• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
I just tuned in.  I liked how George called this woman out for ignoring that most people can't grow their own gardens to eat properly, but then he had to start going into more of his odd childhood pet insect stories.

akwilly

Quote from: goldendeal on April 03, 2015, 01:13:32 AM
Guest Marjory Wildcraft, looks as if she could possibly be a nudist.
you got that right. Man earthy girls just aint my thing

UFQuack

Quote from: rzr1911 on April 03, 2015, 01:13:52 AM
That 3-heads on one body April fools segment ranks among the worst I've ever heard on Coast.
Apparently he didn't think so far as that there's real siamese twins.
It was extremly bad taste... asking questions like "when your head dies, do your brothers live on..."

Wow I never expected something could be lame AND offensive. I didn't listen to it, well I heard the start and then stopped listening, it immediately brought to mind Jorch's other lame April Fools joke "Toast to Toast AM". I believe it was Jorch saying they were switching from the paranormal to a cooking show. Who knew several years later he'd have a late night snack book, maybe he was seriously thinking about it after all.

goldendeal

Quote from: akwilly on April 03, 2015, 01:25:44 AM
you got that right. Man earthy girls just aint my thing

Come on now, there is nothing wrong with a woman with a full bush..... under her arms.

zeebo

George, during the self-reliance/survivalism segment, once again shows skill in somehow turning an interesting subject into a childish, pointless exchange. 

First he waxes on nostalgically about the little tomato bugs he used to "play" with as a kid, then goes on to say that if any major world problems happen, 6.5 billion of us are probably doomed so what's the point of preparing (no mention btw of the emergency food ads he's always pushing.)

Dateline

Reading through the posts, the one that caught my eye is that KFI is scheduling another show over Coast on Saturday night.  I think ratings are down on the weekends and the attempt at the musical carousel of guest hosts is not panning out.  The last two weekends with George Knapp was an attempt to revive ratings over the weekend.

Nick el Ass

It must suck when they even misspell your name on the giant sign hanging on the wall in the studio. Plus Dan Galanti is looking really sad in the picture below for some reason, and my guess is the Hawaiian shirt is a reminder of where Dave wishes he was... so he makes the whole crew wear them.

Quote from: Dateline on April 03, 2015, 04:06:00 AM
Reading through the posts, the one that caught my eye is that KFI is scheduling another show over Coast on Saturday night.  I think ratings are down on the weekends and the attempt at the musical carousel of guest hosts is not panning out.  The last two weekends with George Knapp was an attempt to revive ratings over the weekend.

Good catch.

from wikipedia
"Brian Suits' Dark Secret Place is returning to KFI AM-640 (Los Angeles) on Saturday April 4, 2015 and will be heard from 10=-12 p.m. (local time) per spots currently running on KFI and as noted in their weekend program line-up. "

It's like they're rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

paladin1991

Quote from: Nick el Ass on April 03, 2015, 04:34:55 AM
It must suck when they even misspell your name on the giant sign hanging on the wall in the studio. Plus Dan Galanti is looking really sad in the picture below for some reason, and my guess is the Hawaiian shirt is a reminder of where Dave wishes he was... so he makes the whole crew wear them.

That's just a photo shopped Trader Joe's shirt.  George likes to haunt the TJ's demo table.  Pissed his pants when they were serving up pizza pockets. 
Never saw Tommy so torn and distressed when he had to take George out and not get his pizza pocket. 

136 or 142

Unlike what the guest said, there are still major problems with China's economy.  There are at least these five:

1.Keeping the one child policy too long is resulting in an aging population and China will likely experience an actual population decline for a while. The guest mentioned this but minimized it.

2.The 'rule of law' is still not properly in place.

3.Wages are rising faster than productivity resulting in companies leaving China to set up operations in lower wage places like Vietnam and even North Korea.

4.Over expansion is likely to lead to bubbles and, at worse, a crash.  The guest also minimized this.

5.There are also major environmental problems that are shortening lives and causing massive health costs and degrading resources.

Of course, China has still been a major success story for the past 25 or so years and they will likely continue to keep growing and they've done much very well, but there are major problems there right now.

China has done much right in terms of attracting foreign investment, building infrastructure and improving education, but they still have a long way to go.

136 or 142

The guest said "China hasn't invaded anybody for thousands of years."

Ummmm, Tibet?

136 or 142

Guest threw out the "90 million unemployed" myth.

nextgen.fm

TONIGHT'S SHOW
SETI & Strange Space Signals/ Open Lines
Friday - April 03, 2015
SETI & Strange Space Signals/ Open Lines
In the first half, senior astronomer at SETI, Seth Shostak, shares updates on the search for extraterrestrial signals, and comments on a recent report of strange radio bursts from space. Followed by Open Lines.

www.coasttocoastam.com

Quote from: 136 or 142 on April 03, 2015, 10:09:54 AM
... 5.There are also major environmental problems that are shortening lives and causing massive health costs and degrading resources...

6.  In addition to ecological disaster, what resources there are are not enough to sustain growth - starting with water

Quote from: 136 or 142 on April 03, 2015, 10:34:26 AM

Ummmm, Tibet?

They invaded Viet Nam in 1979.

They recently announced they have annexed international waterways and airspace in the Yellow Sea and the South China Sea.  They send their Navy and Air Force to back up their claims to various disputed islands - the various islands in the west Pacific which are also claimed by Japan, Korea, Taiwan, the Philippines, Malaysia, Viet Nam, and others - there have been threats, intimidation, and skirmishes.

In addition to Tibet (Tibet and Qinghai Provinces, and parts of Gansu and Sichuan Provinces), they've grabbed Manchuria (now northeastern China), eastern Turkistan (Xinjiang Province), a piece of Mongolia (Inner Mongolia Province), and have ongoing border disputes with India

The Peoples Liberation Army has special units whose function is to hack into US and other countries military and business servers and steal classified information and business secrets.  Not a military invasion, but an attack none the less.

Whatever point the guest was trying to make is probably incorrect

When was the last time you actually heard a guest on C2C who had a correct thesis which couldn't be easily discredited with established evidence and fact?

Zetaspeak

Quote from: 136 or 142 on April 03, 2015, 10:34:26 AM

Ummmm, Tibet?

I think he forgot to put an asterisk after anybody, * =  meaning white people country.

coaster

How the hell did I miss the three headed guy thing? Hot damn thats dumb and just outright offensive.

Apparently Kaley Cuoco and Noory have something in common - in words that end with it, they can't pronounce the letter g.  Not a complaint just a quirky mannerism, like Noory's hand gestures/body language :D 

WOTR

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 03, 2015, 12:25:58 PM
The Peoples Liberation Army has special units whose function is to hack into US and other countries military and business servers and steal classified information and business secrets.  Not a military invasion, but an attack none the less.
The USA and NSA hate the competition?

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on April 03, 2015, 10:09:54 AM
Unlike what the guest said, there are still major problems with China's economy.  There are at least these five:

1.Keeping the one child policy too long is resulting in an aging population and China will likely experience an actual population decline for a while. The guest mentioned this but minimized it.

2.The 'rule of law' is still not properly in place.

3.Wages are rising faster than productivity resulting in companies leaving China to set up operations in lower wage places like Vietnam and even North Korea.

4.Over expansion is likely to lead to bubbles and, at worse, a crash.  The guest also minimized this.

5.There are also major environmental problems that are shortening lives and causing massive health costs and degrading resources.

Of course, China has still been a major success story for the past 25 or so years and they will likely continue to keep growing and they've done much very well, but there are major problems there right now.

China has done much right in terms of attracting foreign investment, building infrastructure and improving education, but they still have a long way to go.
Good points.

6. Ethnic and even religious conflicts and disparities
7. Conflict between urban and rural populations and limited ability to travel/move freely (one why China is trying to move things, people, factories, etc to other areas of the country; both to help dissuade the disparity and also as costs rise, pollution, etc in more developed areas)
8. Sexual disparity (too many males.)
In addition to still having an autocratic system that often is corrupt (though there has been some progress here and there are some, at least short-term benefits, to being able to dictate national policy at will, basically. So very fast building of things (dams, roads, buildings, factories, etc), forced migrations, and lax labor laws to try to still say cheap.)

One of the "good things", at least partially, about China is looking longer-term, for the most part, and not simply on this quarter's stock price and being able to coordinate many aspects of the economy/society based on that plan.
-GNS

bateman

Ooh, now that is interesting.

yumyumtree

Quote from: Nick el Ass on April 03, 2015, 01:23:13 AM
I want to know what the meeting was like when they went over the show, and why whoever that is in charge thought it was a good idea and/or entertaining. That person should then be fired.

I agree.  Deathly unfunny.

yumyumtree

So I had some issues with last night's guests, although I liked the first one better than the second one.  I haven't read the other comments yet.

So George has asked this first guest to be his resident China expert.  I suppose he could do worse.  I did, however, detect some glossing -over on the part of the guest.  I realize that I am an old woman stuck in the era when Mao was still alive and that China has changed a lot.  Still, notice how he dealt with the one child policy, for example.  I've heard other apologists do this too--"yeah, it was controversial, but by gum, they had an over-population problem and they dealt with it."  Ends justify the means, in other words. Somebody mentioned a problem with "pollution" without going into specifics. They are really excited about the idea that China can do things and build things "so fast".  Imagine that.  Probably because they don't worry too much about pesky things like building codes, environmental impacts, rights-of-way,etc.  I could be wrong, I suppose. Here in Snohomish county, they've been fussing for a decade about a motocross near Granite Falls.  In China I suppose they'd just do it, and anybody who didn't like it could whistle.  Same with the debate over making Paine Field a real commercial airport.  In China, they'd probably just do it, and people who didn't like the noise, the environmental impact or whatever, tough shit. George chimed in with his his old saw, "We don't MAKE anything any more." Bwah, if that were true. It isn't. The guest was excited about the Chinese building light rail all over the place, but most people I know despise light rail, so they can have it. I noticed that religious freedom was not mentioned.  Are the Chinese still persecuting those Falun Gong people or have they eased up on them?

But you know what really got my attention during this segment?  The guest suggested that Tiannamen Square was an "American military op." Whoa, this is the first time I've ever  heard this about Tiannamen Square, but maybe I've lived a sheltered life.  I suppose it could be true.  The CIA did instigate stuff like that in Latin America, I guess, but that was in an earlier era.  He seems to think that because nobody he met in China wanted to talk about it and Americans are the only ones who talk about it that maybe it was really wasn't real. I could think of some other reasons.

Now, onto the second guest.  I really had some issues with her.  She kept claiming that NONE of the food in the supermarket has any nutritional value and even at one point said it was "toxic".  This bothers me for the same reason that Dr. Jerry Mixon and his senile dementia crusade bothers me. They get people all worried and upset in order to market a good or service, except a lot of them aren't in a position to buy the good or service, so they've just been made to feel bad about something they can't do anything about. She gave me the impression that she thinks that organically grown food has more nutritional value, but I don't think that's true.  There are health and environmental benefits to eating stuff without pesticides and herbicides, the flavor and freshness is greater, it's more likely to be "fair trade" and local if that's a concern and it's a good way to avoid GMO.  BUT, none of those things spell more actual nutritional value.  So I wonder how knowledgable this woman really is. I haven't gone to her websites yet.  I wonder if that's her real name.  Did you hear the caller who said that rabbit meat has no nutritional value?  I wouldn't believe that, either.

Now I'll read the other posts.

yumyumtree

Quote from: goldendeal on April 03, 2015, 01:13:32 AM
Guest Marjory Wildcraft, looks as if she could possibly be a nudist.

Is she the type you would want to see practicing her nudism?

yumyumtree

OK, Marjorie Wildcraft is good-looking, she's probably close to may age, but she's good-looking.  Probably why George got so imbecilic during the interview.

She isn't on wikipedia, evidently. She is endorsed by Alex Jones and NaturalNews.com.  I would not brag about that, but that's her business, I guess.

So, George will be on Sunday this weekend, because it's the first Sunday. Unfortunately I will be having Easter company and one of them despises radio, but maybe I can sneak in a little Coast after they're gone. I don't dislike the emerging artists as much as most people here do, but Joel Wallach?  Wasn't this character on less than two months ago?

Yes, indeed.  I just checked and Wallach was on recently.  This was the night he was talking  fast and not enunciating clearly and I wondered if he was on something and then began wondering the same thing about George. I think these are clearly attempts to promote Critical Health news.  BTW, did anybody hear a week or so ago when George mentioned being in a pre-dental track in college at one point?  Or did I imagine it?  Anybody read McTeague or see Marathon Man?

albrecht

Quote from: yumyumtree on April 03, 2015, 05:46:27 PM
  Did you hear the caller who said that rabbit meat has no nutritional value?  I wouldn't believe that, either.

Now I'll read the other posts.
This is a pretty well-known thing. It is not that rabbit meat has "no nutritional" value but that it is too lean and lacks necessary fat to sustain people long-term (other similar lean meats have this issue.) So you have to have carbs or other types of "fatty" meat in addition otherwise you can die (Eskimos etc eat blubber or other actual fat to help make up for this.) I think is what got that kid who went "Into The Wild" and had the book/movie about him?

Interestingly another Eskimo tip: is not to eat Polar Bear, moose, or walrus liver. The excess vitamin-A can kill you. Although liver is usually good for you (and tasty!) (for iron and vitamin-A, B vitamins, etc certain animals, like Polar Bears have too much for us!)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_starvation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypervitaminosis_A
-GNS

yumyumtree

Thanks.

Actually what got to Chris McCandless, the kid in Into the Wild, was not enough food.  He took a big bag of rice and planned to hunt. His meat preservation techniques didn't work out, and the meat went bad. And then he was getting weaker and weaker. Also the passage into the place he went had a creek or river to cross and he was able to do this when he went in.  But snow melt caused it to swell and he couldn't get back out, especially in his weakened condition. This was a good book and I have to admit that Sean Penn did a good job bringing it to the screen.