• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

valdez

At the bottom of the last hour of the show George did a promo for an upcoming show and said it was going to be "a classic c2c show".  How could it be a classic if he hasn't even done it yet?  Or does he mean "classic" in the sense that it will adhere to certain c2c traditions or subject matters?  I suppose since the show has been taken in so many directions one could say that there are some subjects that are "classic" coast, like ufos, ghost, and monsters, and if that's what he means, then fine, I get it.
     Big classic solar flare gonna hit the Earth tonight.  Cool.

when is this "classic" show? tonight?

this is on tonight:
Host: Noory
Gst: Paul Hellyer
Former Minister of National Defense in Canada, Paul Hellyer will discuss how Col. Philip J. Corso's work on UFOs inspired him to get involved with UFO disclosure and the implications it has for the future of the planet.

I am still excited for friday, which sounds like a truly classic c2c show:

Filling in for George, Art Bell talks with the Director of the UFO Research Center of Pennsylvania, Butch Witkowski, about UFOs and abduction phenomena, including startling evidence of human mutilations which mirror the evidence found at cattle mutilations scenes.

Faster345

So last night I woke up to my dog barking outside and couldn't fall back asleep so I enjoyed listening to the 2AM rebroadcast of C2C and heard The Great One make some sort of prediction, he even said to 'write this down'. I'm paraphrasing but it was something like: In the next 5 to 12 months, 'something big' is going to happen between North and South Korea, and between Israel and Iran. Is there a place on this site where you post predictions on some sort of timeline so follow along as they do or don't happen? I was just wondering as back in June a guest made some prediction about some global event or mitary action right after the 4th of July and (of course) nothing happened. Just wondering.

Cheers.

starrmtn001

Quote from: guildnavigator on August 04, 2010, 09:01:23 AM
when is this "classic" show? tonight?

Art Bell Classics; "Somewhere In Time" is on every Sat. night at 6 pm.  Check listings for your area.  I'm in Colorado.  I listen to it at  7 pm Mt. Time.

gerogeeatsit

Hey all!  I'm new here.  In fact, this is my first post.  I post as Sprootles over on GLP (only on the George Noory Sucks thread, otherwise, I'm not a GLP fan).

First thing, I spelled my screen name 'gerogeeatsit' wrong on purpose...as tribute to the human mspronunciation machine that is Snoory.

And now for my major gripe.

I think what bothers me the most about the destruction of this show has been that Noory has completely lost sight of what the essence of the show is supposed to be about.

C2C was created to cover topics that the MSM wouldn't care cover.  UFO's, paranormal, and 'general strange or weird' stories.

A few weeks back, a caller got through the screener (miraculous, I know) and asked George why he never did UFO shows anymore.  George said, "UFO shows don't get ratings!" He got very pissy with the caller.

Instead, he's turned this show into an even cheaper version of the Glenn Beck show.  He claims to remain neutral politically, but interjects his own ideals at every turn.  He plans entire programs to address political issues, but claims they don't get political on the show.

He cuts off callers and GUESTS who don't agree with him and goes to open lines, which are NEVER unscreened...which really sucks.

His 'behind the secret door' formats are cover and code for 'we don't plan'.

He seems to have forgotten that Art, by his very nature, could take a topic we might find hokey, but 30 minutes into the interview we were suddenly very interested and paying attention because he let his GUESTS TALK and he asked genuine questions, not just interjecting personal exclamations in an attempt to sound smart.

Anyone remember Art using an actual newspaper article and phone book to track down the gentleman who'd created a Jacobs Ladder by stealing transformers from the power company?  That is the sort of thing we'd think boring, but the way he interviewed made us WANT to know more.

George doesn't seem to want to know this.

I am constantly disgusted by the dummed down material he covers and how he's completely turned the show into a political show.  If people want that crap, they have an entire daytime talk menu to choose from

C2C used to wake me up out of sound sleep from scarey stories that were being shared during open lines.  Since 1997 I've been a faithful fan...but now Noory just puts me to sleep. 

The good days of C2C are gone.  I'm cancelling my streamlink.  This makes me very sad, but as long as Snoory is in charge, it's not the show I used to love.

robey1129

So...I am guessing most people at this site have heard Booryingitis' reference to his "favorite" movies during his inept attempts at interviewing.

Anyone hear this one the other night?? Guests were talking about illegal immigration and profoundly dark information surrounding the statistics of death, drug smuggling, Mexican gang-members who are infiltrating our borders and the high chances of Islamist radicals coming here from south of the border toting nuclear weapons. I think one guest was referring to a report put forward by the state department and said something like (paraphrase) "If the American public was aware of the statistics they would realize what a dire situation it is".
Instead of asking the next relevant question Turd Brain went right to his pre-broadcast script.
Boory's response: (paraphrase) "One of my favorite movies has always been 'West Side Story' and I am guessing that these Mexican gangs are nothing like the gangs that were in that movie....is that right?"

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: gerogeeatsit on August 04, 2010, 09:39:14 PM
A few weeks back, a caller got through the screener (miraculous, I know) and asked George why he never did UFO shows anymore.  George said, "UFO shows don't get ratings!" He got very pissy with the caller.
wow.  rush limbaugh has responded with the same "ratings" explanation in the past when asked that question... verbatim.  makes you think, doesn't it.

i can't believe the host of this show, coast to coast am, would respond to that question in such a way.  shocking, actually.  i sure would like to hear audio of this.

welcome to the forums.

valdez

Quote from: robey1129 on August 05, 2010, 12:27:17 AM
So...I am guessing most people at this site have heard Booryingitis' reference to his "favorite" movies during his inept attempts at interviewing...(paraphrase) "One of my favorite movies has always been 'West Side Story' and I am guessing that these Mexican gangs are nothing like the gangs that were in that movie....is that right?"

And the guest responded, "you mean with all the singing and dancing?"  Yeah.  That would be Nooryism # 76: The Inappropriate Dumb Movie Reference.
     Which brings me to Nooryism #9:  The Reckless Disregard for the Meaning and Weight of Words and Phrases.  Tonight George did another pointless segment on John Titor, calling it "one of the greatest stories ever told."  Huh?  Isn't that a term usually used to describe the story of Christ?  And even if you were to come up with a list of greatest stories ever told, would you include that lame dumb internet hoax?  Off the top of my head, right quick, non biblical, I can think of two:
     United 93-  I tried to tell this one at the dinner table to my daughter a few years back.  I got really emotional.  Something about knowing you're going to die a horrible death and deciding to make it matter...
     John Brown-  Crazy white guy who realized slavery would only end through the shedding of lots of blood.  And so he shed blood.  Hacked people to death.  Got caught and sentinced to hang.  A year later the country was in civil war.
     John Titor my ass.
John Brown

gerogeeatsit

Quote from: MV on August 05, 2010, 01:08:09 AM
wow.  rush limbaugh has responded with the same "ratings" explanation in the past when asked that question... verbatim.  makes you think, doesn't it.

i can't believe the host of this show, coast to coast am, would respond to that question in such a way.  shocking, actually.  i sure would like to hear audio of this.

welcome to the forums.

I think it would have been between July 19th and 22nd.  The 22nd was when I posted about it (on GLP) and I think it had been a couple of days since I'd heard it then.  I checked through the 20th and didn't hear it, but that doesn't mean much because I'm at work and had to do so quickly.

I just remember it was near the very end of the show.  I know there was a show about UFO's during that time, but a caller could have said, "You should do more shows like this" and it set George off.

Give me a couple of days, so I can go through my podcasts and find out which date and where it was.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: gerogeeatsit on August 05, 2010, 08:23:11 AM
Give me a couple of days, so I can go through my podcasts and find out which date and where it was.
that would be sweet.

gerogeeatsit

Gah!  I've been through 19th, 20th, 22nd and haven't found it.  This is maddening.  I know I heard it because I was lying there listening.

I'm also being 'bad' because the boss didn't show up today so I've been skimming podcasts at work.

I'll keep looking (listening?) and when I do find it, I'll tell you what epi, which segment, and the time it was said.

Really, this bothers me to know end, not being able to locate something I know to be there.

It's like I'm having research paper flashbacks or something...

gerogeeatsit

Okay, have you guys seen this?

http://www.weeklyuniverse.com/skies/skies7.htm

Check out the guys reasons for wanting to be on the show and Snorge's one line, lame response.

This used to be where the brilliance of Art came in handy.  He'd get a guy like this on the phone and get him to talk, trying to debunk, and admit it when he couldn't.  I don't think he'd write this particular guy off with one line of approximately six words.

I miss Art.

Hey all!  I'm new here.  In fact, this is my first post.  I post as Sprootles over on GLP (only on the George Noory Sucks thread, otherwise, I'm not a GLP fan).

LOL not to side track but I just checked GLP out. I hung out there for a day or two. Got practically ran off the forums because I posted a thread detailing skepticism about alien abductions from a psychological point of view. I'm sorry, I guess the years I spent studying psychology in university is no match for your extraterrestrial masters.

Although if you guys want a laugh, hang out in their audio chat. I swear to god at night it's exactly EXACTLY like C2C Open Lines during the golden days. The only difference is Art isn't there to cut off or re-direct those loony fuckers.

Anyway, welcome to the board man.  :D

gerogeeatsit

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on August 05, 2010, 05:58:07 PM

LOL not to side track but I just checked GLP out. I hung out there for a day or two. Got practically ran off the forums because I posted a thread detailing skepticism about alien abductions from a psychological point of view. I'm sorry, I guess the years I spent studying psychology in university is no match for your extraterrestrial masters.

Although if you guys want a laugh, hang out in their audio chat. I swear to god at night it's exactly EXACTLY like C2C Open Lines during the golden days. The only difference is Art isn't there to cut off or re-direct those loony fuckers.

Anyway, welcome to the board man.  :D

I'm not interested in GP except for the thread bashing Snoory.  I've peeked into other threads but they are full of stark raving lunatics who have no sense of reason.  I refuse to pay to use the other features.

You were too smart and reasonable for them.

I have a master's degree and nearly 20 years experience in the mental health and educational fields.

The only time Open Lines was any good was when Art had them and they were unscreened.  I used to laugh a lot, because every crazy out there would call in, but at least Art was good enough about it to ask them questions that could either play along or debunk them.

We've had some pretty freaky stuff happen in our house, so who knows what does and does not exist.  It's the process of debunking that attracts me.

Thanks for the welcome! By the way, I'm a woman. ;)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: gerogeeatsit on August 05, 2010, 01:04:19 PM
I don't think he'd write this particular guy off with one line of approximately six words.

I miss Art.
you're totally right.  these were the types of people art was looking to have on the show, and if they didn't work out when he got them there, big deal.  he got rid of them, and the audience understood.  that rarely happened, though, because art knew how to make guests and topics seem interesting even if they really weren't.

noory acts like being a guest on his show is the most profound achievement someone can aspire to.  i guess he'll refuse to have this purported "alien" on the show so that listeners can instead be graced with the meanderings of richard hoagland, glynnis mccants, and the other cast of characters whose names have been regrettably etched in our minds like some regrettably ill conceived acid trip.

gerogeeatsit

Ziiiiiiing!  You just nailed it, MV!  Well done.

*applause* 8)

That reminds me.  Remember the guy who stole transformers from the power company and built a Jacob's Ladder?  Art found him through a faxed newspaper article and a phone book.  Well, I grew up 30 mins. from where that guy was in Missouri, and I remember it well.  George's interview of him was one of the BEST interviews on C2C ever.  From the inception of the newpaper article faxed to him, to his initiative to find the guy and turn a short article into a four hour program that LEFT US WANTING TO KNOW MORE!  I'd love a follow up and it's been several years!

THAT'S the essence of C2C.  Noory lovers will never understand.

MV/Liberace!

where in missouri are you from?  i live in cape girardeau, just south of st. louis.

robey1129

OK..for all you Coast to Coast fans who fell asleep last night (8/5/10)....here is George's contribution to a show you know you (absolutely) don't regret missing:
"Absolutely!"; Absolutely!"; "That's really exciting!"; Absolutely!"; "What's the significance of something like that?"; Absolutely!"; "That tells me....strange things are happening to a lot of people."; "Absolutely!"; "That's incredible!"; "Absolutely!"; "That's interesting!"; "Absolutely!", and..... here we go (best for last)......."I believe in Santa Claus...I always have and always will."
The standout for his most intelligent question of the night goes to his thoughtful but endearing "And why do you think people believe in all these legends?(such as Big Foot, ufos, etc.)"

valdez

An Open Letter to George

I was looking forward to your interview with Steven Pyne on the Voyager missions.  I figured you couldn't screw that up too much.  I was wrong.  How is it that it took you 1 hour and forty five minutes to ask him what should have been your first question, "where are the Voyagers now?"  "It's fascinating, isn't it?", and. "Its truly amazing, isn't it?", and, "Its wondrous technology, isn't it?", are not only the same question worded differently, but they're not really questions at all, just time killing statements that highlight the obvious.
    You're tired.  This stuff doesn't mean anything to you anymore.  Art said doing it five nights a week will wear anyone out, and he was right. You need a vacation.  A few months, maybe a year.  Go fishing.  Find a girl.  Hide on an island with some of that E-food stuff and grow a beard.  Art, Ian, Knapp, Richard C., and Linda MH., will handle the show just fine.  Your contract is solid.  The chair will be waiting for you when you get back, refreshed and invigorated, vowing never to use the words, "absolutely", and "good point", ever again, tossing away those silly index cards, dumping that no good producer of yours who should have told you this six months ago, and putting on the best damned 2012 show anybody has ever heard.
    Go for it. 
    Love,
    V.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: valdez on August 06, 2010, 05:05:11 AM
An Open Letter to George
     I was looking forward to your interview with Steven Pyne on the Voyager missions.  I figured you couldn't screw that up too much.  I was wrong.  How is it that it took you 1 hour and forty five minutes to ask him what should have been your first question, "where are the Voyagers now?"  "It's fascinating, isn't it?", and. "Its truly amazing, isn't it?", and, "Its wondrous technology, isn't it?", are not only the same question worded differently, but they're not really questions at all, just time killing statements that highlight the obvious.
   You're tired.  This stuff doesn't mean anything to you anymore.  Art said doing it five nights a week will wear anyone out, and he was right. You need a vacation.  A few months, maybe a year.  Go fishing.  Find a girl.  Hide on an island with some of that E-food stuff and grow a beard.  Art, Ian, Knapp, Richard C., and Linda MH., will handle the show just fine.  Your contract is solid.  The chair will be waiting for you when you get back, refreshed and invigorated, vowing never to use the words, "absolutely", and "good point", ever again, tossing away those silly index cards, dumping that no good producer of yours who should have told you this six months ago, and putting on the best damned 2012 show anybody has ever heard.
   Go for it. 
   Love,
   V.

V.  I just wanted to respond to ALL of your contributions generally.  Sometimes I miss the show, but I know that I can click and there will be your commentary of the show with some interesting twist or comment.  Some are good, some are not so good, and some are BAD!.  Nevertheless, I just want to say I appreciate the posts, and read them, especially when I have not been able to tune it. 

valdez

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on August 06, 2010, 05:49:24 AM

V.  I just wanted to respond to ALL of your contributions generally.  Sometimes I miss the show, but I know that I can click and there will be your commentary of the show with some interesting twist or comment.  Some are good, some are not so good, and some are BAD!.  Nevertheless, I just want to say I appreciate the posts, and read them, especially when I have not been able to tune it. 
     Some are bad?  Thank You.

gerogeeatsit

Quote from: MV on August 05, 2010, 09:53:54 PM
where in missouri are you from?  i live in cape girardeau, just south of st. louis.

MV!  I was born and raised in Bethany, MO., which is in the NW corner of Missouri, off of I-35.  I lived in Missouri for 30 years.  It was a horrible day when I had to surrender my MO DL.  I live in Illinois now, as that is where my hubby is from.  This particular part of IL is redneck hell.

Okay everyone!  One of my fellow posters on the GNS thread on GLP found what I was looking for about George making a statement about ratings.  Here's what I've got and you can go find the audio file of it on streamlink if you're interested.

"I'm pretty sure that was the July 5th show. 4th hour, that particular caller starts around 25 minutes. The statement, although he didn't say "paranormal shows don't get rating" exactly it was implied."

Quoting: Anonymous Coward 1013347

Here is what he [Snorge] said:

“The world is a business right now. But every different program has its own strengths and its own weaknesses. Wa’I gotta tell you. I’ll do a program on alternative medicine and I will get some of the greatest emails I’ve ever gotten in my life about shows like that. But then I’ll get five from someone who might say ‘What happened to the UFO shows? They’re all gone.’ Of course they’re not gone. We still do all those. The bottom line is that it’s a ratings driven business and it’s …(undecipherable mush mouth).”

Once again George shows his inability to intelligently articulate his thoughts. That whole discussion with the caller leading up to his speech was mind numbing."

There ya go.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: valdez on August 06, 2010, 06:58:26 AM

I agree strike the bad.  George is just George, and that is good.

gerogeeatsit

An Open Letter to George

Go for it. 
    Love,
    V.

I'm new and don't agree with all of yours stuff, but I found this letter to be brilliant.  I'd like to sign it and send it myself.

I can't wait to see how and if he responds.

GLP is weird, man. No matter what your opinion is, you're pretty much going to be flamed.

George's second guest seemed good enough to tune in for.......but it turned out to be kinda lame. It was about making road trips to haunted places. Usual Noory interview, just waiting to leap to the next subject before taking calls.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on August 06, 2010, 09:00:13 AM
Quote from: valdez on August 06, 2010, 06:58:26 AM

I agree strike the bad.  George is just George, and that is good.
i think he thought you were saying some of his show summaries were bad.  :)

starrmtn001

Quote from: gerogeeatsit on August 06, 2010, 09:46:31 AM
An Open Letter to George
    Go for it. 
    Love,
    V.

I'm new and don't agree with all of yours stuff, but I found this letter to be brilliant.  I'd like to sign it and send it myself.

I can't wait to see how and if he responds.

Excellent idea gerogeeatsit.  I think I'll do the same.  In fact if enough of us do this, someone is bound to get an answer . . . maybe.

Pseudonaut

David Wilcock on tonight... I swear this guy is a Steve Quayle clone. What is he TALKING about? There's no rhyme or reason to anything he's saying. It's like a rambling, stream of consciousness spew interspersed with a few "mhms" and "ahhhbsolutely"s.

God, this show gets worse and worse...

b_dubb

we should collectively meditate at an appointed time that Clear Channel fire George and replace him with Ian or Napp.  or start a letter writing campaign to Clear Channel to fire George N

or both

b

MV/Liberace!

by the way...
out of curiosity, i took a look tonight at the noory circle-jerk site, nightfuckzone.  believe it or not, they have almost 2000 fewer posts than this forum.  this is profound, considering they get routine mentions on a nationally syndicated radio show hosted by the very douche they celebrate.  wow.