• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Spinner

Quote from: general jamison johnson on August 21, 2010, 01:40:56 PM
My grandfather displayed a lot of the same behavior and thought patterns that Noory has now (non sequiturs, inability to follow logic, conversational curve balls, changing topics rapidly, inappropriate responses) just before he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.  So there may be an actual reason why he's like that and getting progressively worse.  George, if you read this, go get your head checked out man!

Could be. How many times something has done something like the following:

Guest:  "I started researching this because I read the book "ABC" written by Dr. XYZ.  It made me very curious because [blah, blah, blah...]
A few minutes later, George would ask something like, "How did you become interested in this? What got you started?"

WTF! 
He's done this so many times that one can only conclude that he didn't listen to a word the guest said, or didn't understand it. Whatever. It just ruined the interview because the guest would have to repeat the whole thing.

The General

Quote from: Spinner on August 22, 2010, 10:41:03 AM
Quote from: general jamison johnson on August 21, 2010, 01:40:56 PM
My grandfather displayed a lot of the same behavior and thought patterns that Noory has now (non sequiturs, inability to follow logic, conversational curve balls, changing topics rapidly, inappropriate responses) just before he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.  So there may be an actual reason why he's like that and getting progressively worse.  George, if you read this, go get your head checked out man!

Could be. How many times something has done something like the following:

Guest:  "I started researching this because I read the book "ABC" written by Dr. XYZ.  It made me very curious because [blah, blah, blah...]
A few minutes later, George would ask something like, "How did you become interested in this? What got you started?"

WTF! 
He's done this so many times that one can only conclude that he didn't listen to a word the guest said, or didn't understand it. Whatever. It just ruined the interview because the guest would have to repeat the whole thing.

It's terrible. 
I'm sure Art listens occasionally to what his baby has become and does a face palm.  I know I do.

manchumba

Just found this page been listening on my psp for months of nothing but ART BELL. I am glad I am not the only one that thinks George Noory is a bum, a terrible interviewer, boring, did I mention boring. I can't even stand to listen to him unless I am without wifi and can't hear reruns of AB. I listened last night and Art was talking to the chick from the FBI It was like aug 28 2001 just days before 9/11 oh how i wish i could call in and warn them. The shows from the beginning wit AB have always been great. So sad what George has done to the Art Bell Show.

Haha, I caught that interview to. It was former FBI agent Candice DeLong. Welcome to CoastGab, where the legions of anti-noorities always seem to wind up.  ;D

C110

Has anyone noticed that there are only three topics that Noory actually sounds interested in or pays attention to the guests?

1. Alternative medicine
2. Conflicts in the Middle East
3. Financial.....mainly his own

I hate when he spaces off and is unattentive to the guest speaking then comes back stutturing and stammering as he tries to think of a question to ask.  Also hate his 'same old same old' question to every guest "What does it all mean?" and "I luv it...I luv it" and finally "There are no coincidences".

I am very dissapointed in his abilities as a host.  I thought he was OK in the beginning and kind of liked him.  After he signed his big long term contract his performance went straight down the tubes.  I blame his boss and the higher ups for allowing his performance to be so horrible.  They need to sit him down play some show clips back to him and say get your act together or else.

Also can't stand his rude flipid comment "I just won't throw any guests books in the trash" .......How insulting that must be to the guests of the show!   Or when he asks a caller what they earn.....What do you earn George???

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: C110 on August 24, 2010, 06:05:26 PM
Has anyone noticed that there are only three topics that Noory actually sounds interested in or pays attention to the guests?

1. Alternative medicine
2. Conflicts in the Middle East
3. Financial.....mainly his own

I hate when he spaces off and is unattentive to the guest speaking then comes back stutturing and stammering as he tries to think of a question to ask.  Also hate his 'same old same old' question to every guest "What does it all mean?" and "I luv it...I luv it" and finally "There are no coincidences".

I am very dissapointed in his abilities as a host.  I thought he was OK in the beginning and kind of liked him.  After he signed his big long term contract his performance went straight down the tubes.  I blame his boss and the higher ups for allowing his performance to be so horrible.  They need to sit him down play some show clips back to him and say get your act together or else.

Also can't stand his rude flipid comment "I just won't throw any guests books in the trash" .......How insulting that must be to the guests of the show!   Or when he asks a caller what they earn.....What do you earn George???
take a look at the noory quotes thread on this forum some time.  you'll find the whole "coincidences" thing tucked right in the list.  i hate that too.  yes, george, sometimes there are coincidences.  saying there are no coincidences doesn't make you sound thoughtful or insightful.

i can't believe he would ask a caller what they earn.  i'm sure if the caller DID respond with, "tell me what you earn first, george." he'd definitely refuse to answer, and move promptly on to the next caller.

George has a photo of his parents on the C2C website tonight. So my question is; why does George look older than his own mother?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Peenman Enterprises on August 24, 2010, 07:45:26 PM
George has a photo of his parents on the C2C website tonight. So my question is; why does George look older than his own mother?
Hmm... they look like a nice enough couple. U are right tho. He does look older than his own mom.

b_dubb

open lines.  listening to some asshat go on and on about ... um ... a bunch of nonsense.  think he's on mushrooms

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on August 24, 2010, 11:46:50 PM
open lines.  listening to some asshat go on and on about ... um ... a bunch of nonsense.  think he's on mushrooms
HAHAAAAAAAHA!!!! this line made me spit my fucking tea on my computer desk.  thanks, asshole.

where's the rag?

just kidding on the "asshole" bit, of course.

Queen

Im on the night shift and nothing else was on so i started listenting to coast again with george and i realized something. The has changed in many ways,  These are a few things i observed from listening the past few days.

Art Bell use to receive faxes or fast blasts, and he would read them on the air from time to time, George receives IM's and has his producer in LA read them on the air and he answeres them.

Art Bell would host open lines and they were cold calls no screener and it use to be East and West of the rockies George takes open lines using screeners and i dont even hear east or west of the rockies anymore its just there name and location.

Art Bell use to play some really cool music, new age kinda music a lot of cusco and some mainstream rock.  George uses 50's and maybe 40's music that even my mom wouldnt have listned to lol.

Art Bell never let callers go on and on about nothing but George will sit there and chat with someone about the dumbest things to just kill air time, and on top of that it sounds like ur listening to a soft rock channel with love lines opend up discusing feelings LOL

Art Bell use to do interviews, George makes infomercials.

Where did the Coast to Coast am show that we all loved go :(

MV/Liberace!

NIN... long time no see.  what u been up to?

b_dubb

sorry about the keyboard

;)

noory definitely needs to stop letting people just ramble on and on and on and on ...

valdez

I couldn't get through Tuesday's interview with Robert Bauval on ancient Egypt.  I've had it with the whole subject already.  Yeah, nice pyramids, I get it.  Earlier a caller criticised George's complete acceptance of Dr. Leonard Coldwell (Monday's guest) claim of curing cancer.  Also on Monday George failed to ask mega-super-on top of the world-director James Cameron why Avatar sucked so much.  Last night's interview with David Kirkpatrick on the Facebook thing, in spite of George, was cool.

punkinpie

Quote from: valdez on August 26, 2010, 04:32:22 AM
     IEarlier a caller criticised George's complete acceptance of Dr. Leonard Coldwell (Monday's guest) claim of curing cancer.   Last night's interview with David Kirkpatrick on the Facebook thing, in spite of George, was cool.

I almost flipped my lid when I head that guy claim to have the cure for cancer.  He's getting into Kevin Treadeau league bullshit!  He said that he wasn't able to put it in his book because "they" wouldn't let him.  All I could think of was Kevin Treadeau.

I'm in the middle of the Facebook show right now.  I used to have a Facebook account, but the security concerns outweighed the benefits. 

b_dubb

somewhere in an alternate universe ...

Noory - "So James ... clearly you let your 14 year old nephew write the script for Avatar.  WTF were you thinking?"

C110

Yep...It amazes me when these people claim to have the simple cure to cancer.  So why did Patrick Swayze or Dennis Hopper die of cancer.  After all these two had plenty of $ and a lot to live for.  I just don't buy that there is a simple cure to cancer that the MD's don't want people to know about.  I do though believe stem cell therapy will eventually cure many diseases.

punkinpie

Quote from: C110 on August 26, 2010, 07:20:13 PM
Yep...It amazes me when these people claim to have the simple cure to cancer.  So why did Patrick Swayze or Dennis Hopper die of cancer.  After all these two had plenty of $ and a lot to live for.  I just don't buy that there is a simple cure to cancer that the MD's don't want people to know about.  I do though believe stem cell therapy will eventually cure many diseases.

Just out of curiosity....

I went to the guy's website.  There is a big picture of George and it says sign up for free gifts for coast listeners...so I click.

I had to give my junk email address and a link was sent to me.  Then I had to click to confirm that I wanted it.  It took me back to the website and it told me to check my email.  That email directed me back to the website to his online store.  Basically they're selling you a CD series (it sounds like meditation) a "cleanse" to remove toxins and a vitamin and supplement regimen.  Total Kevin Treadeau crap.

majes

It's just George trying to make money man, he ain't Art.

Wise man once said "click ye not; else ya render yourself burdensome".

CoastGab FTW!!!

punkinpie

Quote from: majes on August 26, 2010, 08:19:23 PM
It's just George trying to make money man, he ain't Art.

Wise man once said "click ye not; else ya render yourself burdensome".

CoastGab FTW!!!

My ye sure felt burdened with all the back and forth clicking.  I just had to find out what that hot mess was all about.

The cure for cancer is still in someone else's pocket.

MV/Liberace!

i think the preventative measure/cure for cancer is LOTS AND LOTS of water consumption.

punkinpie

Quote from: MV on August 26, 2010, 09:33:33 PM
i think the preventative measure/cure for cancer is LOTS AND LOTS of water consumption.

That's unacceptable.  Water is free. 

Maybe when the witches finish blessing the Halloween candy they can bless the tap water and we can sell that as a cure.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: punkinpie on August 26, 2010, 09:38:24 PM
Quote from: MV on August 26, 2010, 09:33:33 PM

That's unacceptable.  Water is free. 

Maybe when the witches finish blessing the Halloween candy they can bless the tap water and we can sell that as a cure.
i'm already selling it by the bucket load to the local lead-based paint chip victims.  pays my power bill.

robey1129

Can anyone suggest an alternative radio talk show at night? I have about an hour's commute home right around 1130 pm Pacific.
The "cancer" doctor said stress causes cancer. Listening to Boory fumble through interviews gets me pissed. Pissed equals stress. Noory causes cancer.

punkinpie

Quote from: robey1129 on August 29, 2010, 06:43:59 PM
Can anyone suggest an alternative radio talk show at night? I have about an hour's commute home right around 1130 pm Pacific.
The "cancer" doctor said stress causes cancer. Listening to Boory fumble through interviews gets me pissed. Pissed equals stress. Noory causes cancer.

I think C2C is the only thing good on at night.  Sometimes they have bad topics, but all in all it can be a great show.  Forgive them for the cancer show.  I was shocked by it too.   ???

robey1129

MV/Liberace!

i've mentioned it elsewhere, but i again have to recommend the no agenda show with john c. dvorak and adam curry.  i enjoy it more all the time.

robey1129

I just Googled that show and found their website but could not find info on what stations carry it.