• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

robey1129

Is there anything less substanitive than "Open Lines with George Noory"?
I listened on my way home from work last night. I almost fell asleep at the wheel.
They pulled that "important text message question" deal to cut off a laimbrained caller again. It is the third time I have heard it now. Tom from Buttfuk, Egypt wants to know the three things Captain Kangasnoory would do if the world was gonna end. He kinda changed his answers a little bit this time but they still were boneless. His number one: "Have my radio tuned to Coast to Coast".
One caller even referred to the "Dan Voniken" interview the night before and Snoory let it fly. Speaking of that one, Snoory was his regular labile self. Von Daniken could have said that the Earth was once visited by giant penisauruses with a big eye in the middle and Snoory would have replied "Fantastic" or "Absolutely...that's very interesting"!

valdez

Herschell Gordon Lewis, director of Scum of the Earth (1963), 2,000 Maniacs (1964), Monster a Go-Go (1965), Stick it in Your Ear (1971), Mrs Nymphet's Zap In (1972), and a whole bunch of other flicks with really cool titles, sounded like you would expect a old time, low budget, damn the critics, we don't need no scripts, heck yeah I'll film a lesbian western (1969), director to sound like:  scruffy, jaded, and funny.  This could have been one of George's best shows in months, but el boremiester was too interested in getting out of dodge, and couldn't be bothered with engaging his guest.
    He replayed an interview in the last half hour with some zombie expert, where he asked "why are people so preoccupied with death?"  Because you're a moron.  Play the ufo song.  High tail your ass back to L.A. where you belong.  Memo to Rick Sanchez: you are not the dumbest guy in broadcasting.

Herschell Gordon Lewis,
Herschell Gordon Lewis
"Blast-off Girls" 

Ruteger

Yes, Herschel was funny and entertaining. Loved him as a guest. As usual, the fool Noory just sat there in stony silence - no interaction. Just letting the guest ramble on.

There was a point when Herschel had finished telling a very intersting story, and there was dead air for several seconds. Finally, Herschel asked "hello? are u there?" and Noory acted like he was being disturbed while doing something else more interesting.

Just awful.

MV/Liberace!

is snoory still foisting dr. morgus on the audience these days?

b_dubb

Quote from: Ruteger on October 09, 2010, 11:24:02 AM
Yes, Herschel was funny and entertaining. Loved him as a guest. As usual, the fool Noory just sat there in stony silence - no interaction. Just letting the guest ramble on.

There was a point when Herschel had finished telling a very intersting story, and there was dead air for several seconds. Finally, Herschel asked "hello? are u there?" and Noory acted like he was being disturbed while doing something else more interesting.

Just awful.
that's insanely unprofessional.  maybe george will be getting a pink slip today?

Strel

Quote from: Ruteger on October 09, 2010, 11:24:02 AMThere was a point when Herschel had finished telling a very intersting story, and there was dead air for several seconds. Finally, Herschel asked "hello? are u there?" and Noory acted like he was being disturbed while doing something else more interesting.

That's happening more and more often with him these days;  dead air, followed by the guests asking if he's "still there".

If that, coupled with his total disinterest in the guests themselves, continues, he WILL be sacked.  He can get away with a lot, but management can't possibly let that continue.  They may as well not have a host.

b_dubb

Quote from: Strel on October 09, 2010, 12:43:33 PM

this picture further underscores how ridiculous george's toupee/dye job really is.  upstairs: an elvis preslely pompadour.  downstairs: tired old lebanese guy.  those two don't really sync up at any point.  ever

Strel

There's an ad box on the C2C website now pitching gold, called the Noory Commodity Center.  Holy Hell that guy is too much!

b_dubb

Quote from: Strel on October 09, 2010, 05:44:12 PM
There's an ad box on the C2C website now pitching gold, called the Noory Commodity Center.  Holy Hell that guy is too much!

scamtastic

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on October 09, 2010, 02:50:16 PM

this picture further underscores how ridiculous george's toupee/dye job really is.  upstairs: an elvis preslely pompadour.  downstairs: tired old lebanese guy.  those two don't really sync up at any point.  ever
HAHA, god damn that's funny.  i really wish you could hear me gut laughing at your commentary here.

MV/Liberace!

new avatar idea.

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on October 09, 2010, 08:54:33 PM
new avatar idea.

i like it.  but you should modify the header to read 'noory asshat center' or something

ringthane

Quote from: Ruteger on October 09, 2010, 11:24:02 AMThere was a point when Herschel had finished telling a very intersting story, and there was dead air for several seconds. Finally, Herschel asked "hello? are u there?" and Noory acted like he was being disturbed while doing something else more interesting.

That's happening more and more often with him these days;  dead air, followed by the guests asking if he's "still there".

If that, coupled with his total disinterest in the guests themselves, continues, he WILL be sacked.  He can get away with a lot, but management can't possibly let that continue.  They may as well not have a host.

I caught the dead air during the interview last night, but as I was at work closing up I thought maybe I didn't hear correctly.

Tonight at work it was slow, and the hour before the show they replay the previous night's first hour.

Herschel Gordon Lewis had given a solid multi-minute monolog and realized he best pause to let the host do his job. So he stopped speaking. And there was silence.

And silence.

And more silence.

After the uncomfortable dead air --

HGS: "Are you still there?"
Snoory: "Yes, I'm still here."

What the fuck was Noory doing? Clipping his nails? Napping?

ringthane

Quote from: b_dubb on October 10, 2010, 02:08:45 AM
IM'ing James Cameron probably

You're killing me. IMing via technology very similar to the mass consciousness that invisibly binds us all together in an invisible matrix.

One thing I've noticed -- or haven't noticed, I should say -- is that Snoory hasn't mentioned his contract extension in months. He always crowed how he was captaining the good ship C2C well past 2012. Nary a peep on the matter in months.

Maybe I'm daydreaming out loud.

Strel

Can you imagine if Noory had to take over hosting (for a day) one of the big daytime talk / political shows?  Or cable tv?

I'd like to see how ignoring the callers and repeating "absolutely" would serve him with that type of audience.  That would be a disaster of biblical scope.

b_dubb

ok.  at the risk of turning everyone here (including myself ... ESPECIALLY myself) into asshats .... maybe george is sick? 

oooohhhhh buzzkill.  asshat buzzkill.  there's no defense against that

Marc.Knight

Quote from: b_dubb on October 10, 2010, 01:37:39 PM
ok.  at the risk of turning everyone here (including myself ... ESPECIALLY myself) into asshats .... maybe george is sick? 

oooohhhhh buzzkill.  asshat buzzkill.  there's no defense against that

possible.  Things have been getting markedly worse very recently, almost as if there is a change just around the corner.  He's become a parody of himself now.

robey1129

I, for one, am surprised that there is actually something in there!

robey1129

Is Snoory's "brain" floating around safely in a gooey embryonic fluid or does it kinda bounce back n forth from one side to the other?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: robey1129 on October 10, 2010, 11:25:45 PM
Is Snoory's "brain" floating around safely in a gooey embryonic fluid or does it kinda bounce back n forth from one side to the other?
i think it's just sort of resting at the bottom, with a wealth of space above it and on all sides... in a fashion reminiscent of an unpicked pumpkin.

robey1129

News Flash: George just asked (again) if the scenario in "Day After Tomorrow" could really happen.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: robey1129 on October 11, 2010, 11:53:00 PM
News Flash: George just asked (again) if the scenario in "Day After Tomorrow" could really happen.
he really should be cleaning a dog run outside of tupelo, mississippi.

Snoory tuned out on Herschel Gordon Lewis when he started explaining some of the gorier scenes in "Blood Feast". Clearly, George never saw the movie, and his puritanical mind can't handle such filth.

ringthane

Tonight's topic should've been great, but it's been fairly pedestrian with nothing offered that anyone who googles the subject couldn't learn in 10 minutes.

But the new annoying 'feature' of the show -- the instapoll. Ok, harmless fun, promote the poll, people vote, whatever. For the hordes of grandparents out there accessing the internet for the first time on their e-machines, I'm sure the instapoll is thrilling.

But to promote it every intro/outro and have the guests comments on/dissect the poll results? Can this get any more gimmicky?

I officially declare personnel and/or format changes will be implemented by the end of the year. (reaches for royal wax seal) Ok, there -- my fiat is now official.

Who wants to place bets that Noory will no longer be the official main host in 2011? I bet my Richard C. Hoagland hyperdimensional decoder ring.

valdez

Quote from: ringthane on October 12, 2010, 02:15:40 AM
Tonight's topic should've been great, but it's been fairly pedestrian with nothing offered that anyone who googles the subject couldn't learn in 10 minutes.

Chemtrails bore me to death, but to have Noory sleep walk through the interview (all of his questions were asked in the first twenty minutes, the rest were naked variations of the same questions) literally gave me a headache.

Quote from: robey1129 on October 11, 2010, 11:53:00 PM

He also whipped out the tired "I don't know what's happening, but I know somethings happening."  He uses that when he feels he has to take a stand on something, but not really.

Who wants to place bets that Noory will no longer be the official main host in 2011? I bet my Richard C. Hoagland hyperdimensional decoder ring.

That would be prediction 51 in Art Bells New Years list.  Seriously.

Quote from: MV on October 12, 2010, 12:37:22 AM
he really should be cleaning a dog run outside of tupelo, mississippi.

He'd only screw it up.

MV/Liberace!

unfortunately, i don't share your optimism.