• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

zeebo

Quote from: Zetaspeak on April 15, 2016, 10:06:06 PM
...Somehow he has to stretch that for ten minutes lol.  It's oddly entertaining watching him try to "wing it" and see if the teacher is buying it. ...

You're right I've heard this so many times.  I think he actually enjoys it.  Sometimes he has to work at being so lazy.

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on April 15, 2016, 12:26:49 AM
Noory just referred to "Sumerian Sandskrits" :o
One night he is going to refer to "sand skirts"  or forget that he hosts a family show and refer to female nudists (sans skirt.) ;)

Robert

Quote from: albrecht on April 15, 2016, 09:51:33 PMI don't think Norry is an idiot but someone who grew up sheltered in an ethnic, multi-generational home n lucked out, and willing to put it the time, in a time-slot in which management didnt care and in a company more concerned with buying assets and now selling them off. He shows up n no competition.
To hear him tell it last night, what got & kept him the job at C2C was his reliability & his consistent availability at the last instant when Art Bell was suddenly unavailable.  He was tapped because he was doing a show on a similar theme, which he professes to love.  I think it was the night before that he said he loved the subject matter so much, he'd do it for the love of it w/o being paid.  I listen a lot to programs whose emcees are unpaid, but they give a better quality product, although none of them are doing a 4 hrs.-long talk show in the wee hours.

Because I've been up late a lot lately, & frequently more interested in the topics on C2C than those on MITD, I'm comparing, keeping score.  Both Mr. Noory & Ms. Wade have the fault of "name-checking", i.e. jumping in with some token acknowledgement (like an enthusiastic-sounding "Oh, yes") when the interviewee mentions someone or something.  I haven't heard any really bad gaffes on either's part lately, the worst being Noory's reference to Geo. Wash.'s likeness on "the nickel" last night (so not sure whether he meant on the quarter or meant Thos. Jefferson, or is just fucked up on the fact).  Neither has really derailed an interview lately AFAICT.  Noory has sounded banal but that's par for the course with him & doesn't ruin a show.

The job may just be a lot harder than Redacted or any of us thought, or we're judging by too high a standard, i.e. a host whom we'd want to hear regardless of our interest in the subject or interviewee.

Just Me

Do you think George Noory keeps his 65 year old hair nice and black by using dinovite for pets.

albrecht

Quote from: Zetaspeak on April 15, 2016, 10:06:06 PM
I must admit, there is an odd entertainment value at times listening to Noory. At times he reminds me of the friend in school who has to do a 10-minute book report, and you damn well know he didn't read the book. He might have read two chapters of the beginning and the end, and maybe the back cover. Somehow he has to stretch that for ten minutes lol.  It's oddly entertaining watching him try to "wing it" and see if the teacher is buying it.

Yes I also enjoy the awkward silence when Noory ask a ridiculous question, or something the guest JUST answered in his previous answers but Noory asks anyways lol.

I think Noory would be happiest if he had 3 days open lines, a day of critical health informercial and a day with LMH report. It would be his dream work, where he just sits back an let other do the work for him or just follow a simple infomercial script.
Very good analogy. I also like the pauses from the legitimate guests when Norry asks a question on a subject that the guest just explained and covered at length. I don't like the health infomercials but sometimes do like some of the callers with their litany of bizarre ailments. Sometimes even the huckster guests are taken aback. I also like a caller that sounds sane or makes a good comment to a legitimate guest but than ends with some bizarre kicker like "I had 3 months of lost time" or some "UFO abduction resulting in Morgellons disease" or something and the guest isn't sure how to respond.

Quote from: Robert on April 16, 2016, 09:13:29 AM
... Noory's reference to Geo. Wash.'s likeness on "the nickel" last night...

Oh FFS, lol

136 or 142

To hear him tell it last night, what got & kept him the job at C2C was his reliability & his consistent availability at the last instant when Art Bell was suddenly unavailable.  He was tapped because he was doing a show on a similar theme, which he professes to love.  I think it was the night before that he said he loved the subject matter so much, he'd do it for the love of it w/o being paid.  I listen a lot to programs whose emcees are unpaid, but they give a better quality product, although none of them are doing a 4 hrs.-long talk show in the wee hours.

Because I've been up late a lot lately, & frequently more interested in the topics on C2C than those on MITD, I'm comparing, keeping score.  Both Mr. Noory & Ms. Wade have the fault of "name-checking", i.e. jumping in with some token acknowledgement (like an enthusiastic-sounding "Oh, yes") when the interviewee mentions someone or something.  I haven't heard any really bad gaffes on either's part lately, the worst being Noory's reference to Geo. Wash.'s likeness on "the nickel" last night (so not sure whether he meant on the quarter or meant Thos. Jefferson, or is just fucked up on the fact).  Neither has really derailed an interview lately AFAICT.  Noory has sounded banal but that's par for the course with him & doesn't ruin a show.

The job may just be a lot harder than Redacted or any of us thought, or we're judging by too high a standard, i.e. a host whom we'd want to hear regardless of our interest in the subject or interviewee.

Dave Schraeder in my opinion is excellent when he sometimes hosts the show on the weekends.  As he always promotes when he's on Coast, he has a weekday radio show out of Minnesota called Darkness Radio that can be streamed over the internet.  He could be the control on whether Noory's job is harder than we think.

Merv Griffin told a somewhat famous story that he knew it was time to quit his talk show when he was interviewing the Australian band Air Supply who were fairly big in North America in the early 1980s and they had just explained where they got the name "Air Supply from" and Griffin says that right after that he asked them "so, where'd you get the name from?"

If only Noory could take the same hint.

WOTR

...the worst being Noory's reference to Geo. Wash.'s likeness on "the nickel" last night
Personally, I think he mistook Washington for the four legged beast and not the native American... ;)

ItsOver

Isn't Noory's likeness on a wooden nickel?

I like the nights when LMH is on because basically  he doesn't have to say anything and even though she's reading from a prepared text, it sort of flows. He's ok with the lighter topics, but comparing him with Knapp or even Schrader, there's no comparison in handling more serious topics.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on April 16, 2016, 03:56:26 PM
I like the nights when LMH is on because basically  he doesn't have to say anything and even though she's reading from a prepared text, it sort of flows. He's ok with the lighter topics, but comparing him with Knapp or even Schrader, there's no comparison in handling more serious topics.
Hello again, UC. Good to see you here.

Who

This should come as a relief to George Noory.  Ted Cruz says he won't ban dildos if he becomes president.  Noory will be able to keep his job as C2C host at least another four years.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/ted-cruz-says-he-wont-ban-dildos-if-he-becomes-president?utm_term=.scXqwL3l2l#.gaXBGLr8P8

GravitySucks

The C2C guest with Connie Willis was snoring on the air when they came back from the break. Hilarious.

pate

Quote from: Just Me on April 16, 2016, 10:29:42 AM
Do you think George Noory keeps his 65 year old hair nice and black by using dinovite for pets.

I don't think igNooron's nicie is far game, for this paly(sp).

Onld harmless fools should just let themselves go off-air in their horse-farms 'n suck.  They've hernia'd and scrim-scrambled 4 it, yeah?

pate

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2016, 01:41:29 AM

Connie Willis was snoring on the air

What Ms. Willis does while she is contractually(sp) obligated to do when I have the mic(drip,drip, & drop) should NOT /b a subject of smurfuggin!

ediot:  A true ldr, mmmm'yep, does that stuff (look up that word), meaningless.  Wut eye wuszayin'...  Me likey the TACO pizza rolls!  Totino'sTHEY have them, unbelievable!

136 or 142

Quote from: pate on April 17, 2016, 04:54:33 AM
What Ms. Willis does while she is contractually(sp) obligated to do when I have the mic(drip,drip, & drop) should NOT /b a subject of smurfuggin!

ediot:  A true ldr, mmmm'yep, does that stuff (look up that word), meaningless.  Wut eye wuszayin'...  Me likey the TACO pizza rolls!  Totino'sTHEY have them, unbelievable!

Is it just me or could anybody else here use a pate to english translation?

ItsOver

Quote from: 136 or 142 on April 17, 2016, 12:24:35 PM
Is it just me or could anybody else here use a pate to english translation?
No issue here.  Maybe you should see a doctor.  You might have rabies.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Just Me on April 16, 2016, 10:29:42 AM

How do you feed dinovite to a hairpiece?

Juan Cena

The C2C guest with Connie Willis was snoring on the air when they came back from the break. Hilarious.

Connie was snorting on the air, so it's all good.

Ted Baxter

This may be the case that Connie put her guest to sleep,but she give one hell of a PLUG for Georgie Boy's Paranormal date !

Quote from: WOTR on April 16, 2016, 03:42:25 PM
Personally, I think he mistook Washington for the four legged beast and not the native American... ;)

I must admit you Americans do have some fine looking older coins, probaly better than any other Nation.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Ted Baxter on April 17, 2016, 03:23:16 PM
George Knapp TONIGHT ! :)

Hell yes.....Hope you enjoyed it as much as the rest of us did.  He is just simply:  THE BEST.

Ted Baxter

Red Cross Auction: Dinner with George

[attachment id=1 msg=783266]

albrecht

Quote from: Ted Baxter on April 18, 2016, 10:27:46 PM
Red Cross Auction: Dinner with George

[attachment id=1 msg=783266]
And tap water for my friends.

136 or 142

At 40 minute mark George just asked if 'all these germs were by design."

I don't want to call it God but.... I'd say I called it.  He can't get away from that stupid question.

CornyCrow

Quote from: 136 or 142 on April 18, 2016, 11:42:41 PM
At 40 minute mark George just asked if 'all these germs were by design."

I don't want to call it God but.... I'd say I called it.  He can't get away from that stupid question.
Yep.  He kept asking the nonsense question, 'Who made the first bug?'

There are times in life when you have to accept the 'best fit' answer - play the probabilities.  We don't know for sure what happened, but we try to follow what evidence is available.  Attributing all unknowns to some mysterious 'man in the sky' is not helpful.