• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

CornyCrow

I think LMH is selling herself short by not selling her books and videos on Amazon because of some past slight.  Her voice did not seem as irritating as I used to find it.  I enjoyed the show.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Oliver Kloseoff on April 29, 2016, 03:44:01 AM
Motor oil to prevent mosquito bites. Jus rubbit in like that. hmmm... is it ok to use 2 Stroke? I guess I won't be recyclin that tub a oil I got in the garage. Gotta keep it ta stave off the zeekas!

No. I wouldn't either, it's carcinogenic.

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on April 29, 2016, 02:39:57 AM
I didn't start this conversation here.  Also, given that this topic was brought up due to a political guest that George "I don't do politics" Noory had on his program, I think this is the appropriate forum to discuss this.

There were rumors in Washington for years that Denny Hastert had engaged in sexual misconduct.  For a party that made so much about Bill Clinton, although in his case it supposedly wasn't about the sex, I might have thought that they would have at least asked Denny Hastert about these rumors before choosing him to be the Speaker of the House.

http://www.salon.com/2015/06/03/rumors_of_sexual_misconduct_have_reportedly_dogged_dennis_hastert_for_years/
Yeah, lots of rumors about Obama and even Kasich for decades. We will see when, if ever, they "come out." I think you misunderstand the fundamentals about government and political parties. It is GOOD if you have some hidden secret because then you can be "encouraged" to vote a certain way, appropriate some funds a certain way, award a certain contract, appoint a certain person, etc.

albrecht

Quote from: Segundus on April 29, 2016, 06:33:46 AM
Sure, but you will rarely find Fox or MSNBC listeners who regularly listen to the other side.  When the Fairness Doctrine was in place it acted as a brake to radical brainwashing.  It's much easier to broadcast as they do these days, with little obligation to the truth or to what actually is best for the country as a whole.  Each side just plays to its audience.  There is less competition.
When you implement the Fairness Doctrine in Hollywood and our school systems then we can talk about a Ministry of Truth to determine what the political opinion or news that out over the radio, tv, and internet. Though I think it is also more the availability of so many channels, podcasts, blogs, etc and the open-border and unlimited immigration that contribute to the polarization (or at least self-segregation) than some evil plot by those evil, rich Republicans. Leftists also self-segregate to certain channels/content and even in location of where they live, actually, that is a natural thing to do (despite what the "diversity" scholars tell us.) The more "diverse" the country and media options become the more different opinions, divisiveness, and self-segregation.
-GNS

ItsOver

Quote from: UFQuack on April 29, 2016, 02:37:26 AM
Lips Like Sugar? He's hitting the linda love songs hard tonight.
Hehehe.  I'm sure he thinks he's a "smooth operator."  Sorry, Sade.

ItsOver

Quote from: Oliver Kloseoff on April 29, 2016, 03:44:01 AM
Motor oil to prevent mosquito bites. Jus rubbit in like that. hmmm... is it ok to use 2 Stroke? I guess I won't be recyclin that tub a oil I got in the garage. Gotta keep it ta stave off the zeekas!

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 29, 2016, 08:13:44 AM
No. I wouldn't either, it's carcinogenic.

I can see Jorch slathering on the 10W-30, before he skips out early on Fridays for turkee sammiches and cruising for chicks with Tommy. 

albrecht

I've heard of using oil to kill mosquitoes by pouring it on the surface of water, likely not a preferred environmental option these days, but did the "doctor" really suggest using it on your person?  :o

I don't understand the Senda phenomena  and don't follow that thread or have ever watched his videos but amazed that Norry praised him and said that he will have a segment in the future. Congratulations to him, I guess.
-GNS

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 29, 2016, 12:45:23 PM
"... but did the "doctor" really suggest using it on your person?  :o

-GNS
Yes, he did. He also mentioned mineral oil.  My personal preference is Mobil 1.  Put it on once and you can go an easy 10,000 miles.

Dateline

Breaking news in this weeks National Inquisitor:  An anonymous source in the inspection department was interviewed exclusively.  It was discovered while boarding at LAX that Norry's toupee had "rats" in it.  Norry was allowed to board, but the toupee was detained.  It has been sent to internal hairdressing, for the "rats" to be combed out. 

When questioned, "Why the rats?", Norry replied
" Well, I work for Premrat and some of my most devoted followers look upon them as a delicacy."  It was disclosed on Coast, that Norry would never eat dead rats.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 29, 2016, 01:22:37 PM
Yes, he did. He also mentioned mineral oil.  My personal preference is Mobil 1.  Put it on once and you can go an easy 10,000 miles.
That is almost unbleefable. I'm going to invest in dry-cleaning stores. This doctor thinks people should walk around slathering motor oil on themselves? It will be fun spotting the real die-hard Norry believers out there- he's the guy walking around with oil all over him and the slimy hand-shake.
-GNS

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on April 29, 2016, 11:03:01 AM
When you implement the Fairness Doctrine in Hollywood and our school systems then we can talk about a Ministry of Truth to determine what the political opinion or news that out over the radio, tv, and internet. Though I think it is also more the availability of so many channels, podcasts, blogs, etc and the open-border and unlimited immigration that contribute to the polarization (or at least self-segregation) than some evil plot by those evil, rich Republicans. Leftists also self-segregate to certain channels/content and even in location of where they live, actually, that is a natural thing to do (despite what the "diversity" scholars tell us.) The more "diverse" the country and media options become the more different opinions, divisiveness, and self-segregation.
-GNS
Yes, the polarization of our society tends to give people partial information and keep people from thinking about the country as a whole, but only of his own segment of like-thinkers. The current situation is so much easier for special interests to control, isn't it? 

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 29, 2016, 03:05:05 PM
That is almost unbleefable. I'm going to invest in dry-cleaning stores. This doctor thinks people should walk around slathering motor oil on themselves? It will be fun spotting the real die-hard Norry believers out there- he's the guy walking around with oil all over him and the slimy hand-shake.
-GNS
One of Jorch's little secrets is he's been using motor oil for years.  In his hair and now his toupe.  He likes the well-used oil, to give him that ebony Just for Men look.  His buddy Jimmy says "Me, too!"

albrecht

Quote from: Segundus on April 29, 2016, 03:08:10 PM
Yes, the polarization of our society tends to give people partial information and keep people from thinking about the country as a whole, but only of his own segment of like-thinkers. The current situation is so much easier for special interests to control, isn't it?
Yes, divide and conquer is tried and true strategy and not just by special interests but even by our enemies, abroad and internal. Another example is the militarization of and promotion of an "us vs them" mentality both in the police and in the population which feeds on itself so you have some communities in which nobody trusts the police and even attacks them, which in the feedback loop means the police has even less respect the populace, repeat, repeat.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on April 29, 2016, 03:16:56 PM
One of Jorch's little secrets is he's been using motor oil for years.  In his hair and now his toupe.  He likes the well-used oil, to give him that ebony Just for Men look.  His buddy Jimmy says "Me, too!"

;D ;D ;D
Nice recollections. It is true, Norry and Jimmy seem to have been using the doctor's motor-oil lotion and hair tonic tips for some years. Always before the trends those guys.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 29, 2016, 03:18:48 PM
;D ;D ;D
Nice recollections. It is true, Norry and Jimmy seem to have been using the doctor's motor-oil lotion and hair tonic tips for some years. Always before the trends those guys.
Jorch has always been a fashionista. ;) :)

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on April 29, 2016, 12:45:23 PM
I've heard of using oil to kill mosquitoes by pouring it on the surface of water, likely not a preferred environmental option these days, but did the "doctor" really suggest using it on your person?  :o

I don't understand the Senda phenomena  and don't follow that thread or have ever watched his videos but amazed that Norry praised him and said that he will have a segment in the future. Congratulations to him, I guess.
-GNS

I believe Ridenhauer actually said that at one time (motor) oil would be used but obviously nobody would recommend it now.  I'd have to listen to again to be sure though.

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on April 29, 2016, 03:41:36 PM
I believe Ridenhauer actually said that at one time (motor) oil would be used but obviously nobody would recommend it now.  I'd have to listen to again to be sure though.
I've seen some movie in which folks in Siberia slather pine tar on themselves and have smoke-pots to get a way whatever biting flying critters they have there. But in an office setting and modern city I think I'll stick with bug spray.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on April 29, 2016, 03:52:46 PM
I've seen some movie in which folks in Siberia slather pine tar on themselves and have smoke-pots to get a way whatever biting flying critters they have there. But in an office setting and modern city I think I'll stick with bug spray.
Oh, come on, get with it.  A little lube, followed by a nice powdering of turmeric and you, too, can be a Coast Insider! :)

Chine

Quote from: ItsOver on April 29, 2016, 01:06:44 AM
I know. I was hoping for more cattle mutilations and trumpet sounds, too.

Trumpet sounds. Ha. Those are the sounds of Angels in Adams' 'Heaven' ;)

136 or 142

Quote from: albrecht on April 29, 2016, 03:52:46 PM

He said mosquitoes don't like any type of oil on the skin, and specifically mentioned motor oil and mineral oil. 

Later he said that motor oil used to be put into standing water in order to kill the mosquito eggs but due to environmental reasons that isn't done anymore.

"Health nut" Noory didn't ask him if it was safe to put motor oil on the skin.

albrecht

Quote from: 136 or 142 on April 29, 2016, 05:47:44 PM
He said mosquitoes don't like any type of oil on the skin, and specifically mentioned motor oil and mineral oil. 

Later he said that motor oil used to be put into standing water in order to kill the mosquito eggs but due to environmental reasons that isn't done anymore.

"Health nut" Noory didn't ask him if it was safe to put motor oil on the skin.
Haha. Thanks for the explanation. I have heard of using oil on the water to suffocate them (well their larvae) but never using it on skin, and, yes, that method, like DDT, was effective but not environmentally correct. "Of course" it would be Norry who would ask again about using oil on the skin. Near here they fumigate, with what chemical I don't know, and I always was a bit suspicious of it. Some truck putting out who knows what as kids are playing in the yard, pets are out, folks driving around. Suspect.

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on April 29, 2016, 06:04:39 PM
Haha. Thanks for the explanation. I have heard of using oil on the water to suffocate them (well their larvae) but never using it on skin, and, yes, that method, like DDT, was effective but not environmentally correct. "Of course" it would be Norry who would ask again about using oil on the skin. Near here they fumigate, with what chemical I don't know, and I always was a bit suspicious of it. Some truck putting out who knows what as kids are playing in the yard, pets are out, folks driving around. Suspect.
I sometimes like to fly fish and the bugs are freaking horrible in the summer here. I will smoke a cigar and the bugs don't ever bite me. Even hours after the cigar is out I don't get bitten but my buddy's will be getting chewed on.

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on April 29, 2016, 06:07:43 PM
I sometimes like to fly fish and the bugs are freaking horrible in the summer here. I will smoke a cigar and the bugs don't ever bite me. Even hours after the cigar is out I don't get bitten but my buddy's will be getting chewed on.
I've used that technique. Certainly better than slathering yourself with 10W-40! I've heard those northern climes have bad biting bugs. As I mentioned I saw some Siberian documentary and they looked like George Brett's bat (though I guess no bites and with lots of vodka it is more comfortable.)

At one time marathon swimmers used to coat their bodies in grease to ward off hypothermia.
THE FURTHER ADVENTURES OF NICK DANGER
(flashback starts) Catherwood (the butler)- Don't say it Nancy I know its been hard but I wanted to give you the swellest honeymoon a girl has ever had...we're going to Greece!
Nancy- And swim the English Channel?
Catherwood- No no to ancient Greece where burning Sappho lubbed and sang and stroked the wine dark sea in the temple by the wah da do dah.
Nancy- What?

27:50 GN- Do those Citronella candles work?
GR- Ya they do. They'll work. Anything that's smoky will work. As far as putting stuff on your skin...motor oil...mineral oil...any kind of noxious oil type material on your skin will repel a mosquito.
28:33 GN- Does chlorine kill the eggs?
GR- Chlorine will kill the eggs. Back in the old days you poured motor oil on top of the water. That was the end of the mosquitos larva when they hatched they got into the motor oil and it killed them. Of course environmentally we don't do that anymore.

I'm not going to hold a grudge against the doctor. Now I'm going to grease and swim the Columbia River.

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on April 29, 2016, 06:11:57 PM
I've used that technique. Certainly better than slathering yourself with 10W-40! I've heard those northern climes have bad biting bugs. As I mentioned I saw some Siberian documentary and they looked like George Brett's bat (though I guess no bites and with lots of vodka it is more comfortable.)
I will take the big ass bugs over the fire ants any day. lol

albrecht

Quote from: Oliver Kloseoff on April 29, 2016, 06:16:00 PM
At one time marathon swimmers used to coat their bodies in grease to ward off hypothermia.
THE FURTHER ADVENTURES OF NICK DANGER
(flashback starts) Catherwood (the butler)- Don't say it Nancy I know its been hard but I wanted to give you the swellest honeymoon a girl has ever had...we're going to Greece!
Nancy- And swim the English Channel?
Catherwood- No no to ancient Greece where burning Sappho lubbed and sang and stroked the wine dark sea in the temple by the wah da do dah.
Nancy- What?

27:50 GN- Do those Citronella candles work?
GR- Ya they do. They'll work. Anything that's smoky will work. As far as putting stuff on your skin...motor oil...mineral oil...any kind of noxious oil type material on your skin will repel a mosquito.
28:33 GN- Does chlorine kill the eggs?
GR- Chlorine will kill the eggs. Back in the old days you poured motor oil on top of the water. That was the end of the mosquitos larva when they hatched they got into the motor oil and it killed them. Of course environmentally we don't do that anymore.

I'm not going to hold a grudge against the doctor. Now I'm going to grease and swim the Columbia River.
Yeah, people in Norway etc in rural regions wouldn't shower to keep natural oils in face. Eskimos rubber blubber on themselves. And if you saw "Runaway Train."

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on April 29, 2016, 06:20:18 PM
I will take the big ass bugs over the fire ants any day. lol
Yeah, one benefit of having a cold season! And with all the rain we been giving you can at least find their mounds easier and poison them.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on April 29, 2016, 11:47:41 AM
Hehehe.  I'm sure he thinks he's a "smooth operator."  Sorry, Sade.

Only the best for his "Lady in Red".  Sorry, whoever wrote that sappy song.

zeebo

Quote from: Dateline on April 29, 2016, 02:58:53 PM
...Norry was allowed to board, but the toupee was detained....

This single fragment of a sentence is the funniest thing I've come across all week.  Still laughing.