• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Galaga

Here's a new gem. 2011-09-01, Hour 3, 6 minutes 12 seconds, in a discussion with physicist John Brandenburg about his book, Beyond Einstein's Unified Field.

George: Is gravity in the universe, John, is it... is it uh good thing or uh bad thing? You know in some cases...

John: Oh, it's a very good... it's, George believe me, gravity is a good thing.

Thank God that Brandenburg interrupted his silly ass. But I have to wonder, when he said, "You know in some cases..." I gotta wonder what the hell he was about to say.

b_dubb

Quote from: Galaga on October 21, 2011, 09:28:53 AM
George: Is gravity in the universe, John, is it... is it uh good thing or uh bad thing? You know in some cases...
zero preparation.  zero interest.  i have to imaging that when they set up these phone interviews that the person 'prepping' the guest explains to them that they'll have to save george from himself

VtaGeezer

The only mystery of the crystal skulls I'm interested in is how to get to gullible morons to send me money too.

Towi

Quote from: Lovely Bones on October 21, 2011, 08:27:45 AM
You don't really want to stir this up, do you, Towi? 

You'll have to work hard to find a bigger animal lover than I am.  But the local authorities were in a no-win situation caused by a sick individual.  They don't carry tranquilizer darts in their vehicles.  They're not trained in taking down large animals with tranquilizers even if they'd had them--even the zoo vet who attempted to use tranquilizers on a tiger was charged by the tiger and could have been injured or killed.  Nightfall was an hour and half away.  Authorities had no choice but to balance the safety of the community against the chaos created by the man who created the situation when he chose to let those animals loose on the community before killing himself.  He used them as a weapon to punish a community he was angry with.  Blame HIM for keeping the animals on his property in circumstances that weren't good for them in the first place.

Even Jack Hanna, close to tears at the deaths of the Bengal tigers, sided with the local authorities and said they had other choice.

The intent of my post was to take Noory to task for glossing over a worldwide news story as he did. Do you really think he did justice to what happened?

However, I'll officially go on record now. My opinion is that the authorities grossly mismanaged the situation.

Reports stated that many, if not most, of the animals were still on the property when police initially arrived. These reports are substantiated by the photos showing dozens of corpses laid out at the farm itself. To me, this is the most damning evidence of all. The vast majority hadn't gone anywhere.

Sunset in Zanesville was 6:46pm that day. The animals were released just after 5:00pm. The police started receiving call just before 5:30pm.  This means there was about two hours of useable daylight left. Never mind the tranquilizer guns, why the hell didn't the police erect a temporary perimeter fence to isolate these animals (which were showing no signs of aggressiveness)? With the daylight available, it should have been a piece of cake. While doing this, other officers could have responded to the calls coming in for animals that had left the property, and done what was necessary to safeguard the public.

Yes, Thompson was a dirtbag and the blame falls squarely on his shoulders. But with all the incidents the police had with this guy over several years, and with the public knowledge of a legal (by Ohio law) exotic animal farm in the area, it is clear the police had no contingency plans for a worst-case scenario beyond, "Load 'em up boys, we got us a safari." Lutz and his department should be thoroughly investigated, given the fact that 18 lives designated as endangered species were lost.

Over 40 years later, the song "Ohio" by Crosby, Stills, and Nash seems to take on a whole new meaning. Consider this subject stirred.

fysisist

Quote from: Galaga on October 21, 2011, 09:28:53 AM
Here's a new gem. 2011-09-01, Hour 3, 6 minutes 12 seconds, in a discussion with physicist John Brandenburg about his book, Beyond Einstein's Unified Field.

John: Oh, it's a very good... it's, George believe me, gravity is a good thing.

Thank God that Brandenburg interrupted his silly ass. But I have to wonder, when he said, "You know in some cases..." I gotta wonder what the hell he was about to say.

"... in some cases, John, ya' know, I trip, I fall down and a lot a people are doing this all over the world, John.  Somethins goin on John, where gravity is hurting innocent people..." 

something along those lines.

Morgus

Quote from: valdez on October 21, 2011, 04:38:57 AMHey, wait a minute...the c2c website's recap of the show completely leaves out all the technical glitches.  Very uncool.
noory and his staff will never admit it was all caused by their own equipment.
noory always blames the guest when a phone problem happens and he hangs up on them and goes to open lines.
this has been happening quite a bit recently.
take the credit for the bad as well, noory...  :o

Morgus

I see Noory was the guest on last week's Whitley Streiber Dreamland podcast.
In the intro, Whitley said Noory was an expert on EVPs.
What? Noory is only an expert on poor interview skill examples...  :(
Noory considers himself an expert after listening to some poor quality recorded EVPs played over a poor phone line on the radio?

b_dubb

Quote from: Towi on October 21, 2011, 12:09:22 PM
The intent of my post was to take Noory to task for glossing over a worldwide news story as he did. Do you really think he did justice to what happened?

However, I'll officially go on record now. My opinion is that the authorities grossly mismanaged the situation.

Reports stated that many, if not most, of the animals were still on the property when police initially arrived. These reports are substantiated by the photos showing dozens of corpses laid out at the farm itself. To me, this is the most damning evidence of all. The vast majority hadn't gone anywhere.

Sunset in Zanesville was 6:46pm that day. The animals were released just after 5:00pm. The police started receiving call just before 5:30pm.  This means there was about two hours of useable daylight left. Never mind the tranquilizer guns, why the hell didn't the police erect a temporary perimeter fence to isolate these animals (which were showing no signs of aggressiveness)? With the daylight available, it should have been a piece of cake. While doing this, other officers could have responded to the calls coming in for animals that had left the property, and done what was necessary to safeguard the public.

Yes, Thompson was a dirtbag and the blame falls squarely on his shoulders. But with all the incidents the police had with this guy over several years, and with the public knowledge of a legal (by Ohio law) exotic animal farm in the area, it is clear the police had no contingency plans for a worst-case scenario beyond, "Load 'em up boys, we got us a safari." Lutz and his department should be thoroughly investigated, given the fact that 18 lives designated as endangered species were lost.

Over 40 years later, the song "Ohio" by Crosby, Stills, and Nash seems to take on a whole new meaning. Consider this subject stirred.
I agree. These deputies were eager to go bag themselves a critter. Cops can barely handle handing out speeding tickets. Of course they fuck up anything that doesnt involve repitition and requires no critical thinking

beachcomber

valdez said, "  I had also thought that Raymond Tarpy was just ignoring him.  I thought it was great."

So did I. It was beautiful - and for a moment  I was being entertained - at last...live radio as it could be.
Tarpy was  providing everything anybody wanted to know about crystal skulls, when Noory got nervous:
Who made them? he demanded several times, and when an answer wasn't forthcoming,
"Can you hear me?
Can you hear me? - and finally he was yelling his question (after turning the guest's volume completely off ) - as if he could overcome a troublesome  phone glitch by screaming . Maybe if he can shut him up for a second, HE would be heard - control would be restored.
But it was not to be.
Tarpy just kept droning on oblivious to the problem though, and Noory - beside himself by the sudden turn of events - saved his rapidly deteriorating sense of professionalism by jumping into the lifeboat of open lines.
GN said he has a great staff who will have to go deep to solve the  (recurring)  problem.

Morgus

too bad Noory's technical phone problems didn't affect the callers.
it would have been fun if the callers and guests both couldn't hear Noory and he was left in his own little world by himself...  ;D

Quote from: Towi on October 20, 2011, 07:42:21 PM
I just heard the podcast of Noory's reporting of exotic animal story in Ohio last night. He stated that all but 2 of the 56 animals had been recovered. No mention that 49 of those 56 animals (2 wolves, 8 bears, 17 lions, 1 baboon, 3 mountain lions, and 18 rare tigers) were ambushed and massacred by the local police, while most of the animals just stood by the cages they knew as home.

... You can bet your ass if the police had shot a Bigfoot, Noory would be screaming bloody murder!...

I am so glad I did not listen to animal hater George Noory read this news.  The police should have al least made some attempt to lure them back into the cages, at least called a zoo or university Zoology Dept or even someone that had worked with that guy or had been around the animals.  Cops these days just fire away any chance they get.

Hoo knowze what George would do if there was an actual bigfoot.  I think he'd be delighted if one was shot.  Probably wouldn't find out about it until some guest mentioned it a week later.

Frys Girl

Quote from: Lovely Bones on October 21, 2011, 08:27:45 AM
You don't really want to stir this up, do you, Towi? 

You'll have to work hard to find a bigger animal lover than I am.  But the local authorities were in a no-win situation caused by a sick individual.  They don't carry tranquilizer darts in their vehicles.  They're not trained in taking down large animals with tranquilizers even if they'd had them--even the zoo vet who attempted to use tranquilizers on a tiger was charged by the tiger and could have been injured or killed.  Nightfall was an hour and half away.  Authorities had no choice but to balance the safety of the community against the chaos created by the man who created the situation when he chose to let those animals loose on the community before killing himself.  He used them as a weapon to punish a community he was angry with.  Blame HIM for keeping the animals on his property in circumstances that weren't good for them in the first place.

Even Jack Hanna, close to tears at the deaths of the Bengal tigers, sided with the local authorities and said they had other choice.
Towi seemed upset with Noory's phrase, not the killings themselves.

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on October 21, 2011, 02:29:13 PM
they fuck up anything that doesnt involve repitition and requires no critical thinking
Government employees rule!

Fractal

Len Horowitz is such a psycho.

Yeah, LovelyBones, he sounded like Steve Quayle but maybe that's because he's another fundie, just like Quayle.

And what was that crap he was going on and on about, about the "LOVE" frequency, 528?  What a frickin dumbass.

Quote from: Fractal on October 21, 2011, 05:48:45 PM
Len Horowitz is such a psycho.

Yeah, LovelyBones, he sounded like Steve Quayle but maybe that's because he's another fundie, just like Quayle.

And what was that crap he was going on and on about, about the "LOVE" frequency, 528?  What a frickin dumbass.

I would guess Lisa Lyins is responsible for show content.  I'm guessing she's the one that mostly decides which guests to invite and handles the details of getting them on.  Surely they go over the topics to be discussed. 

We know it isn't lazy George Noory.  He spends his 12 hours a day choosing the index cards from the stack, putting them in order, making up some creepy 'personal story' based on something he's heard or seen, and looking busy.

kf5iwe

Quote from: Towi on October 21, 2011, 12:09:22 PM

Down here in Louisiana, some cajuns I know would have had a hell of a gumbo

Enough with the fucking crystal skulls. What a scam.

It's fitting someone from World Nut Daily is on this episode.

fabucat

Quote from: Lovely Bones on October 21, 2011, 08:33:22 AM
Horowitz reminded me of Steven Quayle, unable to finish a complete thought before starting another one, and on, and on, and on, and on . . . 

That, plus his focus on selling crap from his website, made me want to puke.  I was lying there listening to this crap thinking all hope for C2C has evaporated completely.

And then the crystal skull fiasco began, confirming my suspicions.  The only bright spot in that mess was realizing that a knowledgeable guest, regardless of topic, can carry the show MINUS GEORGE. 

Dump the moron NOW, Premier.

Len Horowitz is just another quack.  Strange that he's also a "fundy" because with a name like his I wouldn't think that he's exactly Christian, lol.  And fundy Jewish folks tend to keep to themselves, read the Torah at home, and don't appear on wacky radio shows late at night (well maybe it's different in Israel, but I don't think so...). 

Anyway, Ian Murphy of the Buffalo Beast totally flambays Horowitz and maybe some other past C2C guests: http://buffalobeast.com/?p=2893

fabucat

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on October 21, 2011, 08:00:00 PM
Enough with the fucking crystal skulls. What a scam.

It's fitting someone from World Nut Daily is on this episode.

I can't help it, but when I hear the words "crystal skulls", I think of people I've known on crystal meth, and how they are out of theirs.:)

fabucat

Quote from: b_dubb on October 18, 2011, 12:12:13 AM
A recent guest ... Christian Day ... CHRISTIAN FUCKING DAY!!!? And they say Coast doesn't have an agenda. Bullshit!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!  Speaking of dudes named Christian, does anyone ever remember a horror film magazine/fanzine in the 1980s, Film Threat, edited by a dude named "Christian Gore"?  He swore up and down that was his real name too, and that he was related to the Gores as in Al Gore and Gore Vidal. 

I sure do wish that "Christian Gore" would show up on C2C (if indeed he's alive).  I do recall that George had on as a guest, the director of the Gore Gore Girls, whose name escapes me, and he turned out to be one of the smartest interviews I've heard in a long, long time. 

Quote from: fabucat on October 21, 2011, 09:48:38 PM
Len Horowitz is just another quack.  Strange that he's also a "fundy" because with a name like his I wouldn't think that he's exactly Christian

I vaguely recall him once saying that he is “a Jew who loves Jesus” but I couldn’t find that on his website. But I did find a few things even more, umm, whatever…

From www.drlenhorowitz.com/bio.html:

“As you might expect from his biospiritual orientation, Dr. Horowitz is a Levitical priest by virtue of his bloodline, spiritual direction, and ecclesiastical commitments. He is the body corporate and Overseer of The Royal Bloodline of David, an omni-denominational healing ministry.”
He also “oversees The Kingdom of Heaven, a private spa and retreat center on the Big Island of Hawaii, where one of the world’s most powerful natural healing resourcesâ€"volcanically-heated steamâ€"is being used to help explain and demonstrate Divinity to humanity.”

Why do I believe that one of the main things he does is to try to get young, attractive, female New Agers to explore “love” relationships with him?  I guess I am just a cynical old hag to doubt this “Humanitarian, Clinician, Prophet, Scholar and Natural Healer” who “Advances Global Healing.”  He’s such a modest guy too.

WOTR

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 21, 2011, 03:00:55 PM
Hoo knowze what George would do if there was an actual bigfoot.  I think he'd be delighted if one was shot.  Probably wouldn't find out about it until some guest mentioned it a week later.
I think that we all know the answer.  George would quickly find a C2C guest who had the knowledge, ability and vocabulary to write a book on bigfoot but does not have the marketing tools.  George would slap his name on it as co-author and start his publicity machine in action.  Finally, George would, himself, become an "expert" on the bigfoot by way of his having his name on the book.  Look at the past to predict the future on this subject...
Quote from: Morgus on October 21, 2011, 02:09:04 PM
I see Noory was the guest on last week's Whitley Streiber Dreamland podcast.
In the intro, Whitley said Noory was an expert on EVPs.

WOTR

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on October 22, 2011, 01:13:17 AM
Why do I believe that one of the main things he does is to try to get young, attractive, female New Agers to explore “love” relationships with him?  I guess I am just a cynical old hag to doubt this “Humanitarian, Clinician, Prophet, Scholar and Natural Healer” who “Advances Global Healing.”  He’s such a modest guy too.
I believe that he claimed last night that the number for love was 528.  He also claimed that 528 was (somehow) a derivative of pi.  I can see him making his own version of the "American pi" movie with young converts...

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on October 22, 2011, 01:13:17 AM
... “As you might expect from his biospiritual orientation, Dr. Horowitz is a Levitical priest by virtue of his bloodline, spiritual direction, and ecclesiastical commitments. He is the body corporate and Overseer of The Royal Bloodline of David, an omni-denominational healing ministry.”

He also “oversees The Kingdom of Heaven, a private spa and retreat center on the Big Island of Hawaii, where one of the world’s most powerful natural healing resourcesâ€"volcanically-heated steamâ€"is being used to help explain...

It may seem like Ian is waay behind this guy, but what does Horowitz really know about zombies and super heros...

Morgus

Noory managed some more fake callers in the last hour tonight on c2c.
Started with a fake JC caller, and also a phony time traveler from the 24th century who used something like a 'portal'

valdez

Quote from: M Knight on October 20, 2011, 08:46:39 AM
I've evolved to the point where I now judge the Nooron on how fantastically excellently he screws everything up.  This casts more of a positive light on the process of truly appreciating all of his massive, numerous, exquisite errors.  I am rarely disappointed, and walk away from most of his shows with a deep sense of respect for someone who can so consistently use daisey-cutter-like incisiveness with guests and the audience.  Bravo.
Quote from: M Knight on October 20, 2011, 06:11:16 AM
...the Master of Broadcast Disaster.

Good stuff, Knight.  Your studies in Snoorology are coming along just fine.

Quote from: Morgus on October 22, 2011, 02:55:03 AM
Noory managed some more fake callers in the last hour tonight on c2c.
Started with a fake JC caller, and also a phony time traveler from the 24th century who used something like a 'portal'

Would it have killed George to tear apart "portal boy's" story?  Just once take down one of these clowns?  And what's with the guy who said he was calling from Heaven?  Was that a skit thrown together by the ingenious c2c staff?  George spent most of the night wondering what Camping and his followers were thinking and feeling.  Eh, what about getting one of those miscreants on the line and finding out?  Fake caller or not, I've had it with JC.   Linda Godfrey on crypto-whatever.  Bless her heart, but has anybody found any evidence for any of this stuff?  No.  George is just killing time.  Play the ufo phil song.  He's done.

Harold Camping Apocalypse Preacher
Earth = 2
Harold Camping = 0