• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

Hautex

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 10, 2016, 10:11:54 PM
I haven't looked into it or studied the issue. Always heard insinuations and rumors but haven't taken the time to look deeply into the subject. That's why I'm curious what other people think. I'm also curious about Bill and Hilary being huge coke smugglers in their early political careers. Someone on here was talking about it not too long ago but again another subject on to research list.
It was supposed to be linked to the Tyson folks after Bill gave special customs clearance to their corporate jet... was a news blurb decades ago..

albrecht

Quote from: Hautex on April 20, 2016, 06:45:18 PM
  It was supposed to be linked to the Tyson folks after Bill gave special customs clearance to their corporate jet... was a news blurb decades ago..
Something about Park-O-Meter also early on in their career. Hot Springs was also well-known mafia spot back in the day, not sure if the Billaries had any connections there. And, of course, the Arkansas prison blood scandal giving people Hepatitis and HIV/AIDS around the world.

Hautex

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2016, 06:49:30 PM
Something about Park-O-Meter also early on in their career. Hot Springs was also well-known mafia spot back in the day, not sure if the Billaries had any connections there. And, of course, the Arkansas prison blood scandal giving people Hepatitis and HIV/AIDS around the world.
If all the young'ins here want a sadly forgotten piece of government tragedy, look up facts on the Tuskegee Experiments that told blacks there that they were being treated for syphilis. In reality, they were just being watched for the diseases' progression until they died.... Government sanctioned murder...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment

albrecht

Quote from: Hautex on April 20, 2016, 08:15:51 PM
If all the young'ins here want a sadly forgotten piece of government tragedy, look up facts on the Tuskegee Experiments that told blacks there that they were being treated for syphilis. In reality, they were just being watched for the diseases' progression until they died.... Government sanctioned murder...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_syphilis_experiment
Actually that one is pretty commonly known now. But there are lots of others that aren't.
Operation Sea-Spray, Operation Big Itch, Willowbrook State School, the obvious Mk-Ultra and associated, and all the radiation experiments. It really is crazy that more is not talked about, especially as we go towards a universal or government controlled healthcare.

JesusJuice

Already rebutted, fam:

Earlier today, Donald Trump made fun of John Kasich for not looking too nice when he eats. Kasich hit back. It was all very Election 2016.

Long before this bonkers election season, though, there was still Trump. There was still eating. And guess what? Trump didn’t look so cute while he was doing that, either. Here are a few photos of the mogul chowing down in a decidedly aggressive way.

Below are some delightful screengrabs we found here at Mediaite:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/pics-hey-trump-whos-the-disgusting-eater-now/

analog kid

Quote from: JesusJuice on April 26, 2016, 05:44:01 AM
Already rebutted, fam:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/pics-hey-trump-whos-the-disgusting-eater-now/

Trump seems to have a problem with everything other people do. Going to the bathroom? That's disgusting!

I just thought his last speech involving Kasich was hilarious.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: analog kid on April 26, 2016, 05:49:08 AM
Trump seems to have a problem with everything other people do. Going to the bathroom? That's disgusting!

I just thought his last speech involving Kasich was hilarious.
Yeah, razzing the batter is so rude!  But its true; Kasich's always eating like a pig while talking with the reporters.  The pics of Trump are candid shots of him having a private meal. Someone should tell Kasich that his being classless is not a reference to egalitarian birth status. Reminds me of the stories of LBJ giving direction to his aides while sitting on the toilet.

Rix Gins

Quote from: analog kid on April 26, 2016, 04:48:27 AM

I guess he has a point.

Strange how pics of people chomping into food makes it seem like they are vomiting.  Especially that photo of Kasich with his glasses on.  I always think this when I see commercials where people are scarfing down hamburgers. 

VtaGeezer

Staying on the eating topic; this was the "Look at that face!" pic of Carly that turned Trump into a woman-defiling misogynist.

analog kid

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 26, 2016, 10:23:26 AM
Yeah, razzing the batter is so rude!  But its true; Kasich's always eating like a pig while talking with the reporters.  The pics of Trump are candid shots of him having a private meal. Someone should tell Kasich that his being classless is not a reference to egalitarian birth status. Reminds me of the stories of LBJ giving direction to his aides while sitting on the toilet.

I don't think masticating in public is wrong. I do it all the time and I'm not ashamed. But the way he hunches over that plate and stuffs his face. Like there's no tomorrow. Not sure I've seen anything like it. Though maybe he is pigging out for show. It's just traditionally been corndogs these candidates hose down.

albrecht

Quote from: bateman on April 26, 2016, 11:01:18 AM
Trump: Americans will thank me when Lena Dunham flees to Canada
Ha, if only these Hollywood-types would actually hold to their threats of leaving the country. We would be much better off. Though I wonder if those other countries would accept them? Even though the policies are somewhat vague and his campaign seems to be more about jingoistic catch-phrases and insulting the other candidates this alone is reason to vote for him!

whoozit

I've always voted based off what people look like when they are eating. Doesn't everyone?  Maybe we need to see their poop faces too. 

VtaGeezer

Quote from: whoozit on April 26, 2016, 03:28:32 PM
I've always voted based off what people look like when they are eating. Doesn't everyone?  Maybe we need to see their poop faces too.
It's keeping Kasich off-balance.  I saw Kasich on CNN this AM and he's looking really rattled and was really snippy to the hosts.  He realizes Cruz snookered him big time and Trump is rubbing it in.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on April 26, 2016, 03:36:13 PM
It's keeping Kasich off-balance.  I saw Kasich on CNN this AM and he's looking really rattled and was really snippy to the hosts.  He realizes Cruz snookered him big time and Trump is rubbing it in.
It wouldn't surprise me if Cruz is behind the 'rumor' campaign or at least tacitly getting his minions to spread it.
http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/john-kasich-sex-scandal-explode/
If he were smarter, and if the rumors are true which is a big if, Kasich should come out a "Q" or "Bi" and could pull lots of votes from Bernie and Billary and even get some Hollywood money. Certainly he would get lots of free publicity.

VtaGeezer

In an effort to keep the thread relevant:
Paul Ryan's stiff arm of Trump is the first act of  running for the nomination 2020.  I'll be on pins & needles waiting to see Ryan and Cruz go at it.

136 or 142

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 06, 2016, 06:08:33 PM
In an effort to keep the thread relevant:
Paul Ryan's stiff arm of Trump is the first act of  running for the nomination 2020.  I'll be on pins & needles waiting to see Ryan and Cruz go at it.

I can think of about 20 other Republicans who might run, though hopefully at least seven or eight of them will be defeated before 2020. 

To Trump, for whom loyalty means that a person has to be loyal to him, but he can act with no concern for the other person, Ryan was being disloyal. I'm a little uncomfortable with the idea of a Speaker of the House of one party not endorsing the chosen candidate of the party, but I can see that Ryan sees his primary loyalty to his House Members quite a number of whom fear they will lose with Trump as their Presidential nominee.

Also, since you believe that there will be a Republican Presidential nomination in 2020, nice to see that you believe Trump is going to lose.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: 136 or 142 on May 06, 2016, 06:13:20 PM
I can think of about 20 other Republicans who might run, though hopefully at least seven or eight of them will be defeated before 2020. 

To Trump, for whom loyalty means that a person has to be loyal to him...

Trump has a reputation that's not been challenged for keeping and promoting good employees until retirement. Do you have a sound source otherwise? Once again, where are all the screwed folks? 

As for the other, there's nothing to preclude a primary run against a sitting President of the same party.  McCarthy, Ted Kennedy, Reagan, Buchanan all did it. And lost.

136 or 142

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 06, 2016, 11:02:30 PM
Trump has a reputation that's not been challenged for keeping and promoting good employees until retirement. Do you have a sound source otherwise? Once again, where are all the screwed folks? 

As for the other, there's nothing to preclude a primary run against a sitting President of the same party.  McCarthy, Ted Kennedy, Reagan, Buchanan all did it. And lost.

I wasn't referring to his employees, I was referring to the companies who are seeking to get out of contracts that involve their using his name brand because they feel he has denigrated the good will of his name brand.  On this, it's quite clear that Trump regards loyalty as merely meaning that people should be expected to be loyal to him, but that he owes them nothing in return.  There are also all sorts of screwed folks who were his customers. However, as they weren't 'widows and orphans' Trump did nothing wrong.

As for the other. Nice try, if that's what you meant you would have written something more like "...waiting to see if Cruz and Ryan challenge Trump for it."

Actually, maybe you wouldn't have.  I don't really care.  The opinions of stupid people don't really interest me.

If you're bored and an insomniac, Russia is holding it's elaborate Victory Day parade right now which is extremely interesting to watch. You can watch live here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fYLdQa-4M3o

Quote from: 136 or 142 on May 07, 2016, 04:52:50 AM
I wasn't referring to his employees, I was referring to the companies who are seeking to get out of contracts that involve their using his name brand because they feel he has denigrated the good will of his name brand.  On this, it's quite clear that Trump regards loyalty as merely meaning that people should be expected to be loyal to him, but that he owes them nothing in return.  There are also all sorts of screwed folks who were his customers. However, as they weren't 'widows and orphans' Trump did nothing wrong.

akwilly

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 11, 2016, 03:41:02 AM

joe dirt 2 was atrocious. I also don't care who wins the election. Joe dirt 1 was awesome