• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Grov505th

Quote from: Birdie on January 24, 2014, 01:00:31 AM
The older I get, the more I prefer winter over summer, but...I hate the dry skin cracks I get on my fingers in the winter. No matter how much lotion I use, it still happens (probably because I am a compulsive hand washer). I have one on the pad of my thumb right now and have been miserable all damn day. Ouch. You never realize how much you use or bump an area of skin until it has a big, sore, dry-around-the edges crack on it. Painful and annoying.

So far, the only way I have found to treat them is to lube the hell out of it with Neosporin, wrap with a thin strip of paper towel, and duct tape over the whole thing. Electrical tape works pretty well, too. But the wrap poses some issues for my compulsive hand washing...sigh.

I get patches of dry skin in the winter, I have tried everything, luke warm showers and lotion, humidifer the whole nine yards.

eeieeyeoh

The older I get, the more I prefer winter over summer, but...I hate the dry skin cracks I get on my fingers in the winter. No matter how much lotion I use, it still happens (probably because I am a compulsive hand washer). I have one on the pad of my thumb right now and have been miserable all damn day. Ouch. You never realize how much you use or bump an area of skin until it has a big, sore, dry-around-the edges crack on it. Painful and annoying.

So far, the only way I have found to treat them is to lube the hell out of it with Neosporin, wrap with a thin strip of paper towel, and duct tape over the whole thing. Electrical tape works pretty well, too. But the wrap poses some issues for my compulsive hand washing...sigh.

I ain't no MD, but you shouldn't wash your hands more than your hair. The skin produces oils for a reason eating a healthy diet. Applying an external oil to skin is counter productive. I hope you don't go bald in the meantime.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 24, 2014, 01:42:00 PM
I ain't no MD, but you shouldn't wash your hands more than your hair. The skin produces oils for a reason eating a healthy diet. Applying an external oil to skin is counter productive. I hope you don't go bald in the meantime.

Lets hope you don't pick up or pass on Cdif, Flu, or any of the many hand contact diseases that can spread by not washing your hands.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 24, 2014, 01:55:59 PM

Lets hope you don't pick up or pass on Cdif, Flu, or any of the many hand contact diseases that can spread by not washing your hands.

I don't shake hands in public unless paid. I eat and split wood with them regularly though. I even use toilet paper with usually one hand but can use both.

maureen

I have found that eating lots of almonds and other nuts helps ... :) ;)

gbneely

My wife gets dry, chapped, and cracked hands. Whenever it happens, she applies a bunch of bag balm to her hands then covers them with socks. She swears by it.

http://www.bagbalm.com/

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: maureen on January 24, 2014, 02:17:07 PM
I have found that eating lots of almonds and other nuts helps ... :) ;)

Also drinking ~ tablespoon of pure well refined Cod liver oil ~ 8 hours of not eating anything and before eating anything else can help too. Learned it on a late nite talk radio show by guest known as the "Codfather" I think on a Ray Bream show. May have saved my life at the time. Later came Art Bell. But supposidly that Cod liver oil taken by expectant Mothers is supposed to increase baby cognative abilities.

After all, schmaltz is a kosher word based on chicken fat rendered.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: eddie dean on January 24, 2014, 03:08:11 PM
Wow! You can split wood with your bare hands!  :)
Is your name Chuck Norris?

No. I wear heavy leather gloves while splitting wood. I use some steel wedges and a sledge hammer. The trick seems to be able to whack the wedge w/minimum energy used to make a piece. It is an art based on the grain of the wood. Sometimes little whacks work better, and sometimes a really big whack works better. I'm working w/sugar maple, white oak, and black cherry wood I cut w/chainsaw from downfalls of hurricane Sandy in NE PA. 70F is comfortable to me wearing clothes, but is much different temp-wise if a female is present from ancient memories.

I'd like to be a Dad, and most likely I could provide for a stay-at-home-Mom and child/ren. Today it really depends on how frugal a shopper she is as was then as I was raised. I don't expect any woman to equal the IQ of my Mom. Quite frankly, my ancestors that developed my Mom and Dad are much more important to me now. My ability to publish internationally my words is a tool and ability none of them ever had.

b_dubb

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 24, 2014, 02:00:05 PMI even use toilet paper with usually one hand but can use both.
Unfucking believable. No one cares. TMI.

Quote from: b_dubb on January 24, 2014, 04:38:24 PM

Hey, do you do the "pinch" or the "boxing glove" when you wad it up?

eddie dean

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on January 24, 2014, 06:01:28 PM
Hey, do you do the "pinch" or the "boxing glove" when you wad it up?

The Rednecks I know (not me  ;) ) don't use TP. They simply let their underpants do the work throughout the day. :o
Then let the underpants gnomes collect them for profit $!

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: b_dubb on January 24, 2014, 04:38:24 PM

Too much information?

If so, what are you trying to hide?

Have you ever circled Uranus searching for Klingons?

bateman

Quote from: eddie dean on January 24, 2014, 06:06:54 PM
The Rednecks I know (not me  ;) ) don't use TP. They simply let their underpants do the work throughout the day. :o
Then let the underpants gnomes collect them for profit $!

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 24, 2014, 06:12:43 PM
Too much information?

If so, what are you trying to hide?

Have you ever circled Uranus searching for Klingons?

How old are you, about five?

Quote from: eddie dean on January 24, 2014, 06:45:35 PM
I love that gif!
I wonder if we can just put that gif in the top right corner.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on January 24, 2014, 06:41:52 PM
How old are you, about five?

You are correct if you include a multiplication factor. America is coming up on its 5'th birthday on July 4 using a multiplication factor of 47.6.

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 24, 2014, 07:13:27 PM
You are correct if you include a multiplication factor. America is coming up on its 5'th birthday on July 4 using a multiplication factor of 47.6.

Let's go with five, then.

Birdie

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 21, 2014, 09:11:37 PM
Lmao!!  I once knew a girl who got "Baby Girl" on her lower back in some kind of gangster cursive.  Yeah, that's going to age like fine beer.  *sigh*  :-\
The summer after I graduated high school, I stopped in 7-11 and was surprised to see a former softball team mate working there. She was all excited about her new tattoo. So, she showed me. The Tasmanian Devil, flipping the bird with 'ftw' under it. On her shoulder. And it was a bad job, obviously from a shop, but a bad tracing job of crappy flash. What do you say?? Besides mumbling 'oh, cool.' ?

I always wonder what she will tell her grandkids about the deep meaning and significance behind her choice of tattoo. At least it can be hidden under a shirt.

Birdie

Quote from: Treading Water on January 24, 2014, 05:21:53 AM
Super Glue.  Just a thin bead.   They have liquid bandage, but I think the Super Glue is pretty much the same and cheaper.  Should last through three or four washes...unless you're using one of those scrub brushes. (Ow)  Good luck.  :)
Sorry to double post, I couldn't figure out how to get two quotes into one reply.

I tried the super glue today and it worked great! Thank you :) I have heard about using it on cuts, but it never occurred to me to use it on the crack. I was doing a lot of cleaning and it held up wonderfully.

Tonight, I am doing the sock trick, but since I don't have bag balm, I am going to try lots of olive oil.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on January 24, 2014, 08:37:27 PM
Let's go with five, then.

I'm not annoyed by your response. I'm not annoyed by me being the youngest of 5 children by the same parents either. Do you find any sense in trying to change something that can't?

ziznak

I smell another forum meltdown... we're about due aren't we?

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: ziznak on January 25, 2014, 03:23:30 AM
I smell another forum meltdown... we're about due aren't we?

Is that based on your olfactory sense from the hairs under your nose or chinny-chin-chin?

If you have hairs that can detect nuclear radiation from a meltdown, probably just the ends should be trimmed.

ziznak

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 25, 2014, 03:36:52 AM
Is that based on your olfactory sense from the hairs under your nose or chinny-chin-chin?

If you have hairs that can detect nuclear radiation from a meltdown, probably just the ends should be trimmed.
Nah it's not a hair thing but we ARE due.