• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 20, 2014, 03:29:52 PM
It happens.  More often than you think.

I know it happens, I just can't get in the head of anyone who would do it.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 20, 2014, 03:25:54 PM
It's been given some very good revues Jaz. But almost all say it's compelling and forces the viewer to watch it. I'm not sure I'd be able to because of the reasons you state; How could anyone treat another human like that?

The acting was superb, as was the direction, screenplay, cinematography, and costumes.  In every technical sense, this film should run away with the awards at every venue.

But it is VERY difficult to watch for long sections of the film.  It doesn't even have the compensation of a happily ever after ending.  Someone asked me if I liked it.  I didn't know how to answer that question.

jazmunda

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on January 20, 2014, 03:41:38 PM
The acting was superb, as was the direction, screenplay, cinematography, and costumes.  In every technical sense, this film should run away with the awards at every venue.

But it is VERY difficult to watch for long sections of the film.  It doesn't even have the compensation of a happily ever after ending.  Someone asked me if I liked it.  I didn't know how to answer that question.

My wife and I just sat in silence for a few minutes after which rarely happens. When we asked each other whether we liked it we too didn't know how to answer the question as how can you enjoy watching the treatment me of human beings like cattle. Having said that the film was excellent.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 20, 2014, 03:23:53 PM
There is no American language, that's maybe why their business model falls down.

I'm sorry to have a different opinion and hope it's not defining another Tower of Babel. The Standard of words I've used through my adult life in understanding others and being understood by others is a dictionary my Mother gave me very lovingly after she had me sit down on my bed with her for that presentation when I was in 1'st grade. I think it had something to do with a school requirement or something my 1'st grade teacher said I needed or I figured out what I needed. Quite frankly at the time I had no idea why my Mom made such a big deal about it, and hardly ever looked at it till after High School and moved out of my parent's house. My journey in life began after figuring out how much that I didn't understand about the words I was using and heard in everyday life before then. It opened more doors into reality than I was prepared for or learned easily about. That dictionary is within 2 feet of me now and is the New World Dictionary of the American Language. I've seen no creative literary work of any importance that doesn't use the words contained in it. The words used not contained in it my Mom simply explained were "gutter" or "toilet" words. However when trying to repair, build, or figure something out, I have used words that have bad street meaning and probably others noone's ever heard before.

Maybe in England or Australia I'll call the hood of my car a bonnet and the starter a cranker.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 20, 2014, 04:52:50 PM
I'm sorry to have a different opinion and hope it's not defining another Tower of Babel. The Standard of words I've used through my adult life in understanding others and being understood by others is a dictionary my Mother gave me very lovingly after she had me sit down on my bed with her for that presentation when I was in 1'st grade. I think it had something to do with a school requirement or something my 1'st grade teacher said I needed or I figured out what I needed. Quite frankly at the time I had no idea why my Mom made such a big deal about it, and hardly ever looked at it till after High School and moved out of my parent's house. My journey in life began after figuring out how much that I didn't understand about the words I was using and heard in everyday life before then. It opened more doors into reality than I was prepared for or learned easily about. That dictionary is within 2 feet of me now and is the New World Dictionary of the American Language. I've seen no creative literary work of any importance that doesn't use the words contained in it. The words used not contained in it my Mom simply explained were "gutter" or "toilet" words. However when trying to repair, build, or figure something out, I have used words that have bad street meaning and probably others noone's ever heard before.

Maybe in England or Australia I'll call the hood of my car a bonnet and the starter a cranker.

At the risk of sounding trite; There is no American language. It has nothing to do with opinion or what your mum read to you, it's a fact. Get over it.

Heather Wade

People and their obnoxious bass coming through the floor.  I am not smoking.  Yes, everyone can hear that shit you call music.   >:(

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 20, 2014, 04:58:47 PM
People and their obnoxious bass coming through the floor.  I am not smoking.  Yes, everyone can hear that shit you call music.   >:(

Ahhh....wait until it goes quiet...arrange to take the adjacent neighbours out for the day/night...Get the biggest amp you can, and put it face down on the floor...Ensure they're asleep...at least an hour into REM..Put on ear defenders...and ear plugs...plug in Strat...turn up to 11...and .....

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 19, 2014, 10:02:21 PM

However, everyone acts as if this is normal.   :o

If someone had told me when I was a child that this is the world I would grow up to be an adult in, I would have made my way to an island in Alaska years ago. 

Fucking dvd's.  Next, it's rfid in everything we buy.

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 19, 2014, 10:14:18 PM
Ha haa, the thought police in my area are still in therapy from the last time they gathered information on my phone calls.   ;D

You are my fucking hero!   8)

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 20, 2014, 04:56:59 PM

At the risk of sounding trite; There is no American language. It has nothing to do with opinion or what your mum read to you, it's a fact. Get over it.

I am under no obligation to follow your direct order. You seem to forget about the Declaration of Independence. Now it isn't dumping tea in Boston harbor, it's the nuclear age Einstein. I knew in the early 1960's that a hydrogen bomb already built exploded a few hundred miles west of and 10 miles high over Chicago would kill 98% of all life in North America within 2 weeks.

However I will never deny Great Britain has many very talented people too.

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 20, 2014, 04:52:50 PM
That dictionary is within 2 feet of me now and is the New World Dictionary of the American Language.

It's unfortunate that they used that labeling because it creates the kind of misunderstanding that you're having now.  What they are referring to is American English, which includes English words that have an American origin.  American English is not a language, though, but instead a dialect (actually a collection of dialects) of the English language.  Hope that helps.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 20, 2014, 05:20:44 PM
I am under no obligation to follow your direct order. You seem to forget about the Declaration of Independence. Now it isn't dumping tea in Boston harbor, it's the nuclear age Einstein. I knew in the early 1960's that a hydrogen bomb already built exploded a few hundred miles west of and 10 miles high over Chicago would kill 98% of all life in North America within 2 weeks.

However I will never deny Great Britain has many very talented people too.

Ni-mh batteries.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 20, 2014, 05:02:50 PM

Ahhh....wait until it goes quiet...arrange to take the adjacent neighbours out for the day/night...Get the biggest amp you can, and put it face down on the floor...Ensure they're asleep...at least an hour into REM..Put on ear defenders...and ear plugs...plug in Strat...turn up to 11...and .....

Heh, yeah, I am being sooooo polite right now.  I have some speakers that would bring this place down, and the Slayer and/or Static X to scare the shit out of all these people.  But, alas, I want to move, and I want a good rental history.  Sorry for the ranting... but grrrrrrr.

At the last place, the guy said he could smell my smokes, and that's why he blasted me out regularly.  Ok.  Here, management said I could smoke inside.  Then when I do... blam!!!  Here comes the record-decibel hip hop.  Ok.  So, now i spray febreeze into the intake vent, and do not smoke inside.  Still... boom boom boom & then *slam* the door as hard as she can.  Again... sorry for the rant.

I am going to the mental health tomorrow.  This fucking sucks.  Pathetic, I know.  Welcome to the Rude States of America, poor baby.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Treading Water on January 20, 2014, 05:06:18 PM

You are my fucking hero!   8)

Dude, you make me smile.  Always dig your posts.   8)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 20, 2014, 05:35:33 PM
Heh, yeah, I am being sooooo polite right now.  I have some speakers that would bring this place down, and the Slayer and/or Static X to scare the shit out of all these people.  But, alas, I want to move, and I want a good rental history.  Sorry for the ranting... but grrrrrrr.

At the last place, the guy said he could smell my smokes, and that's why he blasted me out regularly.  Ok.  Here, management said I could smoke inside.  Then when I do... blam!!!  Here comes the record-decibel hip hop.  Ok.  So, now i spray febreeze into the intake vent, and do not smoke inside.  Still... boom boom boom & then *slam* the door as hard as she can.  Again... sorry for the rant.

I am going to the mental health tomorrow.  This fucking sucks.  Pathetic, I know.  Welcome to the Rude States of America, poor baby.

Can't you complain to the landlord about the noise?

Quote from: eeieeyeoh on January 20, 2014, 05:40:28 PM
Li-po batteries.

McPhallus...McPhallus, your table's now ready...McPhallus...

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 20, 2014, 05:35:33 PM

Go to Chuck E. Cheese and invite everyone back to your place for a party. That will teach them to play their music too loud.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 20, 2014, 05:39:16 PM
Can't you complain to the landlord about the noise?

Yep, I gave myself one complaint allowance, just because I don't want to be, uh, that tenant. 

Just have to keep looking for another place.  Felt good to rant about it, though.  I thank you for the indulgence. 
Bootstraps time!

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on January 20, 2014, 05:41:56 PM
McPhallus...McPhallus, your table's now ready...McPhallus...

Confusing my handle w/someone else is unforgivable. You may want to seek pro help.

zeebo

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 20, 2014, 05:44:24 PM
Go to Chuck E. Cheese and invite everyone back to your place for a party. That will teach them to play their music too loud.

Haha Chuck E. Cheese party, aka the Nuclear Option.

Heather Wade

Quote from: zeebo on January 20, 2014, 06:13:37 PM
Haha Chuck E. Cheese party, aka the Nuclear Option.

I think it would be more fun to invite all the BellGabbers over, just rip it up & have a good time keeping everyone awake listening to our favorite shows at full volume while partying until sunrise.  Ha haa.

zeebo

Quote from: (Redacted) on January 20, 2014, 06:20:51 PM
I think it would be more fun to invite all the BellGabbers over, just rip it up & have a good time keeping everyone awake listening to our favorite shows at full volume while partying until sunrise.  Ha haa.

Maybe we can turn lemons into lemonade.  See we take all of Snooron's lame bumper music, mix it up with some of his dreadful emerging artists, then sample in some Nooryisms e.g. "How-ow-ow are yew-ew-ew" or "It's jusht ama-a-a-a-zshing-g-g-g" and so on.  Then we put it out as an anti-neighbor cd and maybe even sell it pre-loaded on over-powered mp3 players as a kind of self-defense mace competitor.

aldousburbank

Quote from: zeebo on January 20, 2014, 07:20:05 PM
Maybe we can turn lemons into lemonade.  See we take all of Snooron's lame bumper music, mix it up with some of his dreadful emerging artists, then sample in some Nooryisms e.g. "How-ow-ow are yew-ew-ew" or "It's jusht ama-a-a-a-zshing-g-g-g" and so on.  Then we put it out as an anti-neighbor cd and maybe even sell it pre-loaded on over-powered mp3 players as a kind of self-defense mace competitor.
Weapons grade Noory. Not a bad idea.

jazmunda

Printer died. Have to buy new one. Prefer to stick genitals in box fan.

While I was sleeping the forecast for 1 to 3 inches of snow blossomed into 4 to 8!!!!!!!

Oh, I so love the changing seasons....     HEY, THAT WAS FUCKING SARCASM!

>:( >:( >:( >:(   Already had TWO big, bad 4WD trucks blow by my place doing at least 50MPH. 
Did someone wonder if rednecks had a geographic center last night???   Might be RIGHT HERE!!

Have a nice day.   :o

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Treading Water on January 21, 2014, 06:33:34 AM
While I was sleeping the forecast for 1 to 3 inches of snow blossomed into 4 to 8!!!!!!!

Oh, I so love the changing seasons....     HEY, THAT WAS FUCKING SARCASM!

>:( >:( >:( >:(   Already had TWO big, bad 4WD trucks blow by my place doing at least 50MPH. 
Did someone wonder if rednecks had a geographic center last night???   Might be RIGHT HERE!!

Have a nice day.   :o

But you can be smug in the knowledge that in the cold weather, their dicks are even smaller than the trucks compensate them for.

jazmunda

I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Cold weather? It's beautiful here. I just turned on the air conditioning. That'll help contribute to global warming to ensure even colder winters for you. Just doing my bit. :P

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: jazmunda on January 21, 2014, 06:45:20 AM
I don't know what you guys are complaining about. Cold weather? It's beautiful here. I just turned on the air conditioning. That'll help contribute to global warming to ensure even colder winters for you. Just doing my bit. :P

Never let it be said Aussies are selfish bastards.. No way.

Quote from: jazmunda on January 21, 2014, 06:45:20 AM

Projected 10" of snow has begun to falland I'm trapped in work until dismissal. Go right ahead and ask for restaurant recs whilst you are in NY. heh heh heh

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on January 21, 2014, 08:49:16 AM
Projected 10" of snow has begun to falland I'm trapped in work until dismissal. Go right ahead and ask for restaurant recs whilst you are in NY. heh heh heh

Oh Jaz, that HAS to sting!  :o