• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

albrecht

Quote from: norland2424 on October 17, 2016, 09:20:43 PM
from what ive read he nailed the robber in the shoulder and at the end the camera is blocked by a banner not a wall.
Awesome! Glad he at least winged him. Good shooting, and saved his cig or dugout, one-handed!

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Gyoza Girl on October 16, 2016, 02:46:05 PM
As for the worst of the allegations regarding intimidation, I've read there's absolutely no evidence that Hillary orchestrated or planned any attacks on Bill's accusers. Those all seem to be second-hand accounts from other individuals -- most likely people with an ax to grind. Hillary made insulting remarks about some of the women, but I don't know of any wife who's going to embrace the women with whom their husbands have cheated.

This thread is going pretty fast, but I have to give some love to this quote. I think some have such a hate on Clinton but see everything in such an extreme. I think most people understand i scorned wife being pissed at the mistresses. Having more loyality and trying to believe the father of their child/husband and blame the other person. If there would be one person that is allowed to be pissed off about an affair or allegation, it would be the wife. Just look at the recent Brangalina situation where everybody felt sympathy for Aniston.

Personally I think it much more hilarious seeing a bunch of dudes who were so critical of Hillary very being mean these women are doing the exact same thing to Trump accusers. At least Hillary has some family emotional investment into it, what exactly are these Trump fanboys/gals excuse.

Tonight Trumps's wife talked to Cooper and surprise surprise she blamed the women, which again not surprised as that's a pretty defense response during that situation. (I guess except for Hillary)

theONE

"Robin Williams breaks down the last ten years of U.S politics"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOE5ztEHFeY

Quote from: WOTR on October 17, 2016, 07:28:44 PM
What percentage of Americans (white) do you figure display some degree of racism?  No problem agreeing that you probably dislike him for reasons that are not racial.  But how many people do you figure have their opinions at least somewhat (likely unconsciously) influenced by race?

I'm not playing a "race card", but I am also not going to pretend that there is absolutely no differences in how people perceive people from races other than their own in 2016...

You know,  right after I posted that I thought about the point you brought up.  I didn't have time to correct it then but I should not have made a blanket statement like that.  Yes, there are racists in every race.  I should have said that I was tired of liberals throwing out the racism accusation against everybody who is against Obama.  Sure, it may be true for some but not for me or any of the conservatives that I know in my day-to-day life.  I will grant that there are a few racists on Bellgab who no doubt hate Obama because he is black. I'm not one of them though.

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on October 17, 2016, 07:28:44 PM
What percentage of Americans (white) do you figure display some degree of racism?  No problem agreeing that you probably dislike him for reasons that are not racial.  But how many people do you figure have their opinions at least somewhat (likely unconsciously) influenced by race?

I'm not playing a "race card", but I am also not going to pretend that there is absolutely no differences in how people perceive people from races other than their own in 2016...

Are you perhaps confusing the concept of having prejudices and being racist?

theONE

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 17, 2016, 10:09:08 PM
You know,  right after I posted that I thought about the point you brought up.  I didn't have time to correct it then but I should not have made a blanket statement like that.  Yes, there are racists in every race.  I should have said that I was tired of liberals throwing out the racism accusation against everybody who is against Obama.  Sure, it may be true for some but not for me or any of the conservatives that I know in my day-to-day life.  I will grant that there are a few racists on Bellgab who no doubt hate Obama because he is black. I'm not one of them though.

21,...you forgot bring him some flowers...you know to say how sorry you are ,lol

=Schlyder=

*****Breaking News*****

Trump has alleged to have removed a tag from a mattress.  He is clearly not qualified to be president. .....watch complete coverage on CNN

Zetaspeak

Quote from: Schlyder7 on October 17, 2016, 10:21:52 PM
*****Breaking News*****

Trump has alleged to have removed a tag from a mattress.  He is clearly not qualified to be president. .....watch complete coverage on CNN

I've seen this meme on Twitter, comparing sexual assault to removing mattress tags. With Trump fans saying stuff like this, makes you wonder why the Republicans might have  a long term woman problem.

=Schlyder=

Quote from: Zetaspeak on October 17, 2016, 10:44:50 PM
I've seen this meme on Twitter, comparing sexual assault to removing mattress tags. With Trump fans saying stuff like this, makes you wonder why the Republicans might have  a long term woman problem.

How the fuck do you equate the two?  It is in fact is a dig at the lick spittle media. Nothing to do with sexual assault.  Thanks for coming out... stop smoking the bath salts.

albrecht

Quote from: michio on October 17, 2016, 11:23:08 PM
Here's another meltdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GheLRF20FvY
Time magazine is still around?! Wow. Man of Year will be Hitler again maybe? Sorry, I mean Hillary?

theONE

albrecht

Quote from: mikuthing01 on October 17, 2016, 11:48:40 PM
;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M49CrWQdV70
Hilarous. "How much for the little girl?" "Your women, I want to buy your women!" Ala Belushi.

WOTR

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 17, 2016, 10:09:08 PM
I'm glad that you caught the subtle part that it is people of all races who see other races in different lights.  Lately I have been reading quite a lot on perceptions, basic human wiring and how we perceive people, nature vs. nurture, how the brain works ect... There is research behind how we expect people to act and the consequences of going against that. There are gender differences, but also race differences (in addition to short people, fat people and disabled people....)

I appreciate GS making the point above that there is a difference between prejudice and racism.  I think that many people harbour some degree of prejudice where they may not recognize it, though there are some who are outright racist. I suppose my posting made it sound like I attributed things to outright racism...

With that said, for many (most?) people, their dislike of Obama extends far beyond race.  Nobody ever accused people who hated Bush of hating him because he is white while ignoring his policies.  I believe that most people who dislike Obama do so mostly because of policy- but for some race will play a small or a large part in their assessment. 

Yorkshire pud

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37685909

Mr Trump, she said, "was led on - like, egged on - from the host to say dirty and bad stuff".

Yeah, because ol Donny is going to be led on Melania!! Bless her.

theONE

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 18, 2016, 01:05:14 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37685909

Yeah, because ol Donny is going to be led on Melania!! Bless her.

pud, but under ol Donny America will not be led to become like UK is today..under Sharia Law
Think about it, pud

CornyCrow

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 17, 2016, 10:51:55 AM
I have to confess that I read a lot of the comments sections in stories that Drudge promotes and some of the language and attitudes I see from some of those that support Trump is absolutely embarrassing.
We are approaching the day in which we will be able to choose our child's genes.  Just hand pick the qualities that will help them 'win' in life.  I wonder what that will do to people who evaluate others on the basis of some racial theory. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 17, 2016, 11:05:45 AM
Has anyone posted anything yet about the fire bombing of the Rep offices in NC? Trump is obviously sure of the culprits and no doubt the local police will accept his evidence in short measure... Its long before I was born, but wasn't there a fire incident in the 30's in Germany (roughly when Hitler was around), with the sole intention of putting the blame on the commies and jews? Hmmmmm, I think there was...at least Trump can blame a rigged election, orchestrated by the hated media for his failure; rigged by the same media that he exploited to gain the publicity he now enjoys. Surely shome mishtake? Live by the sword perchance?
Evidently the Democrats raised some money to help the Republicans to mitigate the damages.  I think that's a lovely gesture that shows parties can rise above the pettiness when necessary.  I read some of the comments on the FOX site that carried the article and it's just amazing that there are so many bitter and vicious people in the world.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: theONE on October 18, 2016, 02:13:08 AM
pud, but under ol Donny America will not be led to become like UK is today..under Sharia Law
Think about it, pud

I wasn't going to dignify that with a reply, but suffice to say you're very wrong. AGAIN!

Quote from: WOTR on October 17, 2016, 09:21:02 PM
Thanks- I'll keep the segregation thing in mind.

As for my expertise.  Grew up in the punk scene and spent years as a doorman.  I grant you that bar fights may not reflect the broader world.  But watch the guy throw a punch (or, more accurately, try to land a slap.)  If you tell me that you honestly think that was a fight, I will reconsider and look at more of his videos with as open mind as my naturally cynical self will allow. No, I'm not being a reckuf, nor sarcastic for once- I will take a closer look.
I knew you were a slam dancer. :o      ;)      :D

CornyCrow

Quote from: albrecht on October 17, 2016, 09:36:20 PM
Awesome! Glad he at least winged him. Good shooting, and saved his cig or dugout, one-handed!
I never fired a gun.  Is it so hard to shoot someone?  The guys looked awfully close to have missed so many times. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Segundus on October 18, 2016, 06:49:04 AM
I never fired a gun.  Is it so hard to shoot someone?  The guys looked awfully close to have missed so many times.

Firing a gun isn't diffcult. Firing it accurately takes practice. Doing so in a high stress situation even more so (which is why soldiers are trained and trained), doing that and being confident of only hitting the correct target takes even more training. That's why it amuses/ horrifies me in equal measure when some genuinely believe that an armed seige can be brought to a conclusion without more innocent deaths simply by a bunch of 'good guys' (civilians) turning up with Glocks without so much as being introduced to each other. What could possibly go wrong? Special forces soldiers train everyday with live ammunition and know instinctively what their colleagues are going to do  before its been done. 

Philosopher

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 18, 2016, 06:33:12 AM
I wasn't going to dignify that with a reply, but suffice to say you're very wrong. AGAIN!

ahem...

An independent review into the application of sharia law in England and Wales has been launched by Home Secretary Theresa May today.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/independent-review-into-sharia-law-launched

Philosopher

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 18, 2016, 06:33:12 AM

ahem #2

Sharia Law is alive and well in the UK
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sharia-law-alive-well-uk-6957168

MPs launch inquiry into sharia courts in UK
https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/jun/27/mps-launch-inquiry-sharia-law-courts-uk

At least 85 separate sharia "courts" are now openly functioning in Britain, almost 20 times as many as previously believed, a report by Civitas claims.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/5675166/At-least-85-sharia-courts-operating-in-Britain-says-Civitas-report.html

analog kid

Quote from: Segundus on October 18, 2016, 06:29:07 AM
Evidently the Democrats raised some money to help the Republicans to mitigate the damages.  I think that's a lovely gesture that shows parties can rise above the pettiness when necessary.  I read some of the comments on the FOX site that carried the article and it's just amazing that there are so many bitter and vicious people in the world.

Meanwhile the GOP admitted to breaking federal law by illegally collecting absentee ballots.

analog kid

Quote from: theONE on October 18, 2016, 02:13:08 AM
Think about it, pud

You will never be affected by "sharia law" in your lifetime.

mikuthing01

Quote from: analog kid on October 18, 2016, 09:04:03 AM
You will never be affected by "sharia law" in your lifetime.

THAS RIGHT!