• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 10, 2016, 01:42:41 AM
Just a wild guess... The ones that could get bitten off did get bitten off?

Could be.  That would potentially be an awful lot of ticks if 20 some were just the ones biting in around the cat's neck.

I wonder if somehow ticks have evolved a sense to bite in in certain areas, maybe due to something like the way the host animal moves.  In other words over a long period of time, the ones that did attach themselves where they couldn't be as easily removed reproduced more and the ones that randomly bit in anywhere reproduced less.

All this tick talk is going to make for some mighty fine Sunday morning reading for those sleeping right now..

popple

Yall got your powerball tickets?!?!?! It's up to $1.3 Billion now.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 10, 2016, 01:21:35 AM
What is going on with all these ticks around here?

In years of hiking, backpacking, and mountain biking, I never came across a single one until a few years ago when I plucked 2 off before they bit.  The year after that I found two more, and had a friend that was actually bitten by another one.  Then none for a few years.

Over the past month I've pulled at least 2 dozen ticks off my animals - all but 2 were on my long haired cat.  WTF?

Environmental changes (Climate Change) are causing many of this sort of thing.  Scientists of every discipline who are connected to the natural world are reporting such oddities in fish and animal migrations and vegetation changes.  (Yeah, I know that EVERY scientist deals with nature, but you know what I'm getting at). 

CornyCrow

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 10, 2016, 01:28:35 AM
It's interesting they've all bitten in around the neck, a few at the base of the ears, where they can't be chewed off. 

How do those things know to do that?
We brought our two semi-feral cats to the vet to be fixed today.  All day they, uncharacteristically were moping around the house.  When the time came to put them in carriers (which they did not see), they were hiding, which they never do. 

How do they know? 

One cat even escaped the carrier, the only time he'd ever been in one, by tugging at the zipper area. 

Oh, sweet mystery of life, dum-dee-dum. 

pyewacket

We Ain’t Gone Be In No Fiyah!’ I'm glad she and her children are safe- she just made me laugh with her animated retelling of the situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xse5vcMBt-Q

People that don't clear their throat and continue to uncomfortably talk through it drive me batshit.

analog kid

Koreans having American barbecue for the first time.

popple

Human-Animal Hybrids Growing for Organ Transplants

Human organs 'could be grown in animals within a year'

Oh. That's not creepy at all.

I also learned today that IVF is performed with bovine serum... does that mean that babies born from IVF are gmo and part cow?  :o

QuoteA cardiac puncture is performed on a cow's fetus during slaughter, the blood refrigerated so that it will clot. A process known as centrifuge is then used to separate the clear serum from the slotted blood cells.
Quotefetal bovine serum is frequently present in culture medium used in in vitro fertilization. In this process, embryonic stem cells are transferred into the culture medium; this results in growth of the cells.
source

nbirnes

Quote from: popple on January 12, 2016, 04:57:31 PM
Human-Animal Hybrids Growing for Organ Transplants

Human organs 'could be grown in animals within a year'

Oh. That's not creepy at all.

I also learned today that IVF is performed with bovine serum... does that mean that babies born from IVF are gmo and part cow?  :o
source

"I Have No Mouth and I Must Moo." With a tip o the hat to Ellison.

HumanBeing

He's rockin' those pants.
How the hell does this guy not know his pants do not fit?
hahaha sweet baby jesus  ;D

(standing room only to listen to poker pro Daniel Negreanu at the PCA event in the Bahamas)

albrecht

Verizon gave Sir Mix-a-lot's phone number to some law student.
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/i-have-sir-mix-a-lots-old-phone-number/?utm_source=RSS&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=RSS_all
"Then he started getting pictures of women in bikinis in various states of raunchy repose. So many that Nichols told the sender, “You need to stop.”"

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on January 13, 2016, 07:57:28 PM
Verizon gave Sir Mix-a-lot's phone number to some law student.
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/i-have-sir-mix-a-lots-old-phone-number/?utm_source=RSS&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=RSS_all
"Then he started getting pictures of women in bikinis in various states of raunchy repose. So many that Nichols told the sender, “You need to stop.”"

When Rush Limbaugh started his radio show, Houston did not yet have 10 digit dialing. My office phone was 282-2882. The number he picked for his show is 800-282-2882. Evidently there are a lot of people in Houston that were not used to dialing 800 numbers. This was before caller id. For 3 hours per day I would only answer my phone if it was an internal call. Our phone system had a different ring fir internal vs external calls. 10 digit dialing eventually restored my sanity.

Quote from: HumanBeing on January 13, 2016, 04:16:12 PM
He's rockin' those pants.
How the hell does this guy not know his pants do not fit?
hahaha sweet baby jesus  ;D

Maybe he's a gangsta or a hip hop artist