• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

SredniVashtar

I can't help being sceptical (note the correct spelling, colonial shitbags) about this whole lying-in-state business. How do we know she's in there? Surely, for security reasons, it would make more sense to stash her away in a fridge somewhere until Monday. There's always the possibility that the coffin might get stolen by trans-activists who will only return it on condition that Charles dresses up as Marilyn Monroe and live-streams himself on YouTube doing a rendition of 'Happy Birthday, Mr President'.

Also, I can't help remembering what happened in the case of my Uncle Everard ('The Caliigula of North-West Surrey', as he was described in his obituary). After only a couple of days the atmosphere was getting distinctly funky, and we are expecting that the old girl can just lie there for nearly a week in a medieval building (no doubt listed, so they won't be able to modernise it with air-conditioning) and nobody will smell anything wrong? It's still quite warm here too, which isn't going to make things any easier.   

SredniVashtar

I've just been reading that a Japanese professor has won a prize for his study of knob-turning. Are we just supposed to ignore the valuable work of K_Dubb in this area, whose devotion to the turning of knobs, both in theory and practice, cannot be gainsaid?

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 16, 2022, 03:45:46 AMI can't help being sceptical (note the correct spelling, colonial shitbags) about this whole lying-in-state business. How do we know she's in there?

You will just have to take it on faith bub. I suppose they could have done the Evita Peron thing and whacked her full of glycerin and showed her off in a glass box but wasn't she one of the lizard men? Might be a tough one to explain and then of course you have Dave Icke making a scene = "See! I told you. I bloody told you so!".   

K_Dubb

The Welsh, at least, are s sturdy and sensible people.

https://twitter.com/emmytargaryen/status/1570791794706878465

Also it was jarring to hear them playing my high school fight song, which was somewhat incongruously sung to the tune of Men of Harlech.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on September 15, 2022, 02:09:06 PMMaybe, Idk about the stat but I would say the majority of profits (at least pre-Covid and pre-Pox) from most gyms, at least chain gyms, are likely New Year's Resolution types and others who join and they stop going but still have recurring fees due to contract. Or whose employer, or health insurance, pays and so when they stop going the gym is still getting paid.

OH yes, I should have specifed:  half of the men who actually go to suburban gyms regularly are gay.  As motivation, no distant resolution or nebulous health benefit can compare to the sure knowledge that you will be on full display at the local meat market on Friday night 😧

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 16, 2022, 03:45:46 AMI can't help being sceptical (note the correct spelling, colonial shitbags) about this whole lying-in-state business. How do we know she's in there? Surely, for security reasons, it would make more sense to stash her away in a fridge somewhere until Monday. There's always the possibility that the coffin might get stolen by trans-activists who will only return it on condition that Charles dresses up as Marilyn Monroe and live-streams himself on YouTube doing a rendition of 'Happy Birthday, Mr President'.

Also, I can't help remembering what happened in the case of my Uncle Everard ('The Caliigula of North-West Surrey', as he was described in his obituary). After only a couple of days the atmosphere was getting distinctly funky, and we are expecting that the old girl can just lie there for nearly a week in a medieval building (no doubt listed, so they won't be able to modernise it with air-conditioning) and nobody will smell anything wrong? It's still quite warm here too, which isn't going to make things any easier.   

You don't have those giant ziplocs you can shove a whole turkey carcass in after Thanksgiving?  I am sure she'd fit in one of those without too much trussing.

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on September 16, 2022, 07:41:57 AMYou will just have to take it on faith bub. I suppose they could have done the Evita Peron thing and whacked her full of glycerin and showed her off in a glass box but wasn't she one of the lizard men? Might be a tough one to explain and then of course you have Dave Icke making a scene = "See! I told you. I bloody told you so!".   

I think Lenin is still on wax display in Red Square. Not sure. I think it is an almost universal thing in some places. Even today there are political fights over burial places or monuments (not just the Democrats wanting to destroy monuments and disinter fellow Democrat's graves in attempt to ignore their support for Civil War, lynchings, and such.) But huge controversies in places like Spain, Philippians, Argentina, etc about where to bury/crypt old leaders. Some even get shipped around and shipped back!

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 16, 2022, 04:44:55 AMI've just been reading that a Japanese professor has won a prize for his study of knob-turning. Are we just supposed to ignore the valuable work of K_Dubb in this area, whose devotion to the turning of knobs, both in theory and practice, cannot be gainsaid?

I can only attribute this leaden flight of what you hope to be wit to your own deep mourning for the queen, strangely touching in a way  :(

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 16, 2022, 10:13:09 AMOH yes, I should have specifed:  half of the men who actually go to suburban gyms regularly are gay.  As motivation, no distant resolution or nebulous health benefit can compare to the sure knowledge that you will be on full display at the local meat market on Friday night 😧

As I mentioned before, I had a cousin before he could move to a better place who, due to cheaper had to live in West Hollywood and his wife would comment. And he said "wtf fuck all the guys around here are in shape. I get up hungover to get a coffee and all these guys running around, doing pull ups, shirtless, etc and she looks at me. Luckily there is no threat of her getting hit on."

pate

Thread, has this been properly 'splained/debunked:

Seems legit, Nautical Shore?

-p

Quote from: pate on September 16, 2022, 11:28:30 AMThread, has this been properly 'splained/debunked:

-p

Huh. I figured it was because the Queen had liberated the talking goat from the old man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-47H99gKlo4

albrecht

Quote from: pate on September 16, 2022, 11:28:30 AMThread, has this been properly 'splained/debunked:

-p

It is a Welsh deal. And, apparently, no relation to Baphomet or even any Biblical stuff about Judas goats, sacrifices, a loser, etc. (Or modern 'spin' where goat used to be loser but now means greatest-of-all-time.) But some kinda Welsh deal in one division. Had a goat (for what purposes we shall ignore) during the war and it survived and became a mascot.

BobGrau

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 16, 2022, 03:45:46 AMI can't help being sceptical (note the correct spelling, colonial shitbags) about this whole lying-in-state business. How do we know she's in there? Surely, for security reasons, it would make more sense to stash her away in a fridge somewhere until Monday. There's always the possibility that the coffin might get stolen by trans-activists who will only return it on condition that Charles dresses up as Marilyn Monroe and live-streams himself on YouTube doing a rendition of 'Happy Birthday, Mr President'.

Every British child of my generation was informed that "the Queen does not use the toilet" so obviously she wouldn't... hey wait a minute, is that what killed her?

BobGrau

-p

I've always been amused at the idea that people who are literally above the law would bother hiding anything.

paladin1991

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 16, 2022, 03:31:25 AMI note in passing that my request for a partial refund was met with frosty silence. Getting money out of a Yorkshireman is roughly comparable to stealing a wolf cub from its mother.
Aren't the Downton Abbey folks, Yourkshire men?  They seem a decent sort. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on September 16, 2022, 12:54:07 PMAren't the Downton Abbey folks, Yourkshire men?  They seem a decent sort. 

Aside from the inbreeding, you mean?

Mere

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 15, 2022, 09:02:21 PMOn the Monty Python LP 'Matching tie and handkerchief' there's a sketch "World War one noises"

I think it's Graham Chapman (officer) and Mike Palin (squaddie) discussing the war, end of the war...and Palin shows the officer a photo of his g/f back in Blighty.." Oh, she's a very pretty girl" "Thank you Sir"  The officer digs out similar: "Bit ugly Sir" "Sorry?" "As in unattractive to men Sir"  "Oh think it's the light, makes her nose look big"  "No, it's not the nose, she's ugly Sir"

Charles has HAD that conversation.

I have it, but no turntable.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 16, 2022, 10:23:02 AMI can only attribute this leaden flight of what you hope to be wit to your own deep mourning for the queen, strangely touching in a way  :(

You next time you sashay along the Seattle seafront, I sincerely hope that you are devoured by a passing waterbeast.

Yorkshire pud

I think also the bloke leading is the RSM, or Regimental Sergeant Major. He is referred to as Sir, God, Your supreme excellency, Divine Lord  even by high ranking officers. His power is absolute as he carries a pace stick that shoots lasers that can melt slate.

-p

Sigh...Heathens.

The soldiers are the Welsh Guards. The goat is their regimental mascot, not the monarch's.

No debunking neccessary.

Lazarus

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 17, 2022, 09:14:50 AMSigh...Heathens.

The soldiers are the Welsh Guards. The goat is their regimental mascot, not the monarch's.

No debunking neccessary.

Plenty of explanations required.

Jackstar

Quote from: Lazarus on September 17, 2022, 10:57:04 PMPlenty of explanations required.

Oh yeah! I forgot. (Really.) I have that open in another window. I'll work on it some more.

I didn't think you wanted yes/no questions, since, after all, there are lots of depth available to most subjects at hand. And now, with The Key, you unlock nothing at all, since the whole system is on lockdown now.

Here's part of the beginning of an explanation: I really do not enjoy being lied to, about, and in public, and now, you all goddam well know why. And if not, you can safely here be told... it doesn't matter whether your honesty with me or not now, as I must assume that you're all in active deception (of yourselves, if not just me). Good luck.

paladin1991

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 16, 2022, 01:46:33 PMAside from the inbreeding, you mean?
Incest is best, Put your sister to the test. 

K_Dubb

Just saw King Harald arriving for the big pre-funeral party  :(

The SWEDES are behind, as they should be  ;D

Jackstar

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 18, 2022, 07:41:34 PMJust saw King Harald arriving for the big pre-funeral party  :(

Once again, not invited--but then again, I started early, so...

Quote from: K_Dubb on September 18, 2022, 07:41:34 PMJust saw King Harald arriving for the big pre-funeral party  :(

The old boy has to hang in there. The heir Haakon, married a commoner single mother whose baby daddy was a felon and was pretty chummy with Epstein and now has a fatal disease. Perhaps the heir's judgement is a tad rocky.

The United States could have theoritically had a King Spotswood. We wuz robbed.  :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxnBveop5no