• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Celebrity Deaths

Started by noodlehead.crucified.c2c, June 25, 2009, 05:28:29 PM

albrecht

Murder, She Dead. Aside from other movies, shows, and such. A long career of good roles.

paladin1991

Sean Penn's Mom died.  And so did Robert Brown.

Rix Gins

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on September 08, 2022, 05:27:05 PMI was here earlier when you posted this then 10 minutes later I get a notification on my phone that she died. Apparently Bellgab is where I go to get breaking news.

When I think back, there have been numerous major events that I learned about first on BG.  I always found it striking how well I could stay updated just by reading this forum.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on September 09, 2022, 03:08:18 PM...gravitas (remember when that was a word used by every single newscaster?)

I still come across someone on Twitter using that word from time to time with a straight face.  As if it makes them "learned."  It's always used in the context of politics and nothing else.

Jackstar

Quote from: MV/Liberace! on October 14, 2022, 09:47:30 PMI still come across someone on Twitter using that word from time to time with a straight face.  As if it makes them "learned."  It's always used in the context of politics and nothing else.

The word has no power unless used with italics. Twitter has no support for italics; Twitter is fail.

Twitter has no gravitas.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: MV/Liberace! on October 14, 2022, 09:41:08 PMWhen I think back, there have been numerous major events that I learned about first on BG.  I always found it striking how well I could stay updated just by reading this forum.

Yes, this forum has gravitas.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: MV/Liberace! on October 14, 2022, 09:47:30 PMI still come across someone on Twitter using that word from time to time with a straight face.  As if it makes them "learned."  It's always used in the context of politics and nothing else.

Well, I think it takes gravitas to make this statement.

This also gave me the idea for Gravitos, the new gravy based snack. Coming soon to your local grocery store. ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 15, 2022, 02:14:44 AMthe idea for Gravitos, the new gravy based snack. Coming soon to your local grocery store. ;)

if someone had come to me with an idea like this... funding would not have been an issue.

comaphobe

DH Peligro -- Accidental fall and head trauma.

So you've been to school
For a year or two
And you know you've seen it all
In daddy's car
Thinkin' you'll go far
Back east your type don't crawl

Play ethnicky jazz
To parade your snazz
On your five grand stereo
Braggin' that you know
How the niggers feel cold
And the slums got so much soul

It's time to taste what you most fear
Right Guard will not help you here
Brace yourself, my dear
Brace yourself, my dear

It's a holiday in Cambodia
It's tough, kid, but it's life
Don't forget to pack a wife

You're a star-belly sneetch
You suck like a leech
You want everyone to act like you
Kiss ass while you bitch
So you can get rich
But your boss gets richer off you

Well you'll work harder
With a gun in your back
For a bowl of rice a day
Slave for soldiers
'Til you starve
Then your head is skewered on a stake

Now you can go where people are one
Now you can go where they get things done
What you need, my son
What you need, my son

Is a holiday in Cambodia
Where people dress in black
Need a holiday in Cambodia
Where you'll kiss ass or crack

Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot
Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot, Pol Pot

Where you'll do what you're told
A holiday in Cambodia
Where the slums got so much soul

Pol Pot

You cannot view this attachment.

comaphobe

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 29, 2022, 04:06:51 PMToday?

I think so. It was fresh news at about 3pm EST. Then Blabbermouth and Metal Injection both put up death articles.

Drummers often retire first or die first.

That was him singing the intro on MTV Get Off The Air, if you ever had the Frankenchrist album with the Shriners driving go-karts on the cover.

That was also the album in question when Alternative Tentacles was raided by the police because of an HR Giger penis landscape insert. That was actually fallout from the police raid of Fringe Product in Canada which had a sister affiliation with Alternative Tentacles (IE: DOA, DRI, Dayglo Abortions).

All that was the basis for the song Drug Raid At 4am by LARD, which was Ministry with Jello Biafra on vocals.

It sounds like shit like the other live one - but it looks great and that supercedes all.

WOTR

I had started posting a few songs on a "protest playlist" that I would have played during lockdown protests for a year (if I were the kind of person who engaged in civil disobedience...)

On that list was California Über Alles. Of course, I pictured Justine standing in for Brown.  ;)

I will be Fuhrer one day
I will command all of you...
Close your eyes, can't happen here
Big Bro' on white horse is near ...
Come quietly to the camp
You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp
Don't you worry, it's only a shower
For your clothes here's a pretty flower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIqESwzCGg4

comaphobe

Quote from: WOTR on October 30, 2022, 01:01:36 AMI had started posting a few songs on a "protest playlist" that I would have played during lockdown protests for a year (if I were the kind of person who engaged in civil disobedience...)

On that list was California Über Alles. Of course, I pictured Justine standing in for Brown.  ;)

I will be Fuhrer one day
I will command all of you...
Close your eyes, can't happen here
Big Bro' on white horse is near ...
Come quietly to the camp
You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp
Don't you worry, it's only a shower
For your clothes here's a pretty flower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIqESwzCGg4

Nice mash-up video. That Jerry Brown stuff went full circle 30 years after, and the scab DK band published political endorsements around this time.

I suspect that Jello praised Bernie in the last election cycle, just like Chuck D did with his stunning and brave super-mainstream machine licking self. This is when Public Enemy was just Chuck D, no Terminator X or Flav and he was playing beer tents and state fairs.

Ice T had this dysyopian opening track on The Iceberg/Freedom of Speech album with spoken word by Jello.

Solid album and great intro.

comaphobe

Terry Hall | March 1959 - December 2022

You cannot view this attachment.

Hog

Pope Benedict XVI died at 95.  Long live the Pope.

peace
Hog

albrecht

Tom Sizemore, dead at a young age but, apparently, a rough lifestyle.

Laser

Quote from: albrecht on March 04, 2023, 07:06:45 PMTom Sizemore, dead at a young age but, apparently, a rough lifestyle.

Great actor, great loss.