• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts

BobGrau

Quote from: Azzerae on February 09, 2015, 04:49:44 PM
If anybody remembers Ian interviewing "Simon" about the Necronomicon and has a link to it somewhere, please let me know.

I loved that show and I can't seem find it!

I think this was an episode of "coast to coast live", Ian's short-lived saturday evening show from around 2007/2008. I used to have them all on a hard drive but it died on me. Wasn't too concerned at the time, but then Funklbaldy had to remove his online archive and now I fear they might be lost forever.

cweb

Quote from: BobGrau on June 29, 2015, 04:35:56 AM

I think this was an episode of "coast to coast live", Ian's short-lived saturday evening show from around 2007/2008. I used to have them all on a hard drive but it died on me. Wasn't too concerned at the time, but then Funklbaldy had to remove his online archive and now I fear they might be lost forever.
C2C Live, you say? I actually downloaded them all back in the day. Will look through the archives later.

BobGrau

Quote from: cweb on June 29, 2015, 06:52:23 AM
C2C Live, you say? I actually downloaded them all back in the day. Will look through the archives later.

"gasp" Right, the internet needs a Punnett torrent (sorry Paperboy) and a Knapp torrent. I've got most of the Knapp shows up until about a year ago, but I don't have the skillz to start the ball rolling myself. Anyone want to help?

Strange... spellcheck flags punnett but not Knapp.

cweb

Shit. This totally slipped my mind. Will try to check through and see if I can find the "Simon" show in the next few days...

albrecht

Quote from: cweb on July 17, 2015, 07:17:19 AM
Shit. This totally slipped my mind. Will try to check through and see if I can find the "Simon" show in the next few days...
I don't know how the stuff works but the world does need an Ian and Knapp torrent, I guess Knapp is still going so wouldn't complete but definitely an Ian torrent.

cweb

Quote from: EvB on July 28, 2015, 11:21:03 AM
Okay - I'm going to assume you didn't know what this download site does.  BUT I need to warn others not to be as stupid as I.  This comes with a 'wrapper' that holds lots of trojans and spyware. I thought I was being smart by opting out of them all but still things were not quite right.  I deleted the download, and stopped the install, but now AdBlock for Chrome won't work (it was removed during install of this file) and it won't reinstall.  I'm still searching for a solution.  This sucks!

THIS is what my searching brings me to - DAMMIT!
I'm sorry if this gave you issues, but I was able to download the file without problems. There is a small check box ("Download with sendspace accelerator and get recommended offers.") which is pre-checked before you click download. If you uncheck it, the other garbage isn't sent.

All download sites are shady. You have to tread carefully before clicking through things. I refuse to host this on my Google Drive because I don't need any copyright notices.

I'm having trouble deleting the file, so I've reported my own post and asked for the link to be deleted. From now on, if people want this file, they can PM me directly.

EvB

Well - this is obviously a matter of my not paying attention.  sorry for the kefulffal and thanks for your reply.

FYI to others who may wonder about details - this is the PM i just sent to cweb.

QuoteYes - I'm familiar with UMass IT - and worked for the college of computer science there until recently.  You're correct I have no reason to trust you(since I do not know you)  and as I said - it was my fault entirely - as I am far from computer illiterate - even on the 'grey hat' side. And, you are correct I should have noticed the check box myself. 

i do any downloads i pass on from my own server - or from Dropbox.  i foolishly assumed that if there were a problem it would be mentioned in your post, and you assumed we'd be alert and taking care of ourselves - as well we should.

Oh well - stuff happens.

Thanks for your reply.

Ev

BTW - Malware-bytes premium a couple of reboots - uninstalling Chrome clearing all Chrome info and reinstalling fresh then reinstalling AdBlock worked. ( got the premium on a trial basis - but after this i will pay when the trial runs out!  The freebie may work and i have used it before - but i like the flexibility of the premium.)

cweb

Once again, I am sorry for any trouble this has caused. I was hoping the convenience of an external download link would expedite fans getting the content, but I should've checked up on a download site that has developed a reputation for bundling junk.

I'm glad this was resolved without any major disasters. And I totally agree that Malwarebytes is awesome.

Once again, if people want to know how to get the files, they should PM me instead of clicking the sendspace link.

BobGrau

Quote from: EvB on July 28, 2015, 12:41:09 PM
Well - this is obviously a matter of my not paying attention.  sorry for the kefulffal and thanks for your reply.

FYI to others who may wonder about details - this is the PM i just sent to cweb.

BTW - Malware-bytes premium a couple of reboots - uninstalling Chrome clearing all Chrome info and reinstalling fresh then reinstalling AdBlock worked. ( got the premium on a trial basis - but after this i will pay when the trial runs out!  The freebie may work and i have used it before - but i like the flexibility of the premium.)

You forgot to perform your banishing rituals.

EvB

Quote from: albrecht on July 18, 2015, 02:13:58 PM
I don't know how the stuff works but the world does need an Ian and Knapp torrent, I guess Knapp is still going so wouldn't complete but definitely an Ian torrent.

agreed

EvB

Just Me

Glade this amateur wanna be a radio star is long gone.

I hated this guy and refused to waste my time listening to his drivel and lame talk. Now if only they would dump the snoron.

b_dubb

Quote from: Just Me on September 02, 2015, 06:14:39 PM

I hated this guy and refused to waste my time listening to his drivel and lame talk. Now if only they would dump the snoron.
Thanks for sharing.  Let us know if you need a hug.

Quote from: Just Me on September 02, 2015, 06:14:39 PM

You're right of course

rkowna

Quote from: albrecht on July 11, 2014, 11:15:07 AM
Yeah, the Ratline show. A great one.

One of my all time Coast Shows, Ian or not.  I really liked how he smoked out a couple points that sounded sketchy but hung with Peter through the entire show.  Not sure why all the hate for Ian, then I relistened.  I listened to Ian years ago on WGN.  I don't think Coast is his forte.  He was by far the oddest dude on WGN but comparing the Chicago's snoozefest to Coast is a divide by zero.  I hope he is feeling better, I dug him, but I get where some people don't.

paranominal

It looks like Ian may do a podcast in 2016. From Ian's Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/deaconpunnett/status/682768434258522113

Dateline

Quote from: paranominal on January 01, 2016, 12:10:23 AM

That sure makes me happy.  I thoroughly enjoyed all most every show that Ian did on Coast.  I think he is most of the best for informative talk radio, not political or strictly paranormal. 

cweb

Ciardelo

Quote from: paranominal on January 01, 2016, 12:10:23 AM

Ian was always my favorite.  :D

Ian didn't reject it out of hand, I do hope he is doing better with the tinnitus.

I think he got a shitty deal from George and PremRat when he was forced to apologize for that Steve Quail interview when he wouldn't allow Quail to spread his fear mongering and ended the interview.  He wasn't the same afterward, and his quirks became, um, magnified.

I wonder if he were to come back in some form, now that time has passed, he'd be back to the old Ian.

I also wonder if the tinnitus was real, or if so if it was as bad as he said, or whether it was an excuse to leave Coast.  Heh, I do hesitate to bring that up again in the aftermath of the Art Bell situation

HumanBeing

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 01, 2016, 12:16:06 PM
Ian was always my favorite.  :D

Ian didn't do too well when the topic was outside his belief system. I expect that naturally but he didn't hide it very well.

The night back in 2007 (http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2007/08/19) when he kicked Maurice Cotterell off the show because Maurice wanted to finish his statement but got accused of lecturing about something and Ian wanted to ask him something and it appeared like neither were going to budge. So Ian had a little fit and dumped him. Lost a little bit of respect for Ian there because he clearly was being an ass  :P

A few months Less than two months later George had Maurice back on http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2007/10/02

Ciardelo

Quail is a fucking nutjob and Snoory recently duped a perfectly nice Krampus guy because Snoory was feeling grouchy that day. You need to STFU about Ian before I have to call both of you gay.  >:(

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 01, 2016, 01:25:11 PM
Quail is a fucking nutjob and Snoory recently duped a perfectly nice Krampus guy because Snoory was feeling grouchy that day. You need to STFU about Ian before I have to call both of you gay.  >:(

I thought it was great when he dumped Quail, and I liked Ian until he turned into an ass.

What had been quirks, and what I had taken for schtick, became so much worse, and I mark it from around the time of the forced apologies.  Smarmy, know-it-all, always had to have the last word, always had to let us know how smart he was, the bad puns - really bad pencil-in-my-ear puns, unnecessarily and a little too frequently distancing himself from other Christians (we get it Ian, you're not a right-wing bible thumper), and all the rest.

That said, I would certainly give his podcast a listen, and hope for the best.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 01, 2016, 01:25:11 PM

Well I think most will agree that tempermental Ian is a better option than this guy,
;D

Ciardelo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 01, 2016, 01:37:36 PM
I thought it was great when he dumped Quail, and I liked him until he turned into an ass.
;D ;D
Quote from: HumanBeing on January 01, 2016, 01:38:44 PM
Well I think most will agree that tempermental Ian is a better option than this guy,
;D

You ain't kiddin!  ;D

Zetaspeak

It would be great to have Ian back. I really like his personality and take on issues. I very much miss listening to him.

As was so happy when he cut the Quail interview short, the guy is such a hate mongering negative a-hole. It was great that Ian just said "Okay enough of this"