Author The Spaceflight Thread  (Read 10286 times)

The Spaceflight Thread
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2020, 04:03:08 PM »
B&W classic Prada slap a discreet logo on it and send it down the runway

Ha!  I knew it reminded me of something.  I hope the astronauts strutted to the capsule.

The Spaceflight Thread
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2020, 04:06:03 PM »
Mmm...almost there...just a bit more testosterone. How about Tactical Instrument Tote or TITs?
That would be awesome as checklist procedure would include the line "This is Houston, please show your TITs."

The Spaceflight Thread
« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2020, 04:07:02 PM »
Ha!  I knew it reminded me of something.  I hope the astronauts strutted to the capsule.

"This is Houston, work it, work it. You OWN that runway."

The Spaceflight Thread
« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2020, 04:54:36 PM »
B&W classic Prada slap a discreet logo on it and send it down the runway

The shuttle needed a runway. Just saying.

The Spaceflight Thread
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2020, 08:57:01 PM »
Tally ho.  I just saw ISS pass over my house with "Endeavour" about a hands width behind.

peace
Hog

The Spaceflight Thread
« Reply #245 on: May 30, 2020, 09:00:45 PM »
Tally ho.  I just saw ISS pass over my house with "Endeavour" about a hands width behind.

peace
Hog

Nice! Raining here so no visual contact. I canít believe a fucking weed smoker pulled this shit off. Bong hits for Elon I say!

The Spaceflight Thread
« Reply #246 on: May 30, 2020, 11:49:32 PM »

The Spaceflight Thread
« Reply #247 on: May 30, 2020, 11:50:02 PM »

Damn vermin
« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2020, 11:55:59 PM »

Damn vermin
« Reply #249 on: June 01, 2020, 10:44:25 AM »

The jig is up! Just another green screen adventure meant to fool the sheeple.

The Spaceflight Thread
« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2020, 04:50:22 PM »

The Spaceflight Thread
« Reply #251 on: June 14, 2020, 09:24:46 AM »
The nose cones and aft nozzle sections have been at Kennedy Space Center for some time now, but the train carrying 10 Solid Rocket Booster fully loaded with oxidizer and fuel arrived at KSC from Corrine Utah a couple days ago.

https://youtu.be/MdZkPMGmRJw

This video actually gives you a better unedited view.
https://youtu.be/fsafjU3GNl0

Rail consist
2 prime mover/locomotives
1 clearance car- if the extensions on this car touch anything like the edges of a tunnel, the rest of the train wont fit(kinda like a cats whiskers-if the whiskers fit, the cats body can fit)
1 red coloured 12 axle railcar with mass simulating OmegA rocket segment inside)
1 empty boxcar spacer car-these empty cars are placed between each loaded segment cat to space out the
   extremely heavy segment cars.  They help to avoid overloading bridges and the rail ballast itself
1 8 axle SLS/Shuttle segment car
1 empty space boxcar
rinse and repeat 9 times until the last loaded car is another red coloured 12 axle OmegA rocket segment
1 empty spacer boxcar

The Space Shuttle used 2 SRBs which consisted of 4 solid propellant segments, the new Space Launch System rocket will use SRBs made of the exact same steel segments(they've actually flown on shuttle missions before and been recovered) except that each SRB will use 5 segments instead of 4.
The Shuttle 4 segment SRBs were the largest and most powerful rocket engines ever used operationally.  The SLS SRBs are even larger/more powerful.
The 4 segment SRBs developed approx. 2.8 million pounds of thrust and the new SLS SRBs will produce approx. 3.6 million pounds thrust each for approx 7.2 million pounds thrust.  Couple that with the almost 2 million pounds of thrust that the 4 RS-25D Space Shuttle Main Engines makes for approx 9 million pounds of off the pad thrust.
The 4 segment SRBs(Redesigned Solid Rocket Motors-RSRM) were reusable with parachutes, while the 5 segment (Redesigned Solid Rocket Motor-Five/Roman Numeral V for 5 segments) RSRM-V are an asbestos free design, minus the parachutes will be dropped into the ocean in expendable form.
There are enough previously used, though still within spec SRB segments for 8 SLS missions. 10 segments per mission, 80 segments within spec=8 SLS missions. After SLS mission 8, Northrop Grumman, who now owns ATK which was the old Thiokol company, will make expendable 5 segment SRBs made of Wound Carbon Fibre filaments.

This train is carrying 10 loaded segments on the yellow coloured 8 axled rail cars.  These 10 cars are "sandwiched" by 2 segments that are longer and heavier being carried by the red coloured 12 axle railcars at the start and the end of the train.  These segments will comprise the new OmegA rocket set to launch for the first time in 2021.  The 2 OmegA rocket segments are loaded with an inert solid mixture that simulates the mass of real solid propellant.  These 2 segments will be used for handling tests at KSC.  A Mobile Launcher Platform from the Apollo/Shuttle days is being modified for NG launches from Launch Complex 39B. The same LC that SLS will launch from though SLS launches will always take precedence. Though with the low flight rate of 1 launch per year, SLS wont be in the way very much.
Once the SLS segments are stacked, they must be launched within one year.  So stacking will not occur until at least this fall, as SLS/Artemis-1 is now scheduled for November 2021.

OmegA Intermediate will use 2 segments for its first stage(Castor 600) with a single Castor 300 segment as its 2nd stage with a Liquid Hydrogen/Liquid Oxygen(HydroLox) 3rd stage.
OmegA Heavy will use 4 carbon fibre wound segments Castor-1200 as its first stage with the same Castor 300 2nd stage and HydroLox 3rd stage on top.  Northropp Grumman won a 792 million contract to develop the rocket for the US Airforce to provide redundancy for Space Force/AirForce/NRO launches.

OmegA rocket

SLS rocket

Slowly but surely, we're getting there.

peace
Hog