• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Clinton Trump Debates

Started by Laughing Gator, September 23, 2016, 08:48:58 AM

onan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 19, 2016, 11:06:55 PM
Sure he can. If you're in business then your job is to make money. Bottom lines are what matter there. You starve if you don't follow those rules. If you're in politics, your job is to bullshit people. You starve there if you don't. He's now bullshitting people. Makes perfect sense to anyone that's functioned outside of an academic or government career.

Oh, please. I ran my own business for almost a decade, don't lecture me about survival.

Donald Noory

Quote from: onan on October 19, 2016, 11:08:36 PM
Oh, please. I ran my own business for almost a decade, don't lecture me about survival.

Pontificator gonna pontificate.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 19, 2016, 11:02:51 PM
Larry Niven Jr., do you agree with Larry Niven's suggestion for getting rid of illegals? He suggested to start rumors that the government is kidnapping them and harvesting organs from them, in order to get them to leave the country. Tell us Larry Niven Jr. are you on the same page as Larry Niven?

I don't give a fuck about Larry Niven, he hasn't written anything of note since before I was born and even then it was quasi-fantasy bullshit. Counter my points please.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: onan on October 19, 2016, 11:08:36 PM

What was that business?

Uncle Duke

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 19, 2016, 11:07:50 PM
As a business man his job is to make money.

Who was it who said, "The business of business is business."?

Donald Noory

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 19, 2016, 11:09:49 PM
I don't give a fuck about Larry Niven, he hasn't written anything of note since before I was born and even then it was quasi-fantasy bullshit. Counter my points please.

I assume your screeds are "quasi-fantasy" too. You're certainly not smart enough to write hard sf.

onan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 19, 2016, 11:11:24 PM
What was that business?

The glorious business of printing and graphic design.

theONE

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 19, 2016, 11:03:43 PM
And you're where, Mongolia?

I'm International - I have properties all over the World my friend

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: onan on October 19, 2016, 11:12:05 PM
The glorious business of printing and graphic design.

Did the business fail or did you sell it?

Value Of Pi

Quote from: albrecht on October 19, 2016, 11:01:41 PM
Depends.  A tool for a one time job versus something you are going to use a lot? Or in a situation with your, or others, lives dependent? There are times for a on-off situation you buy a Harbor Freight Clinton NAFTA tool.

There's some stuff that's not hardly made here any more, so there are considerations like that. But my buying behavior at this point is to look at where things are manufactured and make the American goods the default choice.

Sometimes, I'll buy used American stuff on eBay rather than new Chinese. It's sometimes cheaper, too, although more and more, other bidders seem to have the same idea.

Donald Noory

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 19, 2016, 11:07:50 PM
As a business man his job is to make money.

When has he hired an illegal alien?

Clinton: Trump "used undocumented labor to build Trump Tower"
REALITY CHECK: Mostly true
As part of a class-action lawsuit against Trump, undocumented Polish workers alleged Trump hired them to help build Trump Tower. Trump has also been accused of using undocumented labor at other properties of his. He has repeatedly denied the allegations. But Trump was sued on the workers' behalf. Trump denied knowing the workers were undcoumented since the hiring was made by a contracting company. Trump eventually settled out of court.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/19/politics/fact-check-presidential-debate/

GravitySucks

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 19, 2016, 11:11:28 PM
Who was it who said, "The business of business is business."?

Don't think I have heard that one.

theONE

GravitySucks

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 19, 2016, 11:15:27 PM
Clinton: Trump "used undocumented labor to build Trump Tower"
REALITY CHECK: Mostly true
As part of a class-action lawsuit against Trump, undocumented Polish workers alleged Trump hired them to help build Trump Tower. Trump has also been accused of using undocumented labor at other properties of his. He has repeatedly denied the allegations. But Trump was sued on the workers' behalf. Trump denied knowing the workers were undcoumented since the hiring was made by a contracting company. Trump eventually settled out of court.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/19/politics/fact-check-presidential-debate/

Wrong. He didn't hire them. A subcontractor did.

Donald Noory

Quote from: theONE on October 19, 2016, 11:12:32 PM
I'm International - I have properties all over the World my friend

Do you fuck yaks? Inquiring minds want to know.

Catsmile

Quote from: onan on October 19, 2016, 11:02:17 PM
Trump can't have it both ways. He can't talk about the loss of jobs to foreign countries and then buy steel from China. He can't talk about the evils of illegal aliens and then hire them to do work.
Quote from: albrecht on October 19, 2016, 11:03:24 PM
Why?

Albrecht doesn't see why. Hes one of those characters. Who doesn't see the hypocrisy of Trumps message, versus his actions. Trump is big on do what I say not what I do.

I suppose in Trumptard world when Trump does all those things hes being a brilliant billionaire. However when anyone else does it they are part of the problem, Making 'Merica Bad. 

This is my 'MERICA!!! I'ma make it gooder again!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGUNPMPrxvA 

Donald Noory

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 19, 2016, 11:16:45 PM
Wrong. He didn't hire them. A subcontractor did.

I'm sure you believe him when he said he didn't know about it.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 19, 2016, 11:04:59 PM
How about Trump ties and suits being made in China?

Take a look at the label on your shirt and tell me where it was made and then tell me how long your mom had to work the corner to pay for it.   

I'm re-watching the debate. Those pro-life statements are going to be the nails in his coffin.

Donald Noory

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 19, 2016, 11:14:40 PM

Why do you take such delight in being an offensive prick?

onan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 19, 2016, 11:14:40 PM
I did what I needed to do to be independent while my kids got through school. I let it fail I guess. I quit taking new jobs and told my customers where they could find other suppliers. I still have a few pieces of pre-press gear, some old macs, I could let you have.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Donald Noory on October 19, 2016, 11:18:02 PM
I'm sure you believe him when he said he didn't know about it.

Ah, that's revealing. You haven't ever worked in an actual upper level business environment have you. You're flipping burgers or something. Am I right?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: onan on October 19, 2016, 11:19:55 PM
I did what I needed to do to be independent while my kids got through school. I let it fail I guess. I quit taking new jobs and told my customers where they could find other suppliers. I still have a few pieces of pre-press gear, some old macs, I could let you have.

You burned out then.

Donald Noory

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 19, 2016, 11:18:35 PM

Take a look at the label on your shirt and tell me where it was made and then tell me how long your mom had to work the corner to pay for it.   

I'm Amish I make all my own clothes.

albrecht

Quote from: onan on October 19, 2016, 11:05:51 PM
Well, I guess he can. I mean he has made so many other, believe me, great decisions.
As the bros say "dont hate the player, hate the game." Doing what you can within the rules and laws to make money is, legal and ok, one could argue moral both ways.. Maybe even more so if a corporation or company where your responsibilities and duty are to shareholders. So, I'm all for, change the rules and laws. But until then I DEMAND any company I have interest in seek profit and divendends etc on our behalf. I'm all for changes to tax-code and regulatory capture but until then? If some illegals or unproductive aspects of the economy gets give-aways and we give so much money to foreign countries? Than I say everybody n companies here take as much legal tax strategies as possible. Heck, maybe lack of funds might stop more wars. Ha. Yah, right.

mikuthing01

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 19, 2016, 11:19:17 PM
I'm re-watching the debate. Those pro-life statements are going to be the nails in his coffin.

It's crazy how many mothers want to kill their children pretty fucked up world we live in desu~

Kidnostad3

Quote from: VoteQuimby on October 19, 2016, 11:19:17 PM

Agree.  He could have modulated it a bit.

onan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 19, 2016, 11:20:46 PM
You burned out then.

Yeah, I did. Mostly, though because I hated every minute of it.