• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

bateman

Great calls so far, still live. 212-364-8717

bateman

Whoever just called, call back, I think you dropped.

Faustina

This show is going down very well.  Excited to think of this to listen to live every Sunday night.

Cruz's appeal goes beyond evangelicals.  He is also appealing to constitutional conservatives.  He took a powder yesterday.  I didn't count on Trump getting much of the evangelical vote but he did.  Kasich and Carson need to drop out or it is almost certain that Trump will be the nominee.  I agree with Bateman that Rubio's support is shallow and his shenanigans on the gang of 8 bill will be exposed by Trump.  There are only 9 days until Super Tuesday.

As for longer lives, I wonder what would happen to programs like Social Security.  Me, I'd like to live a healthy 300 years and then move on.  Also, long lives for ordinary folk presents a looming problem, overpopulation.  Elites won't like it either.

Oh man, bateman, I am so disappointed.  Hillary, really?

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 22, 2016, 12:17:35 AM
Cruz's appeal goes beyond evangelicals.  He is also appealing to constitutional conservatives.  He took a powder yesterday.  I didn't count on Trump getting much of the evangelical vote but he did.  Kasich and Carson need to drop out or it is almost certain that Trump will be the nominee.  I agree with Bateman that Rubio's support is shallow and his shenanigans on the gang of 8 bill will be exposed by Trump.  There are only 9 days until Super Tuesday.

As for longer lives, I wonder what would happen to programs like Social Security.  Me, I'd like to live a healthy 300 years and then move on.  Also, long lives for ordinary folk presents a looming problem, overpopulation.  Elites won't like it either.

I don't know how much more spare memory I have left in the grey matter. At this point in my life, I don't think I would be interested in life extension. If I was 25, I might have a different viewpoint. I am comfortable with a normal life expectancy. We are not guaranteed tomorrow.

starrmtn001

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 22, 2016, 12:17:35 AMAs for longer lives, I wonder what would happen to programs like Social Security.  Me, I'd like to live a healthy 300 years and then move on.  Also, long lives for ordinary folk presents a looming problem, overpopulation.  Elites won't like it either.
But, wouldn't the elites be the only ones who could afford this?  Hence, no ordinary folks, and Social Security would be unnecessary.

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 22, 2016, 12:36:39 AM
I don't know how much more spare memory I have left in the grey matter. At this point in my life, I don't think I would be interested in life extension. If I was 25, I might have a different viewpoint. I am comfortable with a normal life expectancy. We are not guaranteed tomorrow.
+1

bateman

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 22, 2016, 12:35:47 AM
Oh man, bateman, I am so disappointed.  Hillary, really?

I take NO pleasure in that, and I don't think she'll even be the nominee, but I'm so disgusted with all the rest of them. I could live with Clinton 1 advisers in the WH too.

Phone lines are still open for a few more minutes: 212-364-8717

Faustina

Bateman, think about it.  What kind of people do you want on the Supreme Court?

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 22, 2016, 12:47:49 AM
Bateman, think about it.  What kind of people do you want on the Supreme Court?

EXACTLY

Quote from: bateman on February 22, 2016, 12:42:05 AM
I take NO pleasure in that, and I don't think she'll even be the nominee, but I'm so disgusted with all the rest of them. I could live with Clinton 1 advisers in the WH too.

Phone lines are still open for a few more minutes: 212-364-8717

I do understand where you're coming from.  Personally I wish Cruz would temper the religious talk and talk more about constitutional principles.  That is his selling point to me.  I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee but I have no idea what is going to happen when he has his first Trumper tantrum with a foreign country.

Gemstone

I like this Sunday time frame Steve.  Thank you for a very entertaining show!

bateman

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 22, 2016, 12:51:43 AM
I do understand where you're coming from.  Personally I wish Cruz would temper the religious talk and talk more about constitutional principles.  That is his selling point to me.  I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee but I have no idea what is going to happen when he has his first Trumper tantrum with a foreign country.

He also knows his way around the Senate, that's yuuuuge.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 22, 2016, 12:51:43 AM
I will vote for Trump if he is the nominee but I have no idea what is going to happen when he has his first Trumper tantrum with a foreign country.

And I think that'll be a constant issue. Trump is not doing a Trump character, this is the real guy, and I don't expect him to change once he's in office.

Quote from: bateman on February 22, 2016, 12:56:38 AM
He also knows his way around the Senate, that's yuuuuge.

And I think that'll be a constant issue. Trump is not doing a Trump character, this is the real guy, and I don't expect him to change once he's in office.

I love the fact that Cruz is always chiding McConnell and some other senators.

Faustina

Great show!  I love the variety of topics brought up.  I know not everyone likes the political talk, but it is THE pressing issue of the day.  In some ways, there is nothing more important right now.  Our country is in a precarious state and needs someone really solid at the helm.  I don't think Trump is going to serve as that, since he has no idea how to work the political system and would find himself seriously stymied once in the White House.

PrairieGhost

Thanks for listening everyone!

PrairieGhost

No thanks needed. Steve did the work and you guys listened.

Bateman did live calls, wow can't wait to listen!

Did brig or someone record it?