• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Quote from: richard cee on November 12, 2013, 01:27:23 PM
funny how sxm and c2c worked that deal out so quick

If George Noory is to be believed, they were negotiating for months prior to Art Bell leaving Dark Matter. I don't think he's lying about that.

dortmunder

So, how does that ignore thing work again?

Quote from: FightTheFuture on November 12, 2013, 01:31:04 PM

Art came back!

Then he retired again, midway through the first hour.

Dude, you shoulda been there. it was epic.

Then he retired from retiring.  It was weird, too...  :P

In all Siriusness, we learned that Coast to Coast was back on XM, on the same channel that Dark Matter was on.  Then Dave "graced" us with his presence...

Quote from: munbeam666 on November 12, 2013, 01:30:03 PM
Art was originally scheduled on XM from the 7-10 (three hours) slot, which was later quickly expanded to 7-11 (four hours).
Meanwhile C2C, which originally was on XM, was bumped for Art's XM show

No, no... C2CAM wasn't dropped because of Dark Matter, it was a deal expiring this year and they negotiated another one. The time slot is odd but Art seemed to be in favor of a change, so maybe they would have pushed him up an hour so he could continue to do four hours rather than the contracted three. 

shell88

The events happening in the Philippines are truly horrific on a massive scale. They've just been hit by another earthquake that occurred a few hours ago. I'm not sure if Art's relatives are involved with this latest event, but if they have been affected I'm sure his wife is going to want him to get involved in a big way.  All of the Filipinos I know, are worried sick. At least Art has now been made available to provide assistance, should he choose to do so.

indigoo

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 12, 2013, 01:29:22 PM
If he did, I doubt it was anything more than a suspicion. Of course Coast to Coast AM was going to negotiate another deal with SiriusXM with their old one expiring this year, I just didn't expect it to be on Indie 104. That was jarring to hear, "Could it be angels?" after I decided to turn on my satellite receiver to see what was running over night on the channel.

If Dark Matter was still on, I doubt it would have been on 104. They had an opening, and perhaps the public mindshare still had Indie 104 at night as a place for "paranormal radio" - so they decided to throw it in there. It's business and I can't imagine it was all at the expense of Art's royal fuck-up. Art probably preempted Sirius to just move on and accept a new deal with C2C because of his nonsense.

AppealPlay

Quote from: indigoo on November 12, 2013, 01:24:07 PM
I could use a hit of what you're smoking.

I had surgery this morning.  The anesthesia hasn't worn off yet.  I'm going back sleepy time...

kingdomofsigh

Quote from: awguy on November 12, 2013, 08:10:29 AM
Woah, let's not say anything crazy here. Leno is the Noory of TV. He mails it in too. Rosie O'Donnell once told the story of when she was on with Leno years ago and Leno wasn't even paying attention. He was looking down at the cue cards for the next question.

Mailing it in is my point. Ya do so much underhanded maneuvering, then just squat in the empty house with no discernible effort night after night 'til total atrophy sets in...collect paycheck...dumb down audience....collect paycheck....dumb down audience....

juanelo

This is some bullshit..Art is done, there's no chance.

DesertFox

Quote from: AppealPlay on November 12, 2013, 01:23:37 PM
Maybe I would have agreed with you a week ago but the more I've learned about the situation the more I believe from very early in Dark Matter, there had been a concerted effort to make it fail.

Sorry but that is silly non-sense...I love Art but he quit and he left a slot open on channel 104.  The operation THERE was NO different than any other Sirius channel.  It wasn't made worse.

Quote from: shell88 on November 12, 2013, 01:36:02 PM
The events happening in the Philippines are truly horrific on a massive scale. They've just been hit by another earthquake that occurred a few hours ago. I'm not sure if Art's relatives are involved with this latest event, but if they have been affected I'm sure his wife is going to want him to get involved in a big way.  All of the Filipinos I know, are worried sick. At least Art has now been made available to provide assistance, should he choose to do so.

Frightening situation. Art could be doing some good on his show, giving out phone numbers and website addresses for those that wish to donate and help with relief efforts. Travel to the Philippines is not a great idea at this point.

Quote from: AppealPlay on November 12, 2013, 01:37:24 PM
I had surgery this morning.  The anesthesia hasn't worn off yet.  I'm going back sleepy time...

Well we wish you a fast recovery, AP.

Quote from: awguy on November 12, 2013, 08:10:29 AM
Woah, let's not say anything crazy here. Leno is the Noory of TV. He mails it in too. Rosie O'Donnell once told the story of when she was on with Leno years ago and Leno wasn't even paying attention. He was looking down at the cue cards for the next question.

If that cow was on the quest list, I`d mail it in, too! Literally!

shell88

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 12, 2013, 01:39:36 PM
Frightening situation. Art could be doing some good on his show, giving out phone numbers and website addresses for those that wish to donate and help with relief efforts. Travel to the Philippines is not a great idea at this point.
Every radio and tv station here in Canada is already asking for donations.  I don't imagine it is a good time to travel to some parts. I don't think Manilla was affected.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: onan on November 12, 2013, 04:53:12 AM
I don't blame you for being on the radio. I blame you for sucking.

[attachimg=1]

ziznak

So lets assume Art didn't have his issues and Dark Matter was still happening as scheduled.  C2C would end up on another channel on SiriusXM in basically the slot after Art anyway?

IcicleTrepan

Monday's show:

"At the top of the hour I interview a potato, so get ready for that one.'

urbie88

But isn't Georgie worried about the online stream timeouts during his ponderous angel interviews?  What happens if the show times out right when the interview about tumeric gets good?! :o

dortmunder

Quote from: urbie88 on November 12, 2013, 01:48:44 PM
But isn't Georgie worried about the online stream timeouts during his ponderous angel interviews?  What happens if the show times out right when the interview about tumeric gets good?! :o

It won't matter because no one will be listening.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: urbie88 on November 12, 2013, 01:48:44 PM

Gives him an excuse to finish his taxes during the show.

shell88

I know Art Bell is no Bambi, but he is trying to get a show up and running against 2 giant corporate entities- hence the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BXCUBVS4kfQ#t=69

ItsOver

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 12, 2013, 01:29:22 PM
...I just didn't expect it to be on Indie 104. That was jarring to hear, "Could it be angels?" after I decided to turn on my satellite receiver to see what was running over night on the channel.

Hahaha...geesh.  You must have thought you were hearing things at first.  Could it have been a portal?  I'm just glad I read the news here first before I confirmed it by listening to Sirius. 

kingdomofsigh

Quote from: Chine on November 12, 2013, 10:21:39 AM
Indeed. Think I'll put some on now. Maybe some Judas Priest as well. That always gets the adrenaline going too.

The instrumental at the beginning is called "Intruder," I'll dedicate that bit to George...

Van Halen - (Oh) Pretty Woman

ItsOver

Quote from: Philosopher on November 12, 2013, 01:50:20 PM

Gives him an excuse to finish his taxes during the show.

Or post his latest greetings on BellGab. :P

Quote from: ItsOver on November 12, 2013, 01:53:35 PM
Hahaha...geesh.  You must have thought you were hearing things at first.  Could it have been a portal?  I'm just glad I read the news here first before I confirmed it by listening to Sirius.

I almost fell out my chair, haha. C-A-R-N-I-V-O-R-A

ItsOver

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on November 12, 2013, 01:59:39 PM
I almost fell out my chair, haha. C-A-R-N-I-V-O-R-A

"Folks, ish all about that incredible IMMUNE MODULATION!"  ;D

shamrock

Quote from: shell88 on November 12, 2013, 01:51:10 PM
I know Art Bell is no Bambi, but he is trying to get a show up and running against 2 giant corporate entities- hence the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BXCUBVS4kfQ#t=69
[/quote

I am sure somewhere along the line a lot of nay sayers also told David he couldn't take down Goliath. Art, bring your sling shot. Shamrock

DanTSX

If anyone had technical issues streaming Dave's shitty show last night, please post your technical issues in the following thread I started

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5243.0

Please use small trailer park words that Jorch, Tommy and Slieesa can understand.  Don't get too technical.  Leave that for Coz.

dortmunder

Aaaah, finally figured out how to use the ignore list. So much better. Now where were we?

....uh, hello? Where did everybody go?