• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Sean92008

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on May 10, 2018, 08:54:18 AM
I'm really excited about the prospect of a Heather Wade "Legacy" model C. Crane Radio.
A dollar from each sale goes towards Heather's Columbia School of Broadcasting tuition. 

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 10, 2018, 08:55:31 AM
Christ, when I woke up to 20+ pages of posts I knew I missed something.

Yeah same here. Hell, this is way better than anything on Netflix right now.

Heather has the bumper music listed on her site. It's Art's old music.

With all due respect, if she is just doing the same thing she did when she was on DMDN, it is doomed to fail. She had 2+ years to build it doing these same things and it didn't work.

What do they say about insanity? Do the same things over and over but expecting a different result.

Lilith

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 10, 2018, 08:28:30 AM
Me too! LOL. Oh and what idiots, yes I said that because I ran my own show for over 2 years, mind you it wasn't live but it's not that fucking hard to figure out how to do an archive. They are working on an archive...rolls eyes....and why doesn't she ask any number of people for help who actually know how to do this shit? Oh wait that's right she has burned most bridges. Streaming isn't even hard now.

Oh and those suckers are going to pay for Heater Wad to practice radio? OMFG!

I think I saw a facebook post where one of her fans told her they were working on getting the shows from Keiths archive, and would probably be finished, and able to cancel their subscription to Keith by June or something like that.

Also, why would they pay for Heather to practice radio if they already think she's wonderful?  Wouldn't they want her to stay just the way she is?

Sean92008

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 10, 2018, 08:36:09 AM
Oh Carl, you are priceless!
HRATHER

Wasn't there a post on Facebook by Heather, maybe after Art's death, where the Facebook post had "Heather Wade is with Carl...." Since there were so many posts deleted by her trying to hide her crazy, I wasn't able to find it but there is a Carl in her circle of friends.

I find it interesting that a comment was made here on Bell Gab that her site wasn't mobile-friendly, and on his domain, it pops up as a mobile page.  Humm. Why do I think they're using BellGab to improve their product? I thought Saint Heather was the only one who could speak radio... Surely, she knew how to run the whole damn network, let alone her website and her own show.

DynamoHum

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 10, 2018, 09:04:38 AM
Wasn't there a post on Facebook by Heather, maybe after Art's death, where the Facebook post had "Heather Wade is with Carl...." Since there were so many posts deleted by her trying to hide her crazy, I wasn't able to find it but there is a Carl in her circle of friends.

I find it interesting that a comment was made here on Bell Gab that her site wasn't mobile-friendly, and on his domain, it pops up as a mobile page.  Humm. Why do I think they're using BellGab to improve their product? I thought Saint Heather was the only one who could speak radio... Surely, she knew how to run the whole damn network, let alone her website and her own show.

In that case that site definitely needs sparkly mouse trails stat!

cweb

Quote from: brig on May 10, 2018, 09:03:41 AM
I think I saw a facebook post where one of her fans told her they were working on getting the shows from Keiths archive, and would probably be finished, and able to cancel their subscription to Keith by June or something like that.

Heh, but who actually owns the shows? Pretty sure if she doesn't own them, she can't re-distribute them.

Unless it's being done on the "down low."

I'll take Least Hosted Torrents for $500, Alex.

a is jump

looks like Carl is one of Art's ham buddies?

I found his business page, which shows his portfolio of work. Look at this beaut:

http://diamondparkspeedway.com/

cweb

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 10, 2018, 09:04:38 AM

But is he Hot Karl? Or is that just the site?

Sean92008

Quote from: brig on May 10, 2018, 09:03:41 AM

Also, why would they pay for Heather to practice radio if they already think she's wonderful?  Wouldn't they want her to stay just the way she is?

Hold it... Could this be interpreted as an ntention of putting up a Heather Wade archive of shows originally produced  by Rowland Enterprises?

Asking for a friend.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 10, 2018, 09:14:01 AM
Hold it... Could this be interpreted as and intention of putting up a Heather Wade archive of shows originally produced  by Rowland Enterprises?

Asking for a friend.

Wonder if Keith has seen this already? He’s a busy guy. He may not have.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 10, 2018, 06:17:29 AM
I don't see how that theory is any more probable than an advanced extraterrestrial craft crashing but whatever. You seem to think this paranormal enui of yours is shiek or something. I think it's boring and your just playing it intellectually safe.  :D

You're just pissed off that we're not all talking about little people any more, given your 'shortcomings'. I don't know where you get the idea that the ETH is intellectually daring; it's the most banal of all the possible explanations. The 'midgets in tin cans' idea just blocks more interesting avenues of exploration.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 10, 2018, 09:19:37 AM
Oh my my!

http://hamfanz.blogspot.ca/2006/04/pimp.html
This is what made me need a shower. God I don't want to know this stuff happens. Really, I don't.

cweb

ponyboysunset

So it puts Good Dave's joke about mail order brides in perspective, no?

Rhucus

Quote from: cweb on May 10, 2018, 09:24:55 AM
Am I the only one who initially thought "hamfanz" meant chubby chasers?

Not alone

yoursongs

Quote from: dsz on May 10, 2018, 01:44:47 AM
Haha. You have a creative definition of shill. It's nothing against Dave or his style. I've been listening. It's not bad. I was just hoping for something different. And Heather is most certainly different... crazy... fun. She's got the crazy. She occasionally had the fun. My favorite Art line from his first night back... "I'm Art Bell, and we're gonna have fun!" If she can channel that part of Art more... the child like amusement before he got bored again... we're set. And you'll be listening to Heather too. I'll bet you even experienced her interview last week.

One of the many problems with HLW is that she views every show as a PERFORMANCE.  She studies her lines, and tries too hard to follow the script.  She is now either writing new scripts or searching thru Art's old scripts.  I don't think she has any talent of her own, or has an original creative idea of her own.  I don't know what her calling is, but it's not as a public persona.  Just my opinion.

HumanBeing

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 10, 2018, 04:56:21 AM
Isn't it funny, the stupid shit people are complaining about? No offense to the person you just quoted, but the things people are saying on social media..  especially the Heather fans. One woman said she highly doubted DS was even bothering to see what people were saying about the show.  If only she knew.

If you had just took over a beloved man's radio program (whether the fans loved the man, or just his show), you'd have a lot of pressure riding on you. DS is a well seasoned radio host, but still. He came into a situation that was absolutely shitty, with Art dying, Heather acting like a tool, etc..  now he's under a microscope like most of us would never believe.  What does he do? Why did people mostly listen to Art? He's most known for "paranormal", right? And there are so many aspects to that.  So when you book your first week of guests, what do you go for? What the people know and are familiar with? Do a different theme every night? I mean, you're going to "freak people out" regardless.

;D For sure, it was a precarious and risky situation for him to dive into. No one can fill Art's shoes. But Dave, in my view, is quite a few steps up from Heather Wade.

I'm pleased that Keith was able to get such a competent host. It was a big get for Keith. If only he got Tim Dennis to co-host a couple nights  8)
Let's all see where this program is in a year. For sure other shows that air at this time are not pleased, competitively speaking, that Dave Schrader is now the host of MITD.

For example I like Spaced Out Radio (Hi Dave Scott! :))) and his show also airs from 12am-3am EST. So he's got some solid competition now. Usually I just download the guests that I'm interested from SOR's spreaker page  :P
As for C2C, even though they gave Schrader their blessing it still puts him into competition for a couple hours of C2C's air time.

I think that MITD with Dave Schrader will be able to get some accumulate some affiliate stations that will make a decent impact.

Bluejay

Quote from: Scorch on May 10, 2018, 12:54:04 AM
All I think it’s gonna work out.  I like the new Dave.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 10, 2018, 09:22:13 AM
You're just pissed off that we're not all talking about little people any more, given your 'shortcomings'. I don't know where you get the idea that the ETH is intellectually daring; it's the most banal of all the possible explanations. The 'midgets in tin cans' idea just blocks more interesting avenues of exploration.

Really? I think you're the most banal of all explanations. And, if it's so banal and silly why the fervent need to dissuade people on a forum dedicated to such topics from even entertaining the idea?!   ::)

cweb

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 10, 2018, 09:28:18 AM
I'm pleased that Keith was able to get such a competent host. It was a big get for Keith. If only he got Tim Dennis to co-host a couple nights  8)

Dave did mention that a couple of guest hosts were contacted, for times he can't do the show. I believe Tim was mentioned as one of them.

Being the curious sort, I wonder who else is on that list. Howard Hughes, perhaps?

DynamoHum

Quote from: cweb on May 10, 2018, 09:31:03 AM
Dave did mention that a couple of guest hosts were contacted, for times he can't do the show. I believe Tim was mentioned as one of them.

Being the curious sort, I wonder who else is on that list. Howard Hughes, perhaps?

OMFG I thought we had been over this?

NO GUEST HOSTS

Bluejay

Quote from: dsz on May 10, 2018, 01:02:19 AM
I will when Heather beats Dave in listeners, and I'll send you a piece. You better hope she gets back on air soon.

#TeamHeadrWayd
Heather who?