• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

Gd5150

Quote from: Imconfused on December 03, 2013, 12:27:38 PM
miss no more. He's the newest member on BellGabSucks.com

weird

I wonder if he had to sign a non-compete to become a member there. :)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on December 03, 2013, 01:21:37 PM
I wonder if he had to sign a non-compete to become a member there. :)

And promise not to be a stalker?

rgandini

does anyone know how much art is being paid by sirius to honor the non-compete?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: rgandini on December 03, 2013, 02:18:58 PM

In the same way Art Bell knows what your income is?

rgandini

no like the way you know how much an actor is paid for a movie or a TV contract, or how much howard stern gets from sirius, or how much an athlete makes, or how much rush limbaugh's contract is worth and so on dumb ass

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: rgandini on December 03, 2013, 02:25:45 PM
no like the way you know how much an actor is paid for a movie or a TV contract, or how much howard stern gets from sirius, or how much an athlete makes, or how much rush limbaugh's contract is worth and so on dumb ass

Dumbass? You've been here five minutes and you're already being a twat?

You think you know what the others you've named are being paid, and maybe the info is accurate, but it's still not your business is it, asshole?*

*When it comes to insults you're only playing at at it sonny.

Quote from: rgandini on December 03, 2013, 02:18:58 PM

does anyone know how much the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow is?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on December 03, 2013, 02:44:22 PM
does anyone know how much the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow is?

African or European?

rgandini

assuming someone from york could ever be clever, you'd still be a dumb ass.
there's always some clown who wants to be mayor of the site. congratulations

munbeam666

Quote from: Meanandnasty on December 03, 2013, 12:26:52 PM
About the non-compete, ideally you want to handle a matter like this without litigation, but first wisely you should extinguish all avenues before you litigate.  I took the NO answer from the management at Sirius, just one step for a solution.  Next, you go higher or bring in attorneys.  I think it is being negotiated, quietly. . Shhhhhhhhhh!
It might explain why Art has sort of distanced himself from the Dark Matter Network; maybe his lawyers are still in negotiations with XM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: rgandini on December 03, 2013, 02:55:32 PM
assuming someone from york could ever be clever, you'd still be a dumb ass.
there's always some clown who wants to be mayor of the site. congratulations

cute.. ;D

maureen

;D "now is the winter of our discontent made glorious by the son of York.." ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: maureen on December 03, 2013, 03:38:18 PM
;D "now is the winter of our discontent made glorious by the son of York.." ;)

Dick the turd? Bill Shakespeare? Or was it Jim Callaghan, 1970 something?

tastycanadian

i dunno what this is on the Dark Matter Network....but its so baaaaaaaad...guy compared himself to hitler, says animals love oil pipelines, and global warming is a myth....

maureen

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 03, 2013, 03:55:04 PM

Richard III

maureen

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 03, 2013, 03:55:04 PM

lol  ;D ... sorry I'm slow today...Dick the turd is brilliant!!!

McPhallus

Quote from: guildnavigator on December 02, 2013, 07:53:05 PM
this is true.

Hey didn't you used to be a banana? (edit: I mean your avatar)

No, that was nefariousbanana.

McPhallus

NC discussions in this thread are so last month.  Just sayin'.  :D

Quote from: HumanBeing on December 03, 2013, 08:52:01 AM

I guess I would not know if Art would receive compensation for a podcast. That is entirely opposite of my proposed premise the podcast would be based upon.

My point was Art creating a podcast where there is zero commercials, zero sponsors and the audio file released via a website/server where there is no banner ads.
It would be just Art talking about some subject or Art talking with a guest.

Like I said, I have zero idea what sort of NC clause Art signed or the legality. It may contain some loophole to actually do a podcast in the form I mentioned where it does not directly compete with any live radio shows because Art is not doing a show live at all. It is prerecorded released at a later date. Also Art would not exactly be 'working' in the sense that he would not receive any remuneration. This would be labelled as a hobby of sorts. No money would exchange hands for any services.

I may be pissing in the wind here. Other than the point that maybe some guests who talk with Art may be closely scheduled to appear on other radio shows and therefore this act is deemed as competing or interference, I do not know.

I do not agree at all with how Art handled this matter. That's my opinion. He can spin it however he wants. He is the one who screwed this up. Lack or foresight or just lack of sight in general. From what I remember he said he didn't even have any lawyers read over the contract, he did it all himself  ???
So instead of giving up entirely because he can not get what he wants specifically until 21 months from now, why not try to scale back his goals and try seeing if a podcast in a very stripped down raw form would be ok legally.

Imconfused

Quote from: McPhallus on December 03, 2013, 05:44:16 PM
No, that was nefariousbanana.

wow,  I think you're right.  It's sad that all the good members are leaving us.  I see it every day.  There's less and less people here. 

LW

At bellgab sucks Sarah wants to know what annoys me, so I will tell you.

Delusional princesses that have no connection to the real world and yet believe they can criticize others and tell them how they should behave. They believe that their opinion and their happiness is the only thing that matters. I see these princesses everyday and they are becoming greater in number. And not to leave the men out, if you are a princess (and there are many of them) wear a skirt so we can avoid you.

Sarah just because you can create a forum and build a fantasy world that you are in control of and can shape it and others that way you feel doesn't make it the real world.

delusional control freaks sum up everything that is wrong with this world.

NXOEED

Quote from: Imconfused on December 03, 2013, 05:55:19 PM
wow,  I think you're right.  It's sad that all the good members are leaving us.  I see it every day.  There's less and less people here.

One of 'em (dude who referred me to this place) turned out to be not so good and will probably never see the light of day again.

mattjs2732

Quote from: McPhallus on December 03, 2013, 05:52:34 PM
NC discussions in this thread are so last month.  Just sayin'.  :D

It seems like it has been forever since we've heard Art...and its only been a month??

MikeJ

Quote from: tastycanadian on December 03, 2013, 04:22:06 PM
i dunno what this is on the Dark Matter Network....but its so baaaaaaaad...guy compared himself to hitler, says animals love oil pipelines, and global warming is a myth....

Are you sure you're not streaming Fox News by mistake?

Checked out the Bellgabsucks forum. Holy shit! Even the very structure of the forum is an exercise in narcissism. Come talk to ME! Live chat with ME! Meet ME! Post about ME! Read a blog about ME! Bellgabsucks by ME! Dave wrote to ME and agreed to post here because *I* don't like those despicable meanies at the other forum.

Something isn't right there.

Quote from: LW on December 03, 2013, 05:58:49 PM
At bellgab sucks Sarah wants to know what annoys me, so I will tell you.

Delusional princesses that have no connection to the real world and yet believe they can criticize others and tell them how they should behave. They believe that their opinion and their happiness is the only thing that matters. I see these princesses everyday and they are becoming greater in number. And not to leave the men out, if you are a princess (and there are many of them) wear a skirt so we can avoid you.

Sarah just because you can create a forum and build a fantasy world that you are in control of and can shape it and others that way you feel doesn't make it the real world.

delusional control freaks sum up everything that is wrong with this world.

I think you're right. She went postal when others dared disagree with her. Rather than just acknowledging others may think differently, or that - gasp - she might be wrong, she started accusing others of sexism and questioning their supposed dark motives.

LW

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson 3 on December 03, 2013, 06:11:02 PM
I think you're right. She went postal when others dared disagree with her. Rather than just acknowledging others may think differently, or that - gasp - she might be wrong, she started accusing others of sexism and questioning their supposed dark motives.

You can always spot the ones with mental issues.

Keith sent me this about spec sheet being off network

Please ask MV to read his email, or voice mail or Text messages and we'll get it back on.

IcicleTrepan

I was wondering where it was!

Falkie2013

Quote from: LW on December 03, 2013, 06:19:29 PM
You can always spot the ones with mental issues.

These guys think they can too.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/study-says-facebook-can-tell-youre-psychopath/

" Maybe hold off before you post your next Facebook update: Researchers say they can determine whether you have psychopathic personality traits based on Facebook statuses.

Members of the research team from Sahlgrenska Academy in Gothenburg and Lund University published their findings as “The dark side of Facebook: Semantic representations of status updates predict the Dark Triad of personality.” The “Dark Triad of personality” kind of sounds like a group of villains from a young adult fantasy novel, but it’s a group of three personality tests that can indicate narcissism, Machiavellianism, and psychopathy. ... "

onan

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 03, 2013, 08:08:22 PM
These guys think they can too.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/study-says-facebook-can-tell-youre-psychopath/

" Maybe hold off before you post your next Facebook update: Researchers say they can determine whether you have psychopathic personality traits based on Facebook statuses.

Members of the research team from Sahlgrenska Academy in Gothenburg and Lund University published their findings as “The dark side of Facebook: Semantic representations of status updates predict the Dark Triad of personality.” The “Dark Triad of personality” kind of sounds like a group of villains from a young adult fantasy novel, but it’s a group of three personality tests that can indicate narcissism, Machiavellianism, and psychopathy. ... "

This is another among many reports that get it wrong. but not wrong because of data but because it is so short sighted. In a clinical setting with appropriate testing a great deal can be learned about a person or more to the point their personality, if you can really divide those terms. I have to concede my understanding of facebook is quite limited. So, maybe I am unable to have a full understanding. Most of us have some "dark" tendencies. And since the internet is another layer of separation from actual interaction, civility often takes a back seat. To make the case that cluster b type personalities can be more readily ascertained, seems more like a boardroom selling point than anything therapeutic. To add, using facebook to communicate is a character flaw in and of itself.