• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150825 - Peter Robbins - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 25, 2015, 09:45:41 PM

Chronaut

This wasn’t Art’s fault, at all.  He kept trying, with increasing intensity, to get Peter to talk about something else.  But the guy just kept circling back to his issues with the other people involved.  He couldn’t be prodded to actually talk about the events at Rendlesham â€" the Actual topic of the show (or what Should’ve been the topic of this show).

ShayP

Quote from: Chronaut on August 26, 2015, 01:12:46 AM
This wasn’t Art’s fault, at all.  He kept trying, with increasing intensity, to get Peter to talk about something else.  But the guy just kept circling back to his issues with the other people involved.  He couldn’t be prodded to actually talk about the events at Rendlesham â€" the Actual topic of the show (or what Should’ve been the topic of this show).

Exactly.  8)

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on August 26, 2015, 01:08:36 AM
Peter set up the bitch fest with his build up to it. He made it sound like he had breaking news and had been writing furiously and had a lot of important things to say. Naturally, Art asks to hear the details or rather 'points of contention' that Peter has been leading up to and the rest is history.....

Peter chose the wrong forum to 'chicken fight' and paid dearly for it. IMO, Art should have just let it go and moved on with the details of the case. I can understand why Art would be irritated, but that was just flat out brutal and probably crossed the line.

But this isn't anything new, I commented before the interview actually started he was going to trash Pope because he's been doing it for at least over a year.  Samething with with his rants against Col Halt.  Go back and listen to his interview with Jimmy Church in the spring of 2014, he was doing the same thing then.  Church stopped it immediately by the way.  He does the same thing on the shows he does regularly on KGRA.

Spinner

Quote from: The Coincidence Kid on August 26, 2015, 12:57:49 AM
Don't know why Art didn't nip that stuff in the bud the moment it came up. It's his show.
Art told Robbins to go ahead and get into the controversy. Then, when he didn't understand what was being said, he got upset with Robbins.  ::)

Chronaut

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 26, 2015, 01:16:50 AM
Go back and listen to his interview with Jimmy Church in the spring of 2014, he was doing the same thing then.  Church stopped it immediately by the way.
I'll have to hear that.  Was Church able to get him to talk about the actual sightings, rather than the post-event politics?

ArJuna

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on August 26, 2015, 12:49:14 AM
Better put a suicide watch on peter.

I was thinking the same thing.  I was starting to feel really bad for him.  I've met him at least twice, he really is a very nice guy.

Keep your head up Peter.

Bonanza Pilot

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 26, 2015, 01:16:50 AM
But this isn't anything new, I commented before the interview actually started he was going to trash Pope because he's been doing it for at least over a year.  Samething with with his rants against Col Halt.  Go back and listen to his interview with Jimmy Church in the spring of 2014, he was doing the same thing then.  Church stopped it immediately by the way.  He does the same thing on the shows he does regularly on KGRA.

I wasn't aware of that. Hopefully the thrashing he took tonight taught him a lesson because from what you said he sounds like a douche that needs to get the hell over it.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 26, 2015, 01:11:11 AM
Except, I didn't hear a story tonight. I heard some guy complaining another guy was complaining about him. Maybe I am an idiot and that was the story?

*laughs*  I was using Spinner's words to describe a potential future show.

Chronaut

Quote from: Spinner on August 26, 2015, 01:17:29 AM

Art told Robbins to go ahead and get into the controversy.
Art doesn't seem to know the case at all.  I think he assumed that the controversy would circle back to the interesting substance of the incident - there's no way to know until you hear what the controversy is about.

Spinner

Quote from: flimflam384 on August 26, 2015, 01:00:17 AM
When Art hammered him it seemed to me the point was that when you're on Art's show, you leave the trash talking for the commercial break when the mic is off.  I was totally alright with it.
Art asked him to expose the "dirty laundry"!

Quote from: ArJuna on August 26, 2015, 01:19:36 AM
I was thinking the same thing.  I was starting to feel really bad for him.  I've met him at least twice, he really is a very nice guy.

Keep your head up Peter.

I have to admit it crossed my mind as well.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Chronaut on August 26, 2015, 01:18:58 AM
I'll have to hear that.  Was Church able to get him to talk about the actual sightings, rather than the post-event politics?

Yes.  Church did three shows within a one month period on Rendlesham, some of the best UFO radio shows I've ever heard.  I'll get the dates and post them tomorrow, I'm pretty sure the shows are on You Tube.

Quote from: Chronaut on August 26, 2015, 01:20:58 AM
Art doesn't seem to know the case at all.  I think he assumed that the controversy would circle back to the interesting substance of the incident - there's no way to know until you hear what the controversy is about.

I think Art knows the basics of Rendelsham and he thought that was what Robbins was there to talk about.  I doubt he knew anything of the bickering between the two sides and felt that Robbins was using his show for a personal platform rather than talking about the basic facts.

Well it was obvious from the moment Robbins said he had a beef that it was going to be a one-sided call out session because he was the only guy on the show, so if that was Art's main beef, he probably should have known better.

That said, I totally don't care and it's one night out what will hopefully be many. Mega Roswells, Rush.

zeebo

Quote from: Spinner on August 26, 2015, 01:21:43 AM

Art asked him to expose the "dirty laundry"!

Seemed to me the biggest problem was the guest described his grievance from the point of view of someone inside the bubble of that particular world.  I honestly had no clue what he was going on about, he seemed to give no broad context.  Maybe that's why Art reacted like that?  I dunno.  I still found it a lively show, if for all the wrong reasons.

Chronaut

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 26, 2015, 01:24:04 AM
Yes.  Church did three shows within a one month period on Rendlesham, some of the best UFO radio shows I've ever heard.  I'll get the dates and post them tomorrow, I'm pretty sure the shows are on You Tube.
What a great tip, thank you Uncle Duke ;  I've always loved this case - it may be my favorite ufo case of all time.  Looking forward to hearing some more in-depth discussion about it from the primaries =)

boxman

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 26, 2015, 12:56:58 AM
What the heck just happened? Art immediately jumps off? Some drama is going on.
I am worried as well.... Even with such a guest he would normally not be this cranky, so seems like there might be something else going on. :\

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Chronaut on August 26, 2015, 01:20:58 AM

That's a fair point.  I commented early on I was stunned Art didn't know about the binary code bit, and later he seemed surprised to hear the sightings occurred over a three night period.  Art was not prepared to discuss Rendlesham tonight, Robbins actually did him a favor spinning off into Loonville. 

norland2424

Quote from: boxman on August 26, 2015, 01:26:55 AM
I am worried as well.... Even with such a guest he would normally not be this cranky, so seems like there might be something else going on. :\

it could just be his age too

coaster

Quote from: boxman on August 26, 2015, 01:26:55 AM
Why assume something is going on? Seems pretty obvious Art was frustrated with the guest, so he said screw it. I don't blame him. It was a trainwreck.

Chronaut

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on August 26, 2015, 01:25:04 AM
I think Art knows the basics of Rendelsham and he thought that was what Robbins was there to talk about.  I doubt he knew anything of the bickering between the two sides and felt that Robbins was using his show for a personal platform rather than talking about the basic facts.
I never got a sense that Art's familiar with the case - I hope you're right.  But when an author on the subject says "well to answer that question we'll have to get into some controversial subject matter," it's natural to assume that the controversy will be interesting and pertinent, not some fairly pointless nit-picking.  Once he figured out that it was going nowhere, Art tried to steer him away from it.  But Peter Just Wouldn't Stop talking about it.  Clearly Peter's way too close to it - after 30 years of involvement, he can't see the forest through the trees.

boxman

Quote from: coaster on August 26, 2015, 01:30:05 AM
Why assume something is going on? Seems pretty obvious Art was frustrated with the guest, so he said screw it. I don't blame him. It was a trainwreck.
Because of past history. Like for example during Sirius drama you could hear him get more and more cranky with each show and I have started to notice the same trend lately.
This is just speculation.. But personally I think it could be related to his decision yesterday when it comes to commericial radio stations.
Even though he wont admit it, I really do believe he wants more affiliates.

I do hope I am wrong though and that it is really nothing.

zeebo

Quote from: boxman on August 26, 2015, 01:38:52 AM
Because of past history. Like for example during Sirius drama you could hear him get more and more cranky with each show and I have started to notice the same trend lately.....

Could be, but my vibe is he's just gotten a bit more honed in over time - i.e. he knows when it's good and he gets real passionate about it, but he also knows when it's spiraling down and he gets impatient with it.  You can pick this up with guests and also callers.  I think we're ok.  For the most part he seems to be having a good time with the show.

Chronaut

Uncle Duke â€" I found several Jimmy Church interviews about the incident â€" he’s really covered this subject thoroughly…sweet…

Jimmy Church interviews Col. Halt and James Burroughs about the Rendlesham Forest Incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYJRyTb_924

Jimmy Church interviews Peter Robbins and Richard Dolan about the Rendlesham Forest Incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTrxBxAPnD0

Jimmy Church interviews Peter Robbins and Larry Warren about the Rendlesham Forest Incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSmiBCJhcWI

Jimmy Church interviews Peter Robbins about the Rendlesham Forest Incident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGyewo7qsQ0

Art Bell

Of course I know about the case but every time I tried to take him back to THE CASE, he came right back to the bashing and I was not going to allow it as a one sided bash party. When he said he had something important but not pretty I thought he WAS talking about the case. If you come on a Radio show with only a agenda of bashing somebody else, it better not be my show.

Art

Chronaut

Quote from: Art Bell on August 26, 2015, 01:43:03 AM
Of course I know about the case but every time I tried to take him back to THE CASE, he came right back to the bashing and I was not going to allow it as a one sided bash party. When he said he had something important but not pretty I thought he WAS talking about the case. If you come on a Radio show with only a agenda of bashing somebody else, it better not be my show.

Art
You made a valiant effort to get him on to other material - I'm sorry the guy didn't know how to take a hint, a slap, or ultimately a few solid slams from the audience...

Art

Well said.  We back you 100%.  I have always have thought that Col. Halt and Nick Pope were good folks and I am not sure as to why Robbins has taken out a vendetta on them.

ShayP

Art

Cheers Art!

Kevin Sorbo

Art

Thanks for the post Art, I'm sure you were frustrated with that.