• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150825 - Peter Robbins - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 25, 2015, 09:45:41 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on August 26, 2015, 06:35:28 PM
Actually, it was good radio. When Art initiated the Aztec human sacrifice, all was good . . . .

I'm only about an hour in to the podcast...

albrecht

Quote from: MV on August 26, 2015, 06:53:51 PM
Oh...haha. It gets better, or worse, depending on one's view.

Auslandia

Wow, the change of direction was unexpected.  What a dumb move.  He's bitching about a presentation that virtually nobody knows about.  What a bitch lol

Faustina

The part where Art reads all the wormhole messages of listeners complaining about Peter was great.  Other people felt it was mean; I felt that it was called for.  Reality check for a guest who should NOT have used Art's show to vent a personal problem.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: Faustina on August 26, 2015, 07:19:43 PM
The part where Art reads all the wormhole messages of listeners complaining about Peter was great.  Other people felt it was mean; I felt that it was called for.  Reality check for a guest who should NOT have used Art's show to vent a personal problem.
I agree.

Auslandia

Haven't gotten there yet but Art seems angry.  I would be too.  Having a guest blindside you is irritating.

Herbn-Legend

Wel i loved the show. Ive never bin so confuzed an frustrated by a guest, made me laf all the way 2 the end🙌🙌🙌 i woudnt want him to return but im over the UFO b.s. letz explore the mind ART. Start a forward step towardz HYPERSPACE the human neocortex iz the most advanced thing known to exzist. Ther are so many incredible anglez to explore wen wer talkn about the brain. Letz stick to watz real az a community, provable not just hopeful. I hope alienz save us also but i kno my public bus iz a better bet. Savin the planet iz more memorable az a society IF WE JUST DO IT. No more nike itz EARTH! JUST DO IT!😎🍄😎

the_peeve

Yeah, the point where he tells Art this is the night of grievances and he has lots of ammo, I was thinking that's an unhealthy mind at work. I think at that point Art began to formulate a way out of the mess. Art gave him the choice to do so, but instead of it being informative (because mudslinging can be informative and entertaining),  he spun his wheels with no traction.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 26, 2015, 12:45:40 AM
These UFO conventions or whatever these dudes call each other at sound like intense events.

Two men enter. One man leaves.

kennedymaure

Speaking of podcasts, I am a Time Traveler and cannot get the podcast to work. Any suggestions? I need it for my android. Yelling for help for an android device!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: MV on August 26, 2015, 06:31:03 PM
Nobody died. There's always tomorrow night. Not every show can be a classic moment.

Thank god you're back, Art.

Roswells... And and I actually  enjoyed last night's program. Details over on Art's thread.

bateman

Hahahaha, just hearing Jocko's wormhole message now. These are rough. But completely warranted.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: bateman on August 26, 2015, 07:53:38 PM
Hahahaha, just hearing Jocko's wormhole message now. These are rough. But completely warranted.
Yes. I agree. And, much needed . . . .

b_dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 26, 2015, 05:06:56 AM
I think the problem with ufology researchers is that they hit a brick wall after a while and end up bitterly defending their ideas against all comers without engaging in any real dialogue or trying  to learn anything new. They reach a stage where they think they know it all and everyone else is a prick and a hater, even if they ask innocent questions. If this rumpus came out of Rendlesham then I guess it is probably because it sounds so evidently like bullshit and part of a test to assess soldiers rather than some alien landing.
I agree. UFO "researchers" resemble TV evangelists more closely than scientists. It's ridiculous. The few people who have done real research are made to look like fools by association. There is no disinformation campaign other than the one the UFO researchers are running.

JamesMcDonald

Art, you handled the situation very well.

I'm very knowledgeable of this case and the many characters involved.  I think Peter is a very smart guy, but he gets stuck on the inner battles far too often.  Left at East Gate is a must read for anyone who really wants to know this case.  Peter wrote that with Larry Warren and everyone knows Larry's a hot head.  He's also very tough and smart and he's got balls.  Larry is really the first person to really blow this case open to the public.  Having said that, maybe some of Larry's combative attitude has rubbed off on Peter over the years.  In fact, I'd bet the farm that's what we're seeing here.

Peter would be much better off to just make a simple and very brief statement in re to those around him that he doesn't trust.  To those of us who know this case really well there's nothing new here.  The divisions have been there since the beginning.  In fact, all kinds of changes have taken place over the years where some of the witnesses who were friends in the beginning are now fighting with each other and the reverse is also true.  It's a mess.

So yeah, my advice to Peter is simple.  STAY AWAY FROM THE LONG AND LAWYER-LIKE argumentation about "he said, she said" this and that, the dirty back-stabbing, the getting "shut out" of conferences etc.  Just forget about it.  Make your simple and firm and succinct statements about who you trust and who you don't then move on to discussing ONLY facts about the case.  Nothing but facts.

I find it interesting that Peter made the comment at the very end of the interview about "personal attacks" against him when in fact he was making personal attacks almost the entire interview!  Yikes man, pot calling the kettle black much?  And maybe some of those people are TRYING to illicit those kinds of reactions from him.  So Peter, why would you give them the time of day?  Isn't the wise thing to take the high road and don't give them the satisfaction of a long and lengthy response?  Like the expression goes, "Don't Feed The Trolls".  That concept is applicable in the meatspace just as much (if not more!) than in cyberspace.

Anyway, much learning going on here.  Crazy times.  But it's important that the smart people - and like I say, I think Peter's one of the smart ones - stick to the facts and stay away from the long and tiring attacks against others in the field, save for the instances when they are debating head on with those individuals.

Paul & Ben Eno did some amazing interviews with many of the Rendlesham witnesses.  You've got Penniston and Burroughs, Pope, Larry Warren, Peter Robbins, LMH, all kinds of interesting stuff for those who are interested in hearing more.

http://www.behindtheparanormal.com/specialshows/rendlesham.html

Stop the bickering.  Remain calm.  Thimk.   ;D

Sean92008

Dean Radin was dry and lacking dynamics that made the listening experience boring.

Peter Robbins was robotic in a "play the program" kind of way.  Listening to Art masterfully give him enough rope while trying to bring him back to the topic was much more like watching a train wreck. 

In the world of music, bad press is better than no press.  In the world of Ufology, bad press is a magnet for the "they hate him, he must be right" crowd.  Insanity rules that type of crowd and maybe, just maybe, Peter Robbins knew he was going to lose the serious believers with his new direction (like Spinal Tap, Phase II) so he was going to implode in a public forum.  Martyring himself, in a way.

I just hope Art NEVER has this joker back OR has him for a caller-driven night of berating  :P

Bradsmith313

Some shows are like that.

I like Anthony Bourdain. He still laments his show shot in Romania but I think it's his best. You take something going sideways and turn it around -- it works itself out. That's what Art did last night.

Quote from: kennedymaure on August 26, 2015, 07:50:59 PM
Speaking of podcasts, I am a Time Traveler and cannot get the podcast to work. Any suggestions? I need it for my android. Yelling for help for an android device!

What app do you use? I recommend Beyond Pod. Enter the url, go to the advanced field and enter your username and password and BOOM, Art Bell goodness.

Quick Karl

That was pure vindictiveness. Art should be WAY above that.

Bradsmith313

Quote from: MV on August 26, 2015, 09:22:36 PM
I disagree.
Copy that.

It had to be done. Robbins wasted Art's time and ours. Rendlesham is a very important case and for Robbins to, instead, focus on a personal row -- it's a disservice all the way around.

bateman

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on August 26, 2015, 09:32:11 PM
Copy that.

It had to be done. Robbins wasted Art's time and ours. Rendlesham is a very important case and for Robbins to, instead, focus on a personal row -- it's a disservice all the way around.

Completely agree. The ratio of blather about which UFO dude said what to actual Rendlesham info was something like 5:1.

"On page 47 of my book..."

bstuart

I'm glad Art read a few of the wormhole messages. A little dose of reality is just the thing Robbins needed. Saying that it was "vindictive" is blowing it way out of proportion.

Bradsmith313

Frustrating. I was so looking forward to hearing more things about case but noooooooo . . . .

Bradsmith313

Quote from: bstuart on August 26, 2015, 09:48:44 PM
I'm glad Art read a few of the wormhole messages. A little dose of reality is just the thing Robbins needed. Saying that it was "vindictive" is blowing it way out of proportion.
Vindictive. That would have been Mr. Robbins . . . .

aldousburbank

Just listened to the podcast. Robbins sounds like a precious wanker.

WOTR

Quote from: Quick Karl on August 26, 2015, 09:19:47 PM
That was pure vindictiveness. Art should be WAY above that.
I thought that as a nation, we now respect people who have no time for political correctness or coddling people?  This was just one way of saying "your fired!"

***joking, I thought that it was fine for Art to let the guest know that people are really upset with the direction the show was going...

Scully

I skipped first hour Celente.  Didn't need to listen to know that the sky would be falling.  Wondered if Art doesn't know that Celente and Noory are regular buddies.  Nuf said about that.

I listened in fascination to the entire 2 hours with Robbins, just to observe the master at work handling the guest of the evening, no matter what the species.  As others have said, the best part was when Art let anonymous voices from the internet do the actual smack down on him. 

the_peeve

Art needed to nip that crap in the bud. Bringing up wormholes and callers was the right thing to do. If this means there will not be another guest abuse the show's time, the better we all are.