• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, September 26, 2008, 04:58:26 PM

pate

Now watching "A Year of the Quiet Sun"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088009/combined

Looks pretty good so far...

Another Amazon Prime gem...

paladin1991

Streets of Fire

I still enjoy this flick after 30 years.  Have had the soundtrack for nearly 20 years.  My daughter has grown up listening to the music and finally saw the movie.  She is now a fan.

"Buy some soap!"

b_dubb

When the last light walks the rocks and the rattle snakes unfold,
Mountain cats will come to drag away your bones

Far From Any Road

Old science fiction all day on TCM today!! 

I miss the robotic, running commentary....    ::)

Albemuth

Quote from: Treading Water on May 14, 2015, 10:05:20 AM
Old science fiction all day on TCM today!! 

I miss the robotic, running commentary....    ::)

I liked TCM but I got tired of paying the criminals at my local cable company for all the crappy content on their other channels. I just discovered this morning that METV (antenna /over-the-air) is showing Chicago’s Svengoolie on Saturday nights. Sounds like good retro fun. Been missing the old horror movie hosts lately.

http://svengoolie.com/

onan

Blackhat, directed by Michael Mann. If your waiting for a delivery, it's not a bad 90 minutes.

Lunger

"Castaway on the Moon"

Korean with subtitles.

Excellent movie.

paladin1991

Have been binging off and on at Decades TV.  Dark Shadows.  One of my first TV memories.  My mom used to watch it. 
Not sure of when this DS will run it's course.  The Twighlight Zone is next up. 

Looks like they go fm series to series in their entirety.

paladin1991

Watched Lone Survivor last night.  Son bought me a copy for my b-day.  He enjoyed it more than I did.  Another epic night of 'Dad! Is that what happened?  Is that what it was like?  What kind of rocket was that?  Do they really.....' 

It was a good movie about brotherhood, human endurance, the human spirit, etc.  It was also good to see how plans go to shit, nobody understands it unless they were there.  Wahlburg did a good job showing the batshit crazy of fear when it takes control.

Also like how the movie depicted the radio comms going to shit. Happens all the time.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 15, 2015, 09:48:46 AM
Watched Lone Survivor last night.  Son bought me a copy for my b-day.  [/i]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I'll put it on my list.

pyewacket

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 15, 2015, 09:48:46 AM
Watched Lone Survivor last night.  Son bought me a copy for my b-day.  He enjoyed it more than I did.  Another epic night of 'Dad! Is that what happened?  Is that what it was like?  What kind of rocket was that?  Do they really.....' 

It was a good movie about brotherhood, human endurance, the human spirit, etc.  It was also good to see how plans go to shit, nobody understands it unless they were there.  Wahlburg did a good job showing the batshit crazy of fear when it takes control.

Also like how the movie depicted the radio comms going to shit. Happens all the time.

A Jubilant Nameday to you, Good Sir!  ;)

We thought Lone Survivor was very well done and an excellent performance by Wahlburg.

Too many people have no clue how difficult a job a tour of duty can be.

Thank you for your service.

Bat 21. On Encore west coast feed right now. Danny Glover. Gene Hackman. LOVE this movie.

paladin1991

Thanks guise, for the shout out. 

Duty and Service.  A privilege and an honor. 

3OctaveFart

School of Rock. My nieces can't get enough of it.
Far from the worst in its phylum.

chinaclipper

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 15, 2015, 06:01:15 PM

my hero!

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 15, 2015, 06:01:15 PM

Happy birthday Paladin. Stay safe out there.

albrecht

"3 Godfathers" dvred from TCM. Great movie. And back story of movie itself (remake, of now lost film, by same great director and casting son of Harry Carey etc.) And technicolor.

pyewacket

The Good Lie- fact based drama about "the lost boys" Sudanese refugees who win a lottery to live in the US.

Good movie- it's hard to imagine having to live through something like that.

analog kid

Quote from: b_dubb on May 17, 2015, 05:35:11 PM
Mad Max: Fury Road. Epic.

I don't recall ever hearing this much glowing reviews by moviegoers in my adult life. People are loving it and it sounds great.

And it was steamrolled by the cinematic achievement that is Pitch Perfect 2.

If I read it right, it took them almost half a year to film one scene in Fury Road. Pitch Perfect 2 is apparently about someone getting in trouble for accidentally cursing in front of the president.

zeebo

Cypher (2002)

Good little movie about corporate espionage. 

Tomorrow, When the War Began. Based on the best-selling teenage fiction book series by John Marsden.

Australian version of Red Dawn. Decent enough action movie.  8)

I finally got around to seeing "Avengers:  Age of Ultron" yesterday, and it was incredible.  Although I've never seen the Ed Norton "Hulk" movie, I've liked the rest of the related films (Iron Man 1, 2, 3 / Thor 1, 2 / Captain America 1, 2 / Avengers) enough that I own all of the Blu-rays, and I think that this one was the best of them.  I'm looking forward to "Captain America: Civil War" and "Thor: Ragnarok" in the next couple of years, and it said "The Avengers Will Return" at the end of the credits, so I'm sure that will be epic as well.  All of the returning main characters had stand out moments, and the new characters were introduced and integrated very well.  I give it a 10 / 10 rating.

Quote from: MABUSE on May 18, 2015, 10:25:35 PM
The Enfield Haunting. 
VERY nicely done!

is that the tv series? have you seen the documentary?

MABUSE

Yes, the series.  Saw a documentary about it years back and it always struck me as being reminiscent of the "entity" case in the extent of documentation.  Skepticism is all well and good, especially about skepticism, but the inexplicable occurrences raise many questions.  If 99 out of a hundred events can be questionable "disproved" as being explicable, that 1% is of such stagger import that it deserves more study, IMHO.

paladin1991

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on May 18, 2015, 07:19:32 PM
Tomorrow, When the War Began. Based on the best-selling teenage fiction book series by John Marsden.

Australian version of Red Dawn. Decent enough action movie.  8)
Meh.   Glad you enjoyed it.  For me, meh.

Quote from: b_dubb on May 17, 2015, 05:35:11 PM
Mad Max: Fury Road. Epic.

It was incredible. I didn't care for the last scene, but everything else was very well done. Incredible camera work.

I was impressed with the Terminator:Genisys trailer. I'm going to try and catch that one on opening night.