• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Nick el Ass on March 31, 2015, 03:27:42 PM

Billy Mumy has to be in it because he is the legend of all legends at least in Dave's mind.

You're a Bad Man! Dammit you've ruined it for me. 
I wished my Billy Mumy Twilight Zone Avatar to the corn field.

VegasI15

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 31, 2015, 05:36:00 PM
You're a Bad Man! Dammit you've ruined it for me. 
I wished my Billy Mumy Twilight Zone Avatar to the corn field.

You could always enjoy some Barnes and Barnes singing "Fish Heads" or "Party in my Pants."  That is if you are going through Mumy withdraws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHKjNd7qZQU#

Pale Horse

Quote from: coaster on March 31, 2015, 01:09:16 PM
I don't care.

I don't care that you don't care. Feel free to ignore my posts. I believe there is a procedure.

Pale Horse

Quote from: DocHolliday on March 31, 2015, 04:01:44 PM
Go jerk off to Loose Change some more.  I'm all about listening to opposing views but.... 
That's Pathetic dude. You don't see the contradictions here?

OMG ZE MISSILE!!!

9/11 was an OutSourced job.....by a bunch of defense industry insiders.... to create an impetus for endless war
There, fixed it for you.

paladin1991

Quote from: Pale Horse on March 31, 2015, 06:30:49 PM
I don't care that you don't care. Feel free to ignore my posts. I believe there is a procedure.
This thread is a lot better when ART's around.  You guise keep farting at each other, I'll wait for ART to show up.

Art Bell

Ok, I am here but at the moment with some concerning news, I can not go into details but it boils down to this, this process is taking to darn long. We spent a Month going back and forth in the proposal stage, each side laying out what they wanted and what needed to be changed. It was a bit frustrating that it took so long but we got it done. It is now with their Lawyers to come up with a final contract based on what both sides agreed to. I have a concern that when we receive the final document ( promised by the end of this Week) that it will have lots of new stuff in it that will not work for us. If I sound negative it's only because the terms took a Month and I am not a patient person. I truly hope it works out but if not, that's life. You can be sure nobody will be more disapointed then me. The current rub is it is taking to long, I have a lot of work to do and can't even start until this gets signed which now looks like a longer process then it should be.

When all this started I told you the three must have things and that has not changed. Cross your fingers and knock on some handy wood.

Art

Hakuna matata, let them do their lawyer thing and you do your radio host thing, all will work out in the end  8)

... I think I'm gonna be sick.

pyewacket

Art- Please don't lose hope- it's just way more complicated these days. Best to take your time and be sure things go the way you want.

I hope you get welcome news this week.  :)

Danger!UFO

Art, we have your back. Whatever happens. Take your time when you get the contract. Think it over. Ask questions and hopefully it will be OK. If there are problems try to work them out. We're not worried about July. Make it the fall.

I'll keep the glass half full.

I hear you when you say you are impatient and want to get going. Hang in there.

The waiting is the hardest part.  ;)

http://youtu.be/uMyCa35_mOg

laserjock

Art, I'm often not patient also, I battle severe anxiety and when I have to wait for something to happen, like my work shift to start, I lose my mind and worry my brain into overdrive.  But thank God I don't self medicate.  I really appreciate the feeling of waiting for something you shouldn't have to wait on.  Hang in there sir, if this doesn't work out, I believe you tried your level best and I, for one, will let you off any hooks.  But it would be really good for me to have your show to lean on, it helps me get through the night quite often.  It's like having a friend in the room with me asking questions I would want to ask.

good luck...  No, not good "luck", good FORTUNE, to you, Art.

BTW, can't get a call through to my wife in Cebu so I'm feeling anxious about that right now.  I worry about her welfare and often can't help her as much as I yearn to.

albrecht

I still have hope. And this coming from a naturally pessimistic/cynic who has dealt with too many lawyers. Hahaha. Art, you always struck me as someone who could roll with the punches and has had a positive outlook on things, even during bad times (even now and then looking to the new technology, other countries, new opportunities, in personal life etc) and dealt with far worse in the past than even lawyers and contracts-- so I think this WILL work out. Take yer time! We will be ready to listen, sign up, promote, etc!

(In the mean time, have we, meaning you-know-who running this board, verified this account and IP is really Art? There have been more nefarious things done.....) Site seems to "work" again and then we get this news? ;))

Danger!UFO

Insert Lawyer Joke Here:   8)

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

God decided to take the devil to court and settle their differences once and for all. When Satan heard this, he laughed and said, "And where do you think you're going to find a lawyer?"

Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, an honest lawyer and an old drunk are walking down the street together when they simultaneously spot a hundred dollar bill. Who gets it? The old drunk, of course, the other three are mythological creatures.

Changing lawyers is like moving to a different deck chair on the Titanic.

What's the difference between an attorney and a trampoline? You take your boots off to jump on a trampoline.

If the lawyers involved in Art's case are reading this....just kidding.  ::) Please get it done!  :)

Danger!UFO

Art: If things don't go right this week please take a breath and clear the table. Start over. Although the non-compete ends in July there is no date that says you must return. We support you either way.

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on March 31, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
Ok, I am here but at the moment with some concerning news, I can not go into details but it boils down to this, this process is taking to darn long. We spent a Month going back and forth in the proposal stage, each side laying out what they wanted and what needed to be changed. It was a bit frustrating that it took so long but we got it done. It is now with their Lawyers to come up with a final contract based on what both sides agreed to. I have a concern that when we receive the final document ( promised by the end of this Week) that it will have lots of new stuff in it that will not work for us. If I sound negative it's only because the terms took a Month and I am not a patient person. I truly hope it works out but if not, that's life. You can be sure nobody will be more disapointed then me. The current rub is it is taking to long, I have a lot of work to do and can't even start until this gets signed which now looks like a longer process then it should be.

When all this started I told you the three must have things and that has not changed. Cross your fingers and knock on some handy wood.

Art

Is this an early April Fools joke?

VegasI15

Waiting for something as big as this is like a slow torture for sure.  But the light is at the end of the tunnel.  Hang in there Art.  We have our positive mind power and thoughts behind you.   

Quote from: jazmunda on March 31, 2015, 07:57:28 PM
Is this an early April Fools joke?

Funny you say that.. I am hoping the same.

Heather Wade

Art

Art, wait until you get the contract from the lawyers before you start counting chickens.  Just saying.

SaucyRossy

Art

It's taken me six months to just now get access to my dads estate after he passed, I think a contract with a major corporation for a show that has a world wide audience would need at least a month.

But, I've never negotiated on this level so I don't know if you're just being extremely pessimistic or a realist.

WhiteCrow

Ok, I am here but at the moment with some concerning news,  The current rub is it is taking to long, I have a lot of work to do and can't even start until this gets signed which now looks like a longer process then it should be.

<snipage>

Art

Have patience my Friend      ... Only 'YOU' have the VISION,  knowledge, experience, attention to details, contacts,  leadership and perseverance to make it happen. Keep your eye on the prize. We're all pulling for you.   

I'm starting to feel like our emotions are being played with again.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Turning Down My Radio on March 31, 2015, 08:09:32 PM

Simmer down now.

Everyone just stay calm.

Danger!UFO

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 31, 2015, 08:08:46 PM
Have patience my Friend      ... Only 'YOU' have the VISION,  knowledge, experience, attention to details, contacts,  leadership and perseverance to make it happen. Keep your eye on the prize. We're all pulling for you.   

Agreed. Most of us have no idea what is involved with these contracts including me. I'm just trying to be optimistic. I'm hoping things will workout.

Everyone remember that it was never set in stone that Art would return. He's doing his best. Don't be disappointed if things go the wrong way. In the meantime everyone think positive!

Let's all channel Lisa Garr and get some positive energy flowing.

DesertFox

Art

Art--good luck.  No need to press with time, you can also start your show later than July if need be.  Just so you have time to get things right.  Please don't lose patience, we're almost there.  You can do it, my man!

Heather Wade

Quote from: HorrorReporter on March 31, 2015, 08:19:47 PM
Let's all channel Lisa Garr and get some positive energy flowing.

Should I start saying "Huuuuuuuuuuu"?

PrairieGhost

I'll send positive vibes.

smithy

Art

It sounds like the other side is trying to push and squeeze and see how much you will bend. We all know that the entity you are negotiating with will lose big time if they don't agreed to your conditions.  I am going to remain positive and think that it's just the attorneys playing a game for more billables. You have to imagine that if the attorneys on their side are doing this the client must think that they have the upper hand or they are caught up in concept of trying to get the best deal because ultimately, the client has the say, not the attorney. Don't be discouraged by the process....there is no specific deadline. Maybe you should take your vacation now and let them stew over it for a while.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Turning Down My Radio on March 31, 2015, 08:09:32 PM

Relax... Support Art!

From experience, these contract negotiations seemingly take forever and are extremely gut wrenching.

Art has a vision and wisdom. The other interested players will learn and understand Art's plan in their own way and in their own time. No rushing them, they'll all come around eventually to Art's vision. If they don't, find new players and regroup.
No way in hell, is Art with his passion, going to give up.

I'm thankful that Art is sharing his concerns and frustrations with us.