• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: Art Bell on March 28, 2015, 05:09:39 PM
Yes sir, that's it, if you can send me a MP3 of that it would be awesome!

Art

Check your PM. ;)

Art Bell

On further examination, thanks anyway it was 1971, this sucks big time!
Thank you for the help anyway!

Art

Quote from: Art Bell on March 28, 2015, 05:16:03 PM

Art

Just missed that one. Darn.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on March 28, 2015, 12:49:49 AM
That's amazing.  I mean, did the people who invented English get together with the people who invented Spanish hundreds of years ago to figure this out?  The odds must be astronomical.

Look at the clock ........... 11:11 ?

jazmunda

Art

No problem. Who should I send the bill to? Cumulus? Pandora? Keith? :P

The General

Quote from: jazmunda on March 28, 2015, 05:23:51 PM
No problem. Who should I send the bill to? Cumulus? Pandora? Keith? :P

Dave.

phrodo

Art

Does YouTube have to pay a fee every time a song is played by somebody on YouTube?

jazmunda

Art

Where are you getting the 1971 from?

According to Wikipedia (so it must be true) it was recorded and released in 1972.

What does the law state in regards to being able to play post 1972 music? Is it when the song was written, recorded or released?

Edit: OK Crunchy Granola Suite was recorded on the Neil Diamond Stones album in 1971. Does this preclude you from playing the Hot August Nights Prologue recorded and released in 1972? I guess you don't want to be a test case.

sydtron

For the longest time. I loved that Prolouge to CGS.  I firat heard it on Arts program. never knew what it was. It haunted me. Untill General posted the Bumper music list. I looked and was like "Crunchy Granola Suite"??!? What the hell is that. So I listened. HOLY SHIT THATS IT!  You see, Art never played enough of it to get to Neils voice. So I never knew what it was! Haha.  Freaky organ music with a hot guitar behind it.

phrodo

Quote from: sydtron on March 28, 2015, 05:44:10 PM
For the longest time. I loved that Prolouge to CGS.  I firat heard it on Arts program. never knew what it was. It haunted me. Untill General posted the Bumper music list. I looked and was like "Crunchy Granola Suite"??!? What the hell is that. So I listened. HOLY SHIT THATS IT!  You see, Art never played enough of it to get to Neils voice. So I never knew what it was! Haha.  Freaky organ music with a hot guitar behind it.

Same here .. just found out it was The Neil today. That song sure takes a long time to get where it's going.

jazmunda

Shazam was the best invention for finding out the name and artist of Art Bell bumper music.

laserjock

Is Shazam iOS only or Android also?

Quote from: jazmunda on March 28, 2015, 05:35:28 PM
Where are you getting the 1971 from?

According to Wikipedia (so it must be true) it was recorded and released in 1972.

What does the law state in regards to being able to play post 1972 music? Is it when the song was written, recorded or released?

Edit: OK Crunchy Granola Suite was recorded on the Neil Diamond Stones album in 1971. Does this preclude you from playing the Hot August Nights Prologue recorded and released in 1972? I guess you don't want to be a test case.

The music industry is a joke. They are making it impossible to use their music legally and actually paying for it. It is much easier just to torrent things and not even pay. buy making is difficult to use/pay for their music, it is almost as if they want the listner to just steal it.

Art Bell

Well if that was only on the hot August night album I can use it.
As long as it is 72 or later

Art

SaucyRossy

Art, quick guest suggestion. Elon Musk. He's essentially shaping our future on the roads and in space. If he would consent to a long form interview with you it would be an amazing episode and make a huge splash

Might I suggest: http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ For all your MP3 conversions.
Quote from: Art Bell on March 28, 2015, 04:53:39 PM
I wonder if anybody can find me a MP3 for the prologue to Crunchy Granolla Suite ( Neil Diamond)
It was from Hot Summer Night.
Art

ge30542

I was just looking at the Arthur Bell III Wikipedia page. I knew Art grew up with a Military background, but I did not know that his dad was a Captain in the U.S. Marine Corps, and his mom was a Marine Corps Drill Instructor.
BOY!, I bet Art never got away with too many "shenanigans" as a youngster. No sneaking cigs out behind the garage, etc. LOL

laserjock

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 28, 2015, 07:31:59 PM
Art, quick guest suggestion. Elon Musk. He's essentially shaping our future on the roads and in space. If he would consent to a long form interview with you it would be an amazing episode and make a huge splash

Yes, Musk would be a great guest, he's badass.

Designx

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 28, 2015, 07:31:59 PM

I think Musk is overrated - his cars are not remotely innovative - just a ton (literally) of batteries in a fancy wrapper. I don't see the inventiveness in Space X either. Musk has a lot of money to fund these projects but he's no Tesla or Einstein. It's nice to have a rich person to invest in bettering our lives but really the technology isn't there yet in what he's doing.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Designx on March 28, 2015, 08:05:01 PM
I think Musk is overrated - his cars are not remotely innovative - just a ton (literally) of batteries in a fancy wrapper. I don't see the inventiveness in Space X either. Musk has a lot of money to fund these projects but he's no Tesla or Einstein. It's nice to have a rich person to invest in bettering our lives but really the technology isn't there yet in what he's doing.

youre right. His cars aren't mind blowing, they are just common sense combined with good design.

And when he puts out a Honda civic level price version of his car that gets 500 miles per charge he will change the world.

He has a working space program that's private. Nothing big about that either. Right?

But yeah, hes not that great.

rzr1911

Ripping MP3s from youtube can result in fake quality files.
Basically crappy 128kbps audio that got upscaled to 320kbps or such in the ripping process.
Just so you know and don't wonder why the music you play on your HQ Denon Amp through your 300W Magnat speakers sounds flat.
You can get decent files out of it too of course.

ManiacMatt

I just saw on IMDB, that they are doing a documentary on Malachi Martin and Art is going to be in it.  It looks interesting, I'm looking forward to it.

Have they filmed your part yet Art?

Art Bell

I have one more request: can anybody find a song by the bangles called Venus? MP3 if possible

Art

eyenoeyeno

Quote from: Art Bell on March 28, 2015, 09:12:51 PM
I have one more request: can anybody find a song by the bangles called Venus? MP3 if possible

Art

Woohoo firsties

jazmunda

Art

Sent you a link via PM.

laserjock

Quote from: Designx on March 28, 2015, 08:05:01 PM

Ok, I'll bite...  So, what have you done that is greater?  I think it's pretty impressive what he is doing and attempting.  Some of us can't move mountains, I'm just a stupid LASER jocky, but I'm pretty proud of getting that education.  "Fancy Wrapper"  Ok, so, despite all the great engineering, it's just a wrapper for a battery?  Sounds to me like you are pushing an agenda of some sort.  I think he is a remarkable leader.  But, by all means, tell us about your superior exploits!

phrodo

Art

Bangles Venus? or Bananrama's cover of Shocking Blue's Venus?

SaucyRossy

Quote from: laserjock on March 28, 2015, 09:27:51 PM
Ok, I'll bite...  So, what have you done that is greater?  I think it's pretty impressive what he is doing and attempting.  Some of us can't move mountains, I'm just a stupid LASER jocky, but I'm pretty proud of getting that education.  "Fancy Wrapper"  Ok, so, despite all the great engineering, it's just a wrapper for a battery?  Sounds to me like you are pushing an agenda of some sort.  I think he is a remarkable leader.  But, by all means, tell us about your superior exploits!

Exactly. He isn't reinventing the wheel, he's just getting shit done. He's a force of progress and forward momentum.

Steve jobs didn't invent shit but he got shit done.

Sorry for the cursing

jazmunda

Quote from: phrodo on March 28, 2015, 09:38:20 PM
Bangles Venus? or Bananrama's cover of Shocking Blue's Venus?

It was Bananarama that covered Venus not The Bangles of Walk Like an Egyptian and Eternal Flame fame.

Also Venus was originally recorded by Shocking Blue and was recorded in 1969. I'm assuming Art can legally play the Bananarama version.

Art Bell

Well I have been working all day on the music, God, what a job first I had to look everything up and delete everything pre 72. Then I had to go and listen to everybody's ideas and find what I liked (thank you all) then begin to organize what I have. I am tired and that's it for today. I am still minus a open theme and a few more good ones.

Art