• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jorch's Eye Pad.

Started by elbee, September 15, 2012, 01:49:13 AM

Do you think asteroids have a brain and know which side of the planet to crash into?

paperboy is our leader
36 (17.6%)
hi I am jorchnoory
36 (17.6%)
would it be a mean baby?
46 (22.5%)
That'll make you want to think...
26 (12.7%)
I feel sorry for the haters. I fell in a puddle. I was in the navy!
53 (26%)
Yeah, with those fang teeth of yours?
7 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 202

WOTR

Quote from: HorrorRetro on December 19, 2012, 01:24:22 PM
He's been talking up his charitable work for years now.  I wonder if there's any sort of paper trail for this "charity"?  If you make claims that you're collecting and operating a charitable organization, even a small one, don't you have to file certain paperwork?
That is the beauty of the thing (at least in this case.)  He does not need to actually do anything.  Yes, there is paperwork to file if you actually get your not for profit license and you have to keep track of financials (on a side note, check http://www.charitynavigator.org/ before you donate to any cause to find out how they actually stack up in the USA or http://www.charityintelligence.ca/ in Canada.)

Anyhow, the way that George has it in this case is that after he reaches a certain, undisclosed number of subscriptions he promises listeners that he will donate a portion of his earnings from them (what portion remains undisclosed at this point as far as I know) and he will put it toward helping listeners of his show (hey- Tommy listens every night- doesn't he?) Basically, in this case he really has made no firm promises and the subscription money remains his to do with as he sees fit.  He is just hoping that a few people will donate their $15 per month to him (and he will act as the charity) instead of putting it somewhere that actually exists and where it will do some good (other than buying the idiot more pizza rolls...)

Pardon the cynicism, but this type of give your money to me and I promise to do something good with it makes me a little sick.  It makes me wonder how many people will subscribe, line Georgies pockets and think that there is some real good being done in the world rather than go to the site above and find a charity worth donating to that has demonstrated financial responsibility and effectiveness in their field.  George promises to give it to listeners who come up with the best sob story (or perhaps Tommy is the most deserving of them all?)

Quote from: WOTR on December 20, 2012, 01:38:59 AM
That is the beauty of the thing (at least in this case.)  He does not need to actually do anything...

Is it even George's money?  He's just an employee at PremRat. 

I wonder if he's stuck his corporate yes man neck out and asked them if he could donate some of their subscription money to his lissners.  Somehow I doubt it - why would he, that's not what corporate suck-ups do.  When has he ever done anything verifiable with these stories of his nice guy-ness.

This sounds a lot like the Hawaii studio, his big weight loss program - the distinct lack of follow up, along with his other suspicious personal stories, this stuff has all the signs of being just blather he comes up with on the drive into work.

Juan

Sounds like idiocy cooked up in the Cheap Channel promotions department to me. Promotions comes in to the pre-show meeting, exuberantly sells the idea, George goes on the air with it, a few days later a suit hears a tape of the show, then blows up, yells at sNoory taking up a substantial part of show prep time, and its never mentioned again.

mombird3

Thanks for those web sites. I know someone who claims to have started a charity organization for Meniere's. It was not on the list.

WOTR

Quote from: mombird3 on December 20, 2012, 03:20:25 AM
Thanks for those web sites. I know someone who claims to have started a charity organization for Meniere's. It was not on the list.
Yikes... Before I go getting you in trouble with your friend they may well have a charity.  That site really only has the resources to check out larger charities (they do the leg work to help people find a good charity so they do not review a little mom and pop bringing in $1000 a year.)  Basically, they pour over the tax filings and look at employee compensation vs. how much goes to programs to determine if a charity is at least spending the money the receive where the donor would expect it to be spent.

If you are still curious if they have their tax exempt status you can look them up directly with the IRS here. http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Exempt-Organizations-Select-Check
Sorry... I did not mean to imply that you have to be on that list to be a charity- nor that some organizations who are not on that list are not worthy.  Only that it is one tool to help decide where to put your money to actually help.  You should be able to ask for the financials of their charity and find out how much they are spending on overhead (their salaries, office space, do they allow a vehicle allowance for themselves etc...)  It could be that they are legit and just not big enough to be on the list.  The real red flag is when a charity is on the list and receives a failing grade...  Not being on the list just means that you need to do your own research and leg work to make sure that where your funds go to is where you want them (as opposed to signing up with Georgie boys subscription service...)

Jasmine

Hey, Paper*Boy, how about creating one of your fabulous Jorch cartoons based on the famous Charlie Brown Christmas dance? LOL!

Charlie Brown Christmas Dance

ItsOver

I wonder if "Elvis" Noory is crooning at any Christmas parties?  Jorch does "White Christmas."   :o

ziznak

Elvis Jorch has some Christmas albums coming out you didn't hear bout that??? damn where did I put them??

ItsOver

Thanks for the warning, Ziz.  I've got my ear plugs ready.  :)  I'm sure he has some interesting album covers.  ;)

mombird3

Good to know that charity thing may not know what a small charity thing is. I was not going to do anything but I was suspecting maybe it is a fraud anyway. Just want to make sure. Thanks.

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: Em Vee on December 19, 2012, 05:03:32 PM
sounds good to me.  pb... u think we should hit the presses when we reach 100?  i'd also like you to develop a cover for the book if you don't mind, but it would probably be best not to share the cover here so it will be a surprise.

Hey MV...great job exploiting your friends...I think all profits should go to Paper*boy...but that's just my opinion...Better yet, how about you let him publish as he see's fit...Who are you to be judge and jury?

ziznak

Quote from: ItsOver on December 20, 2012, 03:42:51 PM
Thanks for the warning, Ziz.  I've got my ear plugs ready.  :)  I'm sure he has some interesting album covers.  ;)
Ah here we go... He's so prolific!!!

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on December 21, 2012, 01:52:09 AM

Hey MV...great job exploiting your friends...I think all profits should go to Paper*boy...but that's just my opinion...Better yet, how about you let him publish as he see's fit...Who are you to be judge and jury?

No worries, I probably wouldn't have gotten around to it anytime soon.  MV already said he'd send the profits along.

Quote from: ziznak on December 21, 2012, 02:14:40 AM
Ah here we go... He's so prolific!!

Ugh!  The band Chicago is now safe from being accused of having the worst Christmas album out there..

ItsOver

Hahahahah..... ;D.   Is this on the Christmas card Jorch sends out to his half a dozen fans?

[attachimg=1]

Great job, Ziz.

Nebraska888

I broke down and watched Noory sing on YOU TUBE. 

I have never, NEVER, felt so embarrassed for ANYONE in my ENTIRE life.  How pathetic that he needs such adulation and attention.  He is analogous to the Emperor having no clothes......everyone in Noory's "inner circle" must be too frightened to tell the poor man that HE CAN NOT SING!  It is also reminiscent of the old Saturday Night Live with Bill Murray's lounge act! 

I honestly thought this was a joke by Noory........kind of a spoof..........

Sadly, the man is dead serious. 

What it also speaks to, beyond his never to be filled-up "black hole" ego,  is irrefutable EVIDENCE that the man is an ignoramus.   Anyone with an ounce of intelligence would never attempt to become a second rate lounge singer.

ItsOver

I'd forgotten about Murray's lounge act.  ;D  You're right, though, Noory's crooning had me cringing more than laughing.  I just kept thinking, "Jorch, you can't be serious." 

ItsOver

The new dance sensation sweeping YouTube....Jorch does "The Hamster Stomp."  ;)

lonevoice

Paper*Boy must never stop making Jorch and Tommy cartoons.  I'm addicted to them and the withdrawal would be turrible. 

Sardondi

Quote from: lonevoice on December 22, 2012, 06:34:31 PM
Paper*Boy must never stop making Jorch and Tommy cartoons.  I'm addicted to them and the withdrawal would be turrible.

I bet R. Crumb started this way. Plus Paper*Boy has the advantage over him of not being crazy as a betsy bug.

Sardondi

Okay, you gotta stop this: I keep waking my family up laughing so hard.