• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 30, 2016, 01:25:53 PM
   People can deride my persona all they want, it just says something about their mind state. I can appreciate the detractors, they don't know... and don't care... so be it. It is a long story, and a true story... with legal elements... so it is complex. People get all kind of far flung inanities piped into their cranium via tv every day. I don't expect much of an attention span. I'm not trying to "make a case" here, that was done years ago. I do think I owe the explanation of what happened, as a matter of historical record. You won't have to listen or care.
   As much as I'd like to be in business with my 30+ designs, I have not been able to find a situation in which that was possible. Much wealth can be easily accumulated in today's world, but not without the adversarial battle between quality & profit.  Artistic expression wants quality, business wants profit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EVAAE6A?ie=UTF8&redirectFromSS=1&pc_redir=T1&noEncodingTag=1&fp=1
^^^
If you read E. H. Stevens "Make art, make money." you may better appreciate that.

I'm sorry I don't sell fidgets, I only give them away... for now.

The battle rages on, and I will explain my case eventually... uninterrupted. And Art will.have his "well prepared" crow.

Make a YouTube video and explain your case... Uninterrupted. Post it. Monetize it with ads to help get some money for your studio.

Write a script so that you don't lose focus. Make sure you concentrate on the what and don't speculate on the why. Make sure you don't libel or slander. Make your case and make some spending money too. Make fidgets. Make yourself happy. Choose joy.

I am sure there are people here that can help show you how to monetize a YouTube video with ads. Falkie does it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MAX on January 30, 2016, 01:29:07 PM

Where did you get this picture of Falkie as a young man?

That's not Falkie. That is MV.

Imconfused

Quote from: BellBoy on January 30, 2016, 11:24:10 AM
(shhhh! madness never sleeps...)

How did you get a camera in my house!

Imconfused

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 30, 2016, 12:55:35 PM
Little Chris... you too get-it!!! Free Fidgets for all the kids!!!

Mr Fidget is such a humanitarian! 

All the kids in the world today are 30% dumber now, because Art didn't give Mr Fidget, Free air time to promote a  product, that boost IQs by 30%

Shame on Art ...

I WANT  ME FIDGET!

give it.

Imconfused

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 30, 2016, 01:12:55 PM

Love Starr..   Adore chefist.. Praise Imconfused..   WhiteCrow is OK..

Well Sir,  you are now officially my new best friend.  8)

Imconfused

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 30, 2016, 01:32:39 PM

oh noooo,  you done did it now.

was nice knowing you....

Roswells, Art

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 30, 2016, 01:12:55 PM

Love Starr..   Adore chefist..  Praise Imconfused..   WhiteCrow is OK..

You forgot curandero81.

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 30, 2016, 01:32:39 PM
MV's prized erotic avatar collection.  It's why those cranks on the other side of the Atlantic like to hang out here.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 30, 2016, 07:35:49 AM
He said in his thread http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,1643.0.html ages ago he doesn't want to make anymore fidgets. From what I can gather, 20 years ago after taking peoples money (25k at $5 a pop) and not sending them what they ordered (fidgets) Art refused to talk to him. In doing this Mr. Fidget believes Art sent out a curse over the airwaves everywhere resulting in everything bad that has ever happened to him. He wants Art to lift the curse so that good things will start happening to him again.

I think that is it in a nutshell.
There were approximately 1000 $5 orders, not 25k.

Imconfused

Quote from: ItsOver on January 30, 2016, 01:51:29 PM
MV's prized erotic avatar collection.  It's why those cranks on the other side of the Atlantic like to hang out here.

Cranks from the other side of the Atlantic are not that bad.  The worst come from 'down under'.  You gotta watch out for them.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: SaucyRossy on January 30, 2016, 04:42:00 AM
You know, I didn't, don't, and will never know what the hell you've been ranting about on here because, frankly it's in the past. I have no clue who you are, I tried asking you to explain what happened and you basically were like too long to explain bro.

It's obvious you're obsessed, I wish you the best and hope that you recognize you should reach out to a professional and work through your issues and move past them. Nothing can change what happened. You don't have a Delorean, and art isn't on air any more. Face yourself and realize it's 2016, and try your best to live in the present.

This the most honest and least jerkish advice I can give, I am not trying to insult you or hurt you. Just trying to reach you. Best of luck.
I appreciate that, and you were kind enough to offer me a food card... you're a good guy. It is too long to explain without the docs, and at least an hour.

Someday.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 30, 2016, 01:56:38 PM
There were approximately 1000 $5 orders, not 25k.

My mistake. 25k did seem a bit high. I misunderstood this from you:

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on May 19, 2014, 02:17:41 AM
   We had a massive disagreement about this all, and I asked him for a bill for his biz dev expenses. He gave me a 23k bill. When I deposited the AB show checks, I gave him a 10% payment... $2500.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on January 30, 2016, 05:59:19 AM
This entire thread has gotten really bizarre.

When I find myself agreeing with one of SciFi's posts I know something has gone horribly wrong here.

Mr Fidget, can we get a condensed version of your story? I really dont understand how Art 'blacklisting" you from 20+ years ago has any bearing to you selling fidgets today on the myriad of ecommerce sites that have been here for well over a decade.

And what is a fidget, exactly?
Can't really condense it, but as for a fidget explanation:

The original fidget is three links of bicycle chain attached to a 1 inch keyring. It's a bottle opener, a door stop, a zipper-pull, a rope stay, a multi directional pulley, and more. It can be used to illustrate torque, cycle, process, friction, and leverage. It contains the elements of design... balance, unity, harmony, order, and contrast. It's y3k compliant, batteries not intended, arms and hands not included, earthquake proof, but only kitten resistant... they run off with them. They can help with mechanical comprehension, eye-hand coordination, physical therapy, and rehabilitation... and more.

Anyone can make one, and I told everybody how to do it on Art's show.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Imconfused on January 30, 2016, 01:42:36 PM
Well Sir,  you are now officially my new best friend.  8)

And I'm following Mr Fidget's business plan.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 30, 2016, 02:06:51 PM
My mistake. 25k did seem a bit high. I misunderstood this from you:
I could have made it happen with that kind of money. If I had made the offer each hour... instead of one impromptu offer at Art's suggestion... at the end... I might have.

Oh well.
:)

BellBoy

We prefer to be called 'eccentrics'.  ;)

pate

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 30, 2016, 11:25:01 AM
Short answer? No.

Keith would have to shuffle programming, and people would have to know about it ahead of time. If they know about it ahead of time, it is just as easy to listen on DeepTalk as it is on DMDN.

This started out as a GabCast to let Art speak to the normal BellGab/GabCast audience. It is not his return to the airwaves.

Word of it has spread through the #DMTALK hashtag and on at least one of his fan's Facebook groups that has 1800 members.

If people want to listen, they have the information they need to be able to listen

Kinda sad this spread so fast. Now if Art and MV do take callers, the chance of BellGabbers getting in to ask questions has been greatly diminished.

It will still be fun listening to MV and Art.

And if they're not hip to the BellGab experience, then they just aren't hip.

I hadn't thought of outsiders/foreigners clogging up the GabCast phone lines.  Hmm.

Perhaps BellGabbers can PM their questions to MV while the 'Cast is live?  Like the "Wormhole" only the GabCast/BellGabian equivalent.  I think it needs a name & a tag-line...

"Want to ask MV and Art a question?  Use the PieHole, and sock it to them!  Sign up at, BellGab and you get access to inside GabCast information, and access to the PieHole!"

or perhaps
RabbitHole  ("Not Sure what is going on?  Want to ask MV or Art a question?  Fall down the "RabbitHole at BellGab.com ....&c... ")
CastHole or 'astHole
BlowHole - purely a Cetecean line, for use of aquatic mammals ONLY

Again, only BellGab members would have access to this "feature," I am Not Sure that the SMF codex allows it, but MV could add a special button/link up at the top that goes straight to a PM addressed to MV.

My name is Caine, I am here to help.

Bonus YouTube video |
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQWudtShYP0

pate

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 30, 2016, 12:52:21 PM
My goodness.. Mr Fidget, I had no idea of the beneficial benefits of your product for the kids.
Shame on Art for not giving you more free air time to promote your product.

Could you please send a few free ones to all the members of Bellgab, that have kids, grandchildren or know someone with kids.
We must all do are best!.. "For the Children"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c2OM7HEfrs

Bonanza Pilot

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 30, 2016, 02:13:34 PM
Can't really condense it, but as for a fidget explanation:

The original fidget is three links of bicycle chain attached to a 1 inch keyring. It's a bottle opener, a door stop, a zipper-pull, a rope stay, a multi directional pulley, and more. It can be used to illustrate torque, cycle, process, friction, and leverage. It contains the elements of design... balance, unity, harmony, order, and contrast. It's y3k compliant, batteries not intended, arms and hands not included, earthquake proof, but only kitten resistant... they run off with them. They can help with mechanical comprehension, eye-hand coordination, physical therapy, and rehabilitation... and more.

Anyone can make one, and I told everybody how to do it on Art's show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5A8vQx5pCU

effluenza

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 30, 2016, 02:20:08 PM
   I could have made it happen with that kind of money. If I had made the offer each hour... instead of one impromptu offer at Art's suggestion... at the end... I might have.

Oh well.
:)

It's ok Mr Fidget. The world can get authentic Fidgets here.

http://fidgetland.com

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Gruntled on January 30, 2016, 10:05:58 AM
Thanks Gravity. This could be epic.

Oh, it will be epic. Think "Mutiny On The Bounty." Mr. Christian (Art) decides to retake the ship and puts Captain Bligh (Heather) and the rest of her scurvy-sounding crew in a lifeboat to find their own way. The rest of us sail to Tahiti, take new native brides (or bridegrooms), settle down, then live happily ever after. (Art has less than a week to clear all this with Airyn.)

Everybody knows their lines. They just have to say them.

BellBoy

Quote from: Imconfused on January 30, 2016, 01:35:34 PM
How did you get a camera in my house!

Nanobots... they're everywhere.  ;)

(much like authentic Fidgets)

Value Of Pi

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 30, 2016, 11:25:01 AM
Short answer? No.

Keith would have to shuffle programming, and people would have to know about it ahead of time. If they know about it ahead of time, it is just as easy to listen on DeepTalk as it is on DMDN.

This started out as a GabCast to let Art speak to the normal BellGab/GabCast audience. It is not his return to the airwaves.

Word of it has spread through the #DMTALK hashtag and on at least one of his fan's Facebook groups that has 1800 members.

If people want to listen, they have the information they need to be able to listen

Kinda sad this spread so fast. Now if Art and MV do take callers, the chance of BellGabbers getting in to ask questions has been greatly diminished.

It will still be fun listening to MV and Art.

And if they're not hip to the BellGab experience, then they just aren't hip.

Suggest setting up a dedicated BellGabbers line to ensure adequate representation. A few security questions could be employed if doubts exist about a caller, along the lines of "Who won the 1939 World Series?" and "Who has better legs, Betty Grable or Clark Gable?"

WOTR

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 30, 2016, 02:16:40 PM
And I'm following Mr Fidget's business plan.
I've noticed the increased offers of free "white crow" hoodies going around the forum lately.

Love Art..   Adore Fidget..  Praise WhiteCrow..   MV is OK.

Value Of Pi

I was kind of wondering how they got here in the first place. Art Bell was not an international phenomenon in the past and in general, these foreigners never lived in the U.S. How did they all find out about Art and end up here? The avatars only explain why they stay here.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: effluenza on January 30, 2016, 03:14:05 PM
It's ok Mr Fidget. The world can get authentic Fidgets here.

I prefer to think of them as genuine imitations.
Jason "knock-off" Burns, your purported "Authentic" fidget purveyor bought my design at a shop in Venice, and started making his own. The same stuff I sent to Art (Double Ring Rotator) he sells, with a rubber band on it as his "invention".

pate

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 30, 2016, 03:50:14 PM
Jason "knock-off" Burns, your purported "Authentic" fidget purveyor bought my design at a shop in Venice, and started making his own. The same stuff I sent to Art (Double Ring Rotator) he sells, with a rubber band on it as his "invention".

MF, I seem to recall that ol' Hoaxland was pimping "Club 19.5" keychains or something like that.  Perhaps you could make some sweet torsion-field keychains for the "Entarprize Mission" or whatever he's got going on?  Incorporate the 19.5 dynamic into them, seems a natural fit for your fidgets.

I know this post is a potential de-railment of the AB thread, but it is an idea to help you market your fidgets and get another brand association going on.

I will re-post this in the OSOM thread for the moderators convenience should they choose to delete this post in this thread as it is clearly off-topic.

As for the YouTube monetization angle, I think you could use this awesome Cake song with some appropriate pictures/videos spliced in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc_SKN4sWJs

The General

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 30, 2016, 03:50:14 PM

I have authentic fidgets.  And they are awesome.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Art Bell on January 29, 2016, 03:35:54 PM
Yes I will still do the Cast. The price for Dental work is nuts.

Art

Gee, my dentist only charges $900.  Even at that, I've put several of his children through college.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: coaster on January 29, 2016, 03:41:19 PM
True, but they dig around people's disgusting mouths for a living. That deserves a hefty paycheck imo. I couldn't do it. Theres a reason why dentists are on the top of the list when it comes to suicide rates per profession.
While I am on the subject of disgusting professions, podiatrists have to be miserable. Touching people's stinky feet all day. No thanks. Humans are pretty gross.

Let's don't forget everyone's favorite - proctologists.  I'd much rather look at teeth all day than assholes.  Though hanging out herein is no doubt a similar experience.