• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

coaster

Quote from: WhiteCrow on January 30, 2016, 01:08:48 PM
^^^^^  and you put 'Me" on your ignore list.. now that's crazy .. boy
I agree. You're a hoot. I don't know what I was thinking.

coaster

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 30, 2016, 01:56:38 PM
There were approximately 1000 $5 orders, not 25k.
An opportunity squandered. tsk tsk.

coaster

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 30, 2016, 02:00:13 PM
It is too long to explain without the docs, and at least an hour.

Someday.
Look at your post history. You have already explained it several times. It never made sense. Something about getting arrested for trespassing, a ticket, being "blacklisted", and this somehow being Art's fault? You also mentioned sometime last year that you were "coming out with an ebook" describing the ordeal, and guess what? That never happened either. It's time to face it. You sometimes have good ideas, but you can't follow through on your promises so you blame other people instead of taking responsibility for your mistakes. You have bitched and moaned for twenty years about a problem that only exists in your head and has no basis in reality.
Loony tunes.

ItsOver

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 30, 2016, 03:49:34 PM
I was kind of wondering how they got here in the first place. Art Bell was not an international phenomenon in the past and in general, these foreigners never lived in the U.S. How did they all find out about Art and end up here? The avatars only explain why they stay here.
Google.  Search for the perversion of choice, stay for the MV avatars. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 30, 2016, 03:40:15 PM
Suggest setting up a dedicated BellGabbers line to ensure adequate representation. A few security questions could be employed if doubts exist about a caller, along the lines of "Who won the 1939 World Series?" and "Who has better legs, Betty Grable or Clark Gable?"
"What is a Falkie?" would do.

Ms. C

Quote from: The General on January 30, 2016, 03:59:03 PM
I have authentic fidgets.  And they are awesome.
Thanks for reminding me that I bought one also when Mr. Fidget went on Gabcast and I believe he sent a few free ones for MV and  Jaz.  The themudking decided to buy his from http://fidgetland.com and I purchased mine from there also.
Here's a picture of mine ... it is a great little stress reducing gadget -- this little fidget is!!!

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 30, 2016, 01:25:53 PM
   People can deride my persona all they want...

I'm wondering whether you still think 15 million people - 1 of every 20 men, women, and children in the US at the time - heard and remember your middle of the night call to Art Bell?

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 30, 2016, 01:25:53 PM
... As much as I'd like to be in business with my 30+ designs, I have not been able to find a situation in which that was possible. Much wealth can be easily accumulated in today's world, but not without the adversarial battle between quality & profit.  Artistic expression wants quality, business wants profit...

Whether this is accurate or not (it's not), you believe Art Bell is to blame for it?

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: pate on January 30, 2016, 03:58:31 PM
MF, I seem to recall that ol' Hoaxland was pimping "Club 19.5" keychains or something like that.  Perhaps you could make some sweet torsion-field keychains for the "Entarprize Mission" or whatever he's got going on?  Incorporate the 19.5 dynamic into them, seems a natural fit for your fidgets.

I know this post is a potential de-railment of the AB thread, but it is an idea to help you market your fidgets and get another brand association going on.

I will re-post this in the OSOM thread for the moderators convenience should they choose to delete this post in this thread as it is clearly off-topic.

As for the YouTube monetization angle, I think you could use this awesome Cake song with some appropriate pictures/videos spliced in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc_SKN4sWJs
I've been saying for a while, the "free time machine" hook could be great for business. If Art put me on the road calling from payphones, putting people on the air with him, giving away time machines... it would be epic. I think he could have had his 10 million, but I guess he does not have thick enough skin.

He took off 10 pages ago, I think. ::)
;)

Quote from: The General on January 30, 2016, 03:59:03 PM
I have authentic fidgets.  And they are awesome.
Thanks, and thanks for the great cd!

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 30, 2016, 03:32:07 PM
Oh, it will be epic. Think "Mutiny On The Bounty." Mr. Christian (Art) decides to retake the ship and puts Captain Bligh (Heather) and the rest of her scurvy-sounding crew in a lifeboat to find their own way. The rest of us sail to Tahiti, take new native brides (or bridegrooms), settle down, then live happily ever after. (Art has less than a week to clear all this with Airyn.)

Everybody knows their lines. They just have to say them.

very interesting

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: coaster on January 30, 2016, 04:17:02 PM
Look at your post history. You have already explained it several times. It never made sense. Something about getting arrested for trespassing, a ticket, being "blacklisted", and this somehow being Art's fault? You also mentioned sometime last year that you were "coming out with an ebook" describing the ordeal, and guess what? That never happened either. It's time to face it. You sometimes have good ideas, but you can't follow through on your promises so you blame other people instead of taking responsibility for your mistakes. You have bitched and moaned for twenty years about a problem that only exists in your head and has no basis in reality.
Loony tunes.
You love that character degradation don't you.
Enjoy it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: pate on January 30, 2016, 02:34:34 PM
I hadn't thought of outsiders/foreigners clogging up the GabCast phone lines.  Hmm.

Perhaps BellGabbers can PM their questions to MV while the 'Cast is live?  Like the "Wormhole" only the GabCast/BellGabian equivalent.  I think it needs a name & a tag-line...

"Want to ask MV and Art a question?  Use the PieHole, and sock it to them!  Sign up at, BellGab and you get access to inside GabCast information, and access to the PieHole!"

or perhaps
RabbitHole  ("Not Sure what is going on?  Want to ask MV or Art a question?  Fall down the "RabbitHole at BellGab.com ....&c... ")
CastHole or 'astHole
BlowHole - purely a Cetecean line, for use of aquatic mammals ONLY

Again, only BellGab members would have access to this "feature," I am Not Sure that the SMF codex allows it, but MV could add a special button/link up at the top that goes straight to a PM addressed to MV.

My name is Caine, I am here to help.

Bonus YouTube video |
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQWudtShYP0

Pate, when you aren't blackout posting, you really crack me up. Seriously.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 30, 2016, 03:49:34 PM
I was kind of wondering how they got here in the first place. Art Bell was not an international phenomenon in the past and in general, these foreigners never lived in the U.S. How did they all find out about Art and end up here? The avatars only explain why they stay here.

Georgenoorysucks is a world wide phenomenon.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 30, 2016, 04:31:56 PM
I'm wondering whether you still think 15 million people - 1 of every 20 men, women, and children in the US at the time - heard and remember your middle of the night call to Art Bell?
Go tell them:
http://www.radiohof.org/art_bell.htm
Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 30, 2016, 04:33:09 PM
Whether this is accurate or not (it's not), you believe Art Bell is to blame for it?
Go play 20 questions with someone else.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: coaster on January 30, 2016, 04:07:42 PM
An opportunity squandered. tsk tsk.
tsk tsk?
Really?
Zzzzzz.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: coaster on January 30, 2016, 04:17:02 PM
Look at your post history.  You have already explained it several times.  It never made sense.  Something about getting arrested for trespassing, a ticket, being 'blacklisted' ..... and this somehow being Art's fault?
You also mentioned sometime last year that you were "coming out with an e-book" describing the ordeal, and guess what?  That never happened either.
It's time to face it.  You sometimes have good ideas, but you can't follow through on your promises so you blame other people instead of taking responsibility for your mistakes.  You have bitched and moaned for twenty years about a problem that only exists in your head and has no basis in reality.
Loony tunes.

Coaster gave you good advice Mr. Fidget ....
All the misfortune in your life revolves around Art Bell ?
Truly a WTF moment.  Get some medical help, and get over yourself and your misdirected hate .....
One 'drama queen' harassing another 'drama queen' ........... classic!

Value Of Pi

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 30, 2016, 04:56:44 PM

That would explain it, I guess. Coming in through the back door, so to speak.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 30, 2016, 01:31:04 PM
Make a YouTube video and explain your case... Uninterrupted. Post it. Monetize it with ads to help get some money for your studio.

Write a script so that you don't lose focus. Make sure you concentrate on the what and don't speculate on the why. Make sure you don't libel or slander. Make your case and make some spending money too. Make fidgets. Make yourself happy. Choose joy.

I am sure there are people here that can help show you how to monetize a YouTube video with ads. Falkie does it.
Then I'll re-read my autographed copy of Tony Bill's book "Movie Speak, How to talk like you belong on a film set", dial up some of my award wining industry connections, read Steve Stockman "How to shoot video that doesn't suck" again, get Jason Brubakers "Film distribution checklist", then I'll make the big time!

::)

http://www.amazon.com/Movie-Speak-Talk-Like-Belong/dp/0761143599
http://www.amazon.com/Shoot-Video-That-Doesnt-Suck/dp/0761163239
http://www.filmmakingstuff.com/about-jason-brubaker/

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on January 30, 2016, 05:03:33 PM
Coaster gave you good advice Mr. Fidget ....
All the misfortune in your life revolves around Art Bell ?
Truly a WTF moment.  Get some medical help, and get over yourself and your misdirected hate .....
One 'drama queen' harassing another 'drama queen' ........... classic!
Just got a memo from upstairs:
NO MORE FIDGET TALK IN ART'S THREAD.

No, Coaster gave me a hassle, like yourself.
Art, see what you have done!
Without the Hoff!

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 30, 2016, 04:56:44 PM
"That's true!  Just don't make me say phenom a... pheenum uh... phonem er...  Ah, hell.  Feb!"

coaster

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 30, 2016, 05:22:16 PM
   Then I'll re-read my autographed copy of Tony Bill's book "Movie Speak, How to talk like you belong on a film set", dial up some of my award wining industry connections, read Steve Stockman "How to shoot video that doesn't suck" again, get Jason Brubakers "Film distribution checklist", then I'll make the big time!

Falkie level of name dropping. You realize that name dropping people who's success has nothing to do with you is not impressive in the least, right?

coaster

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 30, 2016, 05:29:45 PM

NO MORE FIDGET TALK IN ART'S THREAD.

This. Fidget talk is getting old. Just make a thread titled The General Musings of a Paranoid Schizophrenic and post in there about your silly Art Bell blacklist conspiracy bullshit.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: coaster on January 30, 2016, 05:34:44 PM
Falkie level of name dropping. You realize that name dropping people who's success has nothing to do with you is not impressive in the least, right?

That gives me an idea. Mr. Fidget all you have to do is watch a few Falkie videos and do the opposite of everything you see and hear.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: coaster on January 30, 2016, 05:34:44 PM
You realize you're just trolling, right?

Love it, write a book: "Coaster's Guide to industry etiquette"!

Roswells, Art

Quote from: ItsOver on January 30, 2016, 05:29:51 PM
"That's true!  Just don't make me say phenom a... pheenum uh... phonem er...  Ah, hell.  Feb!"

I was impressed when I heard him say 'particular' once.

BellBoy

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 30, 2016, 05:42:42 PM
I was impressed when I heard him say 'particular' once.

His mother is still impressed that he can tie his shoes.  ;)

coaster

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on January 30, 2016, 05:42:22 PM
You realize you're just trolling, right?

Love it, write a book: "Coaster's Guide to industry etiquette"!
Whatever you say, bud. It's your world, we're just living in it. You're not crazy at all.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 30, 2016, 05:41:40 PM
That gives me an idea. Mr. Fidget all you have to do is watch a few Falkie videos and do the opposite of everything you see and hear.
I don't remember ever taking shots at falkie,
and I won't start now. Analytically I agree, yes there is room for improvement in falkies videos, I'll take note.
;)

All of our lives are challenging.

Mercy is the remedy,
not pain.

Quote from: ItsOver on January 30, 2016, 05:29:51 PM

At the end of Thursday's show he said "Can the planet ever shplit in two?". LMH politely told him no. And yes, he pronounced split that way.