• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on January 29, 2016, 02:24:34 PM
I honestly can not say what my path is for air work. The first consideration is security. After that I might do a little bit and see how it goes. At the moment everything is in the air. I have to spend some "quality" time with my Dentist in the short term, jeez I hate Dental work. I can see myself doing a day or two a Week IF we feel secure about it.

It would be a stART.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dyna-X on January 29, 2016, 02:29:46 PM
   :D I'd be tempted to steal this as a signature line if we used those around here.
You're welcome to use it as you see fit, Dyna.  I'm thinking epitaph for me.  Hell, I always loved Art's Halloween show and "Dreamland," when it was Art's, so it's in character for me.  "Boo!" and dreaming, that's me.

WOTR

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 29, 2016, 09:05:05 AM
Trump has a lot more to lose than to gain when running for president, just look at the business he has already lost due to his stance on things. 
Source?

WOTR

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 29, 2016, 09:51:58 AM
Let's not be hasty. Fresh back from her Maldives modelling assignment (she was May for the 2017 edition of the 'Over-70s Spankstravaganza' calendar) she's now returned, bronzed and fit, to grace us with her presence. The little slut.
Damn- she looks... Healthy for 70.  I am having trouble picking her out of the line up and may need a clue.  Can you tell what colour her bikini bottoms are in the pic, or not?

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on January 29, 2016, 02:24:34 PM
...I have to spend some "quality" time with my Dentist in the short term, jeez I hate Dental work.
Finally... The answer as to where the millions went. 8)

I have two crowns to get replaced at $1350 a pop...  My dentist probably takes his private jet to his yacht in order to reach his private island in the Bahamas.

Art Bell

Quote from: WOTR on January 29, 2016, 03:32:39 PM
Finally... The answer as to where the millions went. 8)

I have two crowns to get replaced at $1350 a pop...  My dentist probably takes his private jet to his yacht in order to reach his private island in the Bahamas.

Yes I will still do the Cast. The price for Dental work is nuts.

Art

gabrielle

Quote from: Art Bell on January 29, 2016, 03:35:54 PM

Art

Can't wait to hear you again Art!

coaster

The price for Dental work is nuts.

True, but they dig around people's disgusting mouths for a living. That deserves a hefty paycheck imo. I couldn't do it. Theres a reason why dentists are on the top of the list when it comes to suicide rates per profession.
While I am on the subject of disgusting professions, podiatrists have to be miserable. Touching people's stinky feet all day. No thanks. Humans are pretty gross.

ge30542

Quote from: coaster on January 29, 2016, 03:41:19 PM
True, but they dig around people's disgusting mouths for a living. That deserves a hefty paycheck imo. I couldn't do it.
While I am on the subject of disgusting professions, podiatrists have to be miserable. Touching people's stinky feet all day. No thanks. Humans are pretty gross.
What about gynecologists? They usually see the unhealthy and diseased ones.

SciFiAuthor

True, but they dig around people's disgusting mouths for a living. That deserves a hefty paycheck imo. I couldn't do it. Theres a reason why dentists are on the top of the list when it comes to suicide rates per profession.

Performing colonoscopies would be the nightmare job for me.

coaster

Quote from: ge30542 on January 29, 2016, 03:43:20 PM
Yeah, thats a bad one too. Imagine being a gyno and having, say..Rosie O'donnell walk through your door. Bullet to the brain please.

ge30542

Quote from: coaster on January 29, 2016, 03:44:48 PM
Yeah, thats a bad one too. Imagine being a gyno and having, say..Rosie O'donnell walk through your door. Bullet to the brain please.
LOL. Open wide Ms. O'Donnell

ItsOver

Art
I don't even look forward to teeth cleanings, let alone any type of dental work.  I've had surgery that was more bearable.  I hate it when the hygienist jabs me in the gums.  I'm more tensed-up than when I'm squeezing the armrest on a flight through turbulence.

coaster

Quote from: ge30542 on January 29, 2016, 03:45:49 PM
LOL. Open wide Ms. O'Donnell
Whoopi Goldberg pap-smear.
You're welcome for that visual.

WOTR

True, but they dig around people's disgusting mouths for a living. That deserves a hefty paycheck imo.
I don't know.  Cleaning public toilets,mopping out the back of your cab when a drunk spews and sucking sewage from outhouses while cleaning up after those who "missed" unintentionally or otherwise- $12- $20 / hour.  Having to look at a rotting tooth- $500+ / hour.

Don't get me wrong- my dentist also works as a MD in a hospital emergency room and teaches medical students.  He has spent his life getting an education and I understand that he has office expenses, pays accountants and assistants and has to buy new gadgets... But it does not make my bill (or my dental experience) any less painful to understand these realities.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ge30542 on January 29, 2016, 03:43:20 PM

Just think how close they came to being proctologists.

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 29, 2016, 03:43:55 PM
Performing colonoscopies would be the nightmare job for me.
Having a colonoscopy WITHOUT anesthesia is my nightmare.  Thank God I can't birth a child.  God's probably pretty happy about that, too.

GravitySucks

Art

There is no compensation for the GabCast, sir.

coaster

We need to get Mike Rowe to do a dirty jobs episode about dentists, gynos, proctologists, and cab-barf removal. Thems the dirty jobs.

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 29, 2016, 03:50:29 PM
I understand that the "diva demand" for doing the cast was to trade in the skittles and have almonds and macadamias delivered, instead that could be bartered to any self respecting dentist.

ItsOver

But Art doing the GabCast.  Priceless.  Praise MV.

"We who are about to listen salute you!"

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ItsOver on January 29, 2016, 03:49:33 PM
Having a colonoscopy WITHOUT anesthesia is my nightmare.  Thank God I can't birth a child.  God's probably pretty happy about that, too.

I haven't had a colonoscopy yet, but I did recently undergo my first prostate exam. Eyes the size of saucers. This middle age business is for the birds.

ge30542

Quote from: coaster on January 29, 2016, 03:52:27 PM
We need to get Mike Rowe to do a dirty jobs episode about dentists, gynos, proctologists, and cab-barf removal. Thems the dirty jobs.
He puts on thick, oversized gloves, boots, goggles and bodysuit, grabs a hose, (one of those big ones they use to clean out the elephant cage), and says " Ms. O'Donnell, right this way please"

CornyCrow

Quote from: ItsOver on January 29, 2016, 03:46:56 PM
I don't even look forward to teeth cleanings, let alone any type of dental work.  I've had surgery that was more bearable.  I hate it when the hygienist jabs me in the gums.  I'm more tensed-up than when I'm squeezing the armrest on a flight through turbulence.
Yeah.  I think I could manage most doctoring work, but if I always caused pain it would upset me.  Some dentists are painless, some not.  Depends where you go.

WhiteCrow

Art

But ..More importantly Mr Bell, do think MV will ever want to dream again, of mowing your lawn?..  that is if you actually have a lawn.

Love Art.. Please come back..

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 29, 2016, 03:55:55 PM
I haven't had a colonoscopy yet, but I did recently undergo my first prostate exam. Eyes the size of saucers. This middle age business is for the birds.
Dental work... "first" prostate exams... fat chick pics...

I think I miss the trolls already, this thread is becoming downright depressing.

SciFiAuthor

It actually cost me. MV downgraded me from crackhead mode to meth lab mode because he felt my criticisms of St. Louis were lukewarm and wishy washy.

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 29, 2016, 03:55:55 PM
Ha!  Don't worry, it only gets better.  ;)  As it is said, growing old is not for sissies but I'll still take it.  Oh, for the colonoscopy?  Crap, go with anesthesia, SciFi.  My insurance won't cover the anesthesia but I've had it with and without and I'll GLADLY pay for the anesthesia.  One is like being hit with a cattle prod for an unbearable amount of time and the other is a piece of cake.  The SS couldn't have devised better torture.  Maybe it's improved with time but I don't want to personally find out.  Thank you very much.

Quote from: Coz on January 29, 2016, 02:12:45 PM
Fair enough.

Time to get back in the saddle Art. Being off air is a waste of material. You made a big impact on broadcasting, and should continue doing so. Get 6 months or a year in and all the offers will flow again.

You being off the air, beyond security issues, is kind of a mistake.

Dammit. I'm still a fan boy.
Hey Coz - you're back in the thread.
Kick ass, man.

Yeah, good point.

ItsOver

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 29, 2016, 03:58:50 PM
Dental work... "first" prostate exams... fat chick pics...

I think I miss the trolls already, this thread is becoming downright depressing.
Not to worry, sir.  I'm sure BellaHaven is just around the corner.  Tea and crumpets, anyone?