• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

lonevoice

Quote from: scifinj on December 27, 2012, 11:44:36 AM
So glad I found this forum. As both a broadcaster and long-time student of the "paranormal," the unexplained and the unusual, I have long wondered how George got this job.
He made a deal with the debil. 

Jasmine

From the C2C site: On tonight's show, writer, researcher, and skeptic Micah Hanks addresses a variety of unexplained aspects of cultural phenomena and human history, as well as the prospects of our technological future as a species influenced by science.

Yada yada yada. Yeah, right. A thousand bucks says it all boils down to Noory referencing The Twilight Zone.

Nebraska888

Noory has stated many times these past few evenings that he takes ONE week off a year because he enjoys his job THAT MUCH!

That is NOT true.  If those of you, like myself, have counted the nights he has been off in 2012.....it has been at least two or three weeks in total. 

Uhmmmm......do the math George! 

Perhaps he only requests 7 days off......but, as I recall, he actually stated several times throughout the year that he was told by management he must take his full vacation time due to insurance/hiring etc....policies.  Does anyone else, besides me, remember him stating that on air?  This policy is how he "explained" the Friday nights and one or two weekday evenings that Wells, Punnett, and even one time, Knapp, took the host chair!

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 27, 2012, 11:44:33 PM
Noory has stated many times these past few evenings that he takes ONE week off a year because he enjoys his job THAT MUCH!

That is NOT true.  If those of you, like myself, have counted the nights he has been off in 2012.....it has been at least two or three weeks in total. 

Uhmmmm......do the math George! 

Perhaps he only requests 7 days off......but, as I recall, he actually stated several times throughout the year that he was told by management he must take his full vacation time due to insurance/hiring etc....policies.  Does anyone else, besides me, remember him stating that on air?  This policy is how he "explained" the Friday nights and one or two weekday evenings that Wells, Punnett, and even one time, Knapp, took the host chair!

Not to mention ducking out early on Fridays.

Of course the part about loving his job isn't true, just the opposite.  He loves the money though.  And he knows he probably couldn't get another good job.

He probably means full weeks, and doesn't mind pretending that's all the time he takes off.  I think the company makes him take time off so that vacation time doesn't build up, so he takes just single days off here and there.  Unused vacation is treated as an expense on the P&L statement, and as a liability on the balance sheet on the company's books, so publicly traded companies and others tend to make people use it by year-end.

I think he knows he sucks and just about anyone else would be better.  He doesn't dare leave for a week at a time very often, and he knows it.

Nebraska888

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 27, 2012, 11:55:03 PM
OK, that explains why he can state that he only takes one week each year.

Hey, Paper Boy......I DO LOVE YOUR POSTS!  (Just wanted you to know!) :)

CrabbyOld Bat

I think Snorge should take a 4 week vacation every month.

That is, unless John B. Wells would be his replacement.

Nebraska888

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on December 28, 2012, 12:13:16 AM
I think Snorge should take a 4 week vacation every month.

That is, unless John B. Wells would be his replacement.

I am laughing my butt off, too funny.............however, even though Wells is NOT my fav.....I would take him or even Captain Kangaroo over Noory! :)

lonevoice

I read on another website that Jorch reported on C2C tonight that Aretha Franklin died.  Only problem with that is that she didn't.   

Nebraska888

Quote from: lonevoice on December 28, 2012, 12:52:56 AM
I read on another website that Jorch reported on C2C tonight that Aretha Franklin died.  Only problem with that is that she didn't.

Off to bed and will turn on Coast (I know, I should just give it up)............I wonder if Noory will CORRECT himself?  GEEEEEEZZZZZZ.  Will somebody please explain WHY he continues to host?

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 28, 2012, 12:27:38 AM

I am laughing my butt off, too funny.............however, even though Wells is NOT my fav.....I would take him or even Captain Kangaroo over Noory! :)

I vote for Captain Kangaroo...who died in '04. Even waiting for the deceased to speak coherently would beat listening to Snorge's attempts to do so.

OMFG!

Marva Whiteny, from James Brown's group and whose nickname was 'Soul Sister Number 1' just died.  George  probably saw a headline saying something like 'Soul Sister Number One Dead', and made a Noorish ASSumption.

Good ol' hard workin' George " 8 hours of Daily Show Prep" Noory displays his unfitness for broadcasting once again.

George just asked his guest 'Do you think time travel will be possible in the future?'. The guest Micah Hanks laughed and said something like 'In the future...good one George!' thinking that George had made a pun. I am sure no pun was intended.

nomobjustice

I can't wait until Daughter #2 calls in to rub his nose in this in revenge for the Larry L. King incident and we get a abrupt silence before he tells us "Shes gone, she hung up".

mombird3

Fontella Bass of the 1965 hit song "Rescue me", died. She is often mistaken for Aretha Franklin. I can see George has no clue as to good R&B song is. He does not know R%B or good 60's music. I was a teenager when that song was number one. George go look it up before you tell people who died. What a jerk! 

Juan

George was probably so excited he got to lead his news segment with a product recall - children's recliners that were maiming and killing children.
sNoory sucks.

valdez

You can't beat Gerald Celente for raw grit and economic doom.  Mike Adams on some Facebook censorship shenanigans.  I liked Micah Hanks' clarity and common sense, but I missed the explanation of his usage of the term "singularity" in relation to the ufo phenomenon.  I also missed George's declaration that Aretha Franklin was dead.  Did that happen?  If it did, somebody's head has got to roll.

Sardondi

Quote from: Nebraska888 on December 27, 2012, 11:44:33 PM
....but, as I recall, he actually stated several times throughout the year that he was told by management he must take his full vacation time due to insurance/hiring etc....policies.  Does anyone else, besides me, remember him stating that on air?  This policy is how he "explained" the Friday nights and one or two weekday evenings that Wells, Punnett, and even one time, Knapp, took the host chair!

Which policies I have never heard of, nor do they make any sense. "Must take full vacation time because of insurance" my ass. Now, conceivably Prem Rad could have  a policy that vacation time not taken in the year earned cannot be carried over, which would make it a little unusual, but it's quite possible. And if so that's fine. But why not just tell the frickin' truth about it? Because then George knows he looks like any other wage-earner interested in his paycheck. Which of course is absolutely normal. But the problem is George has always sold himself as the Listener-Loving Hero, who sacrifices all to be with his beloved audience. Which of course is utter bullshit. 

Jasmine

Quote from: Sardondi on December 28, 2012, 10:38:27 AM
Which policies I have never heard of, nor do they make any sense. "Must take full vacation time because of insurance" my ass. Now, conceivably Prem Rad could have  a policy that vacation time not taken in the year earned cannot be carried over, which would make it a little unusual, but it's quite possible. And if so that's fine. But why not just tell the frickin' truth about it? Because then George knows he looks like any other wage-earner interested in his paycheck. Which of course is absolutely normal. But the problem is George has always sold himself as the Listener-Loving Hero, who sacrifices all to be with his beloved audience. Which of course is utter bullshit.

Actually, there are quite a few companies/employers who implement a strict policy where an employee cannot carry over unused vacation time into the next calendar year, so it's not that unusual. That said, Noory IS spewing horseshit about insurance and hiring reasons.

I've stated it before, but me strongly believes Noory is extremely paranoid and frightened to take ANY night off away from his "hosting" duties for fear that someone else will do a far better job and thus reveal George as the incompetent dufus scrotum breath that he is. I call it the Long John Nebel Syndrome. For those who aren't familair with Nebel, he was an NYC based radio host in the 60's who had his own paranormal themed program. Nebel was terrified to take one day off, as he too was paranoid someone else would do a better job than he.

The difference here being that Long John Nebel's fears were for naught.

Jasmine

Quote from: valdez on December 28, 2012, 07:05:00 AM
     You can't beat Gerald Celente for raw grit and economic doom.

I forget which forum member it was, but a while back someone here mentoned that Gerald Celente's NYC - Brooklyn or Queens voice/accent reminded them of Edith Bunker from that classic old 70's show, "All in the Family". It's true! 

Quote from: Jasmine on December 28, 2012, 11:28:33 AM
...  I've stated it before, but me strongly believes Noory is extremely paranoid and frightened to take ANY night off away from his "hosting" duties for fear that someone else will do a far better job and thus reveal George as the incompetent dufus scrotum breath that he is...

Exactly.  I think he got a good scare when he had Richard Syrett on that one time to stir up memories of what Coast would be like with an actual good host.

George knows he sucks.  He has to.

stevesh

Quote from: Jasmine on December 28, 2012, 11:28:33 AM

Nebel was terrified to take one day off, as he too was paranoid someone else would do a better job than he.

Don't know about 'terrified', but Bruce Williams used to record extra shows that aired when he needed to be off. He used to say that his replacement wasn't going to audition on his show. Bruce was one of a kind and his job was secure. Noory is also one of a kind (thank God), but his job also seems secure, for some inexplicable reason.

Jasmine

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 28, 2012, 11:59:34 AM

Exactly.  I think he got a good scare when he had Richard Syrett on that one time to stir up memories of what Coast would be like with an actual good host.

Syrett is a great host. He has his own Sunday night radio program which airs from Toronto, Canada. Two hours of great interviews and guests. We get his show loud and clear.

Quote from: stevesh on December 28, 2012, 12:15:26 PM
Don't know about 'terrified', but Bruce Williams used to record extra shows that aired when he needed to be off. He used to say that his replacement wasn't going to audition on his show. Bruce was one of a kind and his job was secure. Noory is also one of a kind (thank God), but his job also seems secure, for some inexplicable reason.

Do you or does anyone here know if it's possible to listen to old Long John Nebel's shows? Are they anywhere on the net? Possible to download? I had no idea his real monilker was Bruce Williams.

ziznak

I just had a Gaiam TV add with Noory's big ugly head looking at me on the weather.com site.  It's just scary when you don't expect it ya know?

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: Jasmine on December 28, 2012, 12:31:24 PM
Do you or does anyone here know if it's possible to listen to old Long John Nebel's shows? Are they anywhere on the net? Possible to download? I had no idea his real monilker was Bruce Williams.

Dunno if you can download Nebel's shows anywhere but he and Bruce Williams are two different people. I believe stevesh mentioned Bruce Williams simply as another example of a radio show host who was worried that a replacement might take over his job.

CrabbyOld Bat

Richard C. Hoagland's roots unearthed?

There's a photo posted on the C2C home page that refers to a 2,750 year old temple being uncovered. The artifacts depicted in the photo look like miniature Richard C. Hoagland heads to me!  ;D

McPhallus

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on December 28, 2012, 01:18:04 PM
Dunno if you can download Nebel's shows anywhere but he and Bruce Williams are two different people. I believe stevesh mentioned Bruce Williams simply as another example of a radio show host who was worried that a replacement might take over his job.

There's a recent episode of the Dark Matters podcast where the host plays a couple old Nebel shows, one of which featured a crazy dentist who believed he could mentally travel to other planets.

Bruce mentioned Nebel not too long ago on his podcast.  He also mentions C2C in a less than favorable light, although it's hard to tell if he's talking about George or Art.

Jasmine

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on December 28, 2012, 01:18:04 PM
... he and Bruce Williams are two different people. I believe stevesh mentioned Bruce Williams simply as another example of a radio show host who was worried that a replacement might take over his job.

Ooookaaay...now I really feel legally blonde.

Thanks for the heads-up, you Crabby Old Bat! ;-)

Morgus

During the news segment reports in the first hour last night Noory did not report on Aretha Franklin, but he did report on:
Fontella Bass died 12/25/12, she was as an American R&B soul singer best known for her 1965 hit, "Rescue Me".