• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

lonevoice

Thanks for the correction, Morgus. 

I didn't hear it myself, as I don't listen to Jorch's show ever.  I read it last night on a news aggregator website that's usually accurate.  They reported that it had just been announced by GN on C2C that Aretha Franklin had died.   Later, they pulled the story, and I ass/u/med that it was a case of Jorch's misreporting.

Apologies to those, like myself, who were misled into believing that Sylvia Browne was whispering in Jorch's ear again.

Just had to edit this to add:  George Noory still sucks.

Morgus

Noory is taking off tonight and Rob Simone is filling in according to the c2c website schedule.
But Noory is scheduled to host all his weekdays (M-F) next week, apparently not taking any other holiday days off.
He must figure he already used up too many days off from his recent pizza roll burning incident?

SR-71

Lets give George Snoory some more pizza rolls. I guess John B wells is not doing this friday. I am glad about that.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: SR-71 on December 28, 2012, 06:35:03 PM
Lets give George Snoory some more pizza rolls. I guess John B wells is not doing this friday. I am glad about that.
The scuttlebutt going around about the office Christmas party is that John B."s Secret Santa gifted him a case of pizza rolls.  John B. has a hearty appetite;He ate well.

b_dubb

George isn't taking time off? Why the fuck isn't George taking time off like last year? I had my hopes up for some decent radio. Damn it!!!

Gensprite

Well I love this show, at least I use to love it but now I don't know anymore. I have been a constant listener for ten years anyhow, probably longer but its getting hard to listen to George lately (it was actually hard a few years ago but now its getting worse). My guess is he is getting tired and I can't blame him. How can anyone interview people every night over and over. I would just become a robot and that is what has happened to George I bet. That being said I just can't stand the meaningless statements like:
Yea, that's true too.
No not at all.
That could be.
And of course.
I think so too.
Well me too.
I don't have to go on about it because I know you all get it. Its just part of not really being involved in the discussion (because he is just burned out) and as a result not bringing out the best in the guest.

OK next. I also just can't stand the leading questions... or should I say; he asks a lot of leading questions, don't you think? There must be some rule in journalism 101 about this. It drives me nuts.

And last. Doesn't he know that it is sooooo obvious he is just reading questions from his screen (I imagine the producer fingering through the guests latest book and typing out a list of possible questions).
Its been bad for a while I know and its a bummer because I don't think there is anything else out there (a guy called Howard Hughes in the UK is an exception).

There has been one positive however. It use to be that RCH drove me nuts too. You see I actually thought he was suppose to be some sort of scientist because George calls him the science advisor. This went on for years, I even wrote George telling him RCH was an embarrasment to the show. But now I get it and I love when RCH is on. Its like a glimpse into madness and its really quite fascinating.
Oh and one more thing... black eyed children really creep me out. Really.
Thanks

ziznak

some "classic" Mushmouth moments from last nights show that made me ROFL:

George started the show with a babydeath report on some seat recall... total snoregasm!!!

Later George revealed that the Annunaki were genetically modifying BEANS on earth in ancient times... so it seems the GMO conspiracy is now tied to the ancient aliens!!!

"H'INCREDIBLE"

Morgus

Quote from: b_dubb on December 28, 2012, 09:19:22 PM
George isn't taking time off? Why the fuck isn't George taking time off like last year? I had my hopes up for some decent radio. Damn it!!!
it appears Noory is only taking one day off for the holidays (tonight)
Noory is scheduled as hosting every day next week (M-F) plus he has mentioned recently on the air that he will have a big 10th anniversary celebration on the show Sunday Jan 6 - so he is hosting his regular first Sunday of the month show too, 6 days next week...

armyvet8896

The athiest amateur astronomer just called in.

Quote from: Morgus on December 29, 2012, 01:14:10 AM
it appears Noory is only taking one day off for the holidays (tonight)
Noory is scheduled as hosting every day next week (M-F) plus he has mentioned recently on the air that he will have a big 10th anniversary celebration on the show Sunday Jan 6 - so he is hosting his regular first Sunday of the month show too, 6 days next week...

10th anniversary show...oh sweet jesus I can only begin to imagine the level of brown-nosing that will occur.

mombird3

Yes. that anniversary show will have the numbers lady, RCH, Ed Dames, Steve Quayle and the same stuff we had in 12/21/12.  Just boring.

I was talking about the Fontella Bass death as Noorys mistake and called him a jerk. But I did not get the first part of the Noory news because I did not tune in at the start of the show.

I saw the Coast to Coast pre show notes for Simone. Tuned off the radio as subject was one I was not interested in.   

WOTR

It really will be his end of the world broadcast all over again.  How are yoooouuu?  Followed by each guest sucking up in the hopes of an opportunity to sell more of their crap in the future and a mutual masturbation session between Noory and them.  That will be followed by some open lines so that listeners can tell George what a wonderful human being he is and that he is a legend of broadcasting and then it will be over.  A few hours or absolute pointless drivel.  Perhaps they can title the show

In praise of George Noory... Love letters from the edge.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: ziznak on December 29, 2012, 12:32:12 AM
some "classic" Mushmouth moments from last nights show that made me ROFL:

George started the show with a babydeath report on some seat recall... total snoregasm!!!

Later George revealed that the Annunaki were genetically modifying BEANS on earth in ancient times... so it seems the GMO conspiracy is now tied to the ancient aliens!!!

"H'INCREDIBLE"

Absolutely, Ziznak. Or should I say 'Heyy, Zizzie! How arrrre yeeewwwww'?

Two perfect specimens as he reeled and stumbled his way through this report.

First, a word which I assume refers to a grouping of twelve birds. I give you........'Dovezens'.

And he followed that by honouring a group of people who I assume are closely related to 'Remote grrrviewers.' That would be 'Caregrivvers.'

Splendid, work, Joorch, and good to see that all those vocal warm-ups with Tommy during your eight hour show prep are paying off so handsomely. 

The show has sunk to brand-new lows, and continues to sink, and yes I think that 2013 may be the end of coast-to-coast a.m.

smitty9999

I don't think George is actually in studio for most of his segments.  Someone in the studio is using a soundboard

"I don't believe in coincidences"
"Maybe so"
"Gosh"
"How are you doing"
and so on

coaster

Was watching a video of Michael Heiser's last night on youtube, and he mentioned Noory and his interview on Coast. He said a few minutes before he was to be on air, they told him that "George doesn't want to talk about Hebrew texts, he wants to talk about angels". I just found that really funny. And not at all surprising.

scifinj

Quote from: Em Vee on December 27, 2012, 12:02:40 PM
Hey, scifinj. Glad you are here. Post often.

Thanks, Em. Don't know about posting frequently but I'll be checking back often! And don't anybody get me wrong; I think George is probably a nice guy and means well, but...

Morgus

The best thing about last night's c2c show besides no Noory, was that there was no dang UFO Phil song at the end... ;)

scifinj

Yesterday Jasmine wrote:
"For those who aren't familair with Nebel, he was an NYC based radio host in the 60's who had his own paranormal themed program. Nebel was terrified to take one day off, as he too was paranoid someone else would do a better job than he.

The difference here being that Long John Nebel's fears were for naught."
---------
Wow I thought I was down on Noory. Some of these posts are HARSH!
Anyway, thought you might be interested in seeing my Long John Nebel Society of Eight Listeners membership card from back when I was a baby. He's the grand-daddy of 'em all.
(The name has been smudged to protect the not-so-innocent.)

scifinj

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 29, 2012, 12:14:15 PM
The show has sunk to brand-new lows, and continues to sink, and yes I think that 2013 may be the end of coast-to-coast a.m.

Only reasons I continue to listen are that there is so little else good on the air and it's an easy way to keep up on those topics.
Well, if they decide to replace him, I'm ready to take over. Had my own well-received similar weekly program on radio and Internet just before Bell left. Pro-phenomena but asking the hard questions. Are you reading this, Premier?

Sardondi

Quote from: scifinj on December 29, 2012, 03:17:02 PM
....And don't anybody get me wrong; I think George is probably a nice guy and means well, but...

It's like a rule of the universe: all new members say, "George is a nice guy, but...". I said it; we all said it. It is only after listening to the man make the same.inane.cretinous.mistakes time after time that we just break. He is too stupid to learn from his errors. That makes Noory inferior to even a flatworm.

Neil

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 29, 2012, 12:14:15 PM

I'll have to give this an early DING. 

scifinj

Quote from: Sardondi on December 29, 2012, 05:32:57 PM
It's like a rule of the universe: all new members say, "George is a nice guy, but...". I said it; we all said it. It is only after listening to the man make the same.inane.cretinous.mistakes time after time that we just break. He is too stupid to learn from his errors. That makes Noory inferior to even a flatworm.

Actually, I'm "new" only to this forum. Been a C2C listener since 1997 so I've been yelling at the radio (or tape) for a long time! No argument about the mistakes, etc. Just giving him the benefit of the doubt to him as a person. And, by the way, how can it be possible that Premier doesn't notice how bad it gets sometimes? WTF?

coaster

Noorys made some pretty snarky remarks in the past that makes me think he isnt such a good guy.

scifinj

Quote from: coaster on December 29, 2012, 05:49:53 PM
Noorys made some pretty snarky remarks in the past that makes me think he isnt such a good guy.

True, I've heard some of those, too.

Quote from: scifinj on December 29, 2012, 05:45:54 PM
... Just giving him the benefit of the doubt to him as a person...

Between his personal stories that don't quite ring true yet make him seem creepy, to the rudeness of refusing to come prepared or often seemingly not even listening to guests or callers, to his fixation on odd deaths and kids and animals in distress, to his lounge lizard act when a woman with a young sounding voice calls in or guests, to his condescention to women callers with older sounding voices, to his apparent outright lies - it's hard for me to make the case he's a 'nice guy'.

Noory seems to make the mistake of equating "bland" and "nice guy".

sleeplessinca

Quote from: Gensprite on December 28, 2012, 09:49:27 PM
I also just can't stand the leading questions... or should I say; he asks a lot of leading questions, don't you think?

sooooo obvious he is just reading questions from his screen

It's the leading questions - which he answers himself that are the most obvious that he is just reading off a screen and kind of interviewing himself! 
F'rinstance,  the guest has just said something like, "Then I saw the UFO rise up from behind the pyramid." 

Snoozy makes his move. "Do you believe in the paranormal?  I sure do believe there's a psychic internet and I'm scared of Ouiji boards.  They are the worst!"

<RRRRiipppp>, the guest veers off his clean run of interesting shit.  "Oh yes, paranormal is certainly thoughtworthy. . ."  and he's off only to be derailed again.

Or (a real Classic Snoorz move)

He will ask a teaser question, let the guest get up a head of steam and then  <rrrrrriippp>, cuts it off with a throw away line like "it sure is" or "you never can tell" and go bottom of the hour hard break never to return to the topic.   

Can people get blue balls from super bad interviews?

I absolutely hate his interview technique.

Neil

Quote from: sleeplessinca on December 29, 2012, 07:29:55 PM
It's the leading questions - which he answers himself that are the most obvious that he is just reading off a screen and kind of interviewing himself! 
F'rinstance,  the guest has just said something like, "Then I saw the UFO rise up from behind the pyramid." 

Snoozy makes his move. "Do you believe in the paranormal?  I sure do believe there's a psychic internet and I'm scared of Ouiji boards.  They are the worst!"

<RRRRiipppp>, the guest veers off his clean run of interesting shit.  "Oh yes, paranormal is certainly thoughtworthy. . ."  and he's off only to be derailed again.

Of all the things that drive me crazy during a show, this is without a doubt, #1.  When you are given a hanging slider, you have to hit that thing out of the ballpark, and not strike out.  Art was excellent at hitting those things out of the ballpark, which made for very captivating radio.