• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

MrHippie

Quote from: wotr1 on August 08, 2014, 04:48:15 AM
Edited now that I have found the truth...  Cover your ears if you are easily offended.

That lying little sleazy little fucker, George.  Yup.  Found it.  When he says that "they are great friends our ours", it is undoubtedly left over from the Bell days.  I had not realized that they had recorded DREADMONBOOGALOO on their XXX album.  It had to have been a nod to Coast and Bell (being as they mention ART and not George in the song...) I will post the lyrics at the end of this post.  I cannot imagine Noory sitting down with Dusty Hill for a beer.  Art, on the other hand?

Also, Ross Mitchell had done some voice work for them on that same album (and, unless I am mistaken, he did the voice on this track as well.)  Makes me think they are closer with Ross than Noory (that is to say they actually met Ross and probably have never talked with Noory.)  He truly is a sad little man wanting to look important.I noticed that George said that they are great friends of "OURS" when he referred to them and offered their services to Ventura.  I cannot imagine offering somebody else's services even if they are not famous without asking them first.  Unless Noory is pretty good friends and talks politics with the band members it seems arrogant and downright ignorant to offer the services of three people to work on a political campaign.  Noory is a typical sleazy name dropper who only does it because he knows he can worm his way out by promising to set something up on air (so he can look good publicly) and then just not delivering.

***Did I mention that George is a slimy person?*** 
Lyrics:
DROP THAT THING
DREAD, DREAD, DREAD
BOOGALOO, BOOGALOO
EAST OF THE ROCKIES
WEST OF THE ROCKIES
ON THE WILDCARD LINE
DREAD
THIS IS ART [YEAH YEAH]
DREAD
EAST OF THE ROCKIES
DREAD,
WEST OF THE ROCKIES
DREAD
ON THE WILDCARD LINE
BOOGALOO, BOOGALOO, BOOGALOO

ZZ Top / Dreadmonboogaloo
Thanks wotr1 for the link to this badass  ZZtop song with Ross Mitchell ! and pyewacket for the OP
Jorch is always saying things like "ran into" George Cloony or somebody which means he was in the same zipcode as them.
If he was just incompetent and self centered that would be one thing but he is a "sad little man wanting to look important" 
by lying constantly to a national audience.

NoMoreNoory

The C2C website is making a huge splash out of its 'new affiliate' WJAS 1320 AM in Pittsburgh. It is no such thing. Coast was on WPGB 104.7 FM, Pittsburgh's talk show station. It has been 'flipped' by Clear Channel into a (crap corporate Nashville Big Hat) Country station. All the big-hitters - Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck - are being shunted off to WJAS with Noory travelling with them like a flea on a dog. The shame is that WJAS was a great 'easy listening' station - Sinatra, Bennett et al - and has been for decades. First aired on August 4, 1922, to be precise. Not anymore. It and all it's DJs - including Chilly Billy Cardille - are history.

yumyumtree

diedinhouse.com

I tell you, our culture has to get over being so squeamish about death. If your dwelling is more than 50 years old, and has turned over enough times that you don't know all the previous residents, I think that there's a pretty good chance somebody died in it. If the place is over 100 years old, I think there's a good chance that there has been at least one death and one birth there. Guess what? People used to be born and die at home more than now, sometimes in the same beds, I'm guessing, maybe not the same mattresses, but the same beds. If you count outbuildings such as garages, tool sheds, farm buildings, etc. there are going to be even more deaths on the premises. My dad died in our barn and as far as I know it didnt bother anybody who lived there later. People in our society have to stop being such babies, or were in big trouble. Well, we already are, but you know.

BTW, tonight's show is practically a parody of itself.

Quote from: yumyumtree on August 08, 2014, 11:49:39 PM
diedinhouse.com

I tell you, our culture has to get over being so squeamish about death. If your dwelling is more than 50 years old, and has turned over enough times that you don't know all the previous residents, I think that there's a pretty good chance somebody died in it. If the place is over 100 years old, I think there's a good chance that there has been at least one death and one birth there. Guess what? People used to be born and die at home more than now, sometimes in the same beds, I'm guessing, maybe not the same mattresses, but the same beds. If you count outbuildings such as garages, tool sheds, farm buildings, etc. there are going to be even more deaths on the premises. My dad died in our barn and as far as I know it didnt bother anybody who lived there later. People in our society have to stop being such babies, or were in bug trouble. Well, we already are, but you know.

BTW, tonight's show is practically a parody of itself.

That is actually a big deal in Asian communities. They will tear down the house and build a new one when they change owners.

yumyumtree

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on August 08, 2014, 11:53:11 PM
That is actually a big deal in Asian communities. They will tear down the house and build a new one when they change owners.

Good heavens. There are people even more out if touch with reality than we are?

A couple of superstitious idiots buy a "death bed"--what could go wrong? I guess I'm just in a bad mood tonight.

michio

Quote from: MrHippie on August 08, 2014, 09:15:34 PM
Thanks wotr1 for the link to this badass  ZZtop song with Ross Mitchell ! and pyewacket for the OP
Jorch is always saying things like "ran into" George Cloony or somebody which means he was in the same zipcode as them.
If he was just incompetent and self centered that would be one thing but he is a "sad little man wanting to look important" 
by lying constantly to a national audience.

I feel I may wreak havoc if John Zaffis doesn't stop saying "wreak havoc' as frequently as sNooron says "as well." It's the little things in life that drive you crazy.

I vaguely recall sNoory telling a story about being at some event with one of the ZZ Top members who apparently was snoozing away in his chair.  Did I dream this in a nightmare or did sNoory relate this tired tale? 

Cool to know that song of the band included a nod to Art Bell. I didn't know that.  I can add their band to Crystal
Gayle who has written songs with Art in mind. Of course, sNoory has the acclaimed recording artist UFO Phil giving him a mention.   ::) 

WOTR

Fine... I owe that ass an apology.  It undoubtedly started with Art, but Noory has met them.  Still consider him a name dropping twit.  Just because you had somebody in studio for an interview does not give you the right to offer their services for a political campaign... (Pic from C2C's site...)

I never thought premier would make a change but coast is losing listeners in droves. I know other talk radio host are having similar problems. Talk radio is losing audiences, but when art was host he would mention that, and also how Coast was unaffected under him. His numbers actually went up while other sank.

Coast needs a game changer. I think Carnivora ads are less and less expensive. Under 3 million was unthinkable for coast even a few years ago. Now that's reality.

pyewacket

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 09, 2014, 09:25:30 AM
I never thought premier would make a change but coast is losing listeners in droves. I know other talk radio host are having similar problems. Talk radio is losing audiences, but when art was host he would mention that, and also how Coast was unaffected under him. His numbers actually went up while other sank.

Coast needs a game changer. I think Carnivora ads are less and less expensive. Under 3 million was unthinkable for coast even a few years ago. Now that's reality.

You may be right about talk radio- I can't speak for others, but I'm tired of listening to people talk about the same things over and over. I'm tired of the shrill scaremongering. I'm tired of propaganda. I'm tired of the spinning "no spin zone". I'm tired of people cashing in on everything. I guess I need to cut back- I only watch a bit of local news. Can't wait for The Walking Dead to come back!

WildCard

Quote from: pyewacket on August 09, 2014, 10:36:32 AM
You may be right about talk radio- I can't speak for others, but I'm tired of listening to people talk about the same things over and over. I'm tired of the shrill scaremongering. I'm tired of propaganda. I'm tired of the spinning "no spin zone". I'm tired of people cashing in on everything. I guess I need to cut back- I only watch a bit of local news. Can't wait for The Walking Dead to come back!
Hell yeah! And, AHS, SOA, . . .
I wish one of you new-age, whiz-kids would make a zombie george.
Or a Twilight Zone - The Man with No Soul.

expat

Quote from: onan on August 08, 2014, 03:41:31 PM
I am not sure what diagnoses were given, but choosing not to take a medication due to the medication having other alternative uses, might be a bit short sighted. Or not, everyone gets to choose the ride they take.

Don't worry about me, o spiller of seed. I opted for Plavixâ,,¢ -- or, these days, its much cheaper generic equiv.

ItsOver

Quote from: WildCard on August 09, 2014, 10:53:51 AM
Hell yeah! And, AHS, SOA, . . .
I wish one of you new-age, whiz-kids would make a zombie george.
Or a Twilight Zone - The Man with No Soul.
Speaking of the Twilight Zone, how about "To Serve Jorch." 

[attachimg=1]

Have a nice trip, Jorch!  I hear they serve all-you-can-eat turkey sandwiches on board!  Bawhahaaaaaaa!!!

ItsOver

Of course, Tommy is there to give Jorch one last goodbye smooch. ;)

[attachimg=1]

"Jorch, the book!  It's about how to turn you into a pizza roll!!!"

Izintit?

Talk about your  "empty (headed) calories" !

Nick el Ass

It seems the local radio station here in town has decided to cut off the last hour of The Neorge Goory Show on Fridays for a show about herbal supplements. This is the first time they have ever done this as the show has always been the lead into the local morning show. This is a station that has nothing, but talk radio with a man name Garrison who is best know for prosecuting Mike Tyson, Rush Limbaugh, Dana Loesch, etc...  Neorge sure is losing it fast.

FallenSeraph

Last night, George taught us a new word: "darnright," as in "Haunted antiques? That is darnright scary!"

Oh, George.  :-\

VtaGeezer

I believe that changes won't come until the 2016 political season opens in earnest this around time next year.  I still believe Wells was hired to transition C2C into fringe right politics but he went too far into psychosis-level paranoia.  It will be funny to witness Noory trying to transition into hard-edge right winger to keep his job.  He has no where to go...it will be real pathos.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Seraphim27 on August 09, 2014, 01:10:30 PM
Last night, George taught us a new word: "darnright," as in "Haunted antiques? That is darnright scary!"

Oh, George.  :-\
This is a delayed reaction, but about two weeks ago I cold swear I heard a guest say "Bet that chaps your ass, George".

UFQuack

Jorch's ego is so big it keeps his head in color on a black & white TV show.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on August 09, 2014, 01:16:00 PM
I believe that changes won't come until the 2016 political season opens in earnest this around time next year.  I still believe Wells was hired to transition C2C into fringe right politics but he went too far into psychosis-level paranoia.  It will be funny to witness Noory trying to transition into hard-edge right winger to keep his job.  He has no where to go...it will be real pathos.

None of rotating guest host are that way. You would think they would use this time to audition political host if they wanted to go that route. But lately premier actions are random, so who knows.

Personally I think they are goin to do the opposite of what they should do and go alternative medical heavy, and kill ratings even more.

Although the drop in ratings show that wells was right, he did prop up the numbers. 2.75 is pathetic for coast and premier knows it. Bellgab might be able to afford and ad now.

I wonder if premier will return to arts house with tail between legs, or if art would even let them in if they did.

ItsOver

Quote from: UFQuack on August 09, 2014, 02:06:30 PM
Jorch's ego is so big it keeps his head in color on a black & white TV show.

Jorch's head has crossed-over into the Land of Oz while his body is still stuck in Kansas. ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: nooryisawesome on August 09, 2014, 02:09:29 PM

...I wonder if premier will return to arts house with tail between legs, or if art would even let them in if they did.

I'd think Art not only burned his bridges with PremRat, he pretty much nuked them.  But who knows when it comes to Art and PremRat.  PremRat is still airing "Somewhere in Time" and I actually thought at one time Art was committed to doing Dark Matter.  ::)

yumyumtree

Quote from: VtaGeezer on August 09, 2014, 01:19:07 PM
This is a delayed reaction, but about two weeks ago I cold swear I heard a guest say "Bet that chaps your ass, George".
You did. It was David Wilcock, in the same creepy exchange in which they talked about outing a 6th grade girl who wasn't a virgin.

albrecht

Quote from: yumyumtree on August 09, 2014, 02:24:25 PM
You did. It was David Wilcock, in the same creepy exchange in which they talked about outing a 6th grade girl who wasn't a virgin.
And during the same exchange I think it was a dispute over a sandwich between Wilcock and George that lead to "chaps you ass George." The creepy 6th grade girl sex story, and "that's jailbate" exclamation by George, bit was a little later. An odd show, indeed. But it seems guests, even frequent guests, are beginning to take some shots at George. Ventura got in a few the other night like "if you were in the real Navy George."

ItsOver

C2C with Noory seems to be typical of so much I encounter these days.  Nobody, from the top to the bottom, seems interested in producing a quality product.  Just cater to the lowest denominator and shovel out crap until the doors are permanently closed and then wonder why it all came to an end. ::)

Morgus

Quote from: ItsOver on August 09, 2014, 03:48:46 PM
C2C with Noory seems to be typical of so much I encounter these days.  Nobody, from the top to the bottom, seems interested in producing a quality product.  Just cater to the lowest denominator and shovel out crap until the doors are permanently closed and then wonder why it all came to an end. ::)
and that also explains the proliferation of cheap "reality shows" on TV too...

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on August 09, 2014, 03:48:46 PM

Jeez this is so true.  It's like things are reversed where people supposedly providing a service act like they're doing you a favor so take it or leave it. 

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on August 09, 2014, 03:51:26 PM
and that also explains the proliferation of cheap "reality shows" on TV too...
and CGI or just eye-candy instead of acting or plots.