• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Stream! (No longer in service)

Started by fromwomewhere outthere, October 01, 2011, 11:51:55 PM

Lunger

Quote from: Morgus on August 01, 2013, 04:00:46 PM
I'm listening to a classic Art Bell show with Hoagland from 7/4/1997 right now on the stream and I recognized the voice of a caller who said he was from West Hartford, Conn.
Old Bill the amateur atheist astronomer was calling in to c2c even way back then...

That guy is a major douche!

Falkie2013

Thanks for the note of welcome. I've missed this place big time.

That little video clip makes me think there's a Snoory Ipad cartoon lurking around that needs to tie into it somehow.

I'm going to buy a receiver next month. I was going to buy it this month but ... never having had an Iphone before I loaded a bunch of apps onto my phone to keep track of walking, biking, dieting, water intake, losing weight and those eat up your data plan incredibly fast. So I wound up with a HUGE one time Verizon bill for my Iphone 4, this after the first one DIED in 8 days.

I looked on Sirius' site and can't figure out what plan to get to listen to Art's new show. I wrote them an email but no answer yet.

Anyone have any suggestions as to which plan I should get ? It would be appreciated.

I know I'm out of the historical stream of all these discussions on here but I wonder how long AB being back on the air ( assuming satellite radio is consider on the air  and not something else or a subset of radio ) until Art starts affecting Snoory's ratings.

And ... how long it will take for Snoory to whine about the " new competition. "

Will Art's first public caller be a call from JC ? I'm sure JC has years of stuff he's saved just waiting to dump it all over Art ! Fake or not, I got more laughs from those calls than anything on the air in years. Certainly not since KGO used to run old comedy bits on Saturday mornings years ago. I still have lots of comedy cds, videos and download classic stuff off of You Tube. And we might even get a call from Edna too. :P

Morgus

Quote from: Maggard on August 02, 2013, 01:45:34 PM
Are these links still valid?
the winamp stream link still works for me right now.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: Maggard on August 02, 2013, 01:45:34 PM
Are these links still valid?

I'm not having any luck getting the stream going.

Working fine for me with quicktime.  It's a blessing at work.

Spinner

lonevoice

I can still listen to it too.  I wish it would last forever, but thank you Linden2k for providing it as long as you have.   

MV/Liberace!

oh... i didn't know it was still running.

jazmunda

Quote from: MV on August 06, 2013, 10:43:52 PM
oh... i didn't know it was still running.

As of this post it's still working.

Currently playing - June 19 1997 - Phoenix Lights

linden2k

Quote from: jazmunda on August 06, 2013, 11:29:40 PM
As of this post it's still working.

Currently playing - June 19 1997 - Phoenix Lights

yeah, this playlist is going to finish. it should be done in the next day or two, then it's curtains. obama wants to make streaming a felony.  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/08/05/sopa-died-in-2012-but-obama-administration-wants-to-revive-part-of-it/

Tinfoil Hat

Thank you for keeping this going as long as you have, linden2k. I'm most grateful for having been able to enjoy it.

BobGrau

Quote from: linden2k on August 07, 2013, 12:38:27 PM
obama wants to make streaming a felony.

Obviously a noory fan.

Thanks for the ride, linden!

Heather Wade

I love the stream so much.  Thanks a million Linden.
Wish it would never end.   :'(

Jnthn932

Damn. I just got six calls in a row from people asking me if I was getting the stream. Sad to see it go.

QAPete

yeah, this playlist is going to finish. it should be done in the next day or two, then it's curtains. obama wants to make streaming a felony.  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/08/05/sopa-died-in-2012-but-obama-administration-wants-to-revive-part-of-it/

Thanks for helping fill the gap until the new show starts, Linden.  You're a stand-up guy.

Lunger

You know.... just when you though Obama couldn't suck any more!

What the hell is he gonna go next?  ( I am actually afraid to ask )

ponyboysunset

Thanks Linden so much for all the hard work and awesomeness that was the stream!

Spinner

Sad to see it end (again).
Thanks for all you've done, Linden.  :)

The General

dammit.  now what do I listen to. 

I can't even listen to Noory if I wanted to, he's not on in the Seattle area.

dan7800

I 100% understand why you took it down, but last night when I was trying to fall asleep I had to listen to Noory. Seriously, Noory. I gave up after 2 minutes and put on a sports talk radio show.

QAPete

Quote from: The General on August 14, 2013, 10:58:32 PM

I can't even listen to Noory if I wanted to, he's not on in the Seattle area.

There is another...

That Boy Is Our Last Hope...

Morgus

Quote from: The General on August 14, 2013, 10:58:32 PM
there are several active Art Bell streams on the free Shoutcast internet service, available from a PC and various internet devices including smart media players and TVs.
just do a search for "Art Bell" at www.shoutcast.com