No
Quote from: jinwicked on August 08, 2012, 12:56:20 PM
people
- LMH in the window
- Alex Jones in the chat w/ P90X George avatar
- Glynis McCants in the picture frame
- Hoagland on the See 'N Say

also
- forgotten guest books (research) and decent topics (alien book)
- Georgie the Riveter ("I can do it!" I might remake this bigger.)
- emergency FUD

Wish I ran into this earlier! Glad I caught the Numbers Lady in any case

Anyway wow, good work man

ItsOver

Of course!  The mystery of  "Sumthin is gonna happen SOON..... I can feel it!" explained.   After stuffing down a can or so of beans, no wonder Snoory feels that way.  ;D  ;D

Blazing Saddles --Farting Cowboys- Greatest Fart Scene of All Time

"Folks, there are no coincidences."  ;)

ziznak

Alrighty then! How many masochists are tuning in tonight?? I'm rolling the dice again just due to my favorite psuedo-science subject coming up.  Good ol' Nibiru Planet X.  good stuff!
Sitch would be so proud his delusion lives on and on!!

jinwicked

This woman basically said the more intelligent a person is, the more difficult it is to convince them of her bullshit.

stevesh

The first caller for the two latter guests wanted to talk about meeting some grays and (I think) asking them to remove his wisdom teeth (or something like that).

Has anyone here actually called the show and gotten through ? Did the screener ask you what you wanted to talk about ? Did Danheiser know that guy wanted to talk about his dentistry, and put the idiot on the air anyway ?

WOTR

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on August 01, 2012, 07:58:21 PM
I don't listen to George, so didn't hear this show, obviously, but don't automatically assume quackery.  Lots of recent studies published in leading journals are finding increasing evidence that imaging as a screening mechanism causes more harm than good.
Lots of links in this article:http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2012/08/ct_scans_and_cancer_is_your_doctor_increasing_your_risk_with_all_that_medical_imaging_.html
This one, for example: http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1182553
I really have not been around to reply lately.  The radio has been off and books are open instead, so I missed this.

The links that you provide talk about the increased risk of cancer due to CT scans.  The last link specifically says Legislators could get involved as well, as was done toward the standardizing of doses used in mammography through the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA); this successful effort can be a model for how legislation can optimize use of radiation in medical imaging.

To me that sounds like the Dr in that study hold out mammography as an example of how best to reduce the doses of radiation.  It does not say that they are perfectly safe- but that was a paper on the dangers of using CT scans too often.  She actually calls it a successful effort and suggests using it as a model- it does not sound like she believes that they should never be used.  That was the only specific reference to mammograms in that link- the rest was referencing CT scans.

The Dr. on that show was also saying that you should not bother with traditional treatment and opt for nutrition instead.  He may be right about cancer (though I doubt it- I think he is just running a typical last hope scam to separate desperate people and their money before they die.)  Even if he is correct, you still need to have a physician to help you.  To just advocate not getting tested and not seeking treatment on late night radio is irresponsible, stupid and a sleazy thing to do (not that I expect anything else from Coast lately...)

This reminds me a lot of the autism / vaccine controversy.  The vast majority of the medical profession comes down on the one side, but there are some qualified physicians who disagree.  Until there is more solid proof that getting tested will kill you I think it is probably best to stick with the recommendation of the Cancer society and the vast majority. People are free to decide which they want- and if the Dr. just presented it as something for people to look into I would not mind.  He presented it as fact and basically told people to just take their vitamins and not worry.  I assume when people discover they are in the advanced stages of cancer and their doctors say it is too late because there was no early detection people can always mortgage their houses and see the good Dr. at his private cancer treatment clinic where he will happily try his hardest to cure you with his alternative methods... for a price.

Jasmine

Haven't been around here much lately; life has an irksome habit of getting in the way. I also haven't tuned into C2C for a while now, but did the other night, and while I can appreciate the gentleman from the University of Hawaii and his Easter Island research and subsequent findings...I dunno...perhaps I was "off" last night, but I found myself bored and detached from his ramblings re moving the statues. This could have been done in half an hour, in my opinion.

Then...the two freaking eejit Texas bible thumpers and their 'Alien Agenda' (nice rip-off of Marrs', guys) and their unbelievably inane and retard ramblings (which, by the by, have been dished out many many times before, so their research is basically stolen from other sources). Snorry has the cajones to announce this was going to be a "classic" show with these two Deliverance boys on the air. I was waiting for the banjo in the background.

And did anyone else catch Snorry's lame Muppet/Jim Henson joke? I KNEW it was coming...and laughed AT him as he lamented that nobody got his witty joke.

Go suck a lemon, George. Or, better yet, go suck the exhaust out of a car's exhaust pipe...engine running, of course.

Jasmine

Quote from: stevesh on August 09, 2012, 03:42:35 AM
The first caller for the two latter guests wanted to talk about meeting some grays and (I think) asking them to remove his wisdom teeth (or something like that).

Has anyone here actually called the show and gotten through ? Did the screener ask you what you wanted to talk about ? Did Danheiser know that guy wanted to talk about his dentistry, and put the idiot on the air anyway ?

A couple of years back, I attempted to call albeit could not get through. Long time caller, first time listener! LOL! Danheiser (like Lyon) is a totallly useless ass-hat wanker who (me thinks) truly couldn't give a rat's ass about anything but his damn paycheck.

b_dubb

Hello Jasmine ... how are things?

Noory sucks

expat

Quote from: stevesh on August 09, 2012, 03:42:35 AM
Has anyone here actually called the show and gotten through ? Did the screener ask you what you wanted to talk about ?
Yes, I did. I gave Tommy a brief and almost true account of what I wanted to ask, and he replied tersely "So what's the question?" -- I guess he needed a quickie to post to George's screen and couldn't find the words himself.

That was the famous occasion in November 2010 when Mike Bara was on plugging his dismally inaccurate book, and point-blank refused to answer the question. George cut me off. Astroguy made an amusing podcast out of it on the first anniversary:

http://podcast.sjrdesign.net/shownotes_010.php

Morgus

You should have known that Noory says he won't allow debating or questioning his guest's facts at all.
He wants the show to be non debatable, thats why he never has a guest on that pushes a position opposite to his key beliefs like on abiotic oil and global warming.

rangers1919

Quote from: stevesh on August 08, 2012, 03:42:06 AM
Lisa Lyon -

Next time, please switch things around and let the two nitwit 'the-earth-is-six-thousand-years-old' bible thumpers blabber on about the Anti-Christ and the Rapture for the first hour, and give the three hour slot to the very interesting and articulate University of Hawaii professor describing how the people on Easter Island moved those huge stone statues.

Just sayin'.

Oh, and George Noory sucked, as usual.

I didn't hear that one, but of course the long one goes to the Bible thumper, we already know how they moved the stones. Aliens, because even today we couldn't do that with our technology right?

ItsOver

Quote from: Jasmine on August 09, 2012, 12:59:45 PM
Haven't been around here much lately; life has an irksome habit of getting in the way. I also haven't tuned into C2C for a while now, but did the other night, and while I can appreciate the gentleman from the University of Hawaii and his Easter Island research and subsequent findings...I dunno...perhaps I was "off" last night, but I found myself bored and detached from his ramblings re moving the statues. This could have been done in half an hour, in my opinion.

Then...the two freaking eejit Texas bible thumpers and their 'Alien Agenda' (nice rip-off of Marrs', guys) and their unbelievably inane and retard ramblings (which, by the by, have been dished out many many times before, so their research is basically stolen from other sources). Snorry has the cajones to announce this was going to be a "classic" show with these two Deliverance boys on the air. I was waiting for the banjo in the background.

And did anyone else catch Snorry's lame Muppet/Jim Henson joke? I KNEW it was coming...and laughed AT him as he lamented that nobody got his witty joke.

Go suck a lemon, George. Or, better yet, go suck the exhaust out of a car's exhaust pipe...engine running, of course.

Welcome back, Jaz.  It's good to know you can count on certain things in life.  Snoory still sucks.

Jasmine

Quote from: b_dubb on August 09, 2012, 02:49:18 PM
Hello Jasmine ... how are things?

Noory sucks

Hey, b_dubb, things are great...I hatch my youngin' next month, and I feel like a container of Jiffy Pop popcorn on the stove...you know, the foil container just keeps getting larger and larger! Thank Buddha for air-conditioning. All is well and hope all is well in your world.

Oh...speaking of popcorn, I had to laugh out loud at Noory (a given) as he was mentioning on his "news" segment that studies show - and this is exactly how he said it...

"shtudies show that movie popcorn and itsh buttery contentsh may lead to alheimers disease."

ziznak

Quote from: Jasmine on August 10, 2012, 07:44:48 AM
Hey, b_dubb, things are great...I hatch my youngin' next month, and I feel like a container of Jiffy Pop popcorn on the stove...you know, the foil container just keeps getting larger and larger! Thank Buddha for air-conditioning. All is well and hope all is well in your world.

Has yer belly button cooking timer popped out yet??  This kids gonna be born with all sorts of anti-Noory sentiments ingrained in it's psyche from your prenatal coastgabbing... glad all is well.  hadn't seen you around in a while.

Rico999

I think the "news" segment is a pretty good barometer of the Snooron's psyche.   Last night's edition was an episode in the usual weirdness, starting out with George's concern for little kids pulling heavy objects or furniture over onto themselves -- he mentioned that it was his "phobia" when his own kids were little.   Add to that the usual gore and misfortune -- some poor guy in Texas suffered 300 stings from "killer bees," and Mitch Battros gave an extended report that was utterly incomprehensible.    Something about how the Earth's core in addition to the Sun have this effect on weather.  We're glad that he's "monitoring the situation," that's for sure...

ShayP

Quote from: Rico999 on August 10, 2012, 09:52:08 AM
I think the "news" segment is a pretty good barometer of the Snooron's psyche.   Last night's edition was an episode in the usual weirdness, starting out with George's concern for little kids pulling heavy objects or furniture over onto themselves -- he mentioned that it was his "phobia" when his own kids were little.   Add to that the usual gore and misfortune -- some poor guy in Texas suffered 300 stings from "killer bees," and Mitch Battros gave an extended report that was utterly incomprehensible.    Something about how the Earth's core in addition to the Sun have this effect on weather.  We're glad that he's "monitoring the situation," that's for sure...

I was going to post the same thing!  I like how he put the plea to furniture makers around the world to come up with ways where the furniture would not topple.  Uhhhh.....furniture has been made in the same model for a very long time.  Hundreds of years.  The only difference is the materials that make it.  I guess all dressers and wardrobes should be made in pyramid form so they don't topple.  Jeez!  I'm glad George's kids survived the dreaded "furniture toppling phase" of childhood learning.  Fuck you George Noory.  I wish you would've climbed a 30 foot armoire and your sibling kicked it while you were on top.  Jagoff.

Jasmine

Quote from: Rico999 on August 10, 2012, 09:52:08 AM

Georgie Snorry loves the little children, all the children of the world. Red and yellow, black and white, mangled and twisted and losing their sight. Georgie loves the little children of the world!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ShayP on August 10, 2012, 12:27:45 PM
I was going to post the same thing!  I like how he put the plea to furniture makers around the world to come up with ways where the furniture would not topple.  Uhhhh.....furniture has been made in the same model for a very long time.  Hundreds of years.  The only difference is the materials that make it.  I guess all dressers and wardrobes should be made in pyramid form so they don't topple.  Jeez!  I'm glad George's kids survived the dreaded "furniture toppling phase" of childhood learning.  Fuck you George Noory.  I wish you would've climbed a 30 foot armoire and your sibling kicked it while you were on top.  Jagoff.

i lol'ed at this post. 

welcome back, jasmine.

Grimace

I thought I'd try to entertain myself and catch up with the "August 09 2012 - Animals & Health" show on Youtube...

Already 15 minutes along and Noory has fucking pissed me off. Has this shit-for-brains ever owned a pet, has he ever gone through a pet getting ill, let alone terminally-ill? He seems amazed that pets share our same diseases then even lets out a fucking ill-mannered chuckle at some point. What a fucking shithead. Fuck you, Noory. Fuck you. I feel compelled to knock this schmoozer sleaze-ball's fucking front teeth out.

"PUtZ get Obe33z3?" he says in his stroke-mouth, throat filled with shit voice.

I hate you, George Noory. I want to teabag that stupid Wario-wannabe face of your's. Suck on my hairy fucking manpouch you god damned idiot bitch. Don't pretend be concerned about animal-testing on products, those abused creatures are ten times the MAN you will ever be.

ziznak

http://ghostofcoast.blogspot.com/2007/04/somebody-needs-to-report-noory-to-spca.html
I could never imagine Noory being a pet owner.  He can barely relate to other human beings much less a different species.

Grimace

Quote from: ziznak on August 11, 2012, 01:44:41 AM
http://ghostofcoast.blogspot.com/2007/04/somebody-needs-to-report-noory-to-spca.html
I could never imagine Noory being a pet owner.  He can barely relate to other human beings much less a different species.

Oh man, I admit it was pretty buzzed when I wrote my last post... not that it changes my sentiment. Thanks for this link, sad stuff.

"Somebody needs to put Noory in a fucking cage. What a creep."

Grimace

Quote from: expat on August 09, 2012, 05:18:57 PM
That was the famous occasion in November 2010 when Mike Bara was on plugging his dismally inaccurate book, and point-blank refused to answer the question. George cut me off. Astroguy made an amusing podcast out of it on the first anniversary:

Bara is such a child, he responds as if you called him a fattie as opposed to pointing out an error in his book. Of course Noory just schmoozes as usual, most likely with a mouth filled with beans.  ;D "An Attacker!"

ziznak

Quote from: expat on August 09, 2012, 05:18:57 PM
Astroguy made an amusing podcast out of it on the first anniversary:

Enjoyed listening to this podcast again.  Poor Mike Bara! he's got Expat all obsessed about him.  I love how he explains the situation to George like you're some sort of maniac in a dark room writing gibberish on the walls.  And then George's little "we all have our haters out there" or whatever he was saying. 

Grimace your drunken anti-noory post was amusing... there's nothing like reading somebody really let loose on ol snoore's.  I especially liked these little gems:

"I want to teabag that stupid Wario-wannabe face of your's. Suck on my hairy fucking manpouch you god damned idiot bitch." --good stuff!

Sardondi

Quote from: ziznak on August 11, 2012, 08:20:11 AM....Grimace your drunken anti-noory post was amusing... there's nothing like reading somebody really let loose on ol snoore's.  I especially liked these little gems:

"I want to teabag that stupid Wario-wannabe face of your's. Suck on my hairy fucking manpouch you god damned idiot bitch." --good stuff!

Wow. Now, I'm a fan of the theory that catharsis might bring healing. And many times I've expressed my deep antipathy toward Noory; my repugnance for his style and substance. After all, it is the "George Noory Sucks" thread.

But I have to admit I'm lined up with ziznak here. Perhaps "Grimace" knew what he was doing when he chose his username, since that is what I involuntarily did on reading a couple of his posts.

It's always fun around here, though, when people who have felt constrained from expressing their true feelings about Noory finally get a chance to just let 'er rip. It's like WWII soldiers in the ETO who were stuck in the lines for weeks or months and then got a pass into Paris. Often they went crazy in an orgy of indulging all the passions, urges and needs they'd been forced by circumstance to ignore and deny. And occasional excess was - and is - unavoidable

I listened to about 10 minutes of Friday's open lines. At one point George got a call from someone saying his mom died when he was 12, and now his son is 12 and the mom is coming back again. George asked, "Oh my, how old was your son when your mom died!"? The man replied, "He wasn't alive yet." George said , "Ohh my goshhhhh, jeeezzzsh." 
Yep, so that is open lines with George Noory.

Sardondi

Quote from: HorrorReporter on August 12, 2012, 05:43:02 AM...At one point George got a call from someone saying his mom died when he was 12, and now his son is 12 and the mom is coming back again. George asked, "Oh my, how old was your son when your mom died!"? The man replied, "He wasn't alive yet." George said , "Ohh my goshhhhh, jeeezzzsh." ...

Drat. For a moment there I thought a caller had gotten away with telling George his own mother had died before he himself had been born.

*sigh* It would have been legendary.

Scully

Same Friday night show as all the other goofball Snoory stuff listed above:

George talked about the article featured on the Coast website re the Chinese woman who had a spider living in her ear.  The article said saline solution was used to wash it out.  Noory's version was that doctors used "cyanide" solution.

Priceless.  My main reason for listening.  ;)

ShayP

Oh yeah! This just occurred to me.  A few nights ago George was talking about a common friend he had with Prince Albert of Monaco and how he met the Prince and became friends.  I was like....really????  Noory is always fishing for complements, or making statements about who he knows, or mentioning his 9 years in the Navy (Thank you for your service *yawn*)
He likens himself to some kind of Sage that can give you wisdom. And of course he fancies himself a singer...tries to be humble about it, but can't stop fishing for those compliments...UGH!  Last Friday a woman called in and wants to sing a duet with him. I threw up in my mouth a little.

ItsOver

Quote from: Scully on August 14, 2012, 05:13:54 AM
Same Friday night show as all the other goofball Snoory stuff listed above:

George talked about the article featured on the Coast website re the Chinese woman who had a spider living in her ear.  The article said saline solution was used to wash it out.  Noory's version was that doctors used "cyanide" solution.

Priceless.  My main reason for listening.  ;)

;D   ;D  I heard a replay of Friday on my local station last night.  Some caller actually requested George play that old recording of some dude on a phone supposedly watching an old lady beating some guy.  George stated he couldn't do it for several months since they'd recently played it and he didn't want to wear it out.  Of course, this was soon followed by Simple George announcing he'd be closing the show again with UFO Phil.  :o  Snoory is beyond belief.