• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WhiteCrow

Quote from: cylon on April 22, 2015, 04:46:07 AM
Howdy! I am a Art Bell fan originally from The Netherlands but I have living in LA for a long time. I am very excited about Art new show and I will make a subscription to listen. I am very happy about the news. Art is very much better than Georg Noree. I do not want to listen to the Coast to Coast show one minute longer. Thank you.

Art is very much better than Georg Noree.
You nailed that one!!!  Welcome aboard cylon.

MV/Liberace!

Howdy! I am a Art Bell fan originally from The Netherlands but I have living in LA for a long time. I am very excited about Art new show and I will make a subscription to listen. I am very happy about the news. Art is very much better than Georg Noree. I do not want to listen to the Coast to Coast show one minute longer. Thank you.

Hey there. Glad you signed up.

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on April 21, 2015, 10:07:46 PM
As far as Pirates are concerned John (Caravan) had a big problem with them and hired a guy and gave him a company email addy, after taking them down day after day the problem got less and less. That's why I think we can do the same thing, the main problem is going to be UTube. On there it's 3 strikes then your account is trashed.

My guess is you all will be really good at that. Lol. It takes one to catch one, right?

Art
*eye shift*  Uh, yeah.  There might be somebody around here who might be able to look at that situation, should it arise.

paladin1991

Quote from: Falkie2013 on April 21, 2015, 11:15:33 PM

I paid tjo listen to him on Sirius and WILL pay to listen to him now as well. 
Did you use your moms credit card?

I ust wish his poor aching back could get fixed once and for all.
If only money could fix that. ... :-[
So you could McGyver a way to get your hands on somebody elses money? Again?

Back to your thread.  Go on now, trundle back to your thread.  Shoo!  *waves hands in a go away motion*

paladin1991

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on April 22, 2015, 01:23:02 AM
Did you ever read Heidegger?  You just summarized in one paragraph what it took him a book to write.  Nice.
Heidegger Cliff Notes.

sorefinger

Quote from: Art Bell on April 21, 2015, 11:31:00 AM
So many technical issues solved. Now if I could only cure my back problems. If I had to be on today I would not be on, holy crap it is sore. I am headed to the Doctor this Afternoon. I really got cheated when God issued backs.

Art

For a long time I'd* been suffering with back issues, ever since that day when I bent over to pick up my shoes and a sharp pain struck me in the lower back.  (* Emphasis on past-perfect tense because I no longer suffer.)  No amount of medical intervention had ever helped, except bed rest, which eventually always brought relief but only until the next episode would set me back again.  Exercise and doctor visits only made things worse. My experience at Mayo Clinic was so horrible, I've never been to a doctor for back pain since.  Each year my lower back got worse and worse, until a few years ago I could no longer ride a horse, much less even climb to the saddle. Getting in and out of confined spaces, such as my car, was very painful. Sometimes I needed help getting out of bed in the morning. My last straw was when I nearly lost control of my car because the pain of lifting my foot to the brake pedal was just too agonizing. It dawned on me that I could easily end up in a fatal situation if I didn't do something to correct the back pain. That's when I began researching, literally day and night for months.  Finally, in the fashion of a blind sow stumbling upon an acorn, I eventually ended up on the subject of mineral deficiency. By adjusting my diet that favored high nutrient density foods, such as wild Alaska salmon, nuts, and mineral fortified organic produce, I began to see some real relief and improvements in my lower back. However, I wasn't satisfied with the results completely. There was something else, besides mineral deficiency, that was the cause of my back pain. So I resumed my research again. That's when I discovered that there are non-nutrients in certain foods, one of which that actually blocks absorption of vital minerals, such as magnesium, iron, zinc, etc., deficiencies of which promote inflammation, joint deterioration, cancer, it goes on and on. Phytic acid is the name of the culprit that had been responsible for my back pain. It wasn't that my diet didn't have enough minerals and nutrients but, instead, it was the phytic acid that interfered with the absorption of vital nutrients -- building blocks that are needed daily to keep our back in optimum condition. Just as soon as I swore off foods with phytic acid, I began to realize improvement within days. Each passing week has brought new mobility. The pain has virtually disappeared altogether, making it actually possible for me to engage in activities as a teenager again, further improving circulation that can only improve nutrient absorption. All this in a short span of a year or so.  I figure that by Christmas I should be able to do a double backflip.

The foods containing phytic acid are grains, nuts, tubers, seeds and beans.  In other words, pizza, beer, pasta, peanut butter, Mexican dishes, potatoes, bread, bakery items, nachos, chili, pretty much everything in the standard Western diet.

It would be presumptuous to blame phytic acid, alone.  Phytates represent just one of many anti-nutrients in grains, nuts, tubers, seeds and beans. These include oxalates, tannins, trypsin inhibitors, enzyme inhibitors, lectins (hemagglutinins), protease inhibitors, gluten, alpha-amylase inhibitors and alkylresorcinols.  In other words, by avoiding foods with these non nutrients, one can expect to resolve many other health issues, too.

QuoteArt is very much better than Georg Noree.
I know MV said that nominating something for top right quote automatically disqualifies it, so here's some reverse psychology - I DO NOT nominate this for top right quote.

Also cylon, welcome to Bellgab, so say we all. :D

John

Quote from: drksd4848 on April 21, 2015, 12:10:08 PM
With regard to the Youtube pirates, cut them off at the pass:

This may be a no-brainer and it may have already been suggested, but in case it hasn't

Make sure you have your producer pull two or three teaser clips, (maybe a minute a piece) from your show that highlight the guest/topic from the previous night.  Stick them on youtube for free.

Infact, make sure your show has a big presence on Youtube to divert people who are sneaking around looking for the entire show.  The best defense is a good offense...

I work in television, so I kind of know the drill for this.  People try to steal our crap all the time.

This is a great advice. But the clips should be longer than just a minute or two. Get the watchers hooked and leave them wanting more.

Jeff Rense has 15 minute clips and he consistently gets around ten thousand views per a clip ( https://www.youtube.com/user/JRense/videos ).

sorefinger

Quote from: phrodo on April 22, 2015, 02:39:26 AM
Then maybe those with chronic back issues should start a thread titled "how I fixed my aching fucking back" .. maybe? Art has stated several times that he isn't interested in your stories or remedies. But maybe you don't care? So free rein yourself to a different thread... or don't ... I frankly could giveafuck less. mostly. Just a bit tired of back stories .. but at least HIS is relevant to the upcoming show.

I posted my story because it may be relevant for anyone who has back issues.  We still have the First Amendment. Your post is not more important than mine.

albrecht

Quote from: John on April 22, 2015, 11:02:58 AM
This is a great advice. But the clips should be longer than just a minute or two. Get the watchers hooked and leave them wanting more.

Jeff Rense has 15 minute clips and he consistently gets around ten thousand views per a clip ( https://www.youtube.com/user/JRense/videos ).
I would go further even and look at Alex Jone's model of leveraging "free" into making a lot of money and getting much exposure. However, as another poster mentioned mentioning Alex or Jeff, due to their politics, makes people uncomfortable. But ignoring the content/politics their model appears to work rather well.

wr250

Quote from: albrecht on April 22, 2015, 11:14:05 AM
I would go further even and look at Alex Jone's model of leveraging "free" into making a lot of money and getting much exposure. However, as another poster mentioned mentioning Alex or Jeff, due to their politics, makes people uncomfortable. But ignoring the content/politics their model appears to work rather well.

not going to go with the hookers and blackjack model ?

deadmeow

Alex and Jeff both have unique shows, love them or hate them.  With so many vanilla shows out there, I believe it is healthy to hear independent news and opinions.

Perhaps an "official" Art Bell channel on youtube that had short minute clips from each show, uploaded a week after airing or something like that would help draw listeners.  Any form of advertising would be helpful before the new show starts and after.

Tarbaby

Quote from: Art Bell on April 19, 2015, 09:37:50 PM
Would you all try this link and tell me how many can get it and what you think it's 32AAC+  http://tunein.com/radio/Skylyne-Radio-Party-Mix-s244485/

Art
coming in 5 x 5 on my iPhone six. Sounds good.

starrmtn001

Quote from: MV on April 22, 2015, 12:01:34 AM
Jeeze. That sounds like a pleasure.
Oh, no doubt (sarcasm)!  I've been dealing with SDDD for many years.  Physical therapy and, occasionally, ye olde pain meds, have seen me through, but it's been wearing on me these last few years.  The doctor said I'd have to have back surgery eventually, but I'm not going to go that route.  However, if a really "Star Trekky" procedure is developed in the near future, I may change me mind.

Quote from: phrodo on April 22, 2015, 02:39:26 AM
Then maybe those with chronic back issues should start a thread titled "how I fixed my aching fucking back" .. maybe? Art has stated several times that he isn't interested in your stories or remedies. But maybe you don't care? So free rein yourself to a different thread... or don't ... I frankly could giveafuck less. mostly. Just a bit tired of back stories .. but at least HIS is relevant to the upcoming show.
. . . and to the self-appointed forum Nazi I say, if ya don't like it, DON'T LOOK!  ;)

laserjock

Art should do a show where he invites Bender on, Bender could go through his list of "solutions" to the world's problems.

paladin1991

Quote from: sorefinger on April 22, 2015, 11:09:59 AM
I posted my story because it may be relevant for anyone who has back issues.  We still have the First Amendment. Your post is not more important than mine.
No.  Just more readable.

paladin1991

Quote from: laserjock on April 22, 2015, 11:57:09 AM
Art should do a show where he invites Bender on, Bender could go through his list of "solutions" to the world's problems.
I wonder what ART sounds like on a Bender...."Caller, You are on the air and I could give a fuck!"

Nick el Ass

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 22, 2015, 11:59:47 AM
I wonder what ART sounds like on a Bender...."Caller, You are on the air and I could give a fuck!"

Nope. That sounds like Noory on any given night followed by ordering Tommy around. "Tommy fetch me a turkey sammich, and help me because my pants are falling down."

Marc.Knight

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 22, 2015, 11:59:47 AM

or, "Caller, You are on the air and my back feels great!"

Quote from: deadmeow on April 22, 2015, 11:42:53 AMAny form of advertising would be helpful before the new show starts and after.
Add Art Bell's name to anything and people will notice. I do. :0)

Tarbaby

Quote from: Art Bell on April 20, 2015, 04:31:26 PM
Ok this is really cool, try this link and compare, the 48k vs higher MP3 stream. Opinions please.

http://tunein.com/radio/8Radiocom-943-s162354/?streamid=5242519

Art
Quality not as good as the first test, on my iPhone six.

cweb

Quote from: laserjock on April 22, 2015, 12:50:16 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_DiMaggio

He'd be a fun guest.
He did a documentary not too long ago called "I Know That Voice!" It was about voice acting, of course.

Really fun to watch, especially if you like cartoons or the VO business.

sorefinger

Welcome!  I have many fond memories of The Netherlands, especially Texel, Eindhoven & Best, where stands the Wings of Liberation Museum, which pays tribute to Operation Market Garden, the Allied invasion that liberated the Dutch from the Nazis during September of 1945, a few months after D Day.  Its profound that the Dutch still appreciate what the Allies did for them during World War 2.  Even to this day, children of Dutch survivors continue to maintain the graves of Allied soldiers killed in action.  It's a matter of national pride for teachers to take their school children on outings to the graves of Allied soldiers.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: John on April 22, 2015, 11:02:58 AM

There is something very wrong about Rense. It's hard to imagine that that is his real hair for a start, and he gives too much time to some real wack-jobs that would be better of muttering to themselves in a hospital bed somewhere. Just to name one of his favourite guests (or used to be, but it has been some time since I have listened to him) the barking mad Tim Rifat. I remember looking at his website years ago, and it offered you all sorts of Jedi mind tricks to help you put the evil eye on any bastard that wanted to get the better of you. My favourite was the 'burn your enemies in hell service.

Catsmile

Welcome aboard, it will be good to hear Art again, we can catch up on things such as his cats and all that...   

Catsmile

Quote from: deadmeow on April 22, 2015, 04:56:39 AM
I just remembered something.  One advantage of Midnight in the Desert vs Sirius Dark Matter is that people outside of North America can subscribe to it.  The show's callers will definitely have a different flavor from terrestrial radio and satellite radio.

That brings up a burning question...
Will Art except Bitcoin?

albrecht

Quote from: sorefinger on April 22, 2015, 01:12:53 PM
Welcome!  I have many fond memories of The Netherlands, especially Texel, Eindhoven & Best, where stands the Wings of Liberation Museum, which pays tribute to Operation Market Garden, the Allied invasion that liberated the Dutch from the Nazis during September of 1945, a few months after D Day.  Its profound that the Dutch still appreciate what the Allies did for them during World War 2.  Even to this day, children of Dutch survivors continue to maintain the graves of Allied soldiers killed in action.  It's a matter of national pride for teachers to take their school children on outings to the graves of Allied soldiers.
Fond memories of the NL also, Eindhoven particularly. Sept 18 celebrations (day city was liberated) and many of the streets named after Allied commanders. The American cemetery near Margraten is beautiful and so damn sad. De Boeren number 1 in Eredivisie again this year!