• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Dyna-X

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 12, 2018, 01:25:09 AM
Krispy Kreme's are terrible
Not terrible in a pinch, but highly overrated.

GravitySucks

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 12, 2018, 01:42:19 AM
What's weirding me out is that my birthday is on Monday.  Wonder what Heather is gonna give me for my bday?

Well, we know it’s not about her.

Savage

Quote from: Kolchak on May 12, 2018, 01:30:04 AM
Keith brought down LNM radio with his hacking skills. While running running the board for Dave simultaneously!

HW's first new show: Wizard Keith Hexed My Site

Epaphroditus

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 12, 2018, 01:35:54 AM
I'd imagine certain things don't get triggered until she goes live...  After that, then papers will be filed and who knows how long before it is sorted out.  As pointed out, her just announcing it could have started the ball rolling.

Your making the mistake of assuming that Keith is trying to stop her , according to this forum and others  he never wanted her  .

As for the name MITD , Keith only owns his domain not the name which originated with Crystal Gayle and was mentioned on the Gabcast by Heather before there was a MITD domain  .

zeebo

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 12, 2018, 01:44:46 AM
Not terrible in a pinch, but highly overrated.

Still, amazing how they can pack that much sugar and air into such a small amount of actual food.

Kolchak

Quote from: Epaphroditus on May 12, 2018, 01:49:34 AM

Your making the mistake of assuming that Keith is trying to stop her , according to this forum and others  he never wanted her  .

As for the name MITD , Keith only owns his domain not the name which originated with Crystal Gayle and was mentioned on the Gabcast by Heather before there was a MITD domain  .

Only Keith, Heater and the lawyers know.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kolchak on May 12, 2018, 01:50:36 AM
Only Keith, Heater and the lawyers know.
^This

Keith has been tight-lipped. He has alluded to the fact she has the same noncompete as Art had. If so, it would he hard for her to argue she wasn’t competing when she is using the same name, same music, same subscription model, and same time slot.  Not to mention using artbelllegacy.com as her domain name.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 12, 2018, 01:55:00 AM
^This

Keith has been tight-lipped. He has alluded to the fact she has the same noncompete as Art had. If so, it would he hard for her to argue she wasn’t competing when she is using the same name, same music, same subscription model, and same time slot.  Not to mention using artbelllegacy.com as her domain name.
If its even worth pursuing when shes probably close to indigent and the show is going to fail to generate any real revenue in all probability anyhow.

This who thing is seriously so petty on Heathers end and this all over a podcast that was scraping by on the name of Art Bell...The best thing that happened to Keith was getting Dave and getting past the Art Bell influence and 'crutch' that plagues the network- He has a chance now that Heathers gone and the MITD name should be retired anyhow.

paladin1991

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on May 12, 2018, 01:39:38 AM
I can tell u, no offense to anyone from NC mountain region. Some yrs ago I went to a two week LE class at the Southern Police Institute at the University of Kentucky and there was this really nice fellow from a NC sheriff's Dept who was in my class and dorm  and for two whole weeks I had no idea what the hell he was saying.

He was probably confused when you didn't respond to his offer to polish your night stick.

Nobody

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 12, 2018, 12:58:47 AM
Albrecht brought it up. Yes. Phones belonged to AT&T and had to be leased. I think that held in place until about 1980. Maybe Reagan. Too lazy to look it up.

Oh, that's all right; I get the nub of the gist.  :)

(Apologies to Albrecht for getting the name wrong.)  :-[

Nobody

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 12, 2018, 01:06:33 AM
It is a 1940s though the 1950s model. (Mine has a 1953 serial number)  I would guess one phone in 10,000 in use is this antiquated.

Or long-lasting.  :)

It's always a pleasure to see things from pre-throwaway society where, if you bought something, it was expected to last forever.

(Am I right in thinking it has started many a conversation with visitors?)  :)

Catsmile

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 12, 2018, 12:58:35 AM
The gorilla was first described scientifically in 1847.  The mountain gorilla subspecies was discovered (by white people) in 1902.

I'm not sure the point he was trying to make was all that good.

In 1902 most people barely knew what an automobile was, much less own a car. 1902 a lot people didn't have indoor shitters. They also railed against having electricity in their homes because it was dangerous. The fact that they read about electricity by gas light didn't strike them as dangerous at all. Controlled heavier than air flight wasn't a thing until 1903. Only rich people in 1902 had cars, running water, indoor shitters, and electricity.

Without a doubt it only seems to count as being "discovered" when white people know/have it in hand. Currently "white/1st world" people don't know about millions of plants, insects, & animals alive today. Point being all these above facts don't make, bigfoot, loch ness, et al, any more or less likely to exists. At any point upon our discovery/knowledge curve.

# AnythingIsPossibleJustNotProbable

Savage

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 12, 2018, 01:55:00 AM
^This

#Truth

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: chefist on May 12, 2018, 12:33:52 AM
I prefer the local doughnut shop...the one where all the old men gather to talk about life. There's one outside of the local AF base...the best entertainment with your freshly made pastry.
Chefist, what AFB u live by, what planes they have there. I am right by Joint base Charleston SC home of the 437 transport wing C-17's . USAF and have USN base close by. Also Shaw USAF AFB up the road a piece, F-16's and A-10's. Just south is USMC air station Beaufort F-18's and new F-35's on the way. Surrounded, but not complaining great people and community's!

Dyna-X

Quote from: Nobody on May 12, 2018, 02:13:36 AM
Or long-lasting.  :)

It's always a pleasure to see things from pre-throwaway society where, if you bought something, it was expected to last forever.

(Am I right in thinking it has started many a conversation with visitors?)  :)
Indeed, its has, although the phone is camouflaged in a natural environment of many old-style things about my house. Think of a home where all the decor is from the 1950s through the early 1970s and the only anachronism is a laptop perched on a 1930s coffee table.

I'm with you on the pre-throwaway society. Folks ask what is the best (fill-in-the-blank) appliance. I suggest any well-kept model from a thrift store.

Smeghead

Quote from: BettyO417 on May 11, 2018, 09:49:27 PM
Had to stop listening. Her vocal fry, then to her bipolar Happy makes me ill.. Can’t do it. (Shivers)
And certainly don’t want to give Vara the credit as a listener...

Going to hang tight and wait for Mr. Winnie!

Same frame of mind here.  Didn't listen to any of it.  I heard LNM when it was a Podcast before it went streaming and wasn't worth the download back then. 

And I honestly can't take any of Heather.  Especially since hearing some of the UPRN show.

Sean92008

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 12, 2018, 01:40:30 AM
That is true but it is night and day when you compare fresh to picking up stale ones at the grocery store at night.
There are some great mom and pop donut shops in California which are much bigger and better.

I'd never buy a donut from a grocery store.  That's like...  Uh...   I can't think of an analogy.

Smeghead

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 12, 2018, 01:25:09 AM
Krispy Kreme's are terrible

You are correct sir.  When I lived in Corpus Christi, they opened one about 12 or 13 years back.  People were lined up around the block at the drive through, blocking street lanes for hours.  Literally waiting an hour or more to get donuts.  DONUTS for fucks sake!

All for a lame ass donut..  They're pretty good (not great) if you get them right when they come out of the fryer, but after a little time, taste just like any other donut.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 12, 2018, 01:42:19 AM
What's weirding me out is that my birthday is on Monday.  Wonder what Heather is gonna give me for my bday?
Sorry boss but ur gift is gonna be just a real SHIT SHOW!

Smeghead

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 12, 2018, 01:02:44 AM
Or certain bacteria that can survive extreme radiation and drying out completely.

Heather?

Dyna-X

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 12, 2018, 02:35:51 AM
I'd never buy a donut from a grocery store.  That's like...  Uh...   I can't think of an analogy.
The baked goods from Kroger/King Soopers/City Market have some kind of funky aftertaste that I swear probably involves a NWO chemical conspiracy.

Kolchak

Mike Vara talks like Otis from the Andy Griffeth show.

Kolchak

Also, a WEEK of open lines?

Art Bell covers one night. The drama around the show covers another night. How does she fill the other three?

Smeghead

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 12, 2018, 02:23:15 AM
Indeed, its has, although the phone is camouflaged in a natural environment of many old-style things about my house. Think of a home where all the decor is from the 1950s through the early 1970s and the only anachronism is a laptop perched on a 1930s coffee table.

I'm with you on the pre-throwaway society. Folks ask what is the best (fill-in-the-blank) appliance. I suggest any well-kept model from a thrift store.

They were built tough as shit for sure.  When I was young, we moved up to a wall phone in the kitchen (only phone in the house).  It had the little dial in the handset.  I don't know how many times that we'd half ass hang it up, and it would fall out of the cradle and bounce on the tile floor a few times.  We never even chipped that bad boy.  We're talking around 4 foot drop onto hard tile.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Kolchak on May 12, 2018, 02:52:03 AM

Art Bell covers one night. The drama around the show covers another night. How does she fill the other three?

You know... We all know...

Dyna-X

Quote from: Kolchak on May 12, 2018, 02:46:43 AM
Mike Vara talks like Otis from the Andy Griffeth show.
I wonder if he is one of those that pronounces library as "lie-berry".  His thought to speech process is a bit on the slow side and this makes for difficult listening as I am usually a few thoughts ahead of him. As a person, he might be a nice guy. I don't know enough about him to make that call. I suspect he has no idea what he has gotten himself into, and this has worked to HW's advantage.

Kolchak

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 12, 2018, 02:55:00 AM
You know... We all know...

I wonder how many nights it takes before Mike realizes the caller pool is the same 6 people and asks her to put a guest on.

Smeghead

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 12, 2018, 02:46:16 AM
The baked goods from Kroger/King Soopers/City Market have some kind of funky aftertaste that I swear probably involves a NWO chemical conspiracy.

Yea, we don't get donuts at Kroger because of that weird aftertaste.  But their fried chicken stopped us from going to a drive through chicken place for the past 15 years.

Smeghead

Quote from: Kolchak on May 12, 2018, 02:52:03 AM

I've always hated open lines.

Kolchak

Quote from: Smeghead on May 12, 2018, 02:59:07 AM
I've always hated open lines.

I liked open lines in the Art days when there were large numbers of listeners and kooks from across the world could call in at any minute. Not when Paul and Ella get 12 minutes of airtime talking about dracula pumpkins.