• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

b_dubb

Quote from: Ravenna on December 01, 2013, 03:54:32 PM
The current economy is a house of cards, precariously balanced.  You can depend on that it will collapse, and when that happens a HUGE slide in the stock market and many ripples of repercussions.  Recession?  It might push the U.S. into worse than that even.  It's a matter of when, not if.
have you guys seen The Road with Viggo Mortensen? 

Quote from: zeebo on December 02, 2013, 05:57:46 PM
I can already see the future flying pizza wars with drone hackers & rival pizza gangs battling for domination of the pies in the skies.

Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: b_dubb on December 02, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Most depressing film I think I've watched...desolate.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 03, 2013, 10:54:53 AM

Uh oh...I put that on my Netflix list to watch.  Worse than Testament???
Just thinking about that one gives me goosebumps.   And not the good kind.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Treading Water on December 03, 2013, 11:23:24 AM

I'm still trying to track down Testament.  I can find Fail Safe, Panic in the Year Zero, The Day After, Threads, etc, but I can't find Testament online anywhere.  I started to watch The Road, but I ended up turning it off.  Very bleak.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Treading Water on December 03, 2013, 11:23:24 AM

Don't wait for the big musical number at the end!

The General

There are two kinds of people in my life.
Wonderful, agreeable, interesting people,
and those who like Benihana.

Heather Wade

Dude.  It's not the film that scares me.  It's that this idea of total mad max collapse is on
the collective mind so... acutely.   :-[

Heather Wade

Quote from: The General on December 03, 2013, 01:23:30 PM
There are two kinds of people in my life.
Wonderful, agreeable, interesting people,
and those who like Benihana.

Well, at least they don't have to dumb it down to Hibachi Grill because the population can't pronounce/ spell/ recognize wtf
teppanyaki is.   ::)

I just noticed that Fap is one of the assigned NYS license plate codes. I think NYS should begin consulting the urban dictionary before assigning any more codes. In the meantime, I point and laugh.

starrmtn001

Quote from: HorrorRetro on December 03, 2013, 01:05:46 PM
I'm still trying to track down Testament.  I can find Fail Safe, Panic in the Year Zero, The Day After, Threads, etc, but I can't find Testament online anywhere.  I started to watch The Road, but I ended up turning it off.  Very bleak.
I found 2 here.  Are either one of these the one you're looking for?

http://dvd.netflix.com/Search?oq=&ac_posn=&v1=Testament&search_submit=

More depressing than the BBC movie "Threads"? I find that hard to believe.

Power just went out. The power company days it's going to be three hours. I have a full backup battery and a lot of gigs of old Art Bell shows. Listening to May 28 1997, thinking about changing to something else.

Thank god I have something to listen to, and beer and reefer. I needed a break from transferring stems on the laptop anyways.

Let me know if you have any recommendations for fucked up shows to listen to that I might not have heard a billion times. Thanks,

G SHIT

Just burn my hand on a fuckin candle,

Thanks,

G SHIT

b_dubb

i read the book.  the movie was a trip to Disney World

bateman

Quote from: guildnavigator on December 03, 2013, 09:22:36 PM
Power just went out. The power company days it's going to be three hours. I have a full backup battery and a lot of gigs of old Art Bell shows. Listening to May 28 1997, thinking about changing to something else.

Thank god I have something to listen to, and beer and reefer. I needed a break from transferring stems on the laptop anyways.

Let me know if you have any recommendations for fucked up shows to listen to that I might not have heard a billion times. Thanks,

G SHIT

I fell asleep listening to a Dreamland episode about spontaneous human combustion the other night.

starrmtn001

Quote from: bateman on December 03, 2013, 10:44:23 PM
I fell asleep listening to a Dreamland episode about spontaneous human combustion the other night.
At first glance I read;  ". . . spontaneous [humor] combustion . . . ." 

I love it when that happens! ;D   Humor that is.

aldousburbank

Until the return of our Radio Savior, the question is, were you one of the 11/04/2013  956?

steelbot

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 04, 2013, 10:37:00 AM
Until the return of our Radio Savior, the question is, were you one of the 11/04/2013  956?
Why yes, yes I think I was  :-X

aldousburbank

Man, traveling can make you think, too much.

So...
Let's say there are other humanoid inhabited planets. Of course I understand that some of them might be way shitty, but what if there are some where everything is super excellent in every way?  Why are we not there or are we and we effed it up? 

bateman

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 04, 2013, 11:31:52 AM

So...
Let's say there are other humanoid inhabited planets. Of course I understand that some of them might be way shitty, but what if there are some where everything is super excellent in every way?  Why are we not there or are we and we effed it up? 

Richard Hoagland will tell you on Saturday.

BobGrau

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 04, 2013, 11:31:52 AM

So...

The only possible justification for the grim state of Reality I've ever heard is: You can only reach fictional worlds by going through this ultra-Real one.

Presumably wherever we came from is extremely boring.

jazmunda

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 04, 2013, 10:37:00 AM

I definitely was. I've even got a "The Bellgab 956" tattoo on my butt.

Anyone else miss the blue gator guy?

bateman

Oh god help us.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/weiner-talk-radio-show-article-1.1537695#ixzz2mY8agJ00

QuoteAt least he can’t embarrass himself with crotch shots on radio. Confidenti@l has learned exclusively that disgraced mayoral wannabe and Twitter enthusiast Anthony Weiner is in talks to host a radio show. Sources close to the deal tell us Weiner is mulling an offer to host a drive-time chat show on either WOR or WABC radio, focusing on local politics.

“We’re looking at a lot of people,” says WABC operations manager Tony Mascaro, denying that Weiner is one of them.

Mascaro also said the station’s primary focus now is filling the noon-3 p.m. void it will have in January, when Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity leave for WOR.

WOR didn’t return our request for comment.

Our sources insist WABC is the front-runner and that Weiner is interested.