• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150911 - Art Bell, Open Lines - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 11, 2015, 07:53:06 PM

Dr_Blue

Quote from: ShayP on September 12, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
I am so....confused right now.  ???
An attempt at humor that missed. You were heavy complaining thought it would be funny if you actually called in and went off topic on some rant or prank.

Roswells, Art

I love seeing Art on Periscope. Is there a way to record it?

Kolchak

Quote from: Manx on September 12, 2015, 12:29:28 AM
Still not an answer to the question

We're a social species, and we have a vested interest in seeing the species succeed. There is an evolutionary precept for this.

Juan Cena

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on September 12, 2015, 12:29:53 AM
There's very little difference between 4chan and Reddit anymore. It's largely the same userbase. 4chan is presently a neutered, pathetic animal compared to what it once was.

So it's basically Newsarana?

Sean92008

Quote from: QuantumMystics on September 12, 2015, 12:28:29 AM
I'm aware of the DSM, I'm just saying it sounds kind of nebulous or particular and over used often to describe people that someone doesn't like or get along with.

That's a tool that "they" use to get at "them."  Whether it is an oppressive government (i.e. 1930s Germany, 2000s USA) or an oppressive religion (Crusades, modern Muslim movement), it gets used too often without the use of its medical definition.

Weirdoradio

Quote from: ShayP on September 12, 2015, 12:31:33 AM
Oh dear.  :P  ;D

I was working retail when this was the single his record company was peddling to the local radio stations our manager forced upon us during our shifts.

I'll never forgive that rotund, mustachioed fellar.

Quote from: albrecht on September 12, 2015, 12:29:42 AM
So was homosexuality, etc. And other things being either "expanded" or "retracted" depending on the current social-political climate (or drug company funding?)

I often hear it overused to describe people that don't want to be around other people...like....all people that live rurally maybe sociopaths...anti social....or that politician maybe a sociopath...yet they maybe extremely social and out in public, etc. It seems applied whenever the person doing the applying wants to malign a person they don't agree with. It describes symptoms, which can come and go and not actually seem as some kind of "essence" of a person....psychology sometimes looks more and more like a philosophy, with a few treatments for extreme cases, but labels for people that oscillate into various categories depending on who's doing the diagnosing and when.

starrmtn001

Quote from: ShayP on September 12, 2015, 12:28:08 AM
HEY!  I never said I din't like your call.  :o  :(
Oh dear, ShayP.  I misunderstood.  I apologize. :-[

N0sferatu

Quote from: Roswells, Art on September 12, 2015, 12:32:02 AM
I love seeing Art on Periscope. Is there a way to record it?

Replay will stay up for either 12 or 24 hours. Can't remember which.

Quote from: Sean92008 on September 12, 2015, 12:22:09 AM
Picture yourself on a cross on a hillside, with nails in your wrists, with a crown of thorns...
Somebody calls you the savior the master and all you can do is continue to lie...

Crazy batshit people who are completely illit'rate will follow you in their dreams
Look to the sky and promise he's coming

Jesus in the sky with diamonds...
Jesus in the sky with diamonds...
Jesus in the sky with diamonds...  Ahhh....

Picture yourself on your deathbed and wonder
what if Yeshua was really the guy...

If he was right to preach love of your neighbor
what fate reap blasphemers just after they die....

Nietzsche in the sky...with diamonds
NIETZSCHE IN THE SKY..WITH DIAMONDS....

If you're right...nothing matters, you die and that's it.

If I'm right...everything matters, you die and deal with the consequences of your actions
which come from your faith, whether in God or man.

Choose wisely...

God is dead.
--Nietzsche

Nietzsche is dead.
--God

Bradsmith313

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 12, 2015, 12:24:16 AM
Naw, I don't think so.  ShayP, trostol, and norland didn't like my call.  Oh well.  They can't all be home runs lol. ;)
You did better than me.

ShayP

Quote from: Dr_Blue on September 12, 2015, 12:31:43 AM
An attempt at humor that missed. You were heavy complaining thought it would be funny if you actually called in and went off topic on some rant or prank.

Sorry.  :-[  I haven't been glued to the thread.  I keep putzing around here and refreshing the site every so often.  Truthfully...I did think about calling a couple times.  I just don't have the nerve.  ;D

Manx

Quote from: Kolchak on September 12, 2015, 12:32:18 AM
We're a social species, and we have a vested interest in seeing the species succeed. There is an evolutionary precept for this.

We also have a population issue. People who can't survive need to die out and make the species stronger. It is the way of nature. A herd of deer don't stop to help the one that's been bitten by a wolf, they leave the weak to it's fate and the herd is therefore stronger. The wolf that starves because he's at the bottom of the pecking order and didnt get enough to eat dies and the pack is made stronger.

AvDaBr

Quote from: ManiacMatt on September 12, 2015, 12:25:28 AM
Most of the founding fathers were atheists (Franklin) and deists at best.  I believe Jefferson was a deist. Most were not Christians.
Are you just stirring the pot, or do you actually believe that?

I'll tell you something really disgusting about 4chan.

There are individuals on the paranormal board that listen to and enjoy Noory. Chew on that, theists. Where's your god now?

Sean92008

Quote from: Kolchak on September 12, 2015, 12:32:18 AM

Just like men go after a certain look of woman... 

I'd prefer to see the next generations of humans to carry my DNA in mixed-race kids.  Best of both worlds, more resiliency to funky ailments...

Zenman

Quote from: ZomZom on September 12, 2015, 12:31:16 AM
Relevant Trey Parker quote that sums up my sympathies on the current subject:

I would have Trey Parker as my main source if it weren't for ESPN, Braap and the internet.

starrmtn001

Quote from: norland2424 on September 12, 2015, 12:29:29 AM
lol i didnt hear you call in tonight, just a bunch of random guys
Oh dear, this isn't good.  2nd misunderstanding.  I apologize norland. :-[

Weirdoradio

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on September 12, 2015, 12:34:50 AM

There are individuals on the paranormal board that listen to and enjoy Noory. Chew on that, theists. Where's your god now?

Probably hanging out on Planet X, waiting for it to swing around our way to make that grand ol entrance.

ShayP

Quote from: Weirdoradio on September 12, 2015, 12:32:52 AM
I was working retail when this was the single his record company was peddling to the local radio stations our manager forced upon us during our shifts.

I'll never forgive that rotund, mustachioed fellar.

Being he's 'local'....the news or anybody who laid eyes on him was hyping him up 24/7.  I couldn't produce enough vomit.  People like what they like...BUT DAMNNNNN!  ;D

Kolchak

Quote from: QuantumMystics on September 12, 2015, 12:33:12 AM
or that politician maybe a sociopath...yet they maybe extremely social and out in public, etc.

Sociopathy has nothing to do with actually being social or not. In fact, most of them are very adept in social situations, hence the political stigma.

Juan Cena

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on September 12, 2015, 12:33:23 AM
I don't know what that is, Senor.

Comic book news site. It used to have great forums, but they went downhill after the site was sold, then were scrapped altogether.

Quote from: QuantumMystics on September 12, 2015, 12:33:12 AM
I often hear it overused to describe people that don't want to be around other people...like....all people that live rurally maybe sociopaths...anti social....or that politician maybe a sociopath...yet they maybe extremely social and out in public, etc. It seems applied whenever the person doing the applying wants to malign a person they don't agree with. It describes symptoms, which can come and go and not actually seem as some kind of "essence" of a person....psychology sometimes looks more and more like a philosophy, with a few treatments for extreme cases, but labels for people that oscillate into various categories depending on who's doing the diagnosing and when.

But antisocial doesn't mean the person can't socialize.  It means they can't empathize and tend to use other people to their own ends.  They can actually be very charming until they get what they want.

boxman

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on September 12, 2015, 12:34:50 AM

And they also have a sub forum for both Art Bell and Hogaland that is pretty active ;P

zeebo

Leo Ashcraft keeps asking me what I think about stuff.