• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150911 - Art Bell, Open Lines - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 11, 2015, 07:53:06 PM

WOTR

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on September 12, 2015, 08:59:15 PM
it may hav started az a way to avoid scannin software but now i do bcuz until we break the chainz of mental slavery we wil never move forward az a society. An it makez me laf at the people hu giv a shyt😎 cuz i dont. Im wealthy enuf 2b myself. Unhooked by a language that iz ful of hiphopcrasy. Im not bound by foolz hu judge IM FREE. R U? SEEMZ LIKE U ALL R STUK HIDIN IN THE SEWER WAITIN TO DIE. IM HAVIN FUN IN LIFE.🍄🍄🍄
Edit- I really don't care enough to get involved in this...  Response removed- but there haz to B uther Waiz to avoid joining us N the SewerZ!

Auslandia

Does the woman from Japan and the woman from Winnipeg call every night?  Jesus.

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: WOTR on September 13, 2015, 07:30:55 PM
Edit- I really don't care enough to get involved in this...  Response removed- but there haz to B uther Waiz to avoid joining us N the SewerZ!
Hahahahahahahahahahaha👏👏👏👏👏

Juan Cena

Quote from: Auslandia on September 13, 2015, 08:04:31 PM
Does the woman from Japan and the woman from Winnipeg call every night?  Jesus.

You'd prefer Annie from Alabama and Bill the AAA?

Auslandia

Oh christ that woman from Winnipeg is just annoying at this point.  She calls every night and somehow she usually gets through.

ziznak

this one's getting a re-listen tonight... the "debate" was a bit too much on my nerves.  I'm waiting for the Bara/Robbins no holds barred match to headline pseudo-mania 2015...

pseudo-mania "SHOULD" be a yearly event where Art has numerous pseudo-intellectuals do one one combat with words to the death.

I'm thinking: 
Richard "Braaps" Hoagland Vs. ExPat
Mike "my book covers suck" Bara Vs Stuart "do yer fucking math" Robbins...
also from the boards:
Herbn-Legend Vs. Spelling and Grammer
and the one man Army
FALKIE
Vs.
The World

Skunk Ape

I loved the debate.

Reminded me of the old "Liberal Charlie" arguments. It was great!

But the guy who called in about the banana....

The ole Kirk Cameron logic that the banana fits in the hand so god must have made it that way.

Well... actually people made them that way. Real natural bananas are green and full of large seeds and are basically a real bitch to eat. Thanks to human involvement the yellow delicious banana is here!

+1 for People

ziznak

Quote from: Skunk Ape on September 14, 2015, 11:50:10 AM
I loved the debate.

The ole Kirk Cameron logic that the banana fits in the hand so god must have made it that way.

Well... actually people made them that way. Real natural bananas are green and full of large seeds and are basically a real bitch to eat. Thanks to human involvement the yellow delicious banana is here!

+1 for People
ah yesss add one more

Kirk (Born Again) Cameron Vs. Logic

Weirdoradio

Quote from: Skunk Ape on September 14, 2015, 11:50:10 AM
I loved the debate.

+1 for People

I actually just listened to a Liberal Charlie vs. militia supporter debate from '96. So good. It was like two pitbulls who were let off of their leashes.

QuoteThat actually makes more sense. Lucifer==being of light. A spectrometer measures light.
    Thanks for the info SciFiAuthor.

Here's the (official?) Vatican explanation

There was another strange phone call today. Somebody was apparently just recently hurt by a misinformation which has been circulating on the web for two or three years. This calumny claims that the Vatican astronomers named some instrument or telescope "Lucifer".

It is fairly clearly a typical case of degradation of information. The truth of the matter is that the Vatican Observatory is a member of the Mount Graham International Observatory (MGIO) consortium, together with a number of other institutions from Europe and the USA. The MGIO comprises a large number of stake holders, most of whom have nothing to do with the Vatican Observatory or its telescope.

How does this work? It is quite similar to share holders in a company. Supposing you had a six percent share in a company, while Mr XYZ had a four percent share. What could you do if Mr XYZ decided to name his pet hamster "Demon"?

One of the stake holders in the MGIO is a group of European institutes who built an infrared camera and spectroscope, and named it "Lucifer". So what happened? First, somebody reported that an instrument called "Lucifer" was installed on Mt Graham. Then somebody remarked that Mt Graham also hosts the Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope, and that it is somewhat amusing that Mt Graham has both Vatican and Lucifer. Then the information somehow degraded and the slur was born: Vatican astronomers are supposedly friends with Lucifer...

http://vaticanobservatory.org/vo-news/news-archive/98-news-archive/vatican-lucifer/515-vatican-lucifer

So in answer to your other questiong, the Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope (VATT).

Thanks for the detail Georgie. Too damn much multi-tasking at the time - didn't see your reply.

Quote from: Auslandia on September 13, 2015, 01:10:23 PM

really? Y woud i change for u? R u that special? Cuz my life b good😎🍄😎 childish? Realy😒 i kinda thot it waz my rite to b able 2 express myself. This showz guestz r dum😨😨😨 i guess the people of hawaii just moved on frm santa huntin. Personally i dont care if u dONt lyke my skRiPt but i can change my writin stYle on demand. Watz funny tho iz i waz just hired by a u.k company to write for them😝 go figure. Maybe I'm just hiding who I am. None the least this has been an interesting social experiment

I think most people are just trying to say that it's pretty insufferable trying to decipher what you're typing  crazy spelling and emojis. Looks like a total mess and it's really irritating to read .

Have to say it Herbn, when posts are coming fast like they were Friday, I skip yours instead of slowing down to make out what they say. No biggie, I go back -N- read them later, but I think a lot of peeps do the same. Just an FYI.

Gruntled

Got to say Herbz, I zero in on your posts and read them first.
A delight to read!

For clarification and in all fairness:
I peruse the forum AFTER the live show due to unavoidable circumstances.
I therefore can understand Sandmans point