20150911 - Art Bell, Open Lines - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, September 11, 2015, 07:53:06 PM

ShayP

Quote from: Morgus on September 12, 2015, 12:44:43 AM
This debate would only be good if it was Bill the AAA vs JC Jr

Oh yes.  :D   We'd need 4 hours though.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 12, 2015, 12:42:16 AM
Need to study your history a bit more. There were a lot more founding fathers that were Christians.

Educate me.  Name three well known founders that were definitely Christian.

Kolchak

Quote from: Manx on September 12, 2015, 12:34:34 AM
We also have a population issue. People who can't survive need to die out and make the species stronger. It is the way of nature. A herd of deer don't stop to help the one that's been bitten by a wolf, they leave the weak to it's fate and the herd is therefore stronger. The wolf that starves because he's at the bottom of the pecking order and didnt get enough to eat dies and the pack is made stronger.

You are more rational than a deer. Try and rise above.

albrecht

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 12, 2015, 12:42:16 AM
Need to study your history a bit more. There were a lot more founding fathers that were Christians.
True but they are dead white males and thusly deserve being eliminated, or better yet, derided in the new history.

Quote from: henge0stone on September 12, 2015, 12:42:18 AM
yep, that's why these debates suck.

You could also say that's what makes them entertaining as hell.

coaster

I've heard this argument before, even with the house bs. I believe it was actually on arts show in the past.

RoseGirl

that's known as the 'pocket watch' theory. Well known in philosophic studies.

Quote from: norland2424 on September 12, 2015, 12:43:36 AM

For some men...for others it's sex...others sports...drugs...TV...

Many idols...ONE God.

WhiteCrow

While geez Art, if want a good debate, bring on experts from each side that know the subject matter.

henge0stone

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 12, 2015, 12:43:28 AM
Matt is very manipulative and just tries to polarize every argument. Dat's my take.

Well that but if any of the theists had made a valid point or knew how to debate at all it might have been interesting. This Polish guy had the best point of view.

Tonight's show started off so well. :(

SAVE US BRAAP MAN

Sean92008

My cat says "meow" but he really means "ruff."  "Ruff" translated to English roughly comes out as "feed me damnit, scratch me and, here, smell my butt!"

Herbn-Legend

DAOMIT😨 rang once then bizy signal😒😒😡😡😡😡😒😒😒😝😝😝😒

Manx

Quote from: Kolchak on September 12, 2015, 12:45:35 AM
You are more rational than a deer. Try and rise above.

What makes me more rational than a deer? Humans are not really different than animals

Quote from: coaster on September 12, 2015, 12:45:58 AM
I've heard this argument before, even with the house bs. I believe it was actually on arts show in the past.

Just a variation on the clockmaker idea. Makes the mistake of assuming anything that exists was engineered for a purpose the way we design machines and other items. Doesn't really follow.

Weirdoradio

Finally.
My Xmas dream come true.
A 9/11 call.
Even if it's from Poland... It's still a 9/11 call.

Quote from: Zenman on September 12, 2015, 12:43:20 AM
Yep. Some great points.

You don't get judged by others, when you die, you study yourself and those you had a major impact on, no one sits in judgement of you except maybe the other people you had relationships with or didn't and how you behaved maybe your own judgement as you will see it as others might have seen it. And you judge yourself...so don't do anything you hate to have to dwell on, if you don't like it and don't want to deal with it then don't do it.

Zenman

Quote from: albrecht on September 12, 2015, 12:37:24 AM
I'm waiting though it probably won't happen for a real "satanist, Crowley, Christian sect, Hindoo, racists, ISIS, or "whatever" guest, or caller, to go full-bore: why on the extremes of "do what tho whilst" or "breaking taboos for tantric purity" or "pure bloodlines" or whatever etc? Crazy guests seems to stop at a certain point? Logically, things like murder, spells to kill others, rape, pedophilia, race wars, global annihilation, etc etc should be acceptable? Where are the witches, or whatever, don't go full on to the doctrine in the logical limits? Heck, even some constant war neo-con "telling his theory as it is..."

Good point. They're probably all out busy creating mayhem and such. No time to call in.

Sean92008

This "designer" argument leads me to think of the structures on the BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP!

Love RCH.  Will listen and lay off the boards.

Night all!

PS.  My penis is perfectly shaped too for a hand.  If there is a god, why isn't there a woman holding it NOW!?!?!?!?!?

Dr_Blue

Quote from: QuantumMystics on September 12, 2015, 12:48:37 AM
You don't get judged by others, when you die, you study yourself and those you had a major impact on, no one sits in judgement of you except maybe the other people you had relationships with or didn't and how you behaved maybe your own judgement as you will see it as others might have seen it.
You are talking like an nde'r, have you had the experience? <<don't answer if too personal.