• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

DanTSX

Quote from: jblank on November 05, 2013, 04:50:31 PM
It's his standard reply. He's made that silly comment no less than 10 times. Next he will call you a "privileged white".
he also knows the word misogyny.  And uses it like someone in a freshman modest lit class that just learned it.

Well I'll be truly saddened if we're not going to have more shows like with Michio Kaku or the cancelled interview with Graham Hancock. I'll still hold out hope that Dark Matter returns but the longer Art takes, the more of his base crumbles.

McPhallus

Quote from: BattyBrooke on November 05, 2013, 04:42:40 PM
Eloquently said by a TRUE fan.

What exactly does that mean?  What's a "TRUE fan?"

DanTSX

Quote from: McPhallus on November 05, 2013, 04:53:15 PM

Willing to eat Art's Farts and smile about it.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: DanTSX on November 05, 2013, 04:46:30 PM
Enough with your blowbang of Art. 

We are talking Mano-a-Mano.

"Blowbang"? You must be jealous. Mano-a-Mano does not mean what you seem to think it means. It means "hand to hand" as in boxing. I promise, I'd mop the floor with you, bro.

Spinner

Quote from: Art Bell on November 05, 2013, 04:41:09 PM
Ok I am going to leave for now. I wanted to come on to at least try and explain what I could, there
is much I am unable to say because it was said to me in confidence and I must respect that.

Perhaps there is a point where Sirius and I can work things out, as I have said I am open to that
but people are angry and I understand that. Again I am sorry. Feel free to continue to slice and dice.
                                                                                                                        Art

Again, please do try to work things out with Sirius. Whatever the small problems with the show are, they're not worth losing the show.
Art, please don't throw it all away!

BattyBrooke

Quote from: McPhallus on November 05, 2013, 04:53:15 PM

Loyal. You're welcome.

midnight

Not everyone slices and dices.  Most of us don't, and we want you back. I have been on this board since your new show started, and I have not cancelled my subscription to Sirius yet.  I am waiting! Many, many of us are pulling for you!  I'm making this in bold only because it is so very hard to be heard above the noise. I am a perfectionist too, and I know it is so easy to see the criticism and never even see the praise.  But there is much more praise than not.  Good luck!

HumanBeing

Quote from: BattyBrooke on November 05, 2013, 04:30:18 PM
Lastly, these hateful posts are highly contradictory, you do know that, right? I mean, you are a fan of Art's because you love his show ...And now you hate him because he went off the air...And you didnt want that, because you're a fan..And you want to listen to his show....because you hate him...because he left...because you want him back...but you hate him. See the logic, or lack thereof? What in thee fuck? Half of you telling him to "man-up" etc are the biggest babies of them all.

You clearly have not followed this thread entirely.

I have not seen any one say they hated Art.

Most are just angered at his behavior and obvious bullshit excuses. Now he is saying he quit because of the Spooky Matter show sucking so badly. WTF! Seriously!?
I'm kind of fired up because there is a heck of a lot of people, good people, who spent a nice bit of money investing in Sirius compatible equipment to just listen to Art!! Art seemed really enthusiastic and into working for SiriusXM. But nah he was jusy fucking with us.. again.

I mean really?!?!?? get over it and do a show.. call up Graham Hancock and light the night a fire!!

Quote from: DanTSX on November 05, 2013, 04:54:40 PM
Willing to eat Art's Farts and smile about it.

Yeh, it's like the abused spouse that keeps going back for more, it'll be different this time!

Quote from: Art Bell on November 05, 2013, 04:07:17 PM
Part of the reason for the last straw was a post on here saying that Spooky matter was the weakest ever, it was and would have gotten worse.

grano salis

Quote from: midnight on November 05, 2013, 04:31:24 PM
This board was really rude to and about the guests.  I wanted to say, hey people, don't you know that Art and probably his guests are reading this???? Come on, criticism is one thing, it's a good thing, that is needed for any show.   But the very vulger, personal and really awful comments made about the guests were bad, and not conducive to good karma for the show.  Who would want for the biggest Art Bell forum on the web to be filled with so much vulgarity about the guests who are on the show that we all claim to love.   This is just my own personal opinion.

Re: "his guests are reading this"  Art himself mentioned BellGab many times on Dark Matter  as well as the "vaguely loveable" commenters. I feel that this in itself would encourage the audience and guests to check BellGab out. I am sure that we all have encountered a certain amount of vulgarity in everyday life--most of which was directed towards the competition at C2C (who also read and comment here I understand).  The guests know what they are getting into for the most part --a national radio forum--and have been criticized before (some even talk at length about their critics--Whitley Strieber for example).  If Art disliked his fan base, I am pretty sure he would just ignore BellGab.  I am, respectfully, rejecting your premise.

DanTSX

Quote from: BattyBrooke on November 05, 2013, 04:55:10 PM
"Blowbang"? You must be jealous. Mano-a-Mano does not mean what you seem to think it means. It means "hand to hand" as in boxing. I promise, I'd mop the floor with you, bro.

You have more than 6 years of amateur boxing behind you?

Who is bringing the mop?

HumanBeing

Quote from: BattyBrooke on November 05, 2013, 04:33:08 PM
I am certain Art's numbers before his retirement from Coast DWARFED Howard's numbers. But, I can tell by your sick, disrespectful and blasphemous handle here, you are more of a Howard Stern mentality/guy than an Art mentality/guy so...

P.S. Where the fuck did you even come from?

Wow.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: Spinner on November 05, 2013, 04:55:29 PM

Again, please do try to work things out with Sirius. Whatever the small problems with the show are, they're not worth losing the show.
Art, please don't throw it all away!

We just want you back Art.

Coz

Quote from: midnight on November 05, 2013, 04:56:39 PM
Not everyone slices and dices.  Most of us don't, and we want you back. I have been on this board since your new show started, and I have not cancelled my subscription to Sirius yet.  I am waiting! Many, many of us are pulling for you!  I'm making this in bold only because it is so very hard to be heard above the noise. I am a perfectionist too, and I know it is so easy to see the criticism and never even see the praise.  But there is much more praise than not.  Good luck!

I appreciate the sentiment of your message.

But the business damage to Sirius is already done, and the lost accounts will not be regained if he returns.

This... sadly... is the end. If Art doesn't go live tonight or tomorrow I can't see this turning around. Seriously... he's got to have pissed off Sirius something awful.

Jackstar

Quote from: Art Bell on November 05, 2013, 04:07:17 PMPart of the reason for the last straw was
a post on here saying that Spooky matter was the weakest ever   Art
okay,

#1: It was a great Spooky Matter! Being the only Spooky Matter, I guess it was the weakest one, but whatever, it was good.

#2: ART BELL REVEALS EXCLUSIVELY ON BELLGAB.COM: "YOU DESTROYED MY SHOW"

DanTSX

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 05, 2013, 04:57:36 PM
Yeh, it's like the abused spouse that keeps going back for more, it'll be different this time!

I did nothing but praise Dark Matter.

PDXBellfan

Why do people feel the need to bold their entire post, or make the font as big as humanly possible? I just skip over your post entirely.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Jackstar on November 05, 2013, 04:39:28 PM
Nothing screams, "my opinion is credible!" like the faint whiff of misogyny.

You already used this line dude  ::)

DanTSX

Quote from: Jackstar on November 05, 2013, 05:00:32 PM
okay,

#1: It was a great Spooky Matter! Being the only Spooky Matter, I guess it was the weakest one, but whatever, it was good.

#2: ART BELL REVEALS EXCLUSIVELY ON BELLGAB.COM: "YOU DESTROYED MY SHOW"

It's our fault out parents fight.

This is what happens when you ban Robert Casio.

BillW50

Quote from: BattyBrooke on November 05, 2013, 04:38:21 PM
I too was shocked and dismayed by the constant hate shantily disgusied as criticism spewed here night after night, by the same people who begged for Art's return on here for years! Some people are never happy, and many of them live here. Very disheartening.

Sounds like you are talking about Art! As Art is never happy. A little stream problem and he going running home with the ball. But what else is new? He is in his 60's and he still acts like a child.

Quote from: Coz on November 05, 2013, 04:59:46 PM
I appreciate the sentiment of your message.

But the business damage to Sirius is already done, and the lost accounts will not be regained if he returns.

This... sadly... is the end. If Art doesn't go live tonight or tomorrow I can't see this turning around. Seriously... he's got to have pissed off Sirius something awful.
Excellent points.  What's he gonna tell them. "I know I said my base was gone, but that was really just a negotiating tactic. They'll all come back. Just take a look over at Bellgab.com. No hard feelings there!"

HumanBeing

Quote from: Art Bell on November 05, 2013, 04:41:09 PM
Ok I am going to leave for now. I wanted to come on to at least try and explain what I could, there
is much I am unable to say because it was said to me in confidence and I must respect that.

Perhaps there is a point where Sirius and I can work things out, as I have said I am open to that
but people are angry and I understand that. Again I am sorry. Feel free to continue to slice and dice.

Art

Enough of the excuses and back handed apologies fishing for sympathies by playing on people's emotions.
You got roughly 4 hours to get your shit together for tonight's show... C'mon you can do it.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: DanTSX on November 05, 2013, 04:58:39 PM
You have more than 6 years of amateur boxing behind you?

Who is bringing the mop?

Your mom. And now that malichi martini has crowned me first on his ignore list, I am crowning you with the same on mine you male chauvinistic pig.

P.S., If you're ever in Los Angeles, pleeeeease come to my part of the hood, and make sure your mother brings that mop, grandpa.

Jackstar

Quote from: PDXBellfan on November 05, 2013, 05:01:07 PM
Why do people feel the need to bold their entire post, or make the font as big as humanly possible? I just skip over your post entirely.

Maddow Finally Figures Out The Herman Cain Campaign (Pokemon? SimCity? 999?) - It's Performance Art!

seriously you earthlings need to watch this shiznit

SpooksKFC

SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. (SIRI) -NasdaqGS
3.7150 Down 0.0750(1.98%)

::)

HumanBeing

Quote from: BattyBrooke on November 05, 2013, 04:44:31 PM
You see?!?!?!?!!! I'd like to slice and dice some of YOU hateful people! I LOVE YOU, ART.

Yep you have to be "Maggie Johnson" that is all over Art's facebook page  ;D
Zombified.

BillW50

Quote from: McPhallus on November 05, 2013, 04:52:25 PM
The rest of us who like Art but believe he did a shitty thing are caught in between.

I LOVE Art, but that man really NEEDS to grow up!

HumanBeing

Quote from: Coz on November 05, 2013, 04:44:46 PM
Art... free advice:

Call up Hoagland, do a show tonight.... and suck it up.

Doesn't matter whether you discuss martian nipples, cat tails, or whatever.

Just. Get. Back. In. The. Saddle.

That's the SPIRIT!  8)