• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

jazmunda

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 02, 2015, 09:21:13 PM
   Thank you Facebook and Twitter. Before your creation, I had no idea the sun rose and set. Thanks for the visual evidence, roughly 2,491,044 times each day.

Would you prefer proof of defacation?  ;D

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: jazmunda on September 02, 2015, 09:27:12 PM
Would you prefer proof of defacation?  ;D

I plead the 5th, your honor.

First, I am compelled to compliment you guys on the great avatars!! I am enjoying B.G. as much for the commentary and equally as much for your clever avatars. Now, as for griping...best to light a candle than curse the darkness...I am hardly a saint, so no kumbiya (how is that spelled, anyway??) sunshine and lollipops for me...we can all gripe but I have to say, in general, obnoxious. self-absorbed types top my list as they inflict so much damage on society from small, to large scale...snods that cut you off on the road to genocidal maniacs...it all stems from narcissism. And then, there's Snorge. For a little levity, I shall be posting what I imagine as a typical date with Snoory from his ParanormalDate site...oh lordy, who let the dogs out!!

whoozit

The fact that some idiots feel the need to plunk down some cash to buy a quadcopter and then fly it in the most irresponsible places; end of airport runways, downtown in cities etcetera.  Unfortunately they have idiot proofed these things and anyone can fly one immediately.  Software basically makes them move in the direction the joystick is moved regardless of orientation.  It is causing grief for those of us that enjoy model aviation responsibly and will inevitably end with rules that make finding flying sites harder than it already is.  I wish there was a way to legislate stupidity.  Probably the best hope is that they start dealing harshly with imbeciles that endanger others.  I think ijits flying these things at the end of runways or in flight corridors should be drawn and quartered.

Quote from: whoozit on September 03, 2015, 12:30:57 PM
The fact that some idiots feel the need to plunk down some cash to buy a quadcopter and then fly it in the most irresponsible places; end of airport runways, downtown in cities etcetera.  Unfortunately they have idiot proofed these things and anyone can fly one immediately.  Software basically makes them move in the direction the joystick is moved regardless of orientation.  It is causing grief for those of us that enjoy model aviation responsibly and will inevitably end with rules that make finding flying sites harder than it already is.  I wish there was a way to legislate stupidity.  Probably the best hope is that they start dealing harshly with imbeciles that endanger others.  I think ijits flying these things at the end of runways or in flight corridors should be drawn and quartered.

Not to mention that people have lost their homes while wild fire aircrews wait for drones to vacate the air space over the wild fires.

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on September 02, 2015, 09:25:15 PM
The reason I don't post on FB is I truly believe no one gives a shit about "what" I do in my life...they just care about the fact i have a life...all else on FB is ego based self delusion....

Maybe an argument could be made to the fact I write these words and see what others respond....they would be right...
Nice 360!

FallenSeraph

I HATE the way people talk on public radio, in that hushed monotone library voice. I am not a violent person, yet I find myself fantasizing about breaking into the radio studio and setting those people on fire, just to hear some inflection.

This random post was inspired by the podcast "The Truth" ("movies for your ears"), which is a cool podcast featuring dramatized short stories, but I do kind of want to shake the heavily sedated guy who introduces them.

I guess I've been listening to too much of it today because I feel like writing a short story about NPR hosts who are forced to raise their voices on the air. And then once they start, they suddenly can't stop screaming every word they say.

Maybe I'll write it and submit it to "The Truth."

OK I feel much better now that I've gotten that off my chest. Thanks.

ziznak

NPR is partly to blame for me finding Art in the 90's

whoozit

Massholes clogging the highway on Friday afternoon heading to the lakes and mountains of NH and heading home at the end of the weekend.  It was especially bad today after the long weekend.  A trip that usually takes 15 minutes took 75 today because I had no option but the interstate. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: whoozit on September 07, 2015, 05:00:33 PM
Massholes clogging the highway on Friday afternoon heading to the lakes and mountains of NH and heading home at the end of the weekend.  It was especially bad today after the long weekend.  A trip that usually takes 15 minutes took 75 today because I had no option but the interstate.

Memorial Day, July 4 and Labor Day tradition-the migration of the Masshole. Surprisingly, Obama's brief visit to Boston this morning was well-timed because usually a POTUS visit means a clusterfuck, but since many Massholes were still in the Granite State, it wasn't as bad.

95 degrees after Labor Day annoys me.

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 07, 2015, 07:08:08 PM
   95 degrees after Labor Day annoys me.

Finally the tourists, are thinning out.  Give me a few weeks good weeks with everything half price at the beach.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: onan on September 08, 2015, 06:25:07 AM

Finally the tourists, are thinning out.  Give me a few weeks good weeks with everything half price at the beach.

September vacations are ideal just for the frugality alone. The lack of others is also refreshing. I hope this post hasn't hurt my miserly hermit reputation.

wr250

dogs that eat my earbuds. we are at 11 pairs eaten now.

jazmunda

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 08, 2015, 12:25:50 PM
   September vacations are ideal just for the frugality alone. The lack of others is also refreshing. I hope this post hasn't hurt my miserly hermit reputation.

You just lost a few points on the curmudgeon index.

Rix Gins

Failure To Yield At 4-Way Stop Signs.  I hate it when I stop at the sign and then the person to my right stops and then pulls out in front of me.  Worse yet, the dumbo to my left gets to his/her stop first and then impatiently waves for me to proceed across.  If I had a dime for every time this has happened to me...why I would have at least $4.50. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: jazmunda on September 11, 2015, 03:47:02 PM
You just lost a few points on the curmudgeon index.

Good thing I always have a reservoir of "what a horrible prick that asshole is" posts at the ready.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 08, 2015, 12:25:50 PM

Myrtle Beach is still packed with rubbernecking tourists. My patience meter is redlining. Two more weeks of this, you'll hear about me on the news taking hostages. It's been a very long, hot, crowded summer. I want my damn town back. I want my damn roads back. I want my damn beach back.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 11, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
Myrtle Beach is still packed with rubbernecking tourists. My patience meter is redlining. Two more weeks of this, you'll hear about me on the news taking hostages. It's been a very long, hot, crowded summer. I want my damn town back. I want my damn roads back. I want my damn beach back.

I saw a piece on the Weather Channel about this extended summer and Myrtle was mentioned. Almost makes one wish for Tropical Storm warning I suppose.

After a great Saturday of College Football, I decided to go big on South Carolina in South Carolina vs Kentucky. SC is down 24-7 at half. Please send your thought intentions for a Gamecocks win.

Eddie Coyle

I'll still be writing 5775 on my checks a month from now.

BobGrau

Fighting my way out of the choking embrace of the Suspenders of Disbelief. It's been a long month.

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 15, 2015, 11:02:12 AM
   I'll still be writing 5775 on my checks a month from now.
Are you doing that to fuck with Gentile bank tellers? Or because you're Jewish?

There is no incorrect answer.

Personally I imagine a Young Anglo douche fresh from college - communications degree in hand - all confused by a Jewish calendar date on a check.

"But but there's only ONE calendar?!?!?"

Keep telling yourself that Donald Trump Jr

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on September 16, 2015, 05:30:25 PM
Are you doing that to fuck with Gentile bank tellers? Or because you're Jewish?

There is no incorrect answer.

Secret's out.

albrecht

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 17, 2015, 09:36:03 PM
    Secret's out.
A decade ago or so I saw Jackie in London on Oxford Street (I think it was there, could've been on Charing Cross) and he was looking into some window and a braying, short women with shopping bags, I assumed wife, was yelling "come on Jackie," I felt very sorry for him, thinking the star of Caddyshack II is a hen-pecked short dude who can't even wistfully look into a shop window while his wife is spending.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: albrecht on September 17, 2015, 09:43:37 PM
A decade ago or so I saw Jackie in London on Oxford Street (I think it was there, could've been on Charing Cross) and he was looking into some window and a braying, short women with shopping bags, I assumed wife, was yelling "come on Jackie," I felt very sorry for him, thinking the star of Caddyshack II is a hen-pecked short dude who can't even wistfully look into a shop window while his wife is spending.

If "Chicken Soup" had been hit, Jackie would have never had to suffer such indignity. Interesting casting for that show. Let's remake "Bridget Loves Bernie" with an older couple...and Vanessa Redgrave's sister and Jackie Mason.

One of the first cancellations of 1989. Who knew?

albrecht

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 17, 2015, 09:57:00 PM
    If "Chicken Soup" had been hit, Jackie would have never had to suffer such indignity. Interesting casting for that show. Let's remake "Bridget Loves Bernie" with an older couple...and Vanessa Redgrave's sister and Jackie Mason.

One of the first cancellations of 1989. Who knew?
Not having the exact memory system of someone, thinking back now, I think I was leaving a tobacconist with some cigars and specially made snuff and him "looking in" same window when braying wife made him move on. So Charing Cross it was at G Smith & Sons tobacconists I think!

zeebo

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on September 12, 2015, 08:46:17 AM
the internet

It is extremely annoying, especially since it adds like a thousand new annoying sites per day.

pate

I ran out of Carmex, and now the "ASSociates" only recommend Burt's BeesWax\?

Thanks Mr. President...

Fifteen years that plastic tub lasted, and now this?

O my country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-_c6V0U-4k

ediot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePodNjrVSsk