• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

norland2424

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 14, 2015, 11:16:35 AM
I still don't think you've ever actually listened to an Art Bell show.

And hes the sites biggest poster ..

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 14, 2015, 11:16:35 AM
I still don't think you've ever actually listened to an Art Bell show.

You believe what you want. If he told you Santa Clause really came down the chimney you'd believe it.

ponyboysunset

God willing.  :)
Well my show prep is done.  ;D
And MV is making some money today which makes me happy as I truly enjoy this site and have donated to it in the past.

TigerLily

Quote from: MR. Spock on December 14, 2015, 11:13:35 AM
Art make up your mind are you done or are you coming back.
or considering options

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 11:17:59 AM
You believe what you want. If he told you Santa Clause really came down the chimney you'd believe it.

I believe, for whatever reason, that you feed and thrive on negativity.

Chronaut

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 11:12:08 AM
Yes, but one day you'll grow up and smell the coffee.
I'm all grown up, which is why it takes more than a little disappointment to shatter my allegiances.  The infants here are those who would turn against a good and honest man in the midst of a potentially life-threatening personal crisis because someone took their toy away.

I'm going to stand by these folks to try to help bring Art back when the time is right.  And if that doesn't work out I'll still be grateful for all of the terrific work they've done to inspire my mind throughout the decades.

Because that's how grown-ups roll, kiddo.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 14, 2015, 11:19:10 AM
I believe, for whatever reason, that you feed and thrive on negativity.

Oh I'm positive it's bullshit.

BellBoy

Quote from: TigerLily on December 14, 2015, 11:18:27 AM
or considering options

I'm sorry, but Art burned down most of his options, on his way out the door last Friday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8D4AsLzlM0

nika01

Quote from: BellBoy on December 14, 2015, 11:22:00 AM
I'm sorry, but Art burned down most of his options, on his way out the door last Friday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8D4AsLzlM0

How does it feel to be omniscient ?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Chronaut on December 14, 2015, 11:21:26 AM
I'm all grown up, which is why it takes more than a little disappointment to shatter my allegiances.  The infants here are those who would turn against a good and honest man in the midst of a potentially life-threatening personal crisis because someone took their toy away.

Oh, name names...I'm sure the police would be grateful for the information, because so far they have nothing.

I'm going to stand by these folks to try to help bring Art back when the time is right.  And if that doesn't work out I'll still be grateful for all of the terrific work they've done to inspire my mind throughout the decades.

Exactly how well do you know anyone you've never met?

TigerLily

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 11:17:59 AM
Nice deflection but not fooling anybody

BellBoy

Quote from: nika01 on December 14, 2015, 11:23:45 AM
How does it feel to be omniscient ?

Call ABC radio and ask them if they now, 'want to take a ride'.  ;)

Art coming on here today and backpedaling on his quitting, is three days late and who the fuck knows, how many dollars short. Ask Keith Rowland about that one, maybe.  ;)

He quit, now he is walking back his quitting. Sort of. I think he's trying to keep the hope of him returning alive. As a favor to Heather.

paladin1991

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 14, 2015, 10:53:38 AM
Be careful there, Chronaut.. you might be accused of being a fan.  ::)  Apparently that's no longer kosher on BellGab.

Fuck it.  I'm a fan.  And if that queers me with this lot (down yorkie, down, no homo intended) then so be it.  I'm no fanboy and I think that ART may have pulled the trigger too quickly and possibly the wrong trigger.

But I shit you not, where my family is concerned, I'd pull the trigger just as fast as he did.  A man looks out for his family first.  No associates, not things, not reputation, not himself....his family.  ART is human, unlike some of the posters around here.  But he is still ART FUCKING BELL.  And that means something to me.

I waited a long time for ART to come back to where I could still receive the signal 5 x 5.  I got what I wanted.  If there is more to be transmitted, I'll be happy to receive.

Until then, I'll work with Heather and her new show, 'Heather at the Handle.'

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on December 14, 2015, 11:16:04 AM
:O
Expect the worst but hope for the best. That's where I am. Can't help it. It's my sunny f@cking disposition.  :)

TL I you know I bask in your rays of sunshine.  Cynical as I am, I'm still hoping we hear more Art shows at some point.

An occasional special guest spot somewhere could work.  A lot less stress, less overhead of a full-time show, he can be stealthy about when/where he does it for security reasons etc. 

shell88

Quote from: Art Bell on December 14, 2015, 09:39:41 AM
I think she has what it takes to make it, she is smart, a great voice and a fast learner. I am giving her all the help I can. I think people will be surprised.

Art

Heather's got a great discriminating mind.  Not much gets past her.  She definitely has in-depth critical thinking skills.  That's refreshing in this day and age of superficial radio talk.  I think she will do well too - especially with those who can appreciate her gift of discrimination.

Quote from: rekcuf on December 14, 2015, 11:25:52 AM
He quit, now he is walking back his quitting. Sort of. I think he's trying to keep the hope of him returning alive. As a favor to Heather.

Art knows he screwed over Heather and Keith with his retirement announcement (not to mention the affiliates that carried the show, businesses that bought advertising, and all of us that helped with the efforts going into the MITD launch) and is now outright lying to his fans in order to keep them subscribed to the network. He doesn't even have the decency to admit it.

We are experiencing agonal breathing; death soon to follow.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 11:21:43 AM

Oh I'm positive it's bullshit.

I don't think you actually care. I think you're more interested in disturbing the shit and entertaining yourself.

Chronaut

Quote from: rekcuf on December 14, 2015, 11:25:52 AM
It's been an emotional time for everyone, especially Art and his family.  Decisions and words are chosen hastily in times of crisis.  If you step back and look at the big picture, you'll see two things very clearly:

1.)  Art has never lied to us (and if that's not enough for you, then you can read the police report)
2.)  Art loves broadcasting; it's in his blood.  And somehow he's still loyal to us even when most of us turn on him like wicked little Chihuahuas.

So it's all going to work out.  Even if it's just a show here or there once in awhile, that's better than nothing.  And as long as we keep the door open, the future remains unwritten.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 14, 2015, 11:26:09 AM
Fuck it.  I'm a fan.  And if that queers me with this lot (down yorkie, down, no homo intended) then so be it.  I'm no fanboy and I think that ART may have pulled the trigger too quickly and possibly the wrong trigger.

But I shit you not, where my family is concerned, I'd pull the trigger just as fast as he did.  A man looks out for his family first.  No associates, not things, not reputation, not himself....his family.  ART is human, unlike some of the posters around here.  But he is still ART FUCKING BELL.  And that means something to me.

I waited a long time for ART to come back to where I could still receive the signal 5 x 5.  I got what I wanted.  If there is more to be transmitted, I'll be happy to receive.

Until then, I'll work with Heather and her new show, 'Heather at the Handle.'

+1. Well said Gunny.

ziznak

I think like most artist's and creative genius's Art is subject to a number of sweeping mood changes and being in the position he has been in recently his choices could not have been easy.  Has anybody considered this may just be a ruse to stop the harrasment while laser guided mini-guns are installed at the residence?

All that aside, I can't get mad at the man.  I said it two years ago with the satellite shit.  I've left jobs in a huff before... went all in and got fired. I've made decision's in life I've regretted.  These things happen in life.  I'd like to see Art back on the air and I don't feel any kind of way towards him for the decision's he's made recently or in the past. 

Let's give heather a chance to host.  Give Art a break.  Let him come back as he want's unannounced... I kinda like that idea actually.  It would definitly make scheduling difficult for mr psycho.

Speaking of which... I really love how so many posters have crawled out of the woodwork to come here and shit on things since the recent events have transpired.  Ol' yorky isn't the only one who "feed(s) and thrive(s) on negativity."

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on December 14, 2015, 11:30:49 AM
Art knows he screwed over Heather and Keith with his retirement announcement (not to mention the affiliates that carried the show, businesses that bought advertising, and all of us that helped with the efforts going into the MITD launch) and is now outright lying to his fans in order to keep them subscribed to the network.

His should be the first voice we hear tonight, explaining what happened and where this is headed. I'm sure many listeners who don't follow Bellgab or FB were completely blindsided on Friday. It might keep the radio affiliates happy too in the meantime.

Quote from: Chronaut on December 14, 2015, 11:33:23 AM
It's been an emotional time for everyone, especially Art and his family.  Decisions and words are chosen hastily in times of crisis.  If you step back and look at the big picture, you'll see two things very clearly:

1.)  Art has never lied to us (and if that's not enough for you, then you can read the police report)
2.)  Art loves broadcasting; it's in his blood.  And somehow he's still loyal to us even when most of us turn on him like wicked little Chihuahuas.

So it's all going to work out.  Even if it's just a show here or there once in awhile, that's better than nothing.  And as long as we keep the door open, the future remains unwritten.

1. I never said Art "lied" about anything.
2. Do you understand the definition of loyalty?
3. Game over, man! It's over. Period.

Just Me

You ZOMBIES

Again an again an again an again!

Catops

Quote from: brig on December 14, 2015, 10:12:24 AM
She DOES INDEED have that positive quality to her voice, however, any female voice, listened to for  "hours" has that subconscious association with having to "listen to your mother" or maybe for some, having to "listen to your wife"  lol's

I don't know, that just strikes me as an old-fashioned way of thinking. It may be true for people of a certain age (including myself), but I think the younger generations have come to accept and expect more female representation in stuff generally. Just  in the past couple of years several female-hosted paranormal shows have started up in what's traditionally been a male domain and they're doing a great job.

The General

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 14, 2015, 11:03:01 AM
Fuck that, you owe us a bloody radio show Art.

Ha! Art owes you exactly nothing.
Nobody owes it to you to put themselves and their family at risk to produce a radio show.
Fuck off with that nonsense.

zeebo

...I'm going to stand by these folks to try to help bring Art back when the time is right. ...

There was a ton of this sentiment building up to Dark Matter, and maybe even more before MITD ... so alot of us can relate to it.  I think alot of this good will though just vaporized over the last few days.

Not because we don't sympathize with Art's security situation, which is infuriating, but because of the way the whole production, which had so much support behind it was just jettisoned overnight.

If Art wants to do an occasional show somewhere, great.  Anything beyond that may have a harder time gaining momentum again this time.

CornyCrow

Quote from: brig on December 14, 2015, 10:12:24 AM
She DOES INDEED have that positive quality to her voice, however, any female voice, listened to for  "hours" has that subconscious association with having to "listen to your mother" or maybe for some, having to "listen to your wife"  lol's
Yeah, or a teacher.  I agree with you.  I sit in the living room, dabbling with things on my computer while my husband has some tv news or political show on.  Almost every time a female voice comes on I find it irritating and turn the tv volume down.