• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

sleeplessinca

no one has mentioned noorey's bumper music... i know he doesn't choose it unless it is some lounge lizard type thing, but, what is that weird drunken mechanical marching monkey music and why on earth do they play it?  i hope that is a good description, if not it sounds like about 5 blaring trumpets and an electric guitar all done on a synthesizer.  it sounds like music to go through the motions to...

Morgus

Quote from: MDL5676 on July 29, 2012, 02:53:36 AM
     Last night when masochistically forcing myself to suffer through another George Noory Bore Fest,  I heard him mention something about having to "catch an early morning flight to Philadelphia" to participate in some sort of Ghost Hunt... We all know the man has no real interest in the paranormal and that his "lifelong interest" and "fascination" with the paranormal is all just for show in an effort to bolster his status as a "seeker of truth"... GAG!!
     So since we can rule out "genuine interest" as being his motivation for going, does anyone care to speculate on what his true motivations may be? Paid appearance perhaps? Or maybe just another chance for George to go to an event where he expects his "adoring fans" will clamor to merely be in his presence and all tell him how "great" he is and what a "wonderful singing voice he has" blah blah blah, which will help feed George's giant ego and also reinforce his delusions of being some sort of "celebrity"...
     Anybody have any other possible motivations they'd care to share?                 

Info on Noory's upcoming personal appearances are all listed at the c2c website under the Noory's Calendar section:
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages/calendar

Darkness Radio Events: Eastern State 2012
Saturday, July 28th Philadelphia, PA
At 7pm, George Noory will appear for a meet and greet at the Liberty Ball Room, followed by a panel discussion, and then a ghost hunt at the Eastern State Penitentiary

Quote from: Morgus on July 29, 2012, 01:08:56 PM
Info on Noory's upcoming personal appearances are all listed at the c2c website under the Noory's Calendar section:
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/pages/calendar

Darkness Radio Events: Eastern State 2012
Saturday, July 28th Philadelphia, PA
At 7pm, George Noory will appear for a meet and greet at the Liberty Ball Room, followed by a panel discussion, and then a ghost hunt at the Eastern State Penitentiary

It looks like after all these years of George claiming to want to go to places like Egypt and the Skinwalker Ranch to broadcast, to go with various people investigating crop circles, implant removal operations, pyramids and other ancient structures, this is what he chooses.  Probably because it featured a meet and greet and cash money for George.  Maybe a chance to sing a few numbers from Bobby Darin, now that he's getting into him and Dylan.

Someone should keep a camera on George so every time he hears a noise out Ghost Hunting with the gang and jumps or screams or craps his pants, it can be viewed on YouTube.

The event website:

http://www.darknessradio.com/TRIPS/easternstate2012/index.html

ItsOver

From the schedule:

9-930pm 30 Odd Minutes LIVE - Jeff Belanger With Guests George Noory, The Constantinos, Aaron Goodwin, Bill Chappell, Dave Schrader

I have no doubt about the "odd" minutes, with GN involved.  ;D

I wonder what kind of Snoory-embellished stories will come out of this event?  Will he croon at the State Pen?  Will he become the "girlfriend" of a ghost-inmate?  ;)

hosehead

Eastern State Penitentiary is a pretty nifty spot, by the way.  Rather spooky if you let your imagination get the better of you and downright terrifying if you think about it rationally for a good bit of time.

If any of you have been to Dublin's Kilmainham Gaol, it's effectively the same design and the same prison philosophy. 

Rico999

One thing that's pretty clear to me about Noory -- aside from the usual complaints -- is that he's one or a combination of the following:  a) a science illiterate; b) willfully ignorant or ( worst of all) c) he has an agenda and promotes it no matter what the consensus is in the scientific community.

That's why people like Mitch Battros are considered "experts" in his world.

Notice that he clams up when serious people like Michio Kaku or even LMH and Jesse Ventura are guests who make statements that he's clearly in disagreement with.   He won't engage them because he knows he knows he'll end up looking like a moron to his audience -- that is, to those who might think he's OK....

For example -- last week when LMH was the guest, in the 1st segment she played back an in-depth interview with a U of Arizona scientist who was discussing global warming, laying out the current scientific consensus and what options the human race may have in view of this process.  If you heard the segment, you know what I'm talking about.   At the end of that segment, though, what was Noory's response?  "Makes yuh wonder, Linda, what the Mayans knew?"   

I can't even fathom the thought process that elicited that response to a rational discussion of the situation in question.   No wonder Art Bell doesn't want to have anything to do with the wreckage of Coast anymore.   I'm sure the only reason LMH goes on the program is to get airtime to promote her website and any side project she might be involved with.

Unfortunately, the only place you can call him out on it is here in this forum -- because you'd never get on the air with it or if you did, you'd get the plug pulled real fast.

ItsOver

Quote from: Rico999 on July 30, 2012, 11:06:42 AM

........For example -- last week when LMH was the guest, in the 1st segment she played back an in-depth interview with a U of Arizona scientist who was discussing global warming, laying out the current scientific consensus and what options the human race may have in view of this process.  If you heard the segment, you know what I'm talking about.   At the end of that segment, though, what was Noory's response?  "Makes yuh wonder, Linda, what the Mayans knew?" ......  

Yeah...."There's sumthin go'n on, Linda...."  ;D

Juan

sNoory's guest tonight (Monday) is Seth Farber, PhD.  He's an advocate of letting crazy people be crazy and an opponent of psychiatry.  Let's see if sNoory has the nerve to call the guy on being a Scientologist.

fysisist

One thing that's pretty clear to me about Noory -- aside from the usual complaints -- is that he's one or a combination of the following:  a) a science illiterate; b) willfully ignorant or ( worst of all) c) he has an agenda and promotes it no matter what the consensus is in the scientific community.

Even worse than that, it's all of the above, since Noory is just a parrot for his cue cards and his only "talent" is the ability to rattle off innocuous, inane, largely irrelevant comments, such as "Good Point", when in fact no point was made, or "There's somethin' goin' on...", when in fact even if there was something going on, he is too dim-witted to ever know it, or "People are acting strange...", when in fact people have always acted strange, it's part of being people. 

Notice that he clams up when serious people like Michio Kaku or even LMH and Jesse Ventura are guests who make statements that he's clearly in disagreement with.   He won't engage them because he knows he knows he'll end up looking like a moron to his audience -- that is, to those who might think he's OK....

Definitely.  There are ants running around with bigger balls and bigger brains than our boy.

Tara

Quote from: UFO Fill on July 30, 2012, 12:33:59 PM
sNoory's guest tonight (Monday) is Seth Farber, PhD.  He's an advocate of letting crazy people be crazy and an opponent of psychiatry.  Let's see if sNoory has the nerve to call the guy on being a Scientologist.

Sure, let the "crazy" mentally ill people be their natural unmedicated selves.  Let James Holmes (the Joker) express himself and kill a dozen in Colorado.  Wonder if Noory will ask Farber that question?  What about the nut who shot Congresswoman Gabby Giffords? 

A lot of people who are current C2C fans have mental problems.  Will this show convince them to stop their meds and just listen to their inner voices?

stevesh

Quote from: UFO Fill on July 30, 2012, 12:33:59 PM

“Because the Church of Scientology has a legitimate philosophy on the human situation, it will endure. I see it outliving and speeding the demise of its main antagonist, the state-sponsored religion of psychiatry. Despite the current financial power of psychiatry and its ability to spread its dark message that man is but an animal, I believe the day will come when the Church of Scientology will be joined by other churches dancing on psychiatry’s coffin.”

Seth Farber, PhD
Executive Director
Network Against Coercive  Psychiatry

'Nuff said. The C2C producers should be ashamed of themselves for advancing this gutter 'religion'.

Frys Girl

Quote from: stevesh on July 30, 2012, 02:39:41 PM
“Because the Church of Scientology has a legitimate philosophy on the human situation, it will endure. I see it outliving and speeding the demise of its main antagonist, the state-sponsored religion of psychiatry. Despite the current financial power of psychiatry and its ability to spread its dark message that man is but an animal, I believe the day will come when the Church of Scientology will be joined by other churches dancing on psychiatry’s coffin.”

Seth Farber, PhD
Executive Director
Network Against Coercive  Psychiatry

'Nuff said. The C2C producers should be ashamed of themselves for advancing this gutter 'religion'.
That's outrageous. George Noory is THAT desperate for guests. Sheesh.

Sardondi

Quote from: stevesh on July 30, 2012, 02:39:41 PM"...I believe the day will come when the Church of Scientology will be joined by other churches dancing on psychiatry’s coffin.”

Seth Farber, PhD
Executive Director
Network Against Coercive  Psychiatry...

At a minimum, the very bare, most infinitesimally small, scintilla of a minimum, C2C owes it to their audience to tell them who Farber is. Looks to me like the last thing they want to do is to tell them they're listening to a high-ranking Sci9entologist. Gee, wonder why that would be?

I detest people who don't have the courage to own their actions - who want to have things both ways, who try to remain deniable. It's obvious C2C doesn't want to scare away listeners by informing them of Farber's membership in a criminal enterprise which masquerades as a corrupt and dangerous religious cult So I just wrote George and Tom the following e-mail:

"Why is CoastToCoast hiding the fact Seth Farber is a leader of Scientology?  http://www.whatisscientology.org/html/Part11/Chp34/pg0611-a.html. Having him on is defensible. Failing to inform potential listeners that he is a leader of one of the world's most nefarious and secretive criminal conspiracies is not. Bad show, in more ways than one."

Guess I'm now officially a "hater" who needs to "get a life".

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 30, 2012, 03:21:37 PM
That's outrageous. George Noory is THAT desperate for guests. Sheesh.

Well, yes.  Other than someone that needs to sell a book or product, or someone like LMH that needs the exposure, or someone like Ed Dames or Richard C that need the attention, who else would agree to be on with the Snooron?

Every once in a while they manage to lure someone new to talk about what should be an interesting topic, but George quickly ruins the show and it's one more ex-guest that learned the hard way the program is for idiots only.

b_dubb

Re: scientology's war on ... ummm ... brain science?

is Scientology generally anti-science/anti-fact? seems they'd be pro science. does that qualify as ironic?

McPhallus

Quote from: b_dubb on July 30, 2012, 04:33:51 PM

is Scientology generally anti-science/anti-fact? seems they'd be pro science. does that qualify as ironic?

They're just anti-reality, that's all.

WOTR

Quote from: stevesh on July 30, 2012, 02:39:41 PM
Could it be this is the price that George is willing to pay for an invitation to attend a party hosted by Tom Cruise?  I can see the conversation now- you give us a couple of hours free access to your audience and in return you can hang with me for a day.

This reminds me alot of Dianetics back in the day.  I recall the infomercials (even back then I was an insomniac from hell).  It was an interesting infomercial about unleashing your potential, but NOT ONCE did they mention they were representing the crack-pot religion of Scientology.  I would bet that tonight's show will follow the same script.

I know that I have said it before- but George is a truly disgusting human being springing this steaming pile of dog crap on his audience and trying to pass it off as filet mignon.  Nice one George; I hope whatever you get out of this snow job is worth tossing your listeners under the bus (again.)

Morgus

Noory in the first hour tonight was promoting his main guest for tonight will provide 3 full hours of compelling, rivetting radio.
After only 20minutes with his main guest tonight though, he has already decided to cut him down to two hours and go to open lines for the last hour.
What happened Noory? He wasn't so compelling a guest after all?

WOTR

The one thing that they are is Pro science fiction...

On a side note I decided that if I was going to listen to a scam artist this evening that I should listen to one who has polished his routine and practiced over 3 decades instead of listening to Coast.  So, it was on to youtube and an hour of Benny Hinn preaching the gospel of “give me money.“  I know the Scientologists follow the same gospel and just sing from a different hymn sheet, but you have to give Hinn credit... they estimate that he rakes in 100 million per year, and wow is he ever a salesman.  One man pulling in a hundred million each year- that is impressive. (and I do not think that he even cures people of their psychiatric problems.  He likes the physical where he can claim an instant healing.)  Even he has not stooped low enough yet to tell people to stop their anti-psychotics yet.

A hundred million and all that he has to do is ask for it?  Please send me money and I promise you will be blessed.  I will place my address at the end of this post.  I accept money order, paypal, credit card, gold and silver.  I promise you will feel an anointing once the funds are safely in my account...  Oh, and you can stop taking your anti-psychotics.  I promise you do not need them anymore.

If that does not do it for you I will get my hands on one of the Scientologist E-meters and perform audits at a cut rate.  I will call myself a level 10 OT just so you feel as though I know what i am doing.  Just hold these two electrodes while I perform the audit, answer my next questions and you will proceed to clear.  We will drive those pesky thetans out of your body.  There will no longer be a need for those drugs you have been taking.  Naturally, should you fail it is off to the Sea Org with you...

Now, onto the price.  Scientologists charged $34 000 in 1994 to pass your level 1 and 2.  I offer it for only $10 000 (consider the price reduction after you factor in inflation!)  Now, I know that you want to reach a higher level.  It was almost $300 000 to reach level 8.  I offer it for only $120 000 (or a new house in the location of my choosing.)

Heaven help me... It is far too late at night and watching Hinn followed by trying to recall the teachings of the scientologists has now fried what is left of my mind... I should have just stuck to the dimwitted Noory and Coast.

stevesh

Quote from: Morgus on July 31, 2012, 12:24:57 AM
Noory in the first hour tonight was promoting his main guest for tonight will provide 3 full hours of compelling, rivetting radio.
After only 20minutes with his main guest tonight though, he has already decided to cut him down to two hours and go to open lines for the last hour.
What happened Noory? He wasn't so compelling a guest after all?

Even Noory realized the guy was a one-trick-pony stiff. We listeners figured it out in the first fifteen minutes.

Juan

It took what, less than ten minutes for the guy to advocate giving up meds?  Typical Scientologist.

NoMoreNoory

New depths were plumbed last night.
Farber, ironically, sounded as though he'd overdone his meds. He could barely string a sentence together, let alone a cogent thought in support of his 'book' The Spiritual Gift Of Madness. The what??? His 'friend' Paul Levy regaled us with a tale of how he restored a blind woman's sight (accompanied by gasps of credulous astonishment from Noory) while clearly in the grip of a full-blown psychotic episode - sorry, spiritual awakening ('my heart chakhra blossomed').
This whole thing was off the rails and careering out of control in the first few minutes. Now, Ian or G Knapp might have been able to bring some order and rational assessment to this, but with the intellectual pygmie in control, I found it actually quite scary to listen to.
I have a very close friend who was right where Levy was. Voices in the head, hallucinations, sense of god-like omnipotence, the works. I visited her on the locked ward and left in tears. She has, many years later, completely turned her life around and is a contendedly functioning wife and mother without pharmaceutical help. But it took her a long time to get there, and she would be the first to say that without that period when she 'blew the whistle' and, with the invaluable aid of medication for a period of time, restored some balance in her life, she could only guess what might have become of her.
There is a debate to be had in this area, obviously. We know the quotes from Shakespeare (The lover, the poet and the madman are of imagination all compact) and Emily Dickinson (Much madness is divinest sense), and no-one would argue that there is a major problem of over-medication, particularly in the US, but this is a minefield of an issue that needs very careful debate by people rather more qualified to do so than last night's trio.
To let this Grade 1 whack-job (I mean Farber, but take your pick) loose on the airwaves to urge schizophrenics and bi-polar sufferers to throw away their meds in the name of some ill-defined collective spiritual awakening was just utter, utter, utter irresponsibility on the part of the programme and the network. And this close to Aurora, deeply insensitive (Holmes casually tossed aside as the victim of a mind-control experiment with absolutely no evidence offered in support of such an assertion). I gave up as the thing was going to calls. I can only imagine.

analog kid

Hubbard launched their war on psychology because they're business competitors (as far back as when Battlefield Earth was written with the villains being named "Psychlos"). They want to do away with psychology and psychiatry altogether and treat mentally ill people in their facilities with vitamins. Yep, vitamins will cure bipolar disorder.

ziznak

God I too remember seeing the "dyanetics" adds from way back when I was just a wee lil shit up into my younger teen years I believe.  At first I had wondered how this book could hold the answers to so many profound questions.  Once I was older I just wrote it off as some BS... even before I knew what scientology was or that it even existed.

I tried to listen to last nights show but couldn't hang...
GEORGE NOORY SUX!!!

b_dubb

I picked a self help book in high school for a class. Everyone had to read a self help book and give a presentation about the book. I made the mistake of picking up a Scientology self help book. The book just repeated the same nonsense over and over. My presentation was pretty critical. Afterwards the teacher mentioned a few things about Scientology - none positive. Basically he said he was proud I didn't fall for their BS. This was 1985 probably and I had never heard of Scientology.

You'd have to be dead from the neck up to fall for that shit. Also it doesn't really take a lot of brain cells to be an actor. Or join a cult

dan7800

From time to time, I try to listen to a Boory show and just cannot. Once in a great while, he will have a decent guest with a decent story. However, the questions he asks them are moronic and scripted.  For instance, a short time ago he had a Bigfoot researcher saying he passed by numerous "burial mounds." While on a search for Bigfoots a few years ago, he watched a group of them attempt to swim across a lake, and many drowned. The survivors buried the dead.

A) If you are on a search for Bigfoots, I would think you'd bring cameras. You couldn't get ONE shot of them crossing the lake and burying their dead?
B) Why not go back and dig up one of these burial mounds. You'd be an instant multi-millionaire. If you're that scared of getting killed while digging them up, hell hire a few guys with shotguns to guard you while you did up one of the mounds.

George just responded with "Wow, cool story." No intelligent questions or anything.

Sorry for the rant, the guy has just completely ruined the show.

stevesh

Quote from: dan7800 on July 31, 2012, 10:33:14 AM

Sorry for the rant, the guy has just completely ruined the show.

Never apologize for despising Simple George here. Welcome to Little Hater Central.

George49

The other night on Coast George said when he makes speeches most of the audience falls asleep.

That says it all right there.

MDL5676

I don't know about the rest of you, but I for one am so sick and tired of Un-0riginal George taking a theory or idea from from a previous guest and claiming it to be his "own". Case in point, tonight George was trying to make brownie points and/or make himself look smart by saying something along the lines of "Well MY theory is that the Earth has all the materials you'd need in order to cure any and all types of disease or illness." Really George?? That's YOUR theory, that YOU came up with huh?? Anybody that listens to the show on even a semi-regular basis will know that he does this sort of thing all the time. He constantly takes someone else's idea and tries to pass it off as his own. I mean, I seriously doubt that Simple George has ever had an original thought in his entire life... I bet he was one of those guys in coillege that would just plagiarize other people's work and not even bother to cite them or use parentheses... Just copy and paste and hope he didn't get caught because I'm sure Papa Noory would have been most displeased and (even more) ashamed of his underachieving son.

Which kind of segues me into another thing I'm sick of... I'm sick of George and his constant seeking of praise and/or approval from the guests by asking questions that usually have an obvious answer and truly IS a "no brainer", such as:

George: "Well, I've always believed that if you're gonna jump out of an airplane at 14,000 feet, you should always make sure you have a parachute on... So what do you think? Am I right about that?"

Guest: "Yup, you've once again hit the nail right on the head George. That's exactly right."

I guess that constant need for praise and approval goes all the way back to his childhood. In my mind's eye I can see Lil' Georgie desperately wanting Papa Noory's approval and wanting nothing more in life than to finally make his dad proud of him. But it was not to be. Rather than praise, George had to instead sette for the days when the look of disappointment on Papa Noory's face was less severe and less harsh than it had been the day before... And that's because mediocrity is just the best Ol' Georgie is capable of... Hence the abomination that Coast to Coast AM has become...
           RIP
Coast to Coast AM
     1984 - 2003       

--NOORY SUCKS-- 

Quote from: MDL5676 on August 01, 2012, 01:00:30 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I for one am so sick and tired of Un-0riginal George taking a theory or idea from from a previous guest and claiming it to be his "own". Case in point, tonight George was trying to make brownie points and/or make himself look smart by saying something along the lines of "Well MY theory is that the Earth has all the materials you'd need in order to cure any and all types of disease or illness." Really George?? That's YOUR theory, that YOU came up with huh?? Anybody that listens to the show on even a semi-regular basis will know that he does this sort of thing all the time. He constantly takes someone else's idea and tries to pass it off as his own.

I'm not surprised. He's taken a show that someone else worked hard to create and develop right down to the opening and closing music, and rode it right into the ground by putting his 'personal stamp' on it, i.e. nincompoopery.

Ian had a great interview a couple of years ago with someone who finally was able to get out of Scientology after living like an indentured servant for years. I wonder what he would have done with Mr. No Meds Scientology? Hiding the fact that Farber is a Scientologist was just another fine example of what a lying, dishonest and dangerous piece of work George Noory is.