• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

HumanBeing

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 07, 2018, 10:32:32 PM
being chained to a rusty pipe in my basement isnt a medical condition...

Do you write for Penthouse?
;D

When it comes to bumper music, nobody beats JBW. 

Bluejay

Up until now, Art was probably spinning in his grave.  Art’s ghost can now go on to the next dimension.  The show is in good hands now.

Grifynne

Quote from: 2014 on May 07, 2018, 10:33:26 PM
what blows my mind is that it's not like Art died and KR told Weather Hades 'hit the road'... nope, this is a result of her own smug ignorance and how she thought that she was untouchable and that the sun revolved around her.  Imagine, all she had to say was 'sure, do a week of guest hosts and then i'll be back'

This is 100% her fault, how crazy is that?

I completely agree. KR gave her every opportunity to communicate a solution with him, be it her returning sooner or choosing a guest host. She chose this, which makes me think if she was orchestrating this process for some reason. It gave her a way out but also allowed her to play the victim to her mindless followers.

dsz

Quote from: CoolTen10 on May 07, 2018, 10:33:05 PM
I think Heather was better than this Shredder.

Not better, but she sucked you into her whirlpool of whackadoo more. What's sucking me here?

popple

Quote from: MataHari22 on May 07, 2018, 10:27:38 PM
Lasha didn't get enough reactions to her posts.  She is upping her game.  Stir that pot, Lasha.

Outing her friend as needing to be baby-sat by Keith while on air, & exposing herself as a pee pee poopy pants.

Chine

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 07, 2018, 10:28:45 PM
Aww you say that to all the girls.

I’m quickly popping in... saying Hola!

I’m so fucking happy. Always loved Schrader and finally some decent radio again. Such a relief to be moving forward from all the unnecessary and tiresome drama. Finally, a quality program to tune in again.

Mwuh!

Juan Cena

Someone’s gonna have to smush all these threads together.

Dr. MD MD

I hate that word, impactful. I have a feeling that until recently it wasn't a word at all.  ::)

chefist

Quote from: Grifynne on May 07, 2018, 10:35:24 PM
Damn, well there's lots of people in the chat now. I guess it all depends on how many people have work in the morning (especially those of us who are on the East Coast lol).

I'm interviewing for a new position in NY... might be out that way soon.

dsz

Quote from: Humilia Lepus Foramen on May 07, 2018, 10:36:25 PM
When it comes to bumper music, nobody beats JBW.

Exactly! Second place Art. JB was even blasting out some Art tunes the last hour of Ark Midnight Saturday. He plays anything as long as it's good. (He still misses Art (in a sane way)).

Zenman

Quote from: TigerLily on May 07, 2018, 10:35:22 PM
Just turned in and turned on. So it's Schrader 8)! I always liked him. He was always better and more freewheeling on his own than on c2c. I hope he brings that to his new show. I just may re-subscribe. And Tim can stay home.

P.S. the only ones I would have been happier with would be Amy or Bateman but both were serial flakes

I think he might work out. I agree on the Amy or Bateman thing too.

moosie

Quote from: Grifynne on May 07, 2018, 10:36:53 PM
I completely agree. KR gave her every opportunity to communicate a solution with him, be it her returning sooner or choosing a guest host. She chose this, which makes me think if she was orchestrating this process for some reason. It gave her a way out but also allowed her to play the victim to her mindless followers.
+1 and well said

Sean92008

Quote from: Dateline on May 07, 2018, 10:16:19 PM
I would think there is a future look at this show for syndication.

Cumulus/Westwood has precious few overnight possibilities (isn't Red Eye one of theirs?).

A low entry cost deal to an entity with 400+ stations could be much more than a regular-priced deal with 100+...  Ad revenue, live stage shows, $100 lunches, dating websites... for married guys...

Maybe Art's legacy will live.  (Art Bell's Dark Matter...)

The Snorchlax

I hope the hacks at Premiere are paying attention

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kolchak on May 07, 2018, 10:22:36 PM
Snagging KNYE is the most beautiful "fuck you" chess move Keith has played yet. Art Bell's Legacy must look elsewhere.

I bet Art Bell doesn’t have to call in half way through his first show to help get back on track.

Juan Cena

Thinking how funny it would be if MV scratched out Heather’s name in the thread title, then put Save’s bane because it.

dsz

Quote from: Zenman on May 07, 2018, 10:37:24 PM
Wadegabber.

Wow, is that really another site? It sounds like chimps built it. Send me there now! I bet it will keep me awake yelling at guests, crying a lot, and playing ABBA.

PrairieGhost

Wouldn't it be strange, if Art dying and Heather not accepting a guest host and leading to her being terminated. Leads to Schrader taking over now and gaining affiliates and ends up beating c2c in listeners? Big what if but we are already on a strange ride here.

Grifynne

Guys, Jacqueline canceled her prescription (from Heather's Facebook page).

malliard

Quote from: Gnoory on May 07, 2018, 09:28:16 PM
I wont spoil the drama of who it is,but in 30 minutes youll find out.
As for Heather, she had a very tough time after Art died. But  In retrospect, she should have welcomed a guest host until she was ready to return. I cant blame Keith at all for wanting to get the show back on the road.
Stay tuned.  More on this from george may 22 9 pm eastern live on The Malliard Report

Listening to this is further evidence there are three levels of paranormal hosting:

Art Bell - great.  All alone at the top. 

The boring middle group.  Ian at the high end, Snorgie towards the bottom

Heather - completely unlistenable.

Grifynne

Quote from: chefist on May 07, 2018, 10:39:01 PM
I'm interviewing for a new position in NY... might be out that way soon.

Oh you'll be on my time then. Very convenient!  ;D

HumanBeing

Quote from: trostol on May 07, 2018, 10:34:55 PM
is that brad marchand?

;D
Yes, he is the one crying right now though. Ousted by Tampa.

TigerLily

Quote from: Zenman on May 07, 2018, 10:39:41 PM
I think he might work out. I agree on the Amy or Bateman thing too.

Hi Z