• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ggseattle

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on February 06, 2013, 10:33:25 PM
Fine Art stream had a great interview with a real phycisist, the kind of real hard interview George could never do.

I was listening to this as well.  It was with Brian Greene (The Elegant Universe) and was a GREAT show.  Black holes?  Check!  Time travel?  Check! 

Baking soda?  Not mentioned.

driton

I dont normally tune in to Jorch, but tonights guest looks to be a disaster,so should be good listenin.

onan

Quote from: Lilly on February 06, 2013, 11:53:35 PM
Sorry, meant the MILLIONS of white trash scumbag, alcoholic dopers and the black gang banging, raping, drug dealing garbage, one on every fucking corner and then some.
I come from white trash. Lots of dopers and alcoholics do recover. Black gang banging raping drug dealers will be there no matter what kind of service will or wont be mandatory.
I get your meaning. I dunno, maybe we shoot them all. Maybe if structure and a sense of purpose could be taught to some ne'er-do-wells there might be a different variation of outsider antisocial behavior... yeah probably not. I am not sure how less than 3 percent of the US population (according to the Bureau of Justice) should be factored into a discussion about mandatory civil service. I would offer that perhaps it may be a positive experience... then again maybe not.

Longbow

Quote from: Lilly on February 06, 2013, 11:53:35 PM
Sorry, meant the MILLIONS of white trash scumbag, alcoholic dopers and the black gang banging, raping, drug dealing garbage, one on every fucking corner and then some.
[If I may speak  for the functioning drunks, may I just suggest that you may be overreacting a bit?

onan

Quote from: Lilly on February 07, 2013, 12:28:22 AM
I think the part you don't get, is there are no answers.  Or is it, are, there is no answers.  my grammer sucks.  It's one of the dilemmas of life on this fucked planet.
Well fuck lets not do anything then.

Morgus

Noory has added a last minute second 2 hours guest for tonight's c2c: its longtime guest and good friend&co-author of Art Bell: Whitley Streiber...

Longbow

Quote from: Lilly on February 07, 2013, 12:29:57 AM
You may.  But I'm not.  May away.
???

Well done. MAYbe we will.settle this on May Day. May the force....  huh?  I'm awake.  I am a fan, Lilly!

Longbow

I think the part you don't get, is there are no answers.  Or is it, are, there is no answers.  My grammar sucks.  It's one of the dilemmas of life on this fucked planet.

That is so adorable, Lilly.  Although this makes no sense to anyone who is used to reading English, I think I get your point.  What does that say about my miserable ass?

For some reason I feel the need..the need for...business cards from VistaPrint.

Quote from: onan on February 07, 2013, 12:12:23 AM
I come from white trash. Lots of dopers and alcoholics do recover. Black gang banging raping drug dealers will be there no matter what kind of service will or wont be mandatory.
I get your meaning. I dunno, maybe we shoot them all. Maybe if structure and a sense of purpose could be taught to some ne'er-do-wells there might be a different variation of outsider antisocial behavior... yeah probably not. I am not sure how less than 3 percent of the US population (according to the Bureau of Justice) should be factored into a discussion about mandatory civil service. I would offer that perhaps it may be a positive experience... then again maybe not.

I think the part you don't get, is there are no answers.  Or is it, are, there is no answers.  My grammar sucks.  It's one of the dilemmas of life on this fucked planet.

We've got the answer, thanks to John Carpenter.  See: Escape From New York.

mombird3

There are no answers and you would have no show. Since you hit the nail on the head. We do not know what is going on and what happens after we die. All those fake guests are frauds. It is all MAKE BELIEVE. Although I wish Noory would disappear into thin air. Gone! Who cares!

Longbow

Quote from: Lilly on February 07, 2013, 01:16:38 AM
What does it say about your miserable ass?  You're the one quoting me and wasting your miserable time when you could be making more important comments?  I dunno, just an assumption made for the sake of your arguing.

I don't claim to have any important comments, Lilly.  I'm just another poor sap who prays that I will hear of Art's return to radio.  Reading your posts and of others is a coping mechanism. George Noory is an insufferable jerk.
Be nice, Lilly.

zeebo

Just tuned in for like 10 minutes of tragicomic relief, and I think I just heard this Noorily-phrased question for the guest:

"How can people reach you on your website?  ... through it?"

mombird3

The English language is not one of Noory's best talents. Talent? No!

Insanity

Quote from: Sardondi on February 06, 2013, 10:33:19 AM
I figured there was a "rest of the story" aspect. But I absolutely agree that we have seriously degraded our military, at least the Army ground units and Marines, through gross overuse. It's a scandal how we've abused our National Guard, many of whom have done 4 or more tours in the sandbox.

An all-volunteer force has given the US what might the most professional and effective military in history, but in many ways it has been at a very high societal cost. I think it was a whistling-past-the-graveyard choice, made at a time when the average draftee was simply shitty; not merely unmotivated but working actively against the military.

One of the worst things about a professional army, apart from the increased burden on many fewer troops, is that a professional force creates an even greater divergence between the military and civilians: there is a much greater chance of an "us and them" attitude, which bodes ill. It is important for America to have citizen soldiers. But worst is that we now are into our third generation which thinks it owes the country absolutely no duty whatsoever. Just imagine what the uproar would be if the draft were reinstated (unless we continue into an undeniable big-ass depression, which seems quite possible).

I think the healthiest model, which results in the most stable society, is virtual universal military service, but of a short term of 2-3 years, as we had in the 50's to early 60's. There would be enormous benefits to us as individuals and as a country if we all had the common experience of military service.

I don't want to die for some rich Fuck who wants to use the US military as a way to protect his investments.
Even durning drafts, the lil' bastards of the rich fucks dident have to go die, they amost allways got cushy postiions if they wanted them.

Nebraska888

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on February 06, 2013, 10:33:25 PM
Fine Art stream had a great interview with a real phycisist, the kind of real hard interview George could never do.

God, I miss those days.....those programs.....

Juan

The first guest was amusing, but my favorite part came from Whitley.  sNoorch tried to get him to talk about UFOs, but Whitley refused, saying he had another story he wanted to tell.  Then he began to tell it.

valdez

Katherine Austin Fitts on the end of Saturday mail. Aingeal Rose O'Grady on the book of our lives that supposedly exist somewhere relating all that we have done here on earth.  The Social Security office also has one of those if you need a copy sooner.  A "sound off" about donating your kidneys.  "Thanks for the Memories" is added to an already torturous bumper lineup.  And as long as George has known Whitley Strieber you would think the two can have something resembling a conversation.  Instead Whitley goes on about things he feels and has thought about (which can get on my nerves most times, but tonight I was in the mood to listen to the poor guy) and all he gets from George is the usual pat banal empty reactions.  In the last hour some guy called in talking about the new world order and Whitley, to his credit, said, "I find the concept of a new world order tiresome." To which George interjected:
    "But you know they want to create one."
    "Who is they?"
    "Eh...the illuminate."
     Empty.  Banal.  Meaningless.  Memo to the new world order:  You have nothing to fear from George Noory.  In fact, he may be an asset.

"Who are the illuminate?  Ok.  Fair question.  They're like...
shadow people...from...another dimension...or from deep
inside the earth...or somewhere.. definitely somewhere..

George Drooly

Quote from: valdez on February 07, 2013, 06:14:38 AMAnd as long as George has known Whitley Strieber you would think the two can have something resembling a conversation.  Instead Whitley goes on about things he feels and has thought about (which can get on my nerves most times, but tonight I was in the mood to listen to the poor guy) and all he gets from George is the usual pat banal empty reactions.

Perfect example of Nooron's eager-to-please insincerity feigning familiarity and grating know-it-allism:

-Noory responds to Whit's guardian angel story, says in all the time they've known each other he's never heard Whit mention his spirtual side
-Whit says he's very proud of his spiritual side
-Nooron responds along the lines of "That's right, you absolutely are."

There's a contradiction somewhere in there, where George's brain should be.

I switched to C2C from my normal Fine Art stream last night, and heard a 5 minute uncoonected stroy from Strieber.  I am still not sure what exactly he was talking, nor did George ever interrupt to provide context or ask a clarifying question.

Truly awful radio.

Quote from: valdez on February 07, 2013, 06:14:38 AM
...  "Thanks for the Memories" is added to an already torturous bumper lineup...

Groan.  And there goes George's  accomplishment for Feb.

...  To which George interjected:   "But you know they want to create one.""Who is they?"
"Eh...the illuminate."...

George always seems caught off guard when someone replies to one of his comments and asks him a follow up question.  'You've been on before Whit, this show isn't about listening and responding'.

Eddie Coyle

To which George interjected:
    "But you know they want to create one."
    "Who is they?"
    "Eh...the illuminate."
     Empty.  Banal.  Meaningless.  Memo to the new world order:  You have nothing to fear from George Noory.  In fact, he may be an asset.

"Who is they", a line straight out of Amos and Andy.

He could indeed be an asset to the NWO. As a sandbag. They better grab him quick, before he loses any more weight.

Ben Shockley

Katherine Austin Fitts on the end of Saturday mail. Aingeal Rose O'Grady on the book of our lives " is added to an already torturous bumper lineup.
And as long as George has known Whitley Strieber you would think the two can have something resembling a conversation. 

Aingeal Rose O'Grady
Was she the daughter of Rosie O'Grady, a regular old fashioned girl..?
Whitley Strieber
Forget Noory dealing with him.  I was listening to Art and Whitley from about 2000, on the stream, and whatever you can justifiably say about Whitley -- he's a hell of a story-teller.   Noory just can't work that second-to-second .... in other words ( <-- an Art crutch), Noory DOESN'T LISTEN, therefore can't interact.

Sardondi

Quote from: Sardondi on February 06, 2013, 10:33:19 AM
...But worst is that we now are into our third generation which thinks it owes the country absolutely no duty whatsoever. Just imagine what the uproar would be if the draft were reinstated...

Quote from: Insanity on February 07, 2013, 02:44:23 AM
I don't want to die for some rich Fuck who wants to use the US military as a way to protect his investments.
Even durning drafts, the lil' bastards of the rich fucks dident have to go die, they amost allways got cushy postiions if they wanted them.

Q.E.D.

CrabbyOld Bat

"Thanks for the Memories" is added to an already torturous bumper lineup.

I wonder if that was a snide inside joke directed at Art. Maybe Snorge's way of saying, "You can't beat me, Art. That's the real reason you're not coming back. I win! Ha-ha! See ya!"

Okay, I suppose that's just the hater* in me reading into things.

Right?

*As part of my hater duties I sent a FastBlast complaining about the Snoorrible bumper music as soon as I heard the song. What's next? Rudy Vallee's greatest hits?   

ItsOver

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on February 07, 2013, 12:36:31 PM

......*As part of my hater duties I sent a FastBlast complaining about the Snoorrible bumper music as soon as I heard the song. What's next? Rudy Vallee's greatest hits?

I'm betting on Lawrence Welk.  ;)

Mels-hole1984

Last nights show reminded me of Chappaquiddick. Whitley should know better by now. There's no fucking sense to be made from the dipshit.

I hate listening to Whitley's whiney sad sack voice, complaining that not enough people believe his story.  Then when pressed admit it would have been a lot for him to swallow if he'd heard it from someone else.

Or his stories like 'we saw her go into the bathroom but never saw her come out, therefore she went through a portal'.  Ugh.

I won't miss not having Art talking to this guy

coaster

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 07, 2013, 03:31:54 PM

I hate listening to Whitley's whiney sad sack voice, complaining that not enough people believe his story.  Then when pressed admit it would have been a lot for him to swallow if he'd heard it from someone else.

Or his stories like 'we saw her go into the bathroom but never saw her come out, therefore she went through a portal'.  Ugh.

I won't miss not having Art talking to this guy
More people would believe him if he chose one story and stuck with it. I think even his wife told him to stop changing his story because people were going to stop believing him.