• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on December 03, 2014, 04:18:11 PM
....Of course stats like this could be misleading as there are many branches, sects, schisms, schools, etc in each of these religions (some of the "same religion" don't recognize others in "that religion" as being so. Then you also have the question of what the question means? Especially when surveyed (many places one could get in trouble answering truthfully or even just ridiculed.) Practicing? Attending church, mosque, temple, etc weekly/daily/ just for weddings or on Easter? Being an actual member? Confirmed? Baptized? Gone on Haj? And so on.

Good points here.  A discussion covering these nuances would be interesting.  Unfortunately George doesn't even know what "nuance" means.

yumyumtree

I haven't read all of the posts on this yet, but Albrecht was really irking me last night, so I turned in early because I was tired anyway.

I'm not a big fan of having kids, especially little kids, take pledges.  Studies have proven that things like virginity pledges don't really work.  Anyway do these kids really understand what they're pledging?  I think she's against microchipping pets, too. But as somebody who has worked in the veterinary business and animal rescue, there are definite upsides to microchipping pets. Both of mine are and I recommend it, especially if they go outdoors. These people(and that goes for the anti-brassiere nuts, the anti-microwave oven nuts and all of them) never seem to think about the steep downsides of the things they tell people to do. Do you know how much you pay for groceries at Safeway or someplace without a Club card? That makes a big difference to poor people and people on fixed incomes, etc.

yumyumtree

Quote from: albrecht on December 03, 2014, 07:43:12 PM
You should NOT have painted your forehead. That is what screwed you. Did you not hear that from Katherine! Never paint your face, or even allow your children to paint their face, (there goes my Obama Halloween costume dang it.) You made a mistake there. Get ready for the FEMA camp! (Note: the sirens could be a good sign as usually THEY come in silently- depending on location- in black helicopter.)
-GNS

As Jerry Seinfeld said, "That's what happens when you get mixed up with a face painter."

albrecht

Quote from: yumyumtree on December 03, 2014, 09:15:33 PM
I haven't read all of the posts on this yet, but Albrecht was really irking me last night, so I turned in early because I was tired anyway.

I'm not a big fan of having kids, especially little kids, take pledges.  Studies have proven that things like virginity pledges don't really work.  Anyway do these kids really understand what they're pledging?  I think she's against microchipping pets, too. But as somebody who has worked in the veterinary business and animal rescue, there are definite upsides to microchipping pets. Both of mine are and I recommend it, especially if they go outdoors. These people(and that goes for the anti-brassiere nuts, the anti-microwave oven nuts and all of them) never seem to think about the steep downsides of the things they tell people to do. Do you know how much you pay for groceries at Safeway or someplace without a Club card? That makes a big difference to poor people and people on fixed incomes, etc.
Pledge of Allegiance? I don't mind kids taking pledges at the appropriate time and with some type of consent (even Confirmation if they desire.) But I agree with you on pledges taken without proper study or being forced upon them. Or unrealistic or twisted oaths and pledges.

Re: Club cards and tracking etc. I don't like the idea of massive data-mining, especially without your proper consent and knowledge. Sure it is great for corporate profits and government surveillence grids but recall the story of the father who found out his daughter was pregnant because Target (or was it another store?) started sending her discounted ads for baby and pregnancy supplies (she had bought a pregnancy test kit?) One could quite easily see a circumstance in which your employer, insurance company, or government starts "alerting", charging you more, etc because you have bought too much wine, unhealthy food, or cigarettes. Sure, there is much good that could be said for this (help people get healthier, alert to potential mental problems, etc.) But also some bad scenarios. Already in criminal, and some civil case, your records are subpoenaed and (these days maybe even without a judge ruling, who knows) tracked (countless divorces and criminal cases have been brought and helped due to tracking CC purchases and things like toll-way records.) Now the government is mandating a "black box" in all new cars. Accessible by your insurance company, the mfg, and the government etc. Sure, good to identify crimes or insurance fraud ("you claim you weren't speeding Miss Jones but the black-box says your speed was..." but do we really want to treat EVERYONE as a potential suspect in a crime, an errant husband, or a terrorist? No benefit of the doubt? No warrants? No freedom or privacy at all?
ps: for most Club Cards they will let you use your phone number ("I forgot my card") I use the "card" via phone number of a dead relative. Get the discount and avoid the snooping.
-GNS

auggie

Same people always crying about Noory. I scan this page and it's always the same jack asses talking about Noory. If you don't like it, quit listening ! Who cares about your smart ass remarks ? Who are you ? Just a bunch of long haired, maggot infested, dope smoking, FM radio kooks !

bateman

Quote from: auggie on December 03, 2014, 10:54:44 PM
                                      Same people always crying about Noory. I scan this page and it's always the same jack asses talking about Noory. If you don't like it, quit listening ! Who cares about your smart ass remarks ? Who are you ? Just a bunch of long haired, maggot infested, dope smoking, FM radio kooks !

I read this in Carroll O'Connor's voice.

Judging from your post history-you are one of us, now go get a haircut freak!

PS- PMS much?

aldousburbank

Dude, (except for that I quit listening long ago), totally!

zeebo

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on December 04, 2014, 12:23:12 AM
George:  "I am not a scientist."

i.e. "I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, but I'm about to express a bunch of random opinions anyway."

Quote from: zeebo on December 04, 2014, 12:36:08 AM
i.e. "I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, but I'm about to express a bunch of random opinions anyway."

George may not know what he's "talkeen" about -- particularly about the planet's "warmeen" -- but he has learned about the dangers of a "burneen" microwaved pizza roll.

HEY GEORGIE
A real interviewer shouldn't ever start a question with "i think" and finish with "don't you"
  which you do every single time 

Nick el Ass

Quote from: narcissist noory on December 04, 2014, 01:01:00 AM
HEY GEORGIE
A real interviewer shouldn't ever start a question with "i think" and finish with "don't you"
  which you do every single time

I'm waiting for the day I read on here that a guest has told him no, and that he was an idiot followed by hanging up the phone.

If we have another Ice Age -- as George presumes we will -- he may someday be found in a block of ice by future scientists.

They will conclude that his hair is a black weasel that froze to the top of his head.

laserjock

It bewilders me that Noory would put religious nutcases on the air.  I mean, sure, he's pretty stupid, but is he THAT stupid?  I do happen to believe in Christ's teachings but I don't agree with fundamentalists, I used to be one and had a major self re-examination where a lot of what I used to think got turned on its head.  Religion, except for Buddhism and B'Hai have done more to cause misery in this world than any other cultural mindset.  Right now we're IN a war of the worlds of Christians and Jews at a war they don't want with extremist Islamists.  Funny though, the more educated in science people get, the less they believe all the malarkey some of these belief merchants peddle.  I believe in a God, but he's not some petty creator that is gonna make us talk in babble or let us commit murder in order to get a bunch of virgins (BTW, what IS this obsession with virgins?)  George is doing more than his share to screw up the world worse than it already is, that's for sure.

laserjock

Quote from: yumyumtree on December 03, 2014, 09:15:33 PM

IF, during my lifetime, they develop a chip for the brain to improve my memory and ability to be like a Mentat, I'll take a chip as soon as I can afford one!  If this Albrecht has a cell phone she's already marked by whatever beast she thinks is gonna get us...

What cracks me up is I used to make one of the machines they use to make electronics chips (ICs), and I have to say, I can't see anything evil with an integrated circuit, after all, the human brain is a more elaborate integrated circuit itself, so Katherine, maybe we should all chop off our heads?

George:  "Justin is truck dri-veen in . . . "

pate

I'm still awake enough to be c onfused?

Have been listening since approx. 01:25:xx

Somethings going on?

Oh, I do need to turn up the radio....

Van Morrison Caravan

\Edit: kept searching for "turnip radio" fer sum raison...

George:  "Craig Hulet will tell us what is really happeneen around the world."

Later:

"You've been workeen hard lately, Craig."