• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Dyna-X

Quote from: Nobody on August 26, 2017, 11:54:10 PM
1) When was the last time Hoagland had his Bulova Accutron watch serviced?

and

2) Who performed the servicing?

I ask because the Accutron watch is a mechanical device that requires regular servicing in order to stay functioning properly.  It's also important to note that the last Accutron rolled off Bulova's production line in 1977, making Hoagland's watch at least 40 years old.

Hoagland seems to set great store in the Accutron as a measuring device.  It's only fair that he tells his audience who is keeping his mechanical watch in tip-top shape and where they are obtaining spare parts for a watch that hasn't been made in 40 years.

(Try looking for Accutron index wheels on eBay sometime and you'll see what I mean...and that's just one part.)

In all the time Hoagland has talked about his Accutron, he has never, ever mentioned having it serviced.   If his maintenance programme consists solely of putting new batteries in it, the source of his anomalous "readings" might not be as mysterious as he seems to think.  :)

That is a fair point that some of these readings could be due to the effects of mechanical wear, dust in the gears, worn out springs, etc. There is a reason government agencies and major corporations have entire departments dedicated to testing, maintenance and calibration of all types of measurement equipment. For something this old, I would be happy if the watch kept time within a minute or so on any given day.

expat

I hope everyone realises that the eclipse Accutron trace RCH just posted is NOT from this month's total solar eclipse, but from the annular eclipse in 2012. It does not correspond AT ALL with the trace he released at the time.

Just released:

Released in 2012:

TigerLily

Quote from: Dyna-X on August 27, 2017, 02:51:42 AM
That is a fair point that some of these readings could be due to the effects of mechanical wear, dust in the gears, worn out springs, etc. There is a reason government agencies and major corporations have entire departments dedicated to testing, maintenance and calibration of all types of measurement equipment. For something this old, I would be happy if the watch kept time within a minute or so on any given day.

Inaccutron

Jackstar

Quote from: expat on August 27, 2017, 11:31:19 AM
It does not correspond AT ALL with the trace he released at the time.

You will never be able to get a jury to believe that.

Dyna-X

Quote from: TigerLily on August 27, 2017, 11:51:10 AM
Inaccutron
It may well be just that. As long as the Inaccutron's tuning fork is still working as determined by the Microtest 3 all is well in Hoagieland. The key is the mass/inertia fluctuation sensor. What in the world could that be in reality? An Altoids tin?

expat

Quote from: Dyna-X on August 27, 2017, 01:29:43 PM
It may well be just that. As long as the Inaccutron's tuning fork is still working as determined by the Microtest 3 all is well in Hoagieland. The key is the mass/inertia fluctuation sensor. What in the world could that be in reality? An Altoids tin?

Oh look, the assembly includes "something called a USB port"

trostol

seriously...how is there any symbolism...let alone DEEP symbolism in a Hurricane? and on with a nut and a guy he has had on way too much

https://www.theothersideofmidnight.com/robert-morningstar-christopher-knowles-sun-aug-27-2017/

K_Dubb

Destroyers are "ships of the line" per Hoagie.  He is def stuck in the 19th century.  Or he heard that somewhere and thought it sounded cool.

Maxwell

I think it's live Willy. I don't remember this from last night, but I missed the start of the show.

akwilly

Quote from: Maxwell on August 27, 2017, 10:20:39 PM
I think it's live Willy. I don't remember this from last night, but I missed the start of the show.
haha I called the number to listen live but it was a rerun. Am hearing live show on tune in

albrecht

Aaah it all comes together. NASA, Harvey, and Trump coming...and Egyptian historical calendar.
(I would tie in the great and hilarious play and movie "Harvey" to this system but RCH and his guests don't have Hollywood 'connections')

ahahahahaha tonight is just a brilliant fireworks display of batshit crazy conspiracy theories. what a circle jerk - literally and figuratively.

anything goes, waiting for Roger Goodell and Tom Brady to get included in this mess.

Hoagie is such a tard, he bites on anything.

Nobody

Quote from: akwilly on August 27, 2017, 10:13:55 PM
Hoagy, Get To The Model!!!

I don't think I'm talking out of turn when I say that Hoagland has talked enough unintelligible gibberish about "the model" this evening to satisfy even the most demanding of his followers. 

(Also, that replaying this episode at a mental health hearing for Hoagland would see him kitted out in one of those tight, white, form-fitting jackets in no time.)

If there were any remaining doubts whatever about Hoagland being barking mad, this latest programme eliminated them and no mistake.  If only there were some way to unhear the past two hours.  :(

i can't even follow this insanity - so Trump is going to Houston where he might be assassinated, the powers that be want him out of the way because something to do with the Kennedy assassination? Trump knows too much!

oh that was quite the spirited exchange between Hoagie and his guest. Nurse will be by soon with a big needle if things continue this way.

Nobody

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on August 28, 2017, 12:07:26 AM
i can't even follow this insanity

After hearing Morningstar channel William Shatner at his worst just now (what the hell was that?), I'm not even going to try. 

(Here's hoping nurse shows up with that big needle...and soon.  Crikey!)

lol wtf the solar eclipse last week revealed ancient glass crystal cathedrals on the Moon according to Hoagie. the corona was hiding them all this time, no explanation why the astronauts who walked on the Moon missed them.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on August 28, 2017, 12:07:26 AM
i can't even follow this insanity - so Trump is going to Houston where he might be assassinated, the powers that be want him out of the way because something to do with the Kennedy assassination?

Trump knows too much!

They apparently haven't be watching CNN.

expat

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on August 28, 2017, 12:52:49 AM
lol wtf the solar eclipse last week revealed ancient glass crystal cathedrals on the Moon according to Hoagie. the corona was hiding them all this time, no explanation why the astronauts who walked on the Moon missed them.

His standard explanation for that is that the Moonwalkers all had their memories edited by the evil NASA. This stemmed from an offhand remark by Ed Mitchell to the effect that he didn't really remember what it felt like to be walking on the Moon. NOTE THAT Mitchell never ever said he didn't remember what he saw on the Moon--quite a different thing. But RCH's mind only works in anti-NASA mode.

TigerLily

Thankfully I didn't listen to Hoagie last night but it seems obvious from the posts that once again this thread was much more enjoyable than the actual show. So the consensus seems to be last night was a good example of not nearly enough Dick Cavett and way too much Crazy Uncle Hoagie

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: expat on August 28, 2017, 09:12:48 AM
His standard explanation for that is that the Moonwalkers all had their memories edited by the evil NASA. This stemmed from an offhand remark by Ed Mitchell to the effect that he didn't really remember what it felt like to be walking on the Moon. NOTE THAT Mitchell never ever said he didn't remember what he saw on the Moon--quite a different thing. But RCH's mind only works in anti-NASA mode.

Armstrong, the first man on the moon, never wanted to talk about it either and developed a drinking problem after his return, for what it's worth.  ;)

expat

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on August 28, 2017, 12:55:33 PM
Armstrong, the first man on the moon, never wanted to talk about it either and developed a drinking problem after his return, for what it's worth.  ;)

It was Aldrin who had the drinkies problem. Armstrong became a professor of aeronautical engineering in Cincinnatti.