• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

a is jump

Tried to listen to as much as I could last night  (east coaster).

Listened to the whole show this morning in the archives. I definitely approve of Schrader as the new host. He proved last night that he's got the skills to keep the show moving even if he's the only one talking-- 90 minutes of the show last night were just Dave, and it never got awkward or cringeworthy.

I do hope they get the phones sorted out soon. That was the one key ingredient that was missing last night.

trust_no_one

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 08, 2018, 09:54:53 AM
I wont do politics. There is enough of that on other stations everywhere.  Unless the politician wants to talk Aliens, Ghosts, Conspiracy or Snorting Condoms and Tide Pod Challenges.

Celebrities...oh we will...we will

Sounds good, Dave.

Post often.  You know this vaguely lovable group feasts on it!  :)

ItsOver

Quote from: trust_no_one on May 08, 2018, 10:08:27 AM
... Listening to Dave now as I recorded on TuneIn.  Like him or not at least you can hear a professional on the air.
Exactly. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 09:59:20 AM
They're also a bit weird in being incredibly anal yet because they are, they have 'rebels' that make rednecks in the States look like a bit tame. For instance because of a formula one crash in France, Switzerland banned all forms of motor racing.. BUT, they have a thriving time trial based hill climbing event that attracts some exotic racing cars. If they could I think Switzerland would outlaw the exaling of CO2.  ;D

Don't come in here trying to sell your merch. We all know that 'Incredibly Anal' was the name of that last DVD of yours.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on May 08, 2018, 06:42:01 AM
(Also, is that you running the bellgab twitter?)

Seems like I am, doesn't it?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 08, 2018, 10:00:27 AM
So, you're saying you hate America.  ;)

I would imagine a year or more spent at close quarters with you awful people would have that effect on anyone. However, he probably picked it up from me (as well as that burning sensation when he visits the bathroom) who hated America before it was cool.

ItsOver

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 08, 2018, 09:54:53 AM
I wont do politics. There is enough of that on other stations everywhere.  Unless the politician wants to talk Aliens, Ghosts, Conspiracy or Snorting Condoms and Tide Pod Challenges.

+1.  I hope we won't have to endure any "health" infomercials, either.  Enjoy the artistic license, though, you should have with MITD versus other corporate entities.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 08, 2018, 10:24:22 AM
I would imagine a year or more spent at close quarters with you awful people would have that effect on anyone. However, he probably picked it up from me (as well as that burning sensation when he visits the bathroom) who hated America before it was cool.

Granted, he is in Southern (I think) California so I don't blame him. I lived in Long Beach for a year and a half and hated most of the people there. I have a hypothesis as to why they are so lame but I'll save that for another post.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 08, 2018, 10:21:32 AM
Don't come in here trying to sell your merch. We all know that 'Incredibly Anal' was the name of that last DVD of yours.

You bought all the copies that were officially released...And then you bootlegged it.

Robert

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 08, 2018, 09:54:53 AMI wont do politics. There is enough of that on other stations everywhere.  Unless the politician wants to talk Aliens, Ghosts, Conspiracy or Snorting Condoms and Tide Pod Challenges.

Who's your prod'n team, & what are their responsibilities?

HumanBeing

Yeah let's all be nice to Heather.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 09:59:20 AM
They're also a bit weird in being incredibly anal yet because they are, they have 'rebels' that make rednecks in the States look like a bit tame. For instance because of a formula one crash in France, Switzerland banned all forms of motor racing.. BUT, they have a thriving time trial based hill climbing event that attracts some exotic racing cars. If they could I think Switzerland would outlaw the exaling of CO2.  ;D

Interesting that we were discussing WWI the other night. I always thought Europeans considered the Balkans the "US South" of the continent. A rebellious, backwoods section that was always causing troubles for the more sophisticated North/West.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 08, 2018, 10:27:36 AM
Granted, he is in Southern (I think) California so I don't blame him. I lived in Long Beach for a year and a half and hated most of the people there.

I'm in Sacramento. Yesterday I read there's concern the population is now about 500 000. Eh? It's the state capital..and they're worried the population is only 2/3rds that of England's fifth largest city.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: chefist on May 08, 2018, 10:29:00 AM
Interesting that we were discussing WWI the other night. I always thought Europeans considered the Balkans the "US South" of the continent. A rebellious, backwoods section that was always causing troubles for the more sophisticated North/West.

Tiz where the mass murder of WW1 began...

Taco Bell

Hello from across the mighty Mississippi, Dave. Great job last night, always enjoyed your shows and time on C2C. Glad to hear the midwest represent.

Do you ever get back to Winona to relive the college days?

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 10:30:57 AM
Tiz where the mass murder of WW1 began...

Exactly. Here is a pic inside the monument/mausoleum at Verdun.

ONeill

The Balkans were "causing" problems because the "more sophisticated" parts of Europe considered them geopolitically relevant and decided to fuck with their internal affairs.

Lilith

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 08, 2018, 09:46:24 AM
Hey All!
Welcome to the Etch of Sketch of life, we shook it, and started a bit from scratch and I am pleased that the over all feel is...

"Well he is better than drinking acid"

;)

Reading through these pages for the last 4 days has been a treat, the hate, the love, the drama, did I mention the hate?

We are listening, and reading and hearing your concerns and platitudes, both equally important.  There will be changes, some you will love, some may take some getting used to, for all of us.

Let me give you all perspective on the task at hand, I will NEVER make everyone happy as is evident from posts here and on social media,
"He has a great Radio Voice and is such an engaging interviewer"   to  "His voice is boring and monotone. He talks too slow"  to  "He talks too fast."

My pace and meter will change, when you host a show and spend a whole hour talking, by yourself, I had to keep the energy up, talking a bit faster and higher is about transferring energy to an audience.  If I just spoke for an hour in a never changing monotone, slowly, you would have tuned out in hoards. Talking faster and with energy I was hoping to cover a lot, give some insights and keep the mood lighter and moving. 

Some will love, some will hate. Either way, I get to wake up next to the woman I love, surrounded by kids I adore and do a job that is my passion.  I hope you will continue to come along for the ride and understand, some nights will be better than others, but that is the way it is in every relationship.

I believe it was the great mind of Socrates that once said,

"You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, The Facts of Life, The Facts of Life"

(or was that Alan Thicke? Socrates, Alan Thicke....both great thinkers and amazing TV Dads)

Onward and Upward BellGabbertonians! Tally Ho!
See ya in the Worm Hole.

And one last favor, ease up on Heather. Death is a difficult blow and we all react differently to it. Just because you may handle a situation one way, there is no need to believe that is a universal truth.  Lets leave the disdain for Heather behind and instead focus it where it belongs, on Alex Trebek.

The more you talk about her and let the hate fester like a cancer the more she continues to get your attention and no one should be the focus of continuing rage. The future is here...lets go get mini-donuts and look at clouds.

Your monotone, fast, slow talking, obnoxious, unfunny, warm hearted, lucky son of a bitch radio show host friend,

Dave
aka - Darkness in the Desert of True Crime Dave

I have nothing but praise for any host who posts on bellgab, and proudly gives bellgab shoutouts over the air  ;D

That being said, ya done GREAT!!!

Welcome to bellgab,

Please Post OFTEN!

Praise MV!

It would make your show even MORE respectable, if you would shout "Praise MV!"every now and then.

SredniVashtar

I'd recommend a book called 'Black Lamb, Grey Falcon' by Rebecca West if you wanted to know all about the Balkans between the wars. It is over 1000 pages though.

Juan

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 08, 2018, 10:20:03 AM
Oh, thank God!
Bobs, are you the uncle who touched MV’s butt?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ONeill on May 08, 2018, 10:33:27 AM
The Balkans were "causing" problems because the "more sophisticated" parts of Europe considered them geopolitically relevant and decided to fuck with their internal affairs.

A single shot started the ball rolling.. Incredibly sad.

chefist

Quote from: ONeill on May 08, 2018, 10:33:27 AM

That didn't turn out so well.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2018, 10:09:32 AM
The UK standard for plugs and sockets is peerless. The plugs don't drop out of the sockets for one, and who decided a screw through a metal tag was a secure and safe idea to earth a stupid little three pin plug? Well? Who????  >:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEfP1OKKz_Q

ItsOver

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 08, 2018, 10:28:27 AM
Yeah let's all be nice to Heather.

Heather should see "the hate" as a positive.  Indifference is always a potential threat, waiting to knock on her cuckshed. 

Roswells, Art

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 08, 2018, 10:35:29 AM
I'd recommend a book called 'Black Lamb, Grey Falcon' by Rebecca West if you wanted to know all about the Balkans between the wars. It is over 1000 pages though.

*whispers* he's not much of a reader

chefist

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 08, 2018, 10:35:29 AM

I'll take a look at it, thanks. Serbia lost 25% of their population...25 freaking %! Jesus...Germany, France and England each lost close to 4%.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 08, 2018, 09:46:24 AM
Some will love, some will hate. Either way, I get to wake up next to the woman I love, surrounded by kids I adore

It must be a struggle fitting them all in the bed at the same time. Admirably kinky, if probably illegal. Thanks for flaunting your weirdness credentials right out of the gate, though. If that doesn't make you a worthy successor to Art nothing will.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: brig on May 08, 2018, 10:35:20 AM
I have nothing but praise for any host who posts on bellgab, and proudly gives bellgabâ,,¢ shoutouts over the air  ;D

That being said, ya done GREAT!!!

Welcome to bellgabâ,,¢,

Please Post OFTEN!

Praise MVâ,,¢

It would make your show even MORE respectable, if you would shout "Praise MVâ,,¢!"every now and then.

FIFY Brig (Official beta tester Turbo mode Plus+â,,¢)